Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki (11824 Views)

Amaechi Denies Collecting Pension From Rivers Govt / Breaking! Buhari Wins In Kwara, Saraki Loses - Vanguard / Lagos Pays N9.3bn As Pension In 1 Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by nurex01(m): 3:01am On Aug 02, 2017
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, said he had stopped collecting pension in Kwara State as a former governor of the state.

Saraki, who said this during the News Agency of Nigeria Forum in Abuja on Tuesday, declared that he had written a letter to the state government to stop the payment of the pension.

According to Saraki, the move was sequel to complaints from some quarters that former governors, who are currently senators or ministers, were receiving pension and salary in their new jobs, all from the government.

A civil society organisation, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, had accused the former governors of receiving double pay from government, and said it was illegal.

“No, I’m not collecting pension; the moment I saw that allegation, I wrote to my state to stop my pension.

“So, I speak for myself on that part; I’m not doing that, I am not receiving pension from my state,’’ he said.

On other senators still collecting pensions from their state, Saraki said, “I think I will leave everybody to their individual decision. Morally, if you have got another job, you should give it up until when you are truly a pensioner.

“Some of these oversights are not addressing the issues. What the states should do is to go and amend their laws to say that if you have another appointment then you are not entitled to that benefit. With this, we will just simplify the matter.”

On the role of Bank of Infrastructure in the country, Saraki said that the Senate had not had any serious interface with the bank, but that it was involved in some projects.

“We are not engaging with them particularly. I think that they were part of those involved in the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. But, I don’t think government should really put funds into that.

“I have this strong view and I feel very strongly about it, that nowhere in the world has government funded infrastructure.

“Government cannot, and even if government can fund infrastructure projects, the social sector will suffer – health will suffer and education will suffer.’’

He said there were a lot of complaints that budgetary allocation to health and education was too low, attributing it to the fact that much money was being invested in infrastructural development.

Saraki explained that due to the challenges, the National Assembly had passed bills that would encourage private sector participation in infrastructural development.

“What should happen is that we should try and get private sector to take over some of these infrastructure so that the money can go into education and health.

“By doing that, banks like Bank of Infrastructure will come in.”

http://punchng.com/ive-stopped-collecting-pension-in-kwara-saraki/

2 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by sosy25: 3:13am On Aug 02, 2017
I've received a lot of forwarded WhatsApp messages on this matter of former governors who are currently senators being paid pension, and people like David Mark being paid pension from the military. I didn't know that just WhatsApp messages could make Saraki write Kwara State Government to stop the payment of the pension. It's a pity that the Kwara State Government did not use their sense ab initio.

14 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by sorom4: 3:14am On Aug 02, 2017
It is only because of greed that these politicians vie for power.

It is even wrong for them to get their pensions since they did little or nothing to better the lives of the citizens when they were in power.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by tiger28: 3:29am On Aug 02, 2017
After you were BUSTEDThis guy is one of the most greedy and selfish thieves ever!he did it to even his own father and sister too.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by tiger28: 3:30am On Aug 02, 2017
CRAPHA96:
MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE FROG EYE MAN CALLED *N*B* IS STILL COLLECTING

EX GOVERNOR ALLOWANCE
EX JAGABAN ALLOWANCE
MONTHLY RENT OF 80% OF HOUSES IN IKOYI
MONTHLY DEPOSIT FROM ALAYE
MONTHLY DEPOSIT OF LASEMA
SHARE FROM HER IYABA OJO DAUGHTER
DAILY DEPOSIT FROM AGBEROS
DAILY DEPOSIT FROM ALL THE HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER'S (those he helped in rigging elections)
PER-MINUTE DEPOSIT FROM AMBO-ODE
LASTLY MONTHLY CASH DEPOSIT FROM BADDO AND CO
pls show us proof

5 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Kamelot77(m): 3:55am On Aug 02, 2017
I knw Sme will be typing nonsense, just tell one name of our senators dat is nt collecting money from his previous office.

1 Like

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by kocvalour(m): 4:45am On Aug 02, 2017
Mehnn... Biafra needs to come asap...

so many shit going on in this zoo

1 Like

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Ra88: 4:49am On Aug 02, 2017
tiger28:
pls show us proof

What proof? Is something wrong with your brain?

2 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by orisa37: 4:56am On Aug 02, 2017
Good. Please let other Senators fmr. Governors stop the nonsense as well.

