Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted (5359 Views)

Presidency: Buhari Was Misquoted On Preferential Treatment / President Buhari Was Misquoted: Like An Old Wine,he Gets Better With Age- Adesin / New Wikileaks Revelations Implicates Aondoakaa, Julius Berger Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Imeobong(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2010
Special Duties Minister, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa has apologized to the Minister for Information and Communications, Dr. Dora Akunyili over a statement credited to him in an interview with a national daily where he asked Akunyili to “… go confront herself with what happened in NAFDAC.”

Akunyili had issued Aondoakaa a seven days ultimatum to clarify the statement or be dragged to court for libel.

But Aondoakaa who was recently demoted from the exalted position of Attorney General and Minister for Justice to Special Duties Minister in a letter dated February 9, 2010 where he addressed Akunyili as “My Dear Sister” he said he was only praising the performance of the Information Minister at the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, where she served as Director General.

According to the embattled former Attorney General, “while much of the quoted words can be rightly ascribed to me, the import of the last sentence to the effect that “let her go confront herself with what happened in NAFDAC”, was meant to be in the positive

“The correct import of the above quoted words is that the Hon. Minister had already earned a reputation for herself while at NAFDAC and needs not seek to do more by embarking on the present course of action to the detriment of a resolution already adopted unanimously by members of the FEC.”

It would be recalled that Aondoakaa had described Akunyili as a self-seeking office holder who wants to make herself a cheap hero.

Aondoakaa said: "Well, first, she did not understand the constitution and she is not following events in the country. I think she was just trying to make herself a cheap hero out of that. If you see what the Senate said, the Senate made an appeal. She does not need the FEC to make an appeal; she can also make her appeal.

"The Senate said it was appealing. You saw the spokesman of the Senate eventually came out and said they have no power to compel the man. Now, there is even a court decision that says that transmission of letter shall be voluntary. It is within the President.

"Bringing the memo to the FEC is just to make herself an angel. She wants to be seen as a populist. Whatever she wants to gain from it is still personal. None of the FEC members has disrespect for the Vice-President. As far as we are concerned, the VP is our leader and he is leading us. What she is trying to do is self-seeking; let her go and confront herself with what happened in NAFDAC.

"We are working as a team and the AGF is there. You cannot just come out as an island and take a decision and try to rock the boat without even consulting your colleagues. Just because the next day the press will bring you out and make you a hero and others as villains.

"But you will discover that out of the ministers, others are working assiduously to make the VP have full presidential powers without talking to anybody. In fact the public does not know that they are the ones working to make the VP assume full powers to carry the country forward. They don’t go to pages of the papers to talk but they are working tirelessly to make sure that this thing works and the country moves forward."

Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
shameless man tongue
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by chiozor: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin ;Dwhere are these nollywood producers
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by olafolarin(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
The biggest fool and fraud in Nigeria's politics after Akala.
He attacked Dora out of jealousy.
I hope Goodluck will sack this ingrate.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Imeobong(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2010
"MY DEAR SISTER" ke' "MY DEAR SISYER" ne'

See Aondoalaa begging a woman, I thought he was a tough guy after saying yesterday he has no regret over what he said or did while in office as AGF.

, the foolish man has now chicken out,,, WOMAN PASS MAN
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by oluclem(m): 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yeye man, He thought he is going to be AGF 4 life. Thank you President Goodluck for turning The yeye man intto an errand boy--------- special duties koo ooooooo, messenger niiiiiiii
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Godalone(m): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2010
He is a useless man.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2010
I have been arguing here for weeks. Yar'adua's so called kitchen cabinet are only powerful to the extent that Yar'adua is still in power. If there is no proof that Yar'adua is fit to continue in office this power will immediately evaporate.

Now there is a New Order in Aso Rock, if Dora Akunyili or anybody is lucky to find themselves very powerful in the new scheme of things they should handle it with the humility it deserves because power is transient.

Aondoakaa has appologised to Dora. Its time for Dora to move on. What is left of Aondoakaa will be finished by Jonathan in the months ahead. No need for Dora to get involved with Aondoakaa.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by morpheus24: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2010
Abeg make una comot that post before 419 boys go forge the signature wey dey that letter
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by vislabraye(m): 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
Kai, the guy fit fear. It is a double shame to be made to swallow back your words by a mere threat. Good for you. Shame Same Shame. You are a bigger disgrace than Morris Ewu Iwu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, , ,
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Imeobong(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2010
morpheus24:

Abeg make una comot that post before 419 boys go forge the signature wey dey that letter

@morpheus24

what will they forge his signature for Aondoakaa is finished, just like the man, his signature attracts scorn, 419 normally are sharp and will not even want to forge his signature
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Adennem(f): 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2010
nawoooo,  so Aondoakaa has appologised to Dora.  well for me I think Jonathan will soon finished him.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Parnassuss(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
By the grace of that is good, my humble Father grant me a minute with this Beast that i may vent my injured pride and pent vex. In the words of Joe Crack "Niggah I can see the bitch in your eyes!"
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by halflife: 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
Initially everyone knew he was an opportunist, and the real Lawyer has been put in the proper position so e should continue to be an errand boy, lol, the next on the list should Mr.Bicycle, I mean Ojo Madueke,
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by dustydee: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2010
;d
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by illusion2: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
I doof my heart for Dora . . .mehn. . . that woman has BALLS !!!!

See as useless Aodoaka dey beg  grin grin grin

BTW ,why is he still using AGF letter-head ?

This life ,one needs to be really careful !!!

Thumbs up Dora !

More politicians with conscience pleeeeeaase !!!
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by 1Emmy: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
Glory to God he apologized, I pray Akunyili should forgive the cynical man that wants to endanger this County because of his greed. That man is a devils incarnate.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by aieromon(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
Silly m0r0n,you're going down.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by deb(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
Adennem:

nawoooo,   so Aondoakaa has appologised to Dora.  well for me I think Jonathan will soon finished him.

Jonathan does not want to appear to be anti Yar'adua, but he will soon boot him out completely
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by deb(m): 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
I should guess Aondoakaa is the most hated B I T C H in Nigeria at the moment.
Even the dead and gone Abacha wasn't this hated
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Beaf: 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
This new dispensation is a wicked one o! grin
They want to disgrace Andoakaa totally. They first made him special duties "minister" (that means he cuts Goodlucks grass, washes Goodlucks car, cleans Goodlucks wife's kitchen etc).
. . .Then imagine leaking a special duties "ministers" "misquoted" letter! grin grin grin grin grin grin

O Aondoakaa, how at the mighty fallen! grin Gboza!

I can't wait for Act 2, Scene 2.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2010
rotflmao grin grin
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by vigasimple(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
Guys, sorry that is not an apology.

I am a lawyer, and the statements in the letter is as evasive as you will get with a cunning and dishonest former AGF.

The fact remains that he try to tarnish the image of Mrs. Akunyili and was surprised at the fight back of the woman. I believe it is one of the reason why he was demoted.

If I was Mrs. Akinyuli, I wll ask for a proper apology and retraction of those stataments paragraph by paragreapