Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary (57435 Views)

Funke Akindele Twerking On The Set Of 'Jenifa's Diary' (photos, Video) / Bisola To join cast of Jenifa Diary / Funke Akindele And JJC Skillz At The Premiere Of "Jenifa In London" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Tilda30(f): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
She is now rude
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
Baba I tire o, Wt message kardashians pass. And u hear that girl berate jeniffer's diary for Kardashian.
Would she prefer her kids watch a comic jenifa or a slothful kardashian angry
majekdom2:
because the lead role speaks that kind of English doesn't mean every act does. Is it kardashians that doesn't affect people. We know so many kardashian wannabe. Each to his own. The fact that you don't find it interesting, does not make it interesting. Each episode passes it's message that's beyond the English. I am yet to figure what message the kardashian are tyring to pass.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by hibee4uall(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small, you can contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by styless(f): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Setaje:
but the fan is not lying. by now Jennifer should have started speaking good English. she has over killed that character. its time to upgrade. At the beginning it was funny but its becoming boring. the last time she was warned about the constant wrong use of English but she replied almost the same way as this. seems she doesn't like to be criticised at all.
Exactly. Jst like what dnb stories did with their story - the village girl. in the 2nd part the girl was already speaking correct English and it was still as hilarious as the first one.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Reptyle(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
I really wish there was a way of measuring and reviewing viewership over a period of time for programmes we have on TV, like it is done abroad.

That way, some of these producers will get to know when the ratings for their productions improve or reduce season on season.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nov6(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
I wonder why this NwaAmaikpe has not been ban on this forum, this guy is a bad influence to this forum

maybe you dont know,
he is been paid bu seun for what he does&the things he comments.
They are good friends&partner,
so dont sweat on his issue too much.
He can never be banned but you try it, u get kicked out.
Afonjas&Igbo's @work
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
Benita27:
I kind of feel bad for the Nigerians who patronise that movie. cheesy grin cheesy grin

I can't imagine myself watching a movie where the lead cast turned English language upside down. Worst of all, Nigerian parents seat and watch the rubbish with their kids and expect them to speak good English. These things have negative effect on kids mostly, I see it in Adults, some people trying to sound like Jennifa.

I'd rather use my time to watch the Kardashians.

See honestly speaking I watch that kadashians abi na weitin u call am

The movie u are comparing to jennifer diary is based on fashion sence but jennifer's diary talks more on morals..

You can imagine a movie that explains more on morals especially in the society we have found ourselves in this country!!!
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
Martin0:

See honestly speaking I watch that kadashians abi na weitin u call am

The movie u are comparing to jennifer diary is based on fashion sence but jennifer's diary talks more on morals..

You can imagine a movie that explains more on morals especially in the society we have found ourselves in this country!!!
Her English is a turn off.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nov6(m): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
omenka:
What the hell is epic about the response? I guess it is simply because she's a "celebrity". We see alot more fatal and clever replies to ignorant comments even by underaged on this forum. Here we have a boring reply and someone calls it "epic".

Mstcheeew.
some phrase i just been used without knowing the meaning or should i say not knowing when to use them
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nov6(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
bbbabes:
The ugly mofo got bad words for her mouth

you fine pass am?
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nov6(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
free2ryhme:
Some people don't know when to be smart even game of thrones get ending unlike the useless jenifa diary that has outlived it's usefulness

until we see the end then we will know it has an end..
For now GOT continues....
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
romeorails:
Baba I tire o, Wt message kardashians pass. And u hear that girl berate jeniffer's diary for Kardashian.
Would she prefer her kids watch a comic jenifa or a slothful kardashian angry
I said I prefer the Kardashians for reasons best known to me. I can't give my kids adult contents to watch, that's what most Nigerian parents don't do when parenting.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
Benita27:
I kind of feel bad for the Nigerians who patronise that movie. cheesy grin cheesy grin

I can't imagine myself watching a movie where the lead cast turned English language upside down. Worst of all, Nigerian parents seat and watch the rubbish with their kids and expect them to speak good English. These things have negative effect on kids mostly, I see it in Adults, some people trying to sound like Jennifa.

I'd rather use my time to watch the Kardashians.

No doubt about the way English is been used about the movie but u see it been corrected in the moves by whoever is going to reply her...

“Funke with her programme has introduced this
kind of English used among young people which is
normally said in a funny way.
“The way and manner the language is used will
even attract your attention and can make you
laugh.
And when u watch deep u withness how it is been corrected when the are replying her..
This help those who makes mistakes in English to stand a chance to be corrected privately when the wacth the movie..
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Benita27:
Her English is a turn off.

Yeah I agree but when u watch don't u see how it is been corrected in replies

The kadashians or what if it in nigeria only fashion designer's and the celebrities will be so intrested to watch it trust me..
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
Benita27:
I said I prefer the Kardashians for reason best known to me. I can't give my kids adult contexts to watch, that's what most Nigerian parents don't do when parenting.
eh eh wait ooo how much be ur bride prize u would be a good parent,now I see why dat dud accost u ..
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
Martin0:
eh eh wait ooo how much be ur bride prize u would be a good parent,now I see why dat dud accost u ..
Marriage isn't in the picture at the moment.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by shadrach77: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
Funke is extremely foolish to have (a) replied the fan the way she did (b) to continue airing that tasteless show called Jenifas Diary. It obviously shows a lack of creativity on her part. What is the programme even teaching kids? That education cannot change a person?

