Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own (46144 Views)

Atiku Replies Nnamdi Kanu: I Am Not From Cameroon / Lai Mohammed Replies Nnamdi Kanu, Speaks On Buhari Being A 'Clone' / Presidency Replies Nnamdi Kanu’s Outburst On Returning With 'Hell' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by higherpower: 9:58am On Aug 03, 2017
Joe Igbokwe wrote

NNAMDI KANU CALLED ME A HUNGRY SLAVE RESIDING IN LAGOS AND I HAVE FOUND THE NEED TO TELL MY STORY AGAIN FOR RECORD PURPOSES. I WANT NNAMDI TO TELL HIS OWN STORY TOO. PLEASE READ THIS:

In 1971, after my primary school education, poverty drove me to Lagos to find something to do to help my poor mother and siblings. Civil War devastated my father’s thriving business in Onitsha and we all suffered from 1966 to 1970 when the war ended.

With four wives and 34 children, my parents could not cope any more. My brothers and sisters dropped out of school to learn a trade. Because I was a little ‘sharp’ in school, my father encouraged me to finish primary school. It is needless here to recall how I and few of my siblings survived to finish our primary education. Consequently when my mates were taking Common Entrance Examination, I did not because there was no need to do so. No money, no three square meals a day, no good clothing, just nothing.

My mother encouraged me to travel with friends to Lagos. We landed at Sawmill Ebute Metta where I worked as a sawdust carrier at seven Shilling, six Pence a day. My job was to pack sawdust from the Machines to the Lagoon from 7am to 5 pm daily. I did this for nearly two years and later I became a danfo conductor plying Idioro/Ajegunle axis. From there I joined my brother in a supermarket business at Ijesha Road, Surulere. I did this until I returned home during Christmas in December 1973. I came home to meet my friends I was beating academically in school trying to make me feel and look inferior. Again I also noticed while in Lagos that if I fail to go to school, I may end up doing menial jobs meant for illiterates till the end of age. I decided to go back to school to add values to my life. But where are the school fees? There was nothing. How I managed to get the first school fee to start and what happened thereafter will take a book to do the narrative.

In 1979 I left Okongwu Memorial Grammar School Nnewi with Division One and was the school Head Boy. I taught in the same school as an Auxiliary Teacher from 1979 – 1980. In 1980 I got admission to read Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nigeria Nsukka and graduated in 1985. I did my Youth Service in Ogun State and thereafter I returned to Lagos in 1986 to begin a journey to where I am today. I walked the streets of Lagos from 1986 – 1988 until the then military government headed by Gen Ibrahim Babangida set up the National Directorate of Employment, (NDE) to encourage graduates to start their own businesses. I got a loan of N27,500, using my NYSC discharge Certificate and my Degree Certificate as collateral at 9% interest rate. I set up a Restaurant Business in Western Avenue, Lagos and hit an instant success. While doing this business, I spread my nets also to the auto spare parts market in Lawanson, Surulere where my brother thrives as a very successful importer. I opened a shop there and got a boy to take charge of the business. From there, I entered into Auto dealership in Western Avenue Surulere. I paid back that loan in full and collected back my certificates.

In 1995, I wrote my first book, Igbos: 25 Years After Biafra. I also established National Vision Newspapers in 1997. In 1999, I wrote my second book: Heroes of Democracy. In 2004 I co-authored 2007: The IBB Option with my good friend, Peter Claver Oparah. One thing led to another. I became an opinion molder, a public commentator, political analyst, writer and an advocate of the peoples’ cause. I bought my first car in 1990 and became a millionaire in 1995 after launching of my first book.

In 2006, the then Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, made me the pioneer General Manager of the Lagos State Infrastructure & Regulatory Agency (LASIMRA) and I was there for almost 10 years. I served Asiwaju’s government for the remainder of his days as Lagos Governor. I served His Excellency Governor Babatunde Fashola for 8years. In September 2015, His Excellency Governor Akinwunmi Ambode moved me to Wharf Landing Fees Collecting Authority Apapa as Chairman. I became the Publicity Secretary AC, ACN, and APC since late 2006 till date. By the grace of God I have been the Chairman of Conference of APC Publicity Secretaries (CAPS) in Nigeria since 2014.

