Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

The brand Of 'X' - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The brand Of 'X' (22147 Views)

The Detective Novel [The Brand Of Cain] Has Finally Been Published Online / [story] The Brand Of Cain...part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Hadampson(m): 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
Jane1234f:
I am here
Welcome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Adesina12: 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
jagugu88li:

This Adesina12 sef never reply....girls will kill you tongue... abstain.

I think you are the first to kill me before others take their turn.
Shiiiii I am James Bond 007 ....tomorrow never dies tongue

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by hormobolanle: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2017
dem dis kin story dy burst my bubble
Issokay......... but jagugu88li u bin no teme say u don turn prophet over night, Uself Don join dem?jane1234f Kuma say she b rev sister

na here I go dy here say Hadampson self Don turn Imam
God go open Una yansh for me but till then I will Kip observing.......
creeza Kare I dy ur back like school bagcheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Jane1234f(f): 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
hormobolanle:
Issokay......... but jagugu88li u bin no teme say u don turn prophet over night, Uself Don join dem?jane1234f Kuma say she b rev sister

I am pure biko

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
jagugu88li:
See why I dont eat porridge....you see. Bad luck catches up with you just when you are about to call it a day.
Putting it mildly, Charles will die because Ben was banging, after they manuvoured safely out of pommas.

I had hoped Ben & co. will recruite Charles as a private driver or delivering man.

Adesina12 .....oya, quench my thirst
Hadampson bring the entire crew in. Make them say "Present Sir" as they enter.
Girlhaley my personal person
queenitee mama d' mama
Lawlahdey grin....the prison wardesstress grin
Kimkardashian queen of our land
Kimberlywest.....make I pray for you first. Katarabadhabatotototot ronokorodoshashasha booooom booooom boooooom make thunder no strike say boooooom rabatatatakarobi. Orororroortosahaba raaaaaa!!!!
Now , make sure you sort out the K.C matter
Bummybummy thriller mama

ROYH, report for duty. Mission "The brand of X" has landed. We need our front guys to hunt down the culprit. Oya, get out of Sambisa and report for duty. Bring your best men and women in 3...........................2...
Boooo grin

2 Likes

Re: The brand Of 'X' by hormobolanle: 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
Jane1234f:
I am pure biko
hmmmm I go say u talk so but I no believe shatongue

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
adontcare:
Wow! Dis piece is da bomb. Good job. What a thrill dis is!
thank you ma! I'm greatful that you read and dropped a comment.
Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
hormobolanle:

school bag ? grin u sure say u safe there. Them fit snatch you away o. I don't trust these my characters. Except Ben, sometimes sef, I dae fear the guy ! He too cunning . grin welcome on board bro.

Good to have you here.
Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Boooo grin
welcome , i hope u enjoy the story
Re: The brand Of 'X' by donteanz(m): 12:16am On Aug 11, 2017
This tori carry plenty pikin for back oo. OP Creeza, Your mouth dey there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The brand Of 'X' by adontcare(f): 12:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Pst Greedy Osas. Why hunting ya nephew? Poor Charles died like dat.kai. well-done creeza

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
donteanz:
This tori carry plenty pikin for back oo. OP Creeza, Your mouth dey there.
thank you bros mi

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
adontcare:
Pst Greedy Osas. Why hunting ya nephew? Poor Charles died like dat.kai. well-done creeza
everything happens for a reason. Thank u for commenting smiley
Re: The brand Of 'X' by bimberry1307(f): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
hmmmm!! ben, that's life for you. but come to tbink of it, why would his uncle want him dead?

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Deji124(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wow i really love crime story oga creeza oya come and update jare,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
Uncle can turnout to be #6. Badboy thst uncle.

Lawlahdey:
Boooo grin
Long time.....and I wont even ask where you were grin. I refuse to hear your reply.

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by ozila(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
update before I vex oh

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
bimberry1307:
hmmmm!! ben, that's life for you. but come to tbink of it, why would his uncle want him dead?

bimberry , life is complicated, sometimes the people you so much love and care for may be the very ones against your progress.

