Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

The Bonny Island Massacre - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bonny Island Massacre (9835 Views)

No Safe Haven - A Story By Mariam Bint Haruna About Sudan Massacre / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / The Asaba Massacre Book-reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2017
ghost readers I pray God destroy ywah fone d way he dealt with....
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by zabadii(m): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2017
Nice
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by tyeenigga(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
Nice write-up, I love story with love and rivalry. Keep it up
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by yhormite: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
Nice story keep it coming more ink to ur pen
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
zabadii:
Nice
yhormite:
tyeenigga:
Nice write-up, I love story with love and rivalry. Keep it up
yhormite:
Tnks bosses
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by Mzthowxeen(f): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
who copied who? i av read dis story @ adelove.com since last year
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by Maggiespecial(f): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
Interesting....i used almost a whole day to read it......kudos to u
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by zabadii(m): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
More episodes please
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
(Episode 10) The Bonny Island Massacre

While detective Musa was still questioning Yvonne, with Annabel pacing the garden frantically, with the phone stuck to her ear, the garden was flooded with lights, and camera flashes. The news of the massacre in the Ngegwu mansion had filtered to the media community, and like ravaging vultures, they had circled to the house. They took pictures of the dead bodies, and the heavily armed police men already on the scene.
Detective Musa: “Do not contaminate my crime scene” he yelled, as his men shoved the reporters away from the garden with the butt of their guns.
At the same time, another police van drove into the compound, with an ambulance behind. The men jumped down and with stretchers ran into the garden. They were in the hope that some would be saved, but unknown to them, the bodies were already stone cold in death. The reporters followed the frenzy of activities, not wanting to miss any part of the action.
Annabel was distraught; she didn’t understand why her husband was not yet with them. Wherever he was, couldn’t he hear the news of the massacre that happened in his own mansion? She wondered. She got tired of calling her husband’s private line, and decided to call his personal secretary. The secretary however had no knowledge of her boss’s whereabouts, as the time slot in his organizer said ‘P.E’. P.E could mean anything to the oil magnate, depending on his mood, it could mean he was having a personal evening which would involve a curvaceous long-legged mistress, or meeting with powerbrokers in the country, or it could mean, he wanted everyone to Bleep off and leave him the hell alone. So the secretary didn’t know which P.E, her boss was having. Therefore, she didn’t know where he could be.
At this point, Annabel had given up hope that her husband would come to the house that night, so she called the law firm that handled their businesses, Berkeley and Berkett, a multinational law firm that catered to the legal needs of the oil companies in Port-Harcourt. They told her they were sending somebody immediately, to appraise the situation.
Meanwhile, Mira was nowhere to be seen, she had probably ran away with the others, afraid to be caught in a crime scene such as that. The night whiled away, oblivious of the catastrophe in its wake, with the detective quizzing Yvonne, and the Forensic people bagging the bodies, for transportation to their lab, where they would be torn open and examined to ascertain cause of death.
When the lawyer from Berkeley and Berkett was sent, it was a Nigerian lawyer, in his mid fifties, obviously worth his salt. He told the detective that it was not right for him to treat the family as suspects because they were not suspects, yet.
Detective Musa: “Look at this idiot, if they are not suspects, what are they?” he asked sarcastically and closed his writing pad, like he was not interested in questioning Yvonne, anyway. He asked that none of them left the country as an investigation had just been opened and till the end of the investigation, they were forbidden to leave the country. He signaled to his men to follow him, they entered the van and drove away. The ambulance also went away with the bodies. The reporters however remained, and Annabel was helpless to ask them to leave. It pained her that their mansion which had once been revered so much that people did not park their cars in front of their gate for fear of crossing the almighty oil magnate, Prince Ngegwu. But tonight, reporters flocked in, taking pictures of anything and everything, and she couldn’t even tell them to leave.
Yvonne: “Why isn’t dad here?” she asked her mother as they walked into the house, to the East wing, where they could put a distance between themselves and the carnage. Annabel shook her head, unable to tell her daughter that, in the time he was needed the most, her father was nowhere to be found. Femi was perplexed beyond action, he held and squeezed Yvonne’s hand to reassure her. But inside him, he knew he needed reassurance himself.
While the forensics people were bagging the bodies, he had seen Daisy, she was dead too. He was so certain that what Yvonne had done to stop her from launching Daisy Advertising in Port- Harcourt, was going to come back and bite her in the ass, but he was confused as to Daisy being dead too.
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by Nifeola: 6:02am On Sep 13, 2017
Serious matter! But am sure Yvonne can never poison her cake for her own Birthday. I suspect Mira y did she leave her Friend like dat and I think she forced dat cake on Daisy to blackmail Yvonne.

