Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! (2861 Views)

Seun, Anti Spam Bot Is Becoming Out Of Control! / Seun,the Anti-spam BOT Is Frustrating A Lot Of Users / Anti Spam Bot//auto Ban On Nairaland- More Harm Than Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by chessguru(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hello all,
I know a lot of you guys must have noticed that you make apost and you dont see it reflected on the bord especially posts with Links/website addresses. if you try to post same messege again and again you get banned. well this is as a result of the anti spam bot policy. the anti spam bot flags messeges that looks like spam , hides it and may later reveal it (by admin) if proved not to be spam .
TheAnti spam bot may be annoying and frustrating at times, especially when it gets you banned for sometime. its artificial intelligence makes it hate you the more you tryu to resist it.

VERDICT
The Anti spam bot is actually doing the site alot of good, by protecting members from hundreds of spam messeges Though there are occassional mistales by the software. but it is for the good of the site and members. it also helps protect the integrity of the site and also ranking of the site.
That i guess is the reason why the admin puts it there for hios benefit, the sites benefit and the benefit of all members.

SO PLEASE BEAR WITH THE SYSTEM and now that you fully understands how it works it is easier to bear with the system and get used to it.
In case your messege gets flagged as spam , let the mod know about it, or the admin. DO NOT TRY TO FORCE THE MESSEGE or BYPASS the anti spam bot. let Seun or his mods know the status quo. if not you can as well remove the link.

Hope this helps!!
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by benodic: 1:03am On Feb 11, 2010
thanks very much for this info. the first day i made a post i was banned and i felt very bad as i felt that what i posted was not a spam. but with the info you provided i am grateful as it explains everything. i look forward to enjoying this forum.
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by mamagee3(f): 12:25am On Feb 12, 2010
I don't even know what's with the Admin and that Anti-Spam bot, the other day it banned me for posting a spam
when I didn't even post anything, I had just logged in.
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by chessguru(m): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
mama-gee:

I don't even know what's with the Admin and that Anti-Spam bot, the other day it banned me for posting a spam
when I didn't even post anything, I had just logged in.
Please lets look at the postive side of things. most likely what happend was it could be a spill over from you activities on your last log in. the anti spam bot Artificial intelligence has a way response. for example if it flags your post as spam twiuce in arow, this may affect you on your next log in. that is IT HATES YOU THE MORE IT FEELS YOU TRY TO BYPASS IT. but if anything of such happens again you sure knows what to do. report to a super mod like Deboski or Murkina or Seun.
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2010
what happened to the forum a couple of days ago?

It was hacked by some group with an Indonesian address called santagant.com.tv.php or something like that.

what's with that and who are their agents?
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by switch47(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2010
@tpia
Its a question for seun. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by Nobody: 1:53am On Feb 18, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 12, 2013
is the thing demonic?
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by Wesslier(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2013
Lolz.... It guess it a malfunction. But how do i get to d super moderator cuz av bin ban 4 no reason now.
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by bemy007(f): 6:57am On Sep 16, 2013
admi\antispambot stop banning me am just advertising a product is not a spam for real pls
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by adorable29(f): 4:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Please the antispam bot has banned me for no reason! Like seriously, its annoying!
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 05, 2013
adorable29: Please the antispam bot has banned me for no reason O. I replied to someone on the ASUU/gov negotiation update thread on the front page who said the strike hasn't been called off by saying "false prophet" and I was banned!
I was banned too for d same reason.....diff comment tho
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by Emmyk(m): 11:37am On Nov 05, 2013
I was wishing a nairaland member Happy birthday - Itsmodell.. Cant remember her name, on this section like 3 days ago.

I got banned! WTF??!

I got really pissed, I had to mail the mods, and I was released pronto.
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by tpiah2: 6:43am On Nov 17, 2014
so, now the name of the moderator doing the banning has now been removed?
Re: Nairaland Disapearing Posts, Automatic Ban And Anti-spam Bot! by okenol(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
How did any of you solve this?

(1) (Reply)

Lets Rub Minds Together, Valentine Is Fast Approaching / BOOBS ALERT: See How This Naija Babe Expose Her Body At Her Wedding / How Much Could Be Budgeted For A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With 2 Livingrooms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.