But why the uncle wants him? We will have to find out, wont we? smiley
thank u for dropping a comment.

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
Deji124:
Wow i really love crime story oga creeza oya come and update jare,
oga boss, Iyam so greatful for ur kind gesture toward the story. I will update soon, please I had to check a few things in the plot, and had this Epub issues with okadabooks.

In all, thank you sir ! smiley
Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
jagugu88li:
Uncle can turnout to be #6. Badboy thst uncle.

Long time.....and I wont even ask where you were grin. I refuse to hear your reply.

your mind is working... Trying to pick out the twist . I like that, well keep it coming... wink thanks for dropping a comment.

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Deji124(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
Creeza:
oga boss, Iyam so greatful for ur kind gesture toward the story. I will update soon, please I had to check a few things in the plot, and had this Epub issues with okadabooks.

In all, thank you sir ! smiley
U are welcome bro,

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2017
ozila:
update before I vex oh
hmmm. Why sir?
Please dont vex o. I cant fight o! grin be4 u break my teeth all comot

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by wizsolzy(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kul story bro

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by gtin(m): 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
Creeza:
Adesina12 bimberry1307 olufemiwhit
anabia deji124 olubee22
jagugu88li queenitee stephengee25
missmossy nmaglit gtin ozila divepen1
audreytims tiffanyJ maneski queensiju
oyinella miriam1868 rachealfst
samyfreshsmooth yorhmienerd tunjilomo
sharpwriter princ007,
herosakin777, hormobolanle, dannybomb,
damibiz, akinwale14, adontcare, kikiwendy,
yungtemy, marianneada, and jane1234f
hadampson jagugu88li peterjezy ayambae allylic lleigh nmaglit shekina90 adontcare allylic hormobolanle jane1234 lawladey

Am here thanks for the invite

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
wizsolzy:
Kul story bro
thanks oga.. Good 2 hv u here.
Welcome, update comes early tommorrow , morning and evening smiley

cc deji124
jagugu88li
akinwale14
gtin
hormobolanle
bimberry1307
nmaglit
allylic
peterjezy
Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
gtin:

Am here thanks for the invite
im honored to have you here... wink thank you so much
Re: The brand Of 'X' by Adesina12: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
Creeza I dey follow you bumpa to bumpa

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by gtin(m): 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Creeza:
im honored to have you here... wink thank you so much
Me am glad I got the invite, Infact lemme also invite my boo MhizDherbee, boo come and sit on my lap and pls bring juice when u are coming

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by eROCK247(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2017
edwapkalmeed

1 Like

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Adesina12
Missmossy nmaglit gtin ozila divepen1
audreytims tiffanyJ maneski queensiju
oyinella miriam1868 rachealfst
samyfreshsmooth yorhmienerd tunjilomo
sharpwriter princ007,
herosakin777, hormobolanle, dannybomb,
damibiz, akinwale14, adontcare, kikiwendy,
yungtemy, marianneada, and jane1234f
hadampson jagugu88li peterjezy ayambae allylic lleigh nmaglit shekina90 adontcare allylic hormobolanle jane1234 lawlahdey

Continued , the brand of X

' To be honest, Ben' the doctor said as he stitched up the wound' This cut is deep. You should be dead by now. But somehow still alive. Its a miracle'

Ben groaned in pains when the sutures penetrated his skin.

' Or its just not time yet' he continued.

Ray was the doctor for the Kvng Nazi's. He had a history with the gang and was called upon whenever they had wounded brothers, Gunshot cases and accident bruises.

Most times, he diagnosed and treated them of ailments ranging from malaria to stds'. They never visited hospitals, only his lab which hid beneath a pharmacy in the heart of Ring road, Benin City.

' I guess am lucky' Ben replied.

' Tell me, Raymond. You said that you once practised, right? As a licenced doctor'

'Yes I did' Raymond replied and strapped gloves off his palms, they gave an elastic stripping effect . He disposed them in a bin nearby.

From his accent one could pick that he was from western Nigeria.

Ben asked him how he became a rogue doctor, what really happened?

' Its a long story.' He said and checked Ben's pulse rate. He continued' Sometimes the evil in you, keeps knocking that you give in. Its your only ally. Just you and it, against the world'

Ben watched him tie a bandage round the dressed wound. The bandage had a special clip- a hard plastic- He had seen the type before, at the chemist. Maybe a new improvement in the field.

' Its your only ally' Ray cemented.

Benedict could not understand a single thing he meant. He questioned the doc the more but he didn't get any reasonable answer.

' It takes time. Soon enough you will understand. You are smart, the reason why I developed a 'personal' health relationship with you'

He emphasised the word.

Ben sat up on the large sized bed and gazed through the small window . It was daylight already. He could see feet and tires moving.

' Do you have health relationships with the brothers. I mean every brother in the gang?

' Yes. I do' the doc replied as he scribbled on paper. ' I have a file on every single one of them, their names, their blood type, virtually everything'

Benedict became interested. He wished he could cook out more info.

' Including the Big brother #6?'

Doctor Ray paused in his activity. He turned and stared at Benedict. He returned to his paper as he bent over.

He said ' Nope. But I have met him just once'

' What does he look like?

' He is a human for sure, not a ghost as you all think'

' The Brother #4 , our leader has met him , right? Ben asked again.

' Let me see your arm' Dr Raymond said ' hmm. The scratch is infected. But not to worry. There is....' he paused' how exactly did you come about the cut under your leg?

' I was taken...' Ben began

He was in the middle of his statement when Benedicta walked in from the convenience room. She had been in there for a while, she had to wash up and ease herself.

' Oh there you are!' Raymond said and adjusted his glasses, still focused at Ben's arm.

' I was wondering if you'd never come out. Maybe you were in labour. '

Benedicta gave a frown and couldn't place a finger on the joke, but her boyfriend found it funny.

She shook her head.

' I need to change these clothes'. She said.

Dr Raymond pointed to a bag near a chair. He had instructed one of the men that came with them, to get it.

Benedicta undid the knot and turned to face them.

' I want to call my family. They must be worried about me.'

She had lost her phone in the blast.

Ben tossed the Nokia Torch light he had taken from Charlie.

' Use that one'

' The dead guy's phone?

' He was not just any guy' Ben corrected ' He saved my life' he paused ' and all I did was get him killed'

Ben remembered Charlie, his language tag. ' Man' . It would have been so much fun to have him around. Funny as life happens! He thought.

' Its not exactly your fault' Dr Ray called back his attention.

' It is'

The doc infused an I.v pin into his arm and calibrated the flow, he turned to see Benny exit into the convenience room, he returned his gaze at the brother on the bed.

' #12 ' he called Ben' Don't do it. You are not even sure he was behind your attack'

' Who else has the motive for it?

' I'm just being your friend and doctor. I don't think a pastor... Well, he is now, ' Dr Ray continued' and the last thing he would do is hire gun men to kill his nephew'

' He did it' Ben fired back at him.

Dr Ray told him to take it easy. He said ' someone else might be tricking you into this, turning the table and pointing the arrow to a false direction'

Benedict kept silent.

' Have you told her? Dr Ray asked him and glanced at the door to the convenience for the third time.

Benedict shook his head. He had other things on his mind, he tried to believe his uncle was innocent but for christ's sake the man murdered his parents. Then weeks after their funeral , he became a pastor, what was he trying to hide?

' You have to' the doctor brought him back to the room.

' You will soon... You will be gone soon and she deserves a better life. She can't save you, even with all the love in the world'

' How bad is the Diabetes? Benedict asked regretfully' The HSV is critical too? Right?

' You just have to let her go. Best you have is a few years and the diabetes is genetic. Your family with her will be a sad one'
Ray advised.