To d writer u are doing a really good job, God bless d work of ur hand, and pls more update
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
He was so certain that what Yvonne had done to stop her from launching Daisy Advertising in Port- Harcourt, was going to come back and bite her in the ass, but he was confused as to Daisy being dead too. He was certain that, people would make different assumptions and draw their own conclusions. He was not wrong.
Yvonne had slept like she was under the influence, but it was not alcohol or drugs that made Yvonne sleep with such abandon, it was fear, uncertainty, and anxiety. She slept till the sun was well up in the sky, and only woke when she heard the wail of the siren and raised voices. She jolted out of bed, and rushed to her little balcony that overlooked the gate, to the right. Reality came crashing down on her as she remembered the events of last night. The front of the gate was filled with onlookers who had come to see where the massacre took place. Police vans were not absent either. She quickly washed her face and changed into a pair of ripped denim trousers and a black tee shirt. She combed her hair and pulled it up into a loose ponytail. When she stared at herself in the mirror, she was surprised at how guilty she looked. Her eyes were filled with fear.
Her activities had roused Femi from sleep. Last night, they had cried together when they remembered that just few minutes before the evil event, they had been planning their lives together. They wept because they knew what awaited them in the nearest future. Through their pain, they found passion and saw themselves kissing. Yvonne saw that her body was heating up with uncontrollable want for Femi. Whether it was because of the fear, she couldn’t tell, but she found herself groping Femi. For Yvonne, it was like she was preparing her soul for the inevitable. When Yvonne began to UnCloth Femi, the latter asked her if she was sure.
Yvonne: “I have never been sure about anything as I am sure of this. I do not know what I will face when the morning comes, but I know I will have your love” she said with passion.
Femi: “We are in this together” he said and peeled her clothes away.
They joined their bodies and their souls as Femi thrust into her. He did not hold back when they both climaxed, as he poured his seed into her.
She was almost out of the room when Femi called her, she turned and saw that he was awake and naked.
Yvonne: “The police is here” she said simply and left. Femi jumped off the bed and hurried into the crinkled clothes of yesterday.
When Yvonne got to the living room, her eyes fell on her father, then her mother. There was also present, a host of lawyers sent by the law firm. She also saw detective Musa and when his eyes fell on her, he smiled wickedly
Detective Musa: “It was nice for you to join us this morning. You see I ordered your parents not to wake you up. You deserve your sleep. However, seeing that you are awake, let’s get right down to business” he said and paused for effect. He looked around at everyone present and turned to Yvonne before he said, “Yvonne Ngegwu, you are under arrest for the murder of twenty people, the bodies are still being cataloged and in due time, you will know the victims of your wicked act” he said and nodded to a constable who stood beside him. The pot bellied constable walked over to Yvonne and clasped handcuffs on her wrists.
Prince Ngegwu: “You have been acting so arrogant, detective. But I tell you that you will lose your badge for this. You come into my house, with the intent to see my daughter but disallowed anyone from waking her up, and now you arrest her for murder? On what grounds, if I may ask?” the tall and handsome oil magnate, Prince Ngegwu, Yvonne’s father said.
When Prince Ngegwu spoke, the tone of his voice could have intimidated any man, and made them tremble, but not a man like detective Musa. He just kept a passive face, like the Prince was not talking to him. Then he said;
Detective Musa: “You failed to tell me that you were the one who baked the cake. Did you think you could hide that little fact from me?” he asked, glaring at Yvonne, and totally ignoring her father, who was seething with anger.
Yvonne did not say a word, she was already prepared for whatever was going to happen. Femi was just coming down the stairs when Yvonne was being led out of the house, flanked by two policemen. He rushed to them and embraced Yvonne.
Yvonne: “Take care of Coveteur. No matter what happens, do not let our dream for the company die. You can do it” she whispered to him, and planted a small kiss on his cheek. Femi was taken aback with the resignation in her voice, he had never known her to give up easily, but what he heard in her voice, told him that she had already resigned to her fate.
When Yvonne stepped out of the gate, she saw a Black Maria waiting to transport her to prison, that was when it dawned on her that, she was going to prison and may never come out again. She broke down in tears and would have fallen on the ground, but the policemen flanking her, hoisted her up and pushed her towards the Black Maria. The reporters flashed their cameras and snapped away, with the whole world, privy to her disgrace and shame.
Question: Who can really say that Yvonne is not guilty, for she was the one who baked the cake, Daisy couldn’t have killed herself, what do you think happened here?
Stay Tuned For Episode 11 (You don’t wanna miss this!)