These positions and exploits have put me in the limelight in Lagos and Nigeria since the early 90s, and God has been kind to me. These offices have opened the doors of the rich and poor to me. They have opened the inner ways,byways, subways, expressways and highways to the corridors of power in Nigeria. I have been connected to the pace setters, policy makers, the movers and shakers of blue chip companies, newsmakers and the powers that be in Lagos. The magic of Lagos, the beauty of Lagos, the dynamics of Lagos, the glory of Lagos, the momentum of Lagos, the capacity, capability and the strength of Lagos touched me in no uncertain terms since 1986 (32years ago) till date…..and still counting.

My sojourn in Lagos for 32 years has also opened my eyes as a historian as to what Lagos has done for my people from South East. Today as I write this Igbo do not have a quarter of what they have in Lagos in the South East in terms of investments. As I write this book, Igbo are the second most populous ethnic group in Lagos. Today, Igbo exert tremendous influence and capacity in Lagos and its success story. Few years back two prominent sons of Nnewi told me in confidence that they did not know they have been wasting their time in Nnewi until they came to Lagos. They said Lagos opened doors for limitless opportunities and endless possibilities. I have seen people come from other parts of Nigeria to hit gold mine in Lagos.

I got married in 1990 and all my five kids are all Lagosians and so are millions of Igbo kids born in Lagos. They have lived most of their lives in Lagos, schooled in Lagos, worked in Lagos, made friends in Lagos and have keyed to the Lagos success story. They know any other place except Lagos. Lagos is their home. This is not limited to Igbo alone but all other ethnic groups and of course Yoruba from outside Lagos. Lagos is a melting pot, a mega city, a cosmopolitan beehive. Lagos controls the heartbeat of Nigeria, its wealth, its influence and its strategic socio-economic and political hub. Lagos changed my thinking and original thoughts, Lagos emboldened me, Lagos motivated me, Lagos challenged me and Lagos made me. I can say no less. This is the story of Lagos, my Lagos. It is still unraveling, not for me alone but millions of other Nigerians, to the glory of God."

352 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2017
:oConfirm talk. We will B looking forward to hearing from NK..FTC no be beans Oo

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by Angeleena(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2017
nonsense,butt licker...Joe Esau igbokwe,selling ur birthright for amala and red oil soup...soo silly...ur kids,eat amala,so we should stupidly clap and hail them? this is total nonsense.. telling us how,u became a wanderer, makes no point at all..

196 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by Chikpat(m): 10:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Nnamdi, surely is not a hungry slave living in Lagos.

It will be good to hear his story; obviously from the zoo, outside the zoo or wherever !

The IGBOS OF NIGERIA will want to hear his own narrative.

Mr Kalu, tell us who you are; you are not an alien ....are you?

185 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by NetBizguy: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2017
higherpower:
Joe Igbokwe wrote

These positions and exploits have put me in the limelight in Lagos and Nigeria since the early 90s, and God has been kind to me. These offices have opened the doors of the rich and poor to me. They have opened the inner ways,byways, subways, expressways and highways to the corridors of power in Nigeria. I have been connected to the pace setters, policy makers, the movers and shakers of blue chip companies, newsmakers and the powers that be in Lagos. The magic of Lagos, the beauty of Lagos, the dynamics of Lagos, the glory of Lagos, the momentum of Lagos, the capacity, capability and the strength of Lagos touched me in no uncertain terms since 1986 (32years ago) till date…..and still counting.

My sojourn in Lagos for 32 years has also opened my eyes as a historian as to what Lagos has done for my people from South East. Today as I write this Igbo do not have a quarter of what they have in Lagos in the South East in terms of investments. As I write this book, Igbo are the second most populous ethnic group in Lagos. Today, Igbo exert tremendous influence and capacity in Lagos and its success story. Few years back two prominent sons of Nnewi told me in confidence that they did not know they have been wasting their time in Nnewi until they came to Lagos. They said Lagos opened doors for limitless opportunities and endless possibilities. I have seen people come from other parts of Nigeria to hit gold mine in Lagos."

