Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think (507 Views)

New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / Dedicated BRT Lanes: Is It Now Free For All? / Are The Dedicated BRT Lanes In Lagos Now Free For All? (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by AutoJoshNG: 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
BRT buses are actually life savers ,there are so many advantages .

It helps reduce pollution ,since it can accommodate about 10 times more people than an average car would .

The cost of tickets does not fluctuate,and its relatively cheaper.

But the problem with the BRT system is that its not being utilized optimally,so its actually causing more traffic than we think.Its increasing the very thing it was built to eradicate -Traffic

Here is what I mean :

Good enough there are many lanes presently ,but we don’t have a matching number of buses for optimal performance to reduce traffic.

Here is a deeper breakdown to explain my point :

Lets take Maryland-Anthony axis all the way to Fadeyi as our case study.

At any given period of 10 minutes the average maximum number of buses on the lane in view is two buses,sometimes no bus at all ! .

While other cars struggle for the other part of the road and staring at a long stretch of empty road they can’t use ,except for some daring drivers .

So, the Lagos state government is actually putting the cart before the horse .

There should be more buses first before more lanes are built .

Oh! if you are currently in Lagos,I need not tell you about the heavy traffic the on going constructions are causing.

One BRT bus with only passengers who are sitting down would accommodate almost three times what a regular Danfo would accommodate.And it would be about 7 times more people than the capacity of a Danfo if we have standing passengers included.

Hence we have a congested major road,with empty BRT lanes,for breeze to pass through,and to serve as a tourist attraction .

In my opinion, the only good and true benefit of these dedicated lanes currently is the easy pass it gives emergency services ,which is awesome !.

But when it comes to traffic reduction,the lanes are doing more harm than good,until more buses are put on those lanes.

I hope you get my point.

What do you think ?

Do you think this opinion is incorrect ?

Kindly tell us your angle if you disagree .

By Donald3d

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by simplyhonest(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
you are right bro...
Re: Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by torres89: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
my opinion

brt lane isn't a major cause of traffic

here's is the major cause

PLANNING

we just lack creative planning in this part of the world

how can construction or rehabilitation of major routes be carried out on a busy morning

what's wrong with working at night don't even mention no lights or electricity , cause that's a cheap excuse

2) heavy duty trucks , should have movement schedule. preferably at night.

if the points above are adhered to, am telling you the rate of traffic jam will reduce .

may God have mercy on the sense of the black man.

1 Like

Re: Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
How is that possible ...go to new york nah
Re: Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by Conner44: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
true there should be more buses. If there were enough brt busses many people would actually ditch their cars and take the bus to reach work early
Re: Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by MOSTEC(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
bookd
Re: Opinion - BRT Lanes Actually Cause More Traffic Than We Think by CarReg(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2017
New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle papers Renewal

Thanks for visiting CarReg here….. https://carreg.com.ng/ .
We look forward to working for you…

CarReg is a registered service & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery.

We assist to do:
• Change of ownership
• New vehicle registration.
• Vehicle license renewal,
• 3rd party or comprehensive insurance
• Road worthiness renewal as well.

We deliver to every part on Nigeria

Patronizing a corporate organization for vehicle papers renewal guarantees original vehicle documentations.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Access the various vehicle particulars services on: https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html or call us on 09090144706

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

C / I Want To Learn Blogging / Nigerians Residing In Ghana, How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.