*certified*
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by Nifeola: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nawa oo, Na real wah oooo
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2017
(Episode 11) The Bonny Island Massacre

Mira sat in her house with fear, her doors were locked tight and even when her neighbor came to knock, she refused to open. Any sound she heard, took her to the window, where she would peek at the surrounding of her apartment to ascertain if there were any strange faces around. She had seen Yvonne being led away to prison, on television. Then her phone began to ring, it was a number she did not recognize, so she didn’t pick up. She wouldn’t have picked, even if it was a number she knew. Mira was that scared.
The news was all over the country and even in the International news. They were tagging it ‘The Bonny Island Massacre’. It was so named because, the Ngegwu mansion which was the scene of the massacre, was located in Bonny Island. Some mischievously called it ‘The Black Birthday’. Mira watched all these with a passive face, except for the occasional peeking out the window, one would think she was unaffected by the event.
By noon, the names of the twenty (20) dead people had been released to the public. Among the twenty people, there was Daisy of Daisy Advertising, Danlattu, a top notch member of AFC and his running mate in the forth coming presidential elections. People were beginning to form their opinions about the massacre. Some said that it was political, seeing as the only politicians at the party who ate the cake were from the ruling party. Even though Yvonne was not a politician, she used her father’s clout and got favors from those in the corridors of power, and because, her father was a strong member of the opposition party, NPC, it was concluded that she had been used to assassinate two top notch politicians who were rumored to win the ticket in the party to run in the forth coming election as President and Vice-President.
Making issues worse, were the pictures that Yvonne was sure Daisy had orchestrated, to be posted on the Internet, while she was alive. It was the picture of Yvonne in deep conversation with Raji Lawal, and the public had concluded that Raji had given her the contract to assassinate the two politicians from AFC. This was like heating the embers, as politicians from both parties were seen having interviews, discussing the Bonny Island massacre. The politicians from AFC were sure that the Bonny Island massacre was political and aimed at destroying the chances of AFC at the polls. The politicians on the other side of the fence were sure they had better chances at the poll, seeing as the AFC led government had plunged the masses into penury, therefore they didn’t need to resort to such measures.
Raji Lawal was invited by the Police for questioning where he denied giving any contract to Yvonne, and told the police that their meeting was a friendly one, and there was nothing political to it. However, as he was stepping out of the Police station, the agency responsible for security of State, NSS, picked him up.
The media did not disappoint. Every television station political talk show was centered around, whether Yvonne was contracted to assassinate the two politicians from AFC or not. Political experts were invited to deliberate on the issue; all but one believed that the massacre at Bonny Island was political. The man, who didn’t believe it was political, said that perhaps Yvonne was having a mental breakdown. But nobody ever doubted that Yvonne was responsible for poisoning the cake.
While this was ongoing, Yvonne was being drilled by detective Musa and two of his assistants, they wanted her to tell them, why she poisoned the cake. They played a recording for her to listen to, it was a recording of an interrogation. Prior to arresting her, the night before, they had arrested the owner of the event planning outfit that was in charge of the birthday party, and questioned her all through the night. She had confessed that, she and her team were in charge of the food and drink, but for the cake, she told the detective that Yvonne had insisted on making the cake herself.
When the detective asked if they had handled any event for her before, she replied in the affirmative, and when he asked if Yvonne had made such request before, she said no. The detective thought for a while and told the woman to leave, but not to leave the state.
So it was the recording of the investigation they played to Yvonne’s hearing. Even listening to the woman who handled all her events, Yvonne already felt guilty.
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by Nifeola: 4:43am On Sep 15, 2017
DIS one weak me ooo but am still sure Yvonne can't do dat
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
Detective Musa: “Was that woman lying in any way?” he asked, bringing his face close to Yvonne’s. Yvonne just shook her head, but the look in the detective’s eyes told her that shaking the head was not enough.
Yvonne: “No, she was not lying” she replied, sealing her fate.
Detective Musa: “So you agree that, you had an ulterior motive?” he asked, with a hard stare
Yvonne: “I did not say that, don’t you dare twist my word!” she yelled, jumping out of the chair. The two sergeants with the detective held her on each side and pushed her down to the chair.
Detective Musa: “You think we are playing here? He asked, “Just wait, when I hand you over to my boys, you will know we mean business” he concluded.
Just then, the door opened and one of her father’s lawyers walked into the interrogation, with Yvonne’s father on his heels.
Prince Ngegwu: “This interrogation is over and I assure you detective that, you will lose your badge before this day is over” he said agitated. Yvonne just watched him, with angry eyes. For a moment, she forgot the trouble she was in, and concentrated on hating the father who had abandoned her all her life. It had taken a police case to bring him home, even though it was her birthday.
Detective Musa: “Who said so? Your money and power has no binding on this office. I say when the interrogation is over” he barked with anger.
Detective Musa had crawled from a life of poverty and diseases in a village, north of the country. So, he disliked anybody of affluence.
Yvonne’s lawyer: “But the law however, is binding here. The Miss has been granted bail, so this interrogation is over and never try to interrogate her again, without the presence of her lawyer, or else we would sue this division” said the smart looking lawyer from Berkeley and Berkett law firm, in a calm and cold voice that carried authority.
