Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Should We Go Dutch In Nigeria? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Should We Go Dutch In Nigeria? (361 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should We Go Dutch In Nigeria? by AyoAl(f): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2017
So my brother visited recently and he narrated a very funny story to us. He told us of a Co worker of his who had gotten into problem with their boss at work. His offence was very simple. You be patient, I'll share it.

So boss(sharp man of the town) in a very good mood asked the young man(co-worker) to accompany him to a joint to do some "faaji" When they were there, boss ordered for his first bottle of harp and pepper soup, my guy ordered for a bottle of big stout and a plate of Asun. The boss still chilling with his first bottle, my guy ordered for the second bottle of stout. About twenty minutes later, the boss called for his second bottle and my guy called for his third. When the bartender was about leaving, correct guy called him back and asked for a bowl of pepper soup too.

Boss did not say a word. After they ate, boss paid and they left. Then boss walks towards the car, opens it and enters, starts the car and prepares to drive off. My guy starts hitting the door in panic. Apparently they lived not too far from each other, so he didn't even leave home with his wallet. He thought the boss would drop him very close to his house but he had guessed wrong! Maybe the boss would have, but I think he felt my guy had to exercise, as he had eaten a lot. So he left him to his fate.

Biko, was the boss wrong?

My brother's recount made me remember Aunt Fisayo, who had come complaining to my mum some years back about how she had taken her younger couson to a salon and then the girl's expenses had been more than hers. How that happened, I don't know.

You know the one I find the most annoying? A boyfriend tells his babe "let's hang out. I just want to be with you tonight," and then babe lands at the meeting point with her entourage of three other babes, hair fixed, long nails and tight fitting outfits, who have come to hang out with them, without informing her boyfriend.

My question is "how do you know he is capable(that night) of footing the bills of five people? How do you even know he wants company, even if he can foot the bills?

Oh, some people defend themselves by saying, "After all, I was on my own jeje when he said he wanted to take me out. I didn't force him, so why won't I eat?"

Really Lady? Seriously young man?

I think some times being sensible helps a lot. It isn't the food, or money that person spends on you that day that would aid your entrance into the gates of heaven, so please, be wise.

Do not be rude. If you want to bring friends along on an outing with your partner, call him and suggest it, hear him out first before you take any action.

If an older person who isn't so close to you takes you somewhere, be watchful. Don't just order or make insane choices. Wait a while, see what the person does and then try to make sensible choices.

The person asked you out, but it is still their money, you know?

Again, I ask: would going Dutch be so bad?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Love Stricken Girl / WRITERS CIRCLE; Writing's And Poems In Pictures / Writers Connect Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.