Nnamdi Kanu I think you shouldn't do for this man what Nigeria govt did for you, you paid so much for it (18 month in detention), please don't just give him that attention lest he becomes somebody from nobody because its obvious this selfish entity is trying to use your ladder to gain recognition..

Who your story epp and who doesn't have a story?

Just look at the Joe Igbokwe of a selfish being, so far it has been all about you and your little success in logos, your express way and high and low ways and useless connection with useless people.. so after all it was the fear of losing them? And you mean to tell me that the entire Igbo should sacrifice our future for whatever nonsence you have in logas today? Biafra will come you can decide to remain in Nigeria..

For your informaton Mr. Selfish Igbokwe of Igbo saboteur, Nnamdi Kanu is not as selfish as you're because whatever you claim to have in Logos today being the result of your 32 years accumulated efforts, Nnamdi Kanu outweighs it even before he came to lime light, he rejected an offer that would give him for his fifth generation more than a million times whatever wealth you would ever dream of even in your next life, yes he rejected on offer of an Oil well for exchange of Biafran freedom unlike you selfish being that wants to sacrifice our independent and future of our children for not even any significant offer other than your meagre wealth that cannot feed two families for six months, Nnamdi Kan is not telling his sad story because its not just about him and his immediate family, he's telling our story because its about us

For get the F' out of here, you're still stinkingly poor

187 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by GuyWise(m): 10:30am On Aug 03, 2017
The idiot will forever be ignored by Kanu cause he is not quater of what Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is made of.

Ndigbo sii na, "Agaracha must come back".

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by higherpower: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,butt licker...
Please encourage your Cownu to also write his own.

167 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by higherpower: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2017
GuyWise:
The idiot will forever be ignored by Kanu cause he is not quater of what Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is made of.

That can only be because Mr Cownu doesn't even have a life talkless of history.

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by higherpower: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,butt licker...
That means u didn't read the post or u lack understanding.

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2017

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by zuchyblink(m): 10:47am On Aug 03, 2017
This man wants all IGBOS to leave their land for lagos. Lagos this, lagos that lagos is what it is because other places were starved to feed lagos. That is what we want to stop. Restructure or Biafra

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:51am On Aug 03, 2017
What are you saying azz licker ?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by HMZi: 10:52am On Aug 03, 2017
Stupid old Joe....
I aint ibo but the way the dude dey sell out him bro's just makes me wanna puke...

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by BuariCopyPaste: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2017
Agaba.... oka mma na ezi

When last did you visit your home town cos it's obvious you are not in touch with the reality on ground .

What this idiot is saying in essence is that all igbos should pack their bags and head to Lagos.... what a stupid father.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by adetayo234: 10:55am On Aug 03, 2017
B

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by tinkinjow: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2017
It's absolutely irrelevant what lagos has done to u or igbos generally. If nnamdi kanuso chooses together with the majority of the igbos to opt out of Nigeria so be it. That's the end full stop. It is their inalienable right so to choose.
Today we still have a lot of Brits venting anger on the Brexit vote but the majority have voted and that ends it. It is their right and freedom so to decide.
I don't understand what's the hoot is about with people exercising their rights and freedom.
Let the truth be told it's people opposed to the call to referendum that poses threats to peace.

BTW the same way u hv lots of igbos excelling in USA Gabon South Africa England Germany etc is the same way that the igbos are excelling and will continue to in Lagos Kano and abuja. So such arguments are pointless.

Let them go if they perish it's their call simple.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by saintikechi(m): 10:56am On Aug 03, 2017
Igbokwe should just shut up, nnamdi kanu is his god, he should bow to him before he hurts himself.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by jpphilips(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2017
GuyWise:

What is Kanu made of? A f00l at 40 asking Nigeria to give him unconstitutional referendum, does he sound like a normal person to you?
That's if you are normal anyways!!

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by Emereolevanwill(m): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by adetayo234: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Angeleena:
nonsense,butt licker...

I wasn't expecting anything better from kanu's disciples. Expect them to be reasonable at your own peril. Do you want to claim the successes of your parents aren't tied to Lagos? Be sincere to yourself.

