Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,265 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? (59062 Views)

Easy Way To Memorize The 20 Elements In Chemistry / You Remember Short Hand From Business Studies? How Has It Helped You? / How Many Of You Remember Writing This On Your Notebooks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by fergusen: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello
Helen
Little
Broken
Bottles
Can
Not
Over
flow
Neon
So
Many
Are
Silly
People
Suffer
Chlorine
Against
Potassium
Calcium
cool
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by chineduisaac(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello helium little Barack boy come now oh for new shoes make all say p s c and potatoe cream
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by chineduisaac(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello helium little Barack boy come now oh for new shoes make all say p s c and potatoe cream
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by wahles(m): 8:51am On Aug 03, 2017
jayeoba92:

please where u schooled?
it almost similar to my own back in d days........HE,HAS,LARGE,BRAIN,BUT,COULDNT, OVER,FLOW,NINE,SUBJECT,MANY,ART,STUDENT,PUT,SOME,COLUMN,AGAINST,POLICE,CHARGE.
Comprehensive Academy Abeokuta and your moniker Jayeoba reminds me of my buddy frm Osun, any relation
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by wahles(m): 8:51am On Aug 03, 2017
jayeoba92:

please where u schooled?
it almost similar to my own back in d days........HE,HAS,LARGE,BRAIN,BUT,COULDNT, OVER,FLOW,NINE,SUBJECT,MANY,ART,STUDENT,PUT,SOME,COLUMN,AGAINST,POLICE,CHARGE.
Comprehensive Academy Abeokuta and your moniker Jayeoba reminds me of my buddy frm Osun, any relation?
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Ojestas(m): 8:52am On Aug 03, 2017
hello
helen
let
black
boy
come
near
our
farm
no
sir
mr
alani
said
people
should
come
and
pack
coco yam
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by luckydion(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2017
HE - Hydrogen
HAS - helium
LITTLE - lithium
BRAIN - Beryllium
BUT - boron
CAN - carbon
NOT - Nitrogen
OFFER - oxygen
FUL - fluorine
NINE - Neon
SUBJECT - Sodium
MAY - magnesium
ALL - Aluminium
SILLY - silicon
people - phosphorus
STOP - sulphur
CALLING - Chlorine
ARGON -Argon
KEEP - potassium
CARM - calcium.

FOR THE PERIODIC TABLE

HARD (H)....................................................................................................;..................................................HEAD (He)

Little(Li)..... Babe(Be)................................................ Bought(B).....Car(Ca).......Not(N) .....Only(O)......For(F).......... Neon(Ne)

Not(Na).............Magi(Mg)...........................................Ali(Al)..........See(Si) .......People(P)...Selling(S)....Clean(CL)....Apple(Ar)

Keep(K).............Car(Ca)...Since(Sc)....Titi(Ti)......................... next time I'm busing
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by ReachHard: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2017
He
Helped
Lizzy and
Betty
But
Could
Not
Offer
Free
Nescafé.

Nathaniel and
Margaret
Always eat
Silly
Plantatin,
So
Close all
Arabian
Kitchen
Capboards. ( not Cupboards again o ) cheesy
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Deepsky(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2017
wahles:
Yh
Hydrogen. H He
Helium. He has
Lithium Li large
Beryllium Be brains
Boron B But
Carbon. C Can.
Nitrogen. . N Not
Oxygen. O Offer
Fluorine. F Full
Neon Ne Nine
Sodium subject
Magnesium. Mg Many.
Aluminium. Al Art
Silicon Si Student
Phosphorus P Proof
Sulfur S Science
Chlorine. Cl Course
Argon Ar A
Potassium pure
Calcium Ca. Career
Wow... Similar to mine
HE
HAS
LARGE
BRAIN
BUT
CAN
NOT
OFFER
FULL
NINE
SUBJECT
MANY
ARTS
STUDENT
PUT
SOME
CAT
AROUND
PRINCIPAL's
CAR
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by encryptjay(m): 9:09am On Aug 03, 2017
Lincoln275:

Hello,
Hello,
Let ,
Big,
Boy
Come
Near
Our
Farm
No
No
Mr
Alabi
Said
People
should
Not
Come
And
Kill
Cow
Yes boss, that's it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by NarnieSnyper(m): 9:12am On Aug 03, 2017
Fvck it! Mo'fvcker never loved us. That's why i dropped my dream of becoming a petro-chemical engineer(actually that was what pops wanted me to become).
First, my chemistry teacher never liked me, it was like she had this personal hate on me- she used every opportunity she had to fvck me up. i went to a military school,so almost all the soldiers cane were well acquainted with my back and black behind. I gotta admit, I was stubborn alright but I wasn't the only stubborn kid in class then na. I grew up hating chemistry and no matter how hard i tried, Chemistry and I were never gonna be friends. During my Jamb days, i was always lucky to have a science student as a seat partner, and i was always fortunate to be with someone who's either a bookworm or has expo connection.

When i sat for FUTO's Direct entry exam, the case was different 'cause we were given different paper types. I simply answerd english,maths and physics.......then shaded rubbish when I got to chemistry because I didnt know sh!t. Fortunately, my english, maths and physics covered up for my Chemistry BLUNDER.

I remember I even finished the whole 'Comprehensive Chemistry' textbook but i still ended up with nothing. That was when I knew I had no business with chemistry.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Chyokoye1: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2017
HELLO
HELEN
LISTEN
BECAUSE
BISI
CAN
NOT
OBEY
FRANK
NEITHER
NANA
MAGRATE
ALWAYS
SING
PRAISE
SONGS
CLIMATE
ARRIVE
KADUNA
CAPITAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Anfieldboss: 9:18am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello- H
Hello- He
Lizzy- Li
Bitter- Be
Boys- B
Come- C
Near- N
Our- O
Farm- F
Nelson- Ne
National- Na
Manager- Mg
Always- Al
Sit- Si
Properly- P
Solving- S
Clerical- Cl
Arguments- Ar
Kate- K
Called- Ca
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Drsheddy(m): 9:21am On Aug 03, 2017
He has large brain but can not offered full nine subjects many art student proof science causes another problem carriers
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by passey: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2017
Hydrogen Helium Let better Boys Come Near Ogun for News Near Maiduguri All Silly People Should Clear Away Potassium & Calcium

Hydrogen. H Hydrogen
Helium. He Helium
Lithium Li Let
Beryllium Better
Boron B Boys
Carbon. C Come.
Nitrogen. . N Near
Oxygen. O Ogun
Fluorine. F For
Neon Ne News
Sodium Na Near
Magnesium. Mg Maiduguri
Aluminium. Al All
Silicon Si Silly
Phosphorus P People
Sulfur S Should
Chlorine. Cl Clear
Argon Ar Away
Potassium potassium &
Calcium Ca. Calcium
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Nightingale99(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2017
I learnt mine at gun point. grin
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by valkaka(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2017
He
Has
Light
Brain
But
Can
Not
Offer
Fully
Nine
Subject
May
All
Student
Pray.
Silently
Come.
Again
Please
Come
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Donsteffi: 9:34am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello
Hello
Listeners
B
B
C
News
On
Friday
Now
Some
Mad
Aliens
Saw
People
Stealing
Coconut
At
PortHarcourt
Canteen grin grin
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by ojobekehinde: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2017
HELLOW,HELLIN,LET,BETTER,BOY,COME,NEAR,OLU,FOR,NEW,NIGERIA,MAGAZINE,ALL SILLY, PEAPLE,SAY,CHLORINE ,ARE, KEMI, CASE.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by luckydion(m): 9:38am On Aug 03, 2017
luckydion:
HE - Hydrogen
HAS - helium
LITTLE - lithium
BRAIN - Beryllium
BUT - boron
CAN - carbon
NOT - Nitrogen
OFFER - oxygen
FUL - fluorine
NINE - Neon
SUBJECT - Sodium
MAY - magnesium
ALL - Aluminium
SILLY - silicon
people - phosphorus
STOP - sulphur
CALLING - Chlorine
ARGON -Argon
KEEP - potassium
CARM - calcium.

FOR THE PERIODIC TABLE

HARD (H)....................................................................................................;..................................................HEAD (He)

Little(Li)..... Babe(Be)................................................ Bought(B).....Car(Ca).......Not(N) .....Only(O)......For(F).......... Neon(Ne)

Not(Na).............Magi(Mg)...........................................Ali(Al)..........See(Si) .......People(P)...Selling(S)....Clean(CL)....Apple(Ar)

Keep(K).............Car(Ca)...Since(Sc)....Titi(Ti)......................... next time I'm busing

I seldom wonder if Students still study as studious as it was then....
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Afoskalex(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2017
He - Hydrogen
Has - Helium
Little - Lithium
Brain- Beryllium
But - Boron
Can - Carbon
Not - Nitrogen
Offer - Oxygen
Few - Flourine
Nine - Neon
Subjects - Sodium
Make - Magnesium
All - Aluminium
Science - Silicon
People - Phosphorus
Suffer - Sulphur
Cancer - Chlorine
After - Argon
Kissing - Potassium
Cow - Calcium
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by holocron: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2017
pharmguru:
my chemistry teacher in primary 5 (GOD bless his soul) made us commit the whole damn 20 elements to memory word for word....and to recite them PERFECTLY off hand. no shortcuts!

