Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips (860 Views)

8 Self Care Tips For A Young Nigerian / Chinwe Chibuike Foundation, Nkechi Ikpeazu Flag Off Free Eye Care Service / know These Baby Care Tips For First Time Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Q:How often should I have an eye exam?

A:At least once in a year if you have no eye complaint, but if you have an eye problem with your eyes, the frequency of examination will be determined by your eye doctor.

www.HealthX24.com
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
Q:Please, what are the dangers of using unrecommended pair of glasses?

A:If the pair pf glasses has no power ie if it is just plane glass or plane plastic,there is no adverse effect on the eye.The problem lies in using unrecommended glasses that has power
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2017
Q:If I understand this, using plain glasses is like looking thru a glass window?

A:Exactly
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2017
Q:How can blindness be prevented?

A:Blindness can be prevented through : -early recognition and prompt treatment of eye problems by trained eye personnels -adequate control of systemic problems that can affect the eye eg hypertension, diabetes, etc -Avoidance of harmful traditional eye medications and self-madication.
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
Q:What traditional practices can lead to blindness

A:Instillation of things like leaf extracts,urine,sugar solution,salt solution,battery water,etc
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
Q:What are the common causes of low vision and blindness?

A:Common causes of low vision and blindness include cataract, glaucoma, refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, trachoma, diabetic retinopathy etc.
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
:What are the common causes among young people?

A:Vitamin A deficiency,trachoma and untreated refractive errors

Q:Do we all need sunshades?

A:Sunshades are useful when one needs to stay under the sun for prolonged hours in order to shield the eye from ultraviolet rays.Indoor workers may not need sunshade as much as do outdoor workers.
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
Q:Is it necessary for motorcycle users to use sunshades?

A:Very important,because of prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays and dust

Q:What is dry eye?

A:It is a problem of poor lubrication of the exposed surface of the eye ball leading to feeling of gritty or peppery sensation or even blurring of vision .Causes include defective tear production or excessive evaporation of tear which may be secondary to impaired eyelid function, etc
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
Q:Is it common in Nigeria?

A:Dry eye is common in Nigeria being a tropical country, dry eye is found in most people with pterygium, in elderly people due to reduced tear production,etc

Q:What should I know about eye medications

A:They should be used only when prescribed by certified eye doctors -efficacy of eye drops begin to diminish one month after opening the bottle -side effect of prolonged use of some eye drops ( eg steroids) may lead to blindness, therefore stick to the doctor’s advice on the usage of eye drops -touching the tip of eye drop bottles may lead to introduction of contaminants into the content
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Q:If eyes come in contact with chemicals or particles, how should this be handled.

A:If particles enter the eye, the first aid is to open the eye bin a bowl of clean water. If there is feeling of the particle still stuck to the eye, DO NOT RUB THE EYE, this may lead to abrasion of the corneal which may leave a scar. See a trained eye personnel as soon as possible for foreign-body removal in a safe manner. In cases of chemical eye injury( which is an ocular emergency),irrigate the eye IMMEDIATELY with copious continuously running clean water or Normal saline or Ringers lactate if available. See an OPHTHALMOLOGIST IMMEDIATELY because the damage may progress as some chemical particles may still be lodged under the eyelid.

Q:Really...but the first thing that comes to the eye is RUBBING

A:That's true but it is the wrong thing to do
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
Q:Why are my eyes watery and what can I do about it.

A:Many factors can make the eye water and management depends on the cause Some causes include: -refractive errors -foreign - body in the eye -eyelid laxity -nasolacrimal duct obstruction -infections -side effect of topical eye medications You may need to see an eye doctor in order to identify the cause and to adequately treat a watering eye.

Q:How do I know if my kids need eye examination?

A:Routine annual eye examination is recommended, but urgent eye examination is needful if the following are noticed in children: -moving closer to watch the television -half - shutting the eyes to see clearly -abnormally frequent blinking -a squint -rapid uncontrolled eyeball movement ( nystagmus) -very itchy eyes +/- redness -discharging eyes -avoidance of bright light -a cat-eye reflex in the dark -any other unusual symptom
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
Q:How old should a child be before his first routine eye exam?

A:Fist day of life,before discharge home from the hospital after delivery

Q:How early should the child have an eye exam for visual acuity or reading glasses?

A:There are ways of checking visual acuity in babieq and all age groups and test for glasses can be done for all
Re: Ask Healthx24 Series-eye Care Tips by RxH8: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
Q:Can eye lashes, eye pencil affect the eyes.

A:Some people have allergies and may develop allergic reactions to them

Q:How will one know if one is allergic to them.

A:One may develop itching of the eye or even have rashes on the eyelid where they are applied .These will be noticed to occur ONLY when they are used

(1) (Reply)

Annoying Pimples On My Body(neck,hand And Chest) / where / Help! I Have Been Scratching My Balls!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.