Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties (1253 Views)

Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? / President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by trinidad(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
The latest news is that Yaradua's AGF has been moved to the ministry of Special Duties while Kayode Adetokunbo formerly of Labour ministry now the new AGF. Power sweet Ooooooo, so Jonathan can fire and hire now.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by Fogman(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2010
Soft landing, which he does not deserve. He heated our politics for the past few weeks.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by GeeCee(m): 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
Gud riddance 2 bad rubbish. The stupid man ought 2 have been dropped outrightly.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2010
Where he is cld be closer to the door than we all think
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by preselect(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2010
so what does ''special duties'' do?

i know that sometimes one could be put in a ministry where the message is . . 'o'l boy resign now, wetin'' . . . lol. . . some demotions are indirect sacking.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
Folks this is a clear manifestation of one fact

Jonathan may be smarter than we wish to give him credit for.

Aondoakaa will eventually be sacked. This is just to clear the way for other things to progress.

PhD no be moi moi. Jonathan no get PhD for nothing. No matter what you study it takes a lot of patience and careful calculations and sacrifices in life to get a PhD. Aondoakaa is in for a shocker. If him sabi anything him go resign immediately!!!!

Aondoakaa will soon be the most bored man in Nigeria.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by blacksta(m): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2010
mikeansy:

Folks this is a clear manifestation of one fact

Jonathan may be smarter than we wish to give him credit for.

Aondoakaa will eventually be sacked. This is just to clear the way for other things to progress.

PhD no be moi moi. Jonathan no get PhD for nothing. No matter what you study it takes a lot of patience and careful calculations and sacrifices in life to get a PhD. Aondoakaa is in for a shocker. If him sabi anything him go resign immediately!!!!

Aondoakaa will soon be the most bored man in Nigeria.

Dont be deceived  - Jonathan still maintains a track record of low service delivery when he was asst gov/gov and vice pres.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2010
blacksta:

Dont be deceived - Jonathan still maintains a track record of low service delivery when he was asst gov/gov and vice pres.

I don't think I need to get that advice from you because not even over an hour ago you were celebrating how Aodoakaa was still very much incharge. So we all know where your loyalty lies.
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by blacksta(m): 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2010
mikeansy:

I don't think I need to get that advice from you because not even over an hour ago you were celebrating how Aodoakaa was still very much incharge. So we all know where your loyalty lies.

I have dont have loyality to anyone - I was just not comfortable with sharara reporter being the source of the news
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2010
blacksta:

I have dont have loyality to anyone - I was just not comfortable with sharara reporter being the source of the news

Sounds to me someone'e heart disagrees with their head undecided undecided undecided
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by irohadis: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
The Ministry of Special Duties as the name implies is a special organ of government where the person in charge gets to know what the government is doing. The minister is the custodian of the government. Any government policy fashioned out is taken care of by the minister in charge. It is like the military police under a military set up. Because of its peculiar nature of operation, the Ministry of Special Duties is the only ministry that can inspect and supervise all contracts given out and approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

If the FEC approves a contract of N10 million for the execution of a certain work in any of the ministries, the statutory function of the ministry is to inspect and ensure that the job is properly executed and report to the Presidency on what had transpired. That does not imply that the Ministry of Special Duties is the one that gives out the contracts. It only serves as a monitoring body that has the mandate and power to inspect. The ministry is under the control of the President. If the President at any point in time deems it fit to give a certain job to an individual or organisation he assigns the ministry to do so. In some cases, [size=8pt][size=8pt]the minister is like an errand boy so to say.[/size][/size]
Re: Micheal Andoanka (former Agf) Now Minister For Special Duties by Luvlgenius(m): 12:25am On Feb 11, 2010
irohadis:

The Ministry of Special Duties as the name implies is a special organ of government where the person in charge gets to know what the government is doing. The minister is the custodian of the government. Any government policy fashioned out is taken care of by the minister in charge. It is like the military police under a military set up. Because of its peculiar nature of operation, the Ministry of Special Duties is the only ministry that can inspect and supervise all contracts given out and approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

If the FEC approves a contract of N10 million for the execution of a certain work in any of the ministries, the statutory function of the ministry is to inspect and ensure that the job is properly executed and report to the Presidency on what had transpired. That does not imply that the Ministry of Special Duties is the one that gives out the contracts. It only serves as a monitoring body that has the mandate and power to inspect. The ministry is under the control of the President. If the President at any point in time deems it fit to give a certain job to an individual or organisation he assigns the ministry to do so. In some cases, [size=8pt][size=8pt]the minister is like an errand boy so to say.[/size][/size]

Aondakaa has been practicing for dat position, so being an errand boy won't be a problem.

(1) (Reply)

Re:mobil Agrees To Pay Comandclem $236.9 Billion(document Attached) / 2nd Man Sets Himself On Fire In Egypt! / Ohaneze Ndigbo And Southeast Governors: Making Bad Choices For The Southeast Zon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.