And while at it, ask your god to tell his own story.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by paschu: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Do you even know what a constitution is?

Which constitution are you referring to? Who wrote the constitution? God?

Can you post the portion of the constitution where it says that referendum should not be allowed? And if it did not say so anywhere, then what's your point?

And while you're at it, can you explain the constitutional basis for the creation of SS, NC and the Sharia Judicial/Law Enforcement systems? Plus, can you also explain the constitutional basis for the ceding of Bakassi to Cameroun?

jpphilips:

What is Kanu made of? A f00l at 40 asking Nigeria to give him unconstitutional referendum, does he sound like a normal person to you?
That's if you are normal anyways!!

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by 989900: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2017
You are so fxcking ret@rded if you think a sociopath and charlatan like Nnamdi is fit to lace the boots of Joe, a self-made man, who did see and feel the civil war.

Kanu didn't even experience the war, but he is trying to recreate 1967 in 2017. #stuckinthepast

How much have we collectively Inter-married, inter-traded, co-habitated between 1967 and 2017?

The millions of Igbos living outside the south east returning home, how plausible is that?

If it can't be done then, only a fellow psychotic patient will believe the fraud Nnamdi is selling.

Joe has told his story of love, unity, progress, and perseverance and success, let the hate filled noise maker tell his.

What is Nnamdi's occupation or pedigree?
What has he done for the Igbo nation than create hate, deaths, disaffection, chaos, and make noise?

The 'almajiris' (by virtue of design by their very own) suffer the brunt of inequality than most in this country.

I meet tons of deluded folks (especially Nigerians) like him everywhere I go both in and outside the country.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by adetayo234: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2017
saintikechi:
Igbokwe should just shut up, nnamdi kanu is his god, he should bow to him before he hurts himself.

So, flaaaaatheads now see kanu as a god? And I begin to wonder if these guys have any education at all

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by adetayo234: 11:13am On Aug 03, 2017
I doubt if kanu has any story to tell. But he doesn't have to bother about telling stories; hs disciples will always follow him, even if he is leading them to perdition.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by NetBizguy: 11:14am On Aug 03, 2017
nonsense again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by rainylad(f): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Agaba.... oka mma na ezi

When last did you visit your home town cos it's obvious you are not in touch with the reality on ground .

What this idiot is saying in essence is that all igbos should pack their bags and head to Lagos.... what a stupid father.

..Honestly that guy is nuts..see how he is chanting 'lagos,lagos' like a lost soul..I am sure he cant find his way to his father's hometown in the East anymore...very foolish man

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by adetayo234: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2017
GuyWise:

Kanu will ignore him because kanu has no life story to tell.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by sammyj: 11:18am On Aug 03, 2017
Igbokwe should have saved his energy for a better thing rather than channeling it towards that coward that refuse to visit Kaduna!!! shocked sad

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by higherpower: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2017
NetBizguy:
nonsense again
His story has helped many to be self reliance, industrious and hard working.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own by victorioushands: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2017
Kanu has no story to tell except dubious ones full of hatred and his life of betrayal, immorality, usurping, arrogance birthed from frustration and, finally, how he turned many gullible people into his money milking machines. He ran from UNN and forced his gullible parents to send him to school in UK. After graduation, he still amounted to nothing and only squatted from one house to another - most of whom he still owe thousands of pounds. Then Biafra became a business. He tried first and failed when he squandered the money Uwazuruike gave him. Then people came from all over the countries abroad in support of Biafra cause and, because he had no job and was only living in somebody's house, he took it as his business - with people from all over contributing money that enters into his account alone. Then it became an opportunity to sleep with everything on skate and to travel like a fool, to curse anyone who has different opinion and to act like he is God - leading many astray - until he was irredeemably lost. That will be his story before his eventual downfall...but he would never tell it because he cannot. People will stone him to death if they knew him.
I don't care what his minions and urchins would comment in response.

101 Likes 12 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Olutayo Soyode: "To See My Daughter In Aso Rock Is Like Going To Prison" / Nasiru Abdullahi 'Chile Maidoki' Joins Kano Police / How Buhari, Saraki Peace Deal Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.