Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Advice Needed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice Needed (813 Views)

Advice Needed On Which Laptop To Buy / Advice Needed On HP250 G6,, / (advice Needed) Pluging Laptop Without Battery, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed by swaqq(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hi Nlders,
I bought a Lenovo G550 on Monday from a friend of a friend for 35k, I wasn't able to test the system well, because I was late for work, although he gave it to me while it was switched On, he told me the battery has 2h, 30m backup and the DVD rom was working fine, and dat there was nothing wrong with the laptop. I paid him 17k, and promised to balance up in two payments, one this week and the other next week.
But on getting home from work, I switched the system on but it wasn't booting to Windows. I took it to an engineer who formatted it for 2k, I bought a charger for 2.5k, I later found out from the engineer that the DVD rom wasn't working(he used his to format it), The worst part of it is that the battery backup wasn't up to 15mins. I learn the battery cost 8k, Dvd rom 2k. I informed the guy and he confessed that the battery was the only fault of the system, and that he has a brother in ikeja that sells battery for 5k, and he is still expecting his full balance.
what should I do nairalanders?
How much balance should I give to him considering I will be spending almost 15k for repairs only. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Give him 5k....if he no collect, tell am to refund your money you no buy again.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by swaqq(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Give him 5k....if he no collect, tell am to refund your money you no buy again.
thanks boss,

(1) (Reply)

Contact Me For An Android Development Job 07088547073 / The Next LTS Kernel Branch Is Linux 4.14 - New Long Term Support Kernel Series / The User Profile Cannot Be Loaded Problem. Help A Brother!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.