Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me (555 Views)

Onnoghen Pleads Not Guilty To All Charges, Granted Bail On Self Recognition / Police Withdraw All MOPOL In Benue On Special Duties (See Letter) / Nnamdi Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me by KenHudson(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2017
[color=#550000][/ABUJA— Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, yesterday, tackled the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, for declaring the Biafran agitation unconstitutional.
Osinbajo and Knau
Kanu, in a world press conference he held through his team of lawyers in Abuja, maintained that Osinbajo’s view about Biafra was “patently misconceived and inherently faulty,” despite his rank as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
In a statement by his lawyer, Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Kanu insisted that “extra judicial remarks” Osinbajo made before the Igbo Council of Traditional Rulers, in reference to Biafran agitation, was offensive to section 2 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.
The statement read in part: “We are presently drifting into the narrative that had hitherto kept our client in unlawful incarceration for 18 months, in clear breach of positive orders of court that directed for his unconditional release. Unhealthy interference by the executive arm in the matter before the court, vide pronouncements capable of putting fears in the court is a case in point.
“This is evident in the recent extra judicial remarks by the Acting President, clearly contained in his presentation before the Igbo Council of Traditional Rulers, that the agitation for Biafra is unconstitutional as it offends section 2 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, 2011, and consequent threat of arrest and imprisonment of those that exercise their unquestionable and inalienable rights to self determination.
“This declaration is respectfully considered as not only provocative and unacceptable, but a clear case of undue interference with judicial process, which have the capacity of distorting the mindset of the judicial officer in charge of client’s case.
“It is important to remind the Acting President that our client’s present political trial originated from his legitimate exercise of his constitutionally guaranteed rights to self determination as clearly provided for under extant laws, and international instruments/covenants.
“It is, therefore, reasonably expected that any of such extra judicial remarks should not emanate from the revered office of the Acting President.
“With due reverence to the Acting President, and his rank as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, we deem it obligatory to state the correct position of the law as it relates to his faulty position.
“We observed most respectfully that the learned silk made this remark in direct response to quit notice threats and ultimatum handed down to Igbo living in the northern part of the country, by a faceless and uninformed group, going by the name of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum.
“But it must be noted very humbly that it is a mistake to equate the lawful and legitimate aspirations and agitations for Biafra with the unlawful, illegal and illegitimate quit notice, and threat given to the Igbo to leave the North by this group.
“We submit most humbly that the right to self determination, recognizable under various instruments, which Nigeria is a party to, is clearly provided for under Article 20(1) of the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) ( Act Cap 10) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990.”]

Re: Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me by shamack: 9:10am On Aug 03, 2017
This ppl are playing us
Re: Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me by ElSherriff: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2017
You never ready Kanu. Even if the charges are withdrawn against you, you are still a nuisance, a tyrant in waiting. Only people with less intellects believe you are a messiah, you are only thriving cos a lot of people need an arrow head. For the elites who support you, they do so cos you are a willing puppet.

Quote me, am ready.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me by Markfemi: 9:20am On Aug 03, 2017
Yemi should ignore him
Re: Kanu To Osinbajo: Withdraw All Charges Against Me by jlinkd78(m): 9:22am On Aug 03, 2017
When a member of d intelligentsia argues u really know that going to school no be beans. This learned man Ifeanyi Ejiofor has through logical presentation of verifiable facts challenged d status quo ante that made d oligarchic North and dia Southern conspirators think that self determination struggle was illegal. Mazi Nnamdi Kalu has reawakened d hitherto dead consciousness in all of us DAT Ofodile book's 'We Are All Biafrans' is an eternal truth.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians See All Politicians As Being Corrupt. / Buhari Is Dead / Dele Momodu Examines Aspirants For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.