The detective gave him the stink eye, for he hated lawyers as much as he hated wealthy people. He felt they wielded power too much because they knew the nook and cranny of the law, and could twist it to suit them.
Detective Musa: “Where is the bail bond?” he demanded. The lawyer flung the paper at him, and detective Musa had to bend to pick it up. It was a position he didn’t like, and he felt insulted. He nodded at his subordinates and they released Yvonne.
On their way home, she sat at the back with her father, while the lawyer sat beside the driver. She turned her face to the window, refusing to acknowledge her father.
Prince Ngegwu: “Would you at least, be grateful, you were going to rot there till the day of trial, if I had not moved mountains for you” he quipped, and Yvonne could detect a note of distaste in his voice.
Yvonne: “Thank you” she replied curtly, but her father was having none of that.
Prince Ngegwu: “What the hell is wrong with you? I have given you everything, even that which you do not deserve and what did you do in appreciation? You go ahead and rub my name in the mud! A name you do not even deserve” he thundered. This just opened the can of worms which Yvonne had done her best to keep a tight lid on.
Yvonne: “Oh really, now you are doing me favors. Who asked you for all that?” she yelled back, facing her father squarely, “All my life I have done everything I could to deserve your love, even when you are my father, why do I have to beg for your love? You shower me with gifts that I do not need, but the one thing I have needed, you have kept away from me” she said, her voice lowering to barely a whisper, and her eyes shimmery with unshed tears.
Prince Ngegwu: “I am not your father!” he exclaimed, and it was like cold water was poured on Yvonne. She stared at her father, with questions racing in her mind, but her lips being unable to form the words.
Question: What is the meaning of what Yvonne’s father said, is he saying the truth or is it a result of anger?
See Episode 12 Below (You don’t wanna miss this!)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by ventilation: 7:29am On Sep 16, 2017
collinometricx:
Detective Musa: “Was that woman lying in any way?” he asked, bringing his face close to Yvonne’s. Yvonne just shook her head, but the look in the detective’s eyes told her that shaking the head was not enough.
Yvonne: “No, she was not lying” she replied, sealing her fate.
Detective Musa: “So you agree that, you had an ulterior motive?” he asked, with a hard stare
Yvonne: “I did not say that, don’t you dare twist my word!” she yelled, jumping out of the chair. The two sergeants with the detective held her on each side and pushed her down to the chair.
Detective Musa: “You think we are playing here? He asked, “Just wait, when I hand you over to my boys, you will know we mean business” he concluded.
Just then, the door opened and one of her father’s lawyers walked into the interrogation, with Yvonne’s father on his heels.
Prince Ngegwu: “This interrogation is over and I assure you detective that, you will lose your badge before this day is over” he said agitated. Yvonne just watched him, with angry eyes. For a moment, she forgot the trouble she was in, and concentrated on hating the father who had abandoned her all her life. It had taken a police case to bring him home, even though it was her birthday.
Detective Musa: “Who said so? Your money and power has no binding on this office. I say when the interrogation is over” he barked with anger.
Detective Musa had crawled from a life of poverty and diseases in a village, north of the country. So, he disliked anybody of affluence.
Yvonne’s lawyer: “But the law however, is binding here. The Miss has been granted bail, so this interrogation is over and never try to interrogate her again, without the presence of her lawyer, or else we would sue this division” said the smart looking lawyer from Berkeley and Berkett law firm, in a calm and cold voice that carried authority.
The detective gave him the stink eye, for he hated lawyers as much as he hated wealthy people. He felt they wielded power too much because they knew the nook and cranny of the law, and could twist it to suit them.
Detective Musa: “Where is the bail bond?” he demanded. The lawyer flung the paper at him, and detective Musa had to bend to pick it up. It was a position he didn’t like, and he felt insulted. He nodded at his subordinates and they released Yvonne.
On their way home, she sat at the back with her father, while the lawyer sat beside the driver. She turned her face to the window, refusing to acknowledge her father.
Prince Ngegwu: “Would you at least, be grateful, you were going to rot there till the day of trial, if I had not moved mountains for you” he quipped, and Yvonne could detect a note of distaste in his voice.
Yvonne: “Thank you” she replied curtly, but her father was having none of that.
Prince Ngegwu: “What the hell is wrong with you? I have given you everything, even that which you do not deserve and what did you do in appreciation? You go ahead and rub my name in the mud! A name you do not even deserve” he thundered. This just opened the can of worms which Yvonne had done her best to keep a tight lid on.
Yvonne: “Oh really, now you are doing me favors. Who asked you for all that?” she yelled back, facing her father squarely, “All my life I have done everything I could to deserve your love, even when you are my father, why do I have to beg for your love? You shower me with gifts that I do not need, but the one thing I have needed, you have kept away from me” she said, her voice lowering to barely a whisper, and her eyes shimmery with unshed tears.
Prince Ngegwu: “I am not your father!” he exclaimed, and it was like cold water was poured on Yvonne. She stared at her father, with questions racing in her mind, but her lips being unable to form the words.
Question: What is the meaning of what Yvonne’s father said, is he saying the truth or is it a result of anger?
See Episode 12 Below (You don’t wanna miss this!)
we are waiting
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by olllachi(f): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2017
Mzthowxeen:
who copied who? i av read dis story @ adelove.com since last year
as in eh. I read it in June from that same site
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by collinometricx: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
(Episode 12) The Bonny Island Massacre

Femi was thrown into a state of confusion when he went to Coveteur and found NSS agents everywhere in the building, disturbing the flow of operations.
Femi: “Can somebody explain what is going on here?” he barked when he entered Yvonne’s office and found it turned upside down. There were bullet proof vested men everywhere going through cabinets, files and just throwing things around. Femi, when he saw the mess thought to himself that, Yvonne would lose her mind if she saw her office right now. Yvonne was a perfectionist, she liked every little detail taken care of, and it showed in her office. Everything had a place and you would never find a stray paper or object.
He was surprised to find NSS agents in the office because he knew that despite the fact that Yvonne had been granted bail, investigations were still ongoing and her date in court was in a fortnight, but it was the police jurisdiction. One of the NSS agents shoved a paper in his face, it had the seal of the President, and it authorized the NSS to take over the investigation, as it had become a matter of national security.
Femi: “How is this case a matter of national security, was the sovereignty of the nation threatened?” he asked, his anger boiling to the top. He didn’t know what to think about the Bonny Island massacre, but what he knew was, the ruling party was turning it into a political thing.
NSS agent: “I have no answers to give you, but let me shock you, this place is going to be under lock and key until the end of our investigations” he said, taking pleasure in seeing the panic on Femi’s face.
Femi: “You mean this office?” he asked, even though his heart already knew the answer.
NSS agent: “This whole building, infact Coveteur’s license to do business has been revoked, until we are sure that this company was not a front for malicious activities against the state”
Femi: “This is too much!” he yelled in frustration.
NSS agent: “Please someone escort him out, and tell everyone to vacate this building, business is closed indefinitely” he said.
Femi was stunned, so much that as he was led out, he obliged without any resistance. Outside the gate, he looked up at the beautiful edifice that housed the dream he had built with Yvonne. He smiled a bitter smile.
Femi: “Yvonne my darling, what Daisy could not do in life, she did in death. She brought you down, and took me along” he said aloud, not minding the members of his staff that stood around him with confusion on their faces, they had just lost their jobs without any explanation. He was still standing there when he felt a touch on his arm, he turned and saw Mira.
Mira rushed into his arms and began to sob, Femi put his arms around her and hugged her back. He felt they were both in grief over what had happened to their mutual friend, and to their lives in general.
Mira: “What are they saying Femi? I am so confused” she said when Femi pulled away from the embrace.
Femi: “The NSS has an order from the president; they are calling this a matter of national security. I am as confused as you are” he said. Mira became thoughtful, as she wiped away her tears.
Mira: ‘What is going to happen to Coveteur now?” she asked looking into Femi’s eyes.
Femi: “Closed indefinitely. I have to call my father; perhaps he could pull some strings and get Coveteur opened. ” he said thoughtfully.
Yvonne stood before the door of her parents’ room and listened to them quarrel. Her heart broke with every word that spilled out of their mouths.
Prince Ngegwu: “You think I don’t know? I know everything. I kept quiet because my reputation was at stake. I have my own children from my second marriage which I have kept secret but not anymore” he yelled.
Annabel: “You don’t know what you are talking about. Yvonne is in every way your daughter, she has the same fire I see in your eyes, the same stubbornness and doggedness, what are you saying my darling?” she asked in the most broken voice that Yvonne had ever heard.
Prince Ngegwu: “Don’t kid yourself, we stopped being darlings long ago. I found out, glad I did” he retorted and told Annabel how he found out her best kept secret.
Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by zabadii(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
(Episode 13) The Bonny Island Massacre

Annabel: “You bastard! How could you do that to me?” Yvonne heard her yell in a voice that was between a scream and a broken cry.

Prince Ngegwu: “You dare to ask? You who cheated on me, broke our vows and gave me another man’s child, what do I call you?” he demanded. Though it had been years, the hurt was still there, not because of his wife, after all the love in their marriage fizzled away after many miscarriages that he felt she could have prevented if she had taken family life more serious than her modeling career. He was hurt because he lost Yvonne, which man wouldn’t love to be Yvonne’s father. She was beautiful, smart and independent. He had watched her success closely in the advertising world, and felt proud that he was known as her father, even though she was not his daughter. It was the reason he was fighting to make sure she got out of the mess she was embroiled in, even though the massacre had affected him personally. He didn’t know if Yvonne committed the crime or not, she was certainly capable because she had that fire in his eyes, besides he had been absent from her life for a while and didn’t know what she could and could not do.

Annabel: “I didn’t cheat on you, you bastard. How could you have another family, wasting all my years with you” she cried, and Yvonne heard sounds of struggling, as if her mother was hitting her father. Not my father anymore, she thought.

It became quiet inside their room, as her mother whimpered softly like she was spent of energy. Then she asked a question, whose reply threw Yvonne into more confusion.

Annabel: “Who is she, do I know her? You probably been flaunting her under my nose and I never noticed” she asked. She tried to visualize the face of the woman who had given her husband the family that was his, and had infact shared her husband with her. But none of the women in her husband’s circle came to mind.

Prince Ngegwu: “It is Daisy” he said simply, but no face came to Annabel’s mind.

However, Yvonne had burst into the room, with hot tears cascading down her eyes.

Yvonne: “Daisy, Daisy Advertizing?” she asked, almost whispering.

Annabel: “You know her?” her mother shot off the bed.

Yvonne: “She is my arch enemy in business. I got some of her big clients, even though she is the veteran. She swore to put me down, and here you are telling me that she was also responsible for wrecking our family?” she asked incredulously.

Prince Ngegwu: “Family?” he chuckled, “She didn’t, your mother did, and yes I know about the cold war between you and Daisy. She was sure that you were behind her being stopped from doing business in the building she got here in Port-Harcourt. You thought she was doing it to spite you, but she was doing it to be closer to me, and the children”

Annabel: “Your children are here in Port-Harcourt?” she asked, as she slumped into a nearby couch. Yvonne watched her pitifully, but there was so much anger in her heart. How could her mother play with their lives in this manner?

Yvonne: “Who is my father?” she said in a cold voice.

Annabel: “I don’t know” she said.

“What!” both Yvonne and her father exclaimed.

Annabel: “I never cheated on you, I did all these because of you. After all the miscarriages, you didn’t love me anymore. You told me you had made a mistake in marrying me because I was not African and therefore not strong enough to carry your child” she said. Yvonne turned to look at her father, there was anger in her eyes.

Annabel: “When I got pregnant after the last miscarriage, I did all I could to make it stay, and it did. But I delivered a dead baby, Prince. You were away on a trip and I just couldn’t tell you that yet again, there was no baby. A woman had died during childbirth and the doctor had told me they were young people and the man didn’t want the child. I had gotten Yvonne from the man for 10 million naira. When I saw the indescribable joy on your face when you held the pink

1 Like

Re: The Bonny Island Massacre by zabadii(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

ALIEN - GALAXY AT WAR!!! / Iron Sanctuary: Only I Level Up (V2) / Chinua Achebe Tops The List Of 40 Most Powerful Celebrities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.