Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts (34258 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Former Barclays Boss Raises Stake In Union Bank / CBN Asks Nigerians To Report Any Bank That Fails To Give Them FOREX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by otabuko(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2017
THAT IS A WHOLE LOAD OF MONEY IN NAIJA

1 Like

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Sagay212: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2017
In other words, what barclays bank is telling Nigerians is ' IF YOU NO GET MONEY, HIDE YOUR FACE' ain ain ain ain..

1 Like

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by MissRaine69(f): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2017
rottenPussy:
They will probably loose a lot of legit Nigeria business man, cos thiefs mostly use Swiss banks undecided
Not anymore since the intruduction of new Swiss anti money laundering laws. Banking in Swiss banks is no longer as easy as it used to be. Money looted is now "cleaned" via investing in property using off shore accounts many based in the ME
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by RZArecta(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2017
This won't affect our chairmen like Tinubu and co, so dead on arrival cool

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by PassingShot(m): 7:32am On Aug 03, 2017
three:

Imagine.

The country's profile just makes it harder to do business globally.

After some will come with that lie that Nigeria has moved out of top 10 most corrupt countries
Not everything is politics. Those who think and act that way always end up embarrassing themselves.

If you read to understand rather than to react, you'd see in the first line that the directive is to all expatriates with less than £100,000 and not only Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2017
shocked
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by iamtardey: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2017
hayam nor Honda standing undecided
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by erico2k2(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2017
Two page later all of you are believing this craaap . HOW DID YOU LOT GROW THIS LOW .why would I save 100k in a bank when I could put that 2wards a house and sell it back in 3 years get good ROI . FORGET THIS NEWS FAKE OS WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by rottenPussy: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2017
MissRaine69:

Not anymore since the intruduction of new Swiss anti money laundering laws. Banking in Swiss banks is no longer as easy as it used to be. Money looted is now "cleaned" via investing in property using off shore accounts many based in the ME
oh I see! Btw, what's ME?
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by erico2k2(m): 7:39am On Aug 03, 2017
PassingShot:

Not everything is politics. Those who think and act that way always end up embarrassing themselves.

If you read to understand rather than to react, you'd see in the first line that the directive is to all expatriates with less than £100,000 and not only Nigerians.
FAKE NEWS expatriate in UK means anyone who is not British amd working here . I don't know who put this craaap out there
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Elcuba: 7:39am On Aug 03, 2017

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by GOFRONT(m): 7:42am On Aug 03, 2017
I neva get N100,000 una dey talk abt £100,000

WETIN KWANSIGN BIRD AND A TOOTHBRUSH....

abeg som1 help wit d meme of dat Nigerian guy smilin while walkin away.......na black Tshirt him wear

1 Like

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by jonnytad(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2017
Now our politicians will be forced to steal more....

1 Like

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by IdeyFindWife: 7:50am On Aug 03, 2017
rottenPussy:
They will probably loose a lot of legit Nigeria business man, cos thiefs mostly use Swiss banks undecided

Hmmn, quite right! And that Panama scandal also did quite a bit of a job on them lads too. Dunno what they've got to be hickey about afterall electronic banking's supposed to be far cheaper than old school
Paper Ledger Balancing .

Anyways, na dem know. HSBC has always been quite ok for me; I never did see much reason keeping my chickenfeed pennies where the Queen's Jewels are resting on velvet anyways.

MissRaine69:

Spot on too!
Obviously laundering dirty dough's been the new money spinning forte of some mavericks, some of whom we may never ever know and some who do have fronts that project them as brands that we admire.

Dudes say they into Portfolio Mgt but their services are for select clientele and their charges are way up!
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by LordBaelish: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2017
EntMirror:
The bank is broke and only A broke organaniston will take such a move.. Instead of saving, I'd rather borrow from the bank.. That's using debt to be rich instead of being broke.. The poor don't understand this but this is real.. The poor will rather save than borrow.. But the rich will either save less but borrow more.. Good debt...

www.entmirror.com
Entrepreneurs

All these textbook billionaires.. You just read from the manual and think the rich don't save? SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by erico2k2(m): 7:54am On Aug 03, 2017
LordBaelish:

All these textbook billionaires.. You just read from the manual and think the rich don't save? SMH.
Ahah Lord Baelish
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Una go just dey Twist headlines. Nonsense
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by zoedew: 7:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Patented:
hmmm. this will be hard on some people oooo. Chances are that a Nigerian with less than 100k in his account probably did not steal it. those that steal and take abroad tend tosteal faaaaaaaaaaarrrr!!!! more than this.

See it this way. Nigerians who'll still remain customers of Barclays Bank will stick out like a sore thumb! #itsdaylightandnohidingplace
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Ubanid(m): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2017
undecided cool shocked
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Kooldon(f): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2017
Imagine Heaven's Requirement Of A Mininium Bal Of 100k in ur acc b4 u cld see next new mnth. I Wondering How Many Nairalander Wil Scale Thro.
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by MissRaine69(f): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2017
rottenPussy:
oh I see! Btw, what's ME?
Middle East
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by wowo2: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2017
Doesn't ring true - some banks have special accounts that require a minimum of 100,000 pounds to operate. Usually those accounts will require someone with high salary payments incoming monthly. This may just be a ploy to get Nigerians with loot money to start opening accounts with them - after all, not many U.K. Citizens can afford it.

In the U.K., the average salary a year is less than 28,000 pounds. Meaning that the ordinary U.K. Citizen finds it hard to save anything after living expenses, they even resort to borrowing.
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Burgerlomo: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2017
mactoni91:
if you can afford to leave the shores of 9ja without any problem, then you shouldn't be having problems raising ya savings to £100,000.
By the way, any News about NPA's Last test?

I hear you.
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by erico2k2(m): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2017
zoedew:

See it this way. Nigerians who'll still remain customers of Barclays Bank will stick out like a sore thumb! #itsdaylightandnohidingplace
its fake news

1 Like

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Burgerlomo: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2017
muller101:
They are pushing our greedy politicians to steal more.

Yep

1 Like

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by PassingShot(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2017
erico2k2:

FAKE NEWS expatriate in UK means anyone who is not British amd working here . I don't know who put this craaap out there
It's the blogger's usual strategy to make sensational news out of what is otherwise a simple one.

NL must attract customers by fire by force nah grin
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Patented: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2017
dt one sef dey!!!! grin
zoedew:

Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:24am On Aug 03, 2017
This seems like a well packaged lie. One of those stories our lying media is known for.
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by mmsen: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2017
It's a useless bank anyway.
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by Nbote(m): 8:27am On Aug 03, 2017
Nigerians and their love for d dramatic and blames... Is it by force to bank with dem? D report clearly states "expatriates" and their are hundreds of countries out there dat fall into dat category.. Why we like to carry matter wey no concern us for head?? Those who can't afford d bank can use other banks out there... I'm ok with my access bank and first bank here with their #500 and #1000 deposit
Re: Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts by bouncino(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2017
Nbote:
Nigerians and their love for d dramatic and blames... Is it by force to bank with dem? D report clearly states "expatriates" and their are hundreds of countries out there dat fall into dat category.. Why we like to carry matter wey no concern us for head?? Those who can't afford d bank can use other banks out there... I'm ok with my access bank and first bank here with their #500 and #1000 deposit
They are referring to offshore accounts only. The Barclays Bank branch in Ikoyi is an international banking branch. They do not do daily banking services.
The minimum had progressively moved from 5k to 25k and now 100k.
Does not apply to accounts opened in UK High Streets.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 66th Birthday, Dances With Otedola & Elumelu / What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number / What Happens To The Money In My Savings Account If I Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.