a feat we achieved thanks to his fat canes which landed mercilessly on our backs at the slightest error.

back then we taught he was wicked for doing that but now i know better cos they really helped me in sec school
You were taught chemistry in primary school?
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by oshe11: 9:45am On Aug 03, 2017
hysteriabox:
Morning y'all.
I wonder if schools today still use acronyms and formulate songs to aid learning. I remember being taught the first 20 element but it just dint stick. So our Intro tech teacher ( Mr Benshak-God rest his soul) was passing by and when he noticed, he came in and tot us a song he learnt when he was in school. I ll recite and hope it helps someone. Here goes...

Hydrogen. H He
Helium. He HEy
Lithium Li LIttle
Beryllium Be BEtty
Boron B Bought
Carbon. C Car.
Nitrogen. . N Not
Oxygen. O Old
Fluorine. F Fashioned.
Neon Ne NEw
Sodium Na NAughty
Magnesium. Mg MaGdalene.
Aluminium. Al ALL
Silicon Si SIng
Phosphorus P Pop
Sulfur S Song.
Chlorine. Cl CLear
Argon Ar ARound
Potassium K. Kabwir
Calcium Ca. CAve.

Please share how you got these 20 elements to stick to your memory.
Yh
Hydrogen. H He
Helium. He has
Lithium Li large
Beryllium Be brains
Boron B But
Carbon. C Can.
Nitrogen. . N Not
Oxygen. O Offer
Fluorine. F Full
Neon Ne Nine
Sodium subject
Magnesium. Mg May
Aluminium. Al All
Silicon Si Silly
Phosphorus P People
Sulfur S Stop
Chlorine. Cl Calling
Argon Ar A
Potassium Pope
Calcium Ca. Christ

1 Like

Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by tombeh(m): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Very lovely reminder my brother.... grin
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by JerryJude(m): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2017
what about the NINE planet..how did u learn it
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by MercyMercy(f): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2017
I did not learn with a song and it stuck even till now.
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by ABUBAKARS(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello H
Helen He
Look Li
Better Be
Before B
Coming C
Never N
Offend O
Florence F
Never Ne
Near Na
Magret Mg
Allow Al
Sister Si
Pass P
So S
Close Cl
Arrange Ar
Kissing K
Carolina Ca
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Fyzt: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Hello
Hello
Let
Brilliant
Boys
come
near
our
class
never
sent
man
away
since
people
shall
come
and
praise
captain
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by mellah(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2017
he has large brain but could not offer full nine subjects may all stupid people stop calling a pope Christ
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Dbrainiac1(m): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2017
I was in primary 5 then.
My friend brought his sister's chem note to school.
I memorised it straight up and still haven't forgotten. That was 2007.
Hydrogen
Helium
Lithium
Beryllium
Boron
Carbon
Nitrogen
Oxygen
Fluorine
Neon
Sodium
Magnesium
Aluminium
Silicon
Phosphorus
Sulfur
Chlorine
Argom
Potassium
Calcium
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 03, 2017
Mendelev must be shocked to see all these codes!
Re: Can You Remember How You Learnt The First 20 Elements? by holocron: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2017
ALL THESE ARE JUST ROTE LEARNING NONSENSE INHERITED FROM THE COLONIAL EDUCATION SYSTEM.

Alll you need from chemisty is how to make useful products from the resources of the earth.

Long before people new the periodic table they were smelting iron from ore and producing knifes, swords, and axes; making beer from fermented grain; distilling alcohol; producing soap and paints and dyes for coloring cloth. When gun powder (the infamous black powder) was invented the chinese didn't know what was the periodic table.

Yet today we have chemical engineers and phd chemists who cannot make this simple substances without using sophisticated imported apparatus. But our grandmothers in village can still 'cook' soap. Our 'educated' chemists must import chemicals to produce paints but dyes were commonplace here long before the whites stepped foot on Africa. Local Blacksmiths were smelting ore into iron with crude earth furnaces, yet you tell me without imported factory you cannot produce iron.

Stop rote science. Science is a practical endeavor. You dont learn science as you will literature or history. Even history has to be enacted sometimes for it to sink in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Night Classes / UNIBEN Orders Peace Ufuoma To Rewrite All Exams From 200 Level / AAUA 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.