Benedict coughed and smiled. He remembered the look on his girlfriend's face the previous night in the shower.

' We don't even have sex anymore' he uttered.

The doctor asked why and Ben told him the reason.

' Do you have any outbreak of rashes around the genitals?

' No'

' What about cold sours around the lips? the doctor added.

Ben shook his head signalling negativity.

' Then its safe to have sex.' Dr Ray said ' only when you see these symptoms that you must abstain from sex. But you should tell her, let her get tested too'

' I don't think she...'

' I'm just saying ' the doctor cut in ' its better to be safe than sorry'

After the lecture on safe sex and transmission basis, he left Benedict and walked away.

' Sir Raymond' Ben called him back as he almost closed the door.

' When do I get to meet the #6?

' I don't know. I'm just your doctor.'

Ben asked him why his gang did not bail him out of the police net.

Ray said the gang is a top secret and has always been so at all costs.

' But my guess is that the B4 was avoiding attention from the police. Just know, they did not forsake you. In fact , they facilitated your bail'

He turned to leave.

' How? Ben asked.

' I don't know. I'm just your doctor' he repeated.

Benedict wondered why everything was secretive. Nobody knew anything, even the B4 acted strange sometimes. He would find out soon, but at the moment, he had an enemy to deal with.

He was in deep thought when Benny came out, walked toward him and rubbed his bandaged wrapped chest.

' Hey! She said and sat by his side, on the bed.' What's happening?

' You look nice in that dress' he replied.

They both gazed at each other, eyeballs locked and desire grew intense.

Ben reached for her torso with his free arm. She leaned forward and expectations increased, their lips locked, the moment they have both been waiting for.

Meanwhile , few kilometres away at the police station all hell broke loose as IPO Matthew left the DPO's office, very angry at himself.

' Aremu' he called on his P.A who stood next to the door. ' What stupid thing have we done? We had a criminal in custody but now he is at large with so many bodies lying in his trail. '

' Sir, I think we can still catch him'

' How? Exactly? We went to his apartment and met a building blown to bits. That's after the gunshot incident'

John Aremu had a better idea, his superior was too stressed out to remember protocols. That was his job, to aid Mr. Matthew in cases like this.

' We only have to fish him out through his relatives' John said.

He clutched the Ak 47 round his shoulders.

' Okay. He left his address with us. I remember' Mathew sighed then continued ' we will visit him today. Get the team ready'

He turned to leave.

' But sir,' Aremu spoke up' we have two court cases today. The bank robbery and the theft incident, remember? The John Okadigbo case'

Matthew slapped his forehead, he had forgotten.
He decided they would go in the evening.

He walked away without saying much.

John Aremu dipped his hand into his pockets. Something was vibrating in it.

' Yes. hello' he said into the speaker as he received the dial.

' Yes. We granted him bail yesterday. He left with your uncle, the pastor'

He paused and listened before he said ' No. Nothing is wrong , he is free now. Everything is fine... Maybe ... Maybe he will call you soon'

' okay. Thank you'

He cut the conversation and dialled a number, he walked away until he came to a secluded area, away from suspicious eyes and ears.

He looked around before he spoke into the phone.

' Yes. Its me. Aremu, I have new information.....The pastor has been slated for arrest. '

' Yes. Mr Phillip,' he said' I'll see if I can delay them any longer... But your boys must be quick, they need to be out of there before we arrive'

He paused and listened as the man on the other end gave him a new instruction.

' Okay' but when do I get my payment?... Alright'. He said and cut the convo.

He retraced his steps and smiled as if nothing had happened.

' Its almost launch time' he said to a female constable as he walked by' I am so hungry I could eat mountain right now'

Tbc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The brand Of 'X' by Creeza(m): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
Adesina12:
Creeza I dey follow you bumpa to bumpa
thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Behind The Clouds By Ifeoma Okoye / The Adjacent. A Crime Thriller / NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.