Zebrudaya alias 4:30 also used to speak bad English but he was acting the role of an old man who had become used to his ways. But the Jenifa role is that of a young lady and it's hard to see why a young woman would be unable to brush up herself education-wise cry kiss

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Benita27:
Marriage isn't in the picture at the moment.
Yeah I know,but I just dey tell u my mind incase
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by RayOB1: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hardeysolution:
Twitter and some Nigerians.. ..inatead of dealing with their lives. ...

He tried to say she's doing nonsense and that the series is useless.. ..and someone is saying that reply is too harsh. ...

Birds of same feathers. ....

She's doing nonsense and the series is useless...
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by RayOB1: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
hibee4uall:

Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small, you can contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU

My brother no dey law school Oga/Mama Ade.... Try again
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
phayvoursky:
I don't know if its the present situation of things in Nigeria telling on most of us but Nigerians are becoming to harsh and unloving lately.

You dare not go to the market and price anyhow, those women fit pour you pepper water out of annoyance.

@ thread: I have nothing to say.

Lately you say? Nigerians have always been rude since time immemorial, nothing to see here.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by RayOB1: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
Martin0:

No doubt about the way English is been used about the movie but u see it been corrected in the moves by whoever is going to reply her...

“Funke with her programme has introduced this
kind of English used among young people which is
normally said in a funny way.
“The way and manner the language is used will
even attract your attention and can make you
laugh.
And when u watch deep u withness how it is been corrected when the are replying her..
This help those who makes mistakes in English to stand a chance to be corrected privately when the wacth the movie..

M.Sc. in Jenifa's Diary.....smh
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
RayOB1:

M.Sc. in Jenifa's Diary.....smh
oooooO which kin thing be dizzzzz speak weitin I go understand so that I can blast or reply u politely if u make sencegrin
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by mpowa(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
Lucario007:
Epic? No.
Arrogant and needlessly harsh? Yes.

The man asked a question, made his opinion. She didn't need to shoot him down so fast with the 'If you don't like it, don't watch it argument.'

That's just immature and frankly, doesn't display Funke in a good light.
Nothing harsh about her response, it's apt. What do you want her to do, you said you're tired of the show, stop watching then, problem solved, she no insult the guy na, she gave him the best solution, if it's easy let him go and create his own.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Martin0(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
ayenitre:

Lately you say? Nigerians have always been rude since time immemorial, nothing to see here.

Hahahahah my guy I just like this ur simple truth tell dem abeg eee..
My nigeria aawww chai (things fall apart)
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
Lol, reasons best known to u undecided cheesy uhmm
Benita27:
I said I prefer the Kardashians for reasons best known to me. I can't give my kids adult contents to watch, that's what most Nigerian parents don't do when parenting.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by MOSICATED5(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
Stupid question, its more like u asking someone when will u resign from work, how can u be asking her when she will end a show that gives her money. If u don't like the show don't u have alternatives. U should be asking where ur president is
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Philipsdael(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
My Fellow Nairalanders

Pls , I need any useful response on how to download this Jenifa's diary.

Bae, has been on my neck for some time now, requesting that I download the movie for her to watch and i wanna please her but I can't get the right site to download it....
She is coming to me side to spend her leave and I wish to have this Jenifa's diary movie for her!!!
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
phayvoursky:
I don't know if its the present situation of things in Nigeria telling on most of us but Nigerians are becoming to harsh and unloving lately.

You dare not go to the market and price anyhow, those women fit pour you pepper water out of annoyance.

@ thread: I have nothing to say.

I tell you...

Female Traders of Yoruba Origin are especially fond of this silly lousy uncouth attitude. Once you bargain the price of an item with them. They start abusing you in their language but the reverse is the case when they want to buy an item for you. They beg you with ridiculous prices. I avoid them each time I go to the market to get any item.
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by murmee: 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
HumanistMike:
The show is dumb anyway
Why are the CDs always a sellout if the show is dumb? I saw someone buying almost all the series last Wednesday. I wanted to buy series 5-6 for my niece and the seller said he just sold the last copy. Go to anywhere they sell Video CDs and see the way Jenifa's Diary sell more than pure water!
Re: Funke Akindele's Epic Response To A Fan Who Got Tired Of Jenifa's Diary by junnyjake(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
Setaje:
but the fan is not lying. by now Jennifer should have started speaking good English. she has over killed that character. its time to upgrade. At the beginning it was funny but its becoming boring. the last time she was warned about the constant wrong use of English but she replied almost the same way as this. seems she doesn't like to be criticised at all.

I agree with you, no matter how little the improvement.

She's over exaggerating everything.

She can speak better English while maintaining the funny Ibadan accent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Did A 2nd Coronavirus Test, Still Negative. Gives Update On Chioma's Case / Davido Brings His Daughter Imade On Stage At His Show (photo) / Yemi Alade Tells Fan: "I'm Not Fat, I Just Have A Well Rounded Booty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.