Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn (4133 Views)

Nse Round Up: Market Gains N534 Billion As Trade Volume Improves / Nigeria, Mexico Trade Volume Hits $600m / NBCC To Boost Nigeria-uk Trade Volume Above N7.7 Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Truth234(m): 4:10am On Aug 03, 2017
The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, said on Wednesday that the volume of trade between Nigeria and Singapore reached N846bn from 2011 to 2015 while the absolute balance of trade was N222 billion in favour of Nigeria.

She announced this in Abuja at the signing of an agreement on avoidance of double taxation with Singapore.

The balance of trade net of petroleum export stood at N42bn in favour of Singapore, while the volume of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from Singapore to Nigeria between 2010 and March 2015 was $908.8m.

She said Nigeria’s relations with Singapore had been on the increase since 2012, culminating in the first Nigeria-Singapore Business and Investment Forum in 2013.

She said negotiations for the agreement on avoidance of double taxation was held in Singapore in October 2013 but was concluded in October 2014.

She said Singapore was identified as a suitable tax treaty partner for Nigeria because it was currently one of the fastest growing economies in the world with a highly developed and successful free-market economy.

“It operates in a remarkably open and transparent environment, with stable prices and a per capita Gross Domestic Product higher than that of most developed countries.’’

She added that the treaty with Singapore was very important because of its consistency with Nigeria’s ongoing efforts to expand its treaty network.

Adeosun said the agreement had clearly spelt out taxing rights of each other in respect of different income derived from each country.

She said it would facilitate inter-state trade, economic and business activities by ensuring that nationals or enterprises of the two states were not taxed twice on the income of profits derived from the other country.

“It will assist prospective investors to know their income tax obligation in the other country as well as available tax incentives.

“It also spells out clearly, tax jurisdiction of each country in respect of all possible areas of business activities which give rise to taxation.’’

Dr Koh Koon, Senior Minister of State for Trade and Investment, Singapore, said the treaty was important to both countries to increase the trade volume between them.

“We hope that both governments would happily ratify both agreements so that it sends a strong signal to business communities on both sides that both our governments are committed to ease of doing business.

“This will enable companies to begin to look at investments on both sides seriously.’’

http://investorsking.com/nigeria-singapore-trade-volume-hits-n846bn-adeosun/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Sultty(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Who statistics epp when dollar exchange rate and cost of living is too high sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Tolbanks(f): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
The pelsin habove me, what network do you use?

Thought i would be the first to comment sha cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Supremex: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Space booking.
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by bedspread: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
WHO E EPP?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by SirHouloo(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2017
All the news coming from this government in recent time has been commendable but we have been so deceived by the same government that we find it difficult to even believe that these aren't still propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by IgboticGirl(f): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2017
angry
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by seunny4lif(m): 6:58am On Aug 03, 2017
2010 - 2015
GEJ regime
Yet some mumu talk say GEJ no good.

We need 2015 may - still now from one chance party

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by hAlexandro(m): 6:59am On Aug 03, 2017
lipsrsealed undecided una no dey sleep?
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by gennykdb(m): 7:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Issorai
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by adedayourt(m): 7:01am On Aug 03, 2017
So how does this benefit the common man on the street. undecided
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Hnmm.. If only it will increase the standard of living, if only the common man on the street will benefit, if only the gap between the rich and the poor will reduce.. If only.... If only.... sad

No need building castles in the air.. Nigeria is in the era of self urvival.. Survival of the fittest.. Be the boss and be above this financial downturn facing the country.

Visit www.entmirror.com
For Business ideas.
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by XaviDayo(m): 7:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Who get Garment making business plan wey e fit dash me.....necidayo@Gmail.Com

Thank u o
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Sultty(m): 7:03am On Aug 03, 2017
Tolbanks:
The pelsin habove me, what network do you use?

Thought i would be the first to comment sha cry
u feeling my network well it's definitely not glo
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Inyanga(m): 7:05am On Aug 03, 2017
A welcome development... But even more performance is needed from this economy...
Lets reproduce such a treaty and trade relations with other viable economies; we (the citizens) can't afford not to be better off....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by seunny4lif(m): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2017
SirHouloo:
All the news coming from this government in recent time has been commendable but we have been so deceived by the same government that we find it difficult to even believe that these aren't still propaganda.
The praise of the development goes to GEJ
Yoruba people killed this country economy by voting for APC
APC destroyed Nigeria economy and yet it's getting worst.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by kn23h(m): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2017
Z
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by kn23h(m): 7:14am On Aug 03, 2017
The Yoruba tribe is doing well grin
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by tonio2wo: 7:16am On Aug 03, 2017
SirHouloo:

Its all propaganda!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by seunny4lif(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2017
kn23h:
The Yoruba tribe is doing well grin
How?
The last time I checked, it was 2010 - 2015
GEJ was the president then

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by omoadeleye(m): 7:36am On Aug 03, 2017
when we're busy shipping through AliExpress standard "Singpost" what do y'all expect?
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Fazemood(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2017
THIS WOMAN WITH BIG BIG GRAMMAR, WHO DON'T KNOW HER WORK. 2010-2015 Was NGOZI IWEALA UNDER GEJ TENURE Who Knew What Economics Is AND Did Her Work... CALL HER N LEARN FROM HER.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Agimor(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2017
What does a consuming country gat to trade with Singapore? I guess it is only a one way trade.
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by kasheemawo(m): 8:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Hope powder business from SE developers not included in the estimate. cheesy
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by NCANTaskForce: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2017
What are they using all this money for, Wicked souls.
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by bashydemy(m): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Sultty:
Who statistics epp when dollar exchange rate and cost of living is too high sad

Do you need $$ to buy garri and pepper?
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Sultty(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2017
bashydemy:

Do you need $$ to buy garri and pepper?
who is taking about food

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by olarwarleh(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2017
This singapore of a sturv are really trying,the dvd i'm currently using is from singapore and i've been using it for the past 4years
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by bashydemy(m): 11:05am On Aug 03, 2017
Sultty:
who is taking about food

LOL the last time i check our official currency is Naira..
Re: Nigeria, Singapore Trade Volume Hits N846bn by Sultty(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2017
bashydemy:

LOL the last time i check our official currency is Naira..
the last time I checked u r still a lazy and consuming nation grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values / 10 Ugly Pieces Of Art You Won’t Believe Sold For Millions / I Want To Start Yam And Akara Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.