Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:48 PM

President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties (8256 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Executive Director On Special Duties To Edo State Governor Defect To PDP / Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by sirabbey(m): 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
Acting president Jonathan Goodluck has shot his first Presidential bullet by deploring erstwhile minister of justice Michael Aondoakaa as minister of special duties and replacing him with the former minister of labour and productivity, Prince Kayode Adetokunbo.
The questions now are,
1. why not just sack Aondoakaa or is this a cautious move by a fearful acting president testing the waters of his new found powers
2. what does this portend for the nation as a whole?.
4. will this not result in another legal logjam since the legality of Jonathan assuming the post of acting president is still raising dust
3. what other moves are we likely to see in the coming weeks from this man whose luck is unarguably good.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by SeXyBoNE: 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
i expected this kind of tin to happen, Please good luck sack all your cabinet and install new and fresh young nigerians to help this country. Thats what we need rite now
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by damola1: 10:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
Joe is just a face.

His final decision is made by more or less the same faces behind Umaru. He's PDP. WHy do you expect so much from him?
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by annyplenty(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2010
Aondoakaa is the DEVIL'S ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA not Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by cassidy(f): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
The Bobo "Acting President" surely knows how to move fast against the backdrop of Baba-Go-Slow

lets see what "Dora" will be rewarded with after all she saw these change coming and decided to pitch her tent with the then VP by calling for Baba-Go-Slow's transfer of power. Remember Adedibu's words about her, hmmmm who says old men lie
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by Fhemmmy: 10:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
In Nigerian system, there is nothing like demotion, i am sure the Anakonda guy dont even know the meaning of moving him, as long as his paycheck keep coming and he can still collect on da side, no qualms
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by DRCROSS: 10:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
but why not he sack Aoadookaa,  grin  i rest my case
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by Fhemmmy: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
DR CROSS:

but why not he sack Aoadookaa,  grin  i rest my case

Cos he is aafraid of being swallowed
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by usbcable(m): 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2010
but the *sshole was still all smiles on channels t.v news @ 10.
he said he is still in the FEC only as a different ministerial position.
shameless man"(he almost wound us finish)
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by kobojunky(f): 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
DR CROSS:

but why not he sack Aoadookaa, grin i rest my case

GoodLuck cannot sack who he did not appoint!

He can move them around but outright sack, no way.

And all LAW he signed will be subject to court cases.

Yaradua still the President dont forget.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by chessguru(m): 10:32pm On Feb 10, 2010
What the Vp has done is astep ion the right direction!!
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by kliffo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
I think this is a very strategic move by Goodluck. He is trying to make both sides happy.
Whether he is going to succeed through compromise is another story. Am happy though that
ODOO-UKA (trouble maker in Igbo) is no longer the AGF- legal or not.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by ndigbo: 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
He should have been sacked outrightly! That Attorney General of Fraud has caused us agony,shame, name it.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by Feraz(m): 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
I cudnt help but laff @ d way he was forcing a smile. E b lyk say jonathan don dey harbour dis thing 4 mind tey tey.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by frankkie: 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2010
Aondokaa, now you will have time to visit our Former President for Saudi. Infact you can also work from there, since everyone can work from anywhere. We dont want to see you in this country!!
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by kawkab: 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
Technically speaking Jonathan would have taken this decisiueon for the following reasons;

1.  Aodonkaa has done so much to discredit the Nigerian constitution and its true meanings in certain sections.
2.  He needs a trully sound Legal person as attorney general to cope with the legal challenges that may arise as a result of being our acting
    presidents.  You would perceive that Aodonkaa is not sound legally from him utterances and conduct; he got his SAN from the back door.  
    The new AGF is a true SAN.
3.  He needs to breed his own crop of loyalist.
4.  He is using this to test the waters.  Aondokaa is hated by the public for his conducts recently so he can be dispensed with.  Most of the
    duties of the Minister of Special duties is not clearly defined, also most parastatals under special duties falls under the office of the Vice
    President, since for now there is no sustantive VP, Aodonkaa would report to Jonathan directly, then he would be terrible frustrated.

The game has just began.  You never know what a man would do with power until you give it to him.
[i][/i]
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by rasputinn(m): 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin

Special duty indeed,this Godluck guy na real Cicero
When did managing the fuel and diesel for the running of those monster power generating sets in Aso Rock as well as taking care of the dogs in the Villa become special duty

Serves Andoaka well,now na only dog shi.t and diesel e go dey carry for Aso rock
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by abott(m): 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
Bliv me, that was a very good move, enough to bring about a CHECKMATE. D whole scenario is like a chess game!!! Aandoaka needs to be moved away from that particular ministry, because he hasnt represented well at all. Thumbs up Jonathan, we expect more good moves, like checking whats up with PHCN and NNPC!!!
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by MrCrackles(m): 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
Aondoaka minister of special duties overseeing the mopping of toilets, replenishment of food stock, disposal of raw sewage and management of domestic personnel in Aso Rock. . .
Fu/cking oxymoron, Aondoaka, you are a raaaaasclaaat!!!
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by honeric01(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
nice one

hopefully, he won't be swallowed like the rest
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by baslone: 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2010
He's slowly on his way out. . . wink
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by adanny01(m): 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
Am just scared what will happen if Yar'adua comes back, heads will definitely role!
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by slap1(m): 11:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
I see Aondoakaa resigning. That guy is too full of himself, he may be leaving before the month runs out.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by location(m): 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
Aondoaka must have seen his wrong now i believe and if he still stick to his gun, then he is On His Own,
Now that Goodluck has taken over, i think the Nation is on its path way to [color=#990000][/color] REAL GOODLUCK
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by slap1(m): 11:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
@adanny01. Which Yar'Adua? Come back as what? There's nothing to fear about.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by ssumpta(f): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
frankkie:

Aondokaa, now you will have time to visit our Former President for Saudi. Infact you can also work from there, since everyone can work from anywhere. We dont want to see you in this country!!
Lol.
That's some good news. Shameless lawyer!
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by whobethat: 11:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
Even if Yar'Adua come back na to go house go rest.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by ehala: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
Now that Good Luck Jonathan has officially or controversially, assumed executive powers as president, he should be warned that any temptation on his part to exacerbate societal schisms through a misguided embrace of the divisive  politics of the discredited ancien régime cannot be said to be in the national interest. Any flirtation or re-alignment with the elements of the “born-again” misrule who for eight wasted years had imposed a delusional and primitive kleptocracy based on lawlessness and anti-social conduct should be considered as an unacceptable assault on our collective psyche. If such abdication were to happen, Jonathan and his acolytes must be prepared to face the wrath of the people.

IN SIMPLE ENGLISH - DO THE RIGHT THING GBAM!!! grin
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by toideve(m): 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2010
so who's the vice president now?
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2010
whobethat:

Even if Yar'Adua come back na to go house go rest.
Yar'adua is remain to die in Saudi carelessly, the blood of innocent people he ordered to be killed in Maiduguri at his watch will not leave him alone.
courtesy of Boko Haram. keep on Jonathan God providence remain on you.
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by samsoft00: 12:33am On Feb 11, 2010
uhmmmm
Re: President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties by semid4lyfe(m): 12:36am On Feb 11, 2010
Good move by Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps / We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba / Brown University's Tribute To Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.