Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? (4396 Views)

I'm Addicted To Nairaland. / How Trending On Twitter Brought About Positive Changes To Nairaland / Wire Wire: A West African Cyber Threat - DELL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
what is going on here? spam bot or what?
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by CryptoCoinr(f): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
dhtml18:
what is going on here? spam bot or what?

The one and only! It got me twice yesterday.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Olyboy16(m): 1:00am On Aug 08, 2017
You guys should take it easy on seun here.
The guy might have some big surprises on the way for nairaland you know?
Design changes, feature upgrades, Private messaging, mobile app improved moderations and more cool stuffs.

...*whispers to seun*...***don't panic, they all know you don't have those surprises**
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 08, 2017
Trollin' hangs behind my back, I shall not be responsible for the banishment of anybody o.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Olyboy16(m): 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
.cleared
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
Last post on Nairaland with this account... 4eva loyal to dhtml18.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Jacktheripper: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2017
Nairaland.com
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 06, 2017
Uhmmm
Nairaland.com
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Even my own thread was deleted for no reason
https://www.nairaland.com/2954617/pitching-tent-Nairaland-why-other

This is bad. You shouldn't delete threads that don't go against the rules. Instead you re-categorize if it's not in the right place.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by asalimpo(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
Nairaland has no real competitor in the nigerian space. If it had healthy keen competition it would adjust and improve. But then, nigerians are slow to embrace nigerian internet initiatives.
If a better forum than nairaland hit the scenes , its reception could be goddam aweful.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 07, 2017
It's not about a better forum "hitting the scenes" it's about Nigerians sticking to change.
There's Gdevit, Friendosphere, Nairaland, NCT etc all better forums than Nairaland but still they just stick to NL...

asalimpo:
Nairaland has no real competitor in the nigerian space. If it had healthy keen competition it would adjust and improve. But then, nigerians are slow to embrace nigerian internet initiatives.
If a better forum than nairaland hit the scenes , its reception could be goddam aweful.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by asalimpo(m): 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
DanielTheGeek:
It's not about a better forum "hitting the scenes" it's about Nigerians sticking to change.
There's Gdevit, Friendosphere, Nairaland, NCT etc all better forums than Nairaland but still they just stick to NL...

The word better is relative. Better in what sense?
I tried registering on some of the above but the registeration process was broken. I kept trying but couldnt. left them.
Nairaland is like the facebook or coca cola, It has a strong mind share so it's gonna be hard to gain traction with it around, the rest are not so publicized or properly marketed that may be the reason many ppl arent even attempting to use them.
However, with time, more members may flock to where their itches are better scratched. if they're that good and well marketed people will gravitate. But in marketing, it's not always the best product that wins.
Betamax, was technologically superior to VHS ,video machines yet - Sony VHS whooped them in the market!!
Why?! - This case is classically studied in business strategy courses. Anoda case in point , Lisp, but it failed.

What i think though,is that a forum that will be better than nairaland, can't be a one man thing. It has to be a company, with enough hands to create a product that will provide a better user experience. Whatever the definition of better is. Issue is? Who is ready to commit resources to make that happen?
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 08, 2017
Nairaland was a one man thing for a long time. We all have to start from somewhere... Marketing is the main reason why NL is still up top. If any of us can market our products (when complete) aggressively... Then we can thrive.

Thanks for your input man.

asalimpo:

The word better is relative. Better in what sense?
I tried registering on some of the above but the registeration process was broken. I kept trying but couldnt. left them.
Nairaland is like the facebook or coca cola, It has a strong mind share so it's gonna be hard to gain traction with it around, the rest are not so publicized or properly marketed that may be the reason many ppl arent even attempting to use them.
However, with time, more members may flock to where their itches are better scratched. if they're that good and well marketed people will gravitate. But in marketing, it's not always the best product that wins.
Betamax, was technologically superior to VHS ,video machines yet - Sony VHS whooped them in the market!!
Why?! - This case is classically studied in business strategy courses. Anoda case in point , Lisp, but it failed.

What i think though,is that a forum that will be better than nairaland, can't be a one man thing. It has to be a company, with enough hands to create a product that will provide a better user experience. Whatever the definition of better is. Issue is? Who is ready to commit resources to make that happen?
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by ACFreeHost: 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Are you a website developer or a web designer and you need a reliable hosting server provider to host your website for FREE and Adverts FREE? That's why ACFreeHost is here to make that possible for you Publishers, just all you need is to visit www.acfreehost.com and register then you are good to go. No Adverts on your sites, No disk limite, No bandwidth limite e.t.c. Don't worry all are FREE and if you have any question their pleased to assist you. So visit www.acfreehost.com and register Now.!!

VISIT : [url]WWW.ACFREEHOST.COM[/url]
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by dodgelord: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
nijabazaar:
he did the same thing to me when I mentioned that NL is a dinosaur waiting for an extinction event.

The ban followed when I also said that the site by Kanayonickel (infobreak.rf.fd) looks way more promising and has a code editing function.

Seun is indeed despotic and may not go further if he continues like this. No wonder NL is like it was way back 2006.....no improvement whatsoever. if u can't code Mr Seun , employ hot blood coders out there, don't go the way of Myspace. invention without innovation dies a natural deatg

I dare u Seun remove the this post.
oga close ur mouth. Empty can
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by nijabazaar: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
dodgelord:
oga close ur mouth. Empty can

I am an empty can. You a butcher's bacterium.
Re: Is Nairaland A Threat To Nairaland? by dodgelord: 2:20am On Aug 25, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
nijabazaar:

I am an empty can. You a butcher's bacterium.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oracle 10g On Solaris Os / How To Convert A 20-digit Numeric Value From Base10 To Base36 In C# / About Andela Home Study Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.