1 Like

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Ofunaofu: 5:11am On Aug 02, 2017
CRAPHA96:
MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE FROG EYE MAN CALLED *N*B* IS STILL COLLECTING

EX GOVERNOR ALLOWANCE
EX JAGABAN ALLOWANCE
MONTHLY RENT OF 80% OF HOUSES IN IKOYI
MONTHLY DEPOSIT FROM ALAYE
MONTHLY DEPOSIT OF LASEMA
SHARE FROM HER IYABA OJO DAUGHTER
DAILY DEPOSIT FROM AGBEROS
DAILY DEPOSIT FROM ALL THE HOUSE OF REPS MEMBER'S (those he helped in rigging elections)
PER-MINUTE DEPOSIT FROM AMBO-ODE
LASTLY MONTHLY CASH DEPOSIT FROM BADDO AND CO
And you forgot to add the daily/monthly/yearly deposits from the overall chief tax collector for Lagos State Alfa beta

1 Like

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by clefstone(m): 6:07am On Aug 02, 2017
can't he simply sponsor a motion to make it a law that a serving govt official should not receive pension from a former govt job. If it's to hurriedly pass d CCT law now e go sabi do that one

15 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by success1smyn(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2017
I weep for my country
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Justuceleague2: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2017
According to Saraki the move was sequel to complaints from some quarters that former governors, who are currently senators or ministers, were receiving pension and salary in their new jobs all from the government.

So the bastard was really collecting as if it's a normal thing

I'm disappointed

8 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by smartty68(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2017
Lol! The government has overthrown its citizens, Saraki isn't only the guilty one here but all of them pasts and present government; They should be treated like outcasts

Blacks ain't ready for positive development

5 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by dunkem21(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2017
Thumbs up to Saraki for stopping his from Kwara state .. Others should borrow a leaf from him.

The Lagos law also gives the governor six cars replaceable every three years( 3 for the governor, 1 pilot, 2 backup cars), furniture of 300% of his salary as governor to be paid every two years, a security detail same as in Kwara state, free medicals for the former governor and deputies and their immediate families.

Other benefits are 10 per cent house maintenance, 30 per cent car maintenance, 10 per cent entertainment, 20 per cent utility, and several domestic staff.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by dunkem21(m): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2017
In 2012, Mr. Amaechi, having taken over as governor, signed an amendment of that law, specifying benefits for former governors and himself when he leaves office.

Like Lagos, the new law gives the former governor a house in Rivers State and anywhere in Nigeria. The former governor is also entitled to pension for life at the rate of the governor’s basic salary, 300 per cent of salary for furniture paid every four years, three cars every four years, free medical, and 10 per cent for house maintenance.

The law gives the former governor a security detail comprising two SSS operatives, four police officers, 30 per cent for car maintenance, 10 per cent entertainment, 20 per cent utility and several domestic staff.
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by heykims(m): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Oniranu, jokers.. .

1 Like

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by NwaAmaikpe: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2017
shocked

I wanted to say what's on my mind, but I was scared that Bukola Saraki will ask the Kwara state civil service to sack me and send me to court

But

I remembered, I am not under the payroll of the Kwara State government.. So I am free to talk.
Bukola Saraki is a stealing bastàrd; a traitor.
A lunatic who disowned his own father and betrayed his blood sister.
A quack medical doctor who killed rather than sustain the life of Societe General Bank.

But before you criticize him for acting so lost and being perpetually useless to his Kwara people and the country at large; remember he is still under a curse from his late father; Olusola Saraki.

From Offa to Pategi, down to Jebba and even in the hinterlands of Esië.
The people are united in their hatred for this mistake of nature.

Thief.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Evablizin(f): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I wanted to say what's on my mind, but I was scared that Bukola Saraki will ask the Kwara state civil service to sack me and send me to court

But

I remembered, I am not under the payroll of the Kwara State government.. So I am free to talk.
A quack medical doctor who killed rather than sustain the life of Societe General Bank.

But before you criticize him for acting so lost and being perpetually useless to his Kwara people and the courry at large; remember he was cursed by his late father Olusola Saraki.

Thief.

Fixed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by GeneralOjukwu: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Saraki.... his father milked the state dry.

Bukola even has greater access to State resources.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by GeneralOjukwu: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2017
hhhgg
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by nairapark: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Finally?

Thank God
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by yeyeboi(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2017
Ok
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Sirheny007(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But

But before you criticize him for acting so lost and being perpetually useless to his Kwara people and the country at large; remember he was cursed by his late father Olusola Saraki.

Thief.

Agu nnaa... undecided
Ibiakwa... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by free2ryhme: 10:03am On Aug 02, 2017
nurex01:

http://punchng.com/ive-stopped-collecting-pension-in-kwara-saraki/

But he is still collecting entitles as ex governor
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by ivolt: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2017
Saraki should publish his bank statements and let us be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by free2ryhme: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2017
grin
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by veekid(m): 10:04am On Aug 02, 2017
Wayre; ojebi
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by free2ryhme: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But

But before you criticize him for acting so lost and being perpetually useless to his Kwara people and the country at large; remember he is still under a curse from his late father; Olusola Saraki.

From Offa to Pategj, down to Jebba and even in the hinterlands of Esië.
The people are united in their hatred for this mistake of nature.

Thief.

Not all mad persons roam the street
Re: I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki by Generalwoodz(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2017
Why wont you stop when you've looted for your generations not yet born from the state since time in imo river?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alex Ikwechegh Joins Ikpeazu To Celebrate 29th Anniversary / Thousands Of APC Members Decamp To PDP In Katsina / Shettima To Represent Tinubu At UN, Russia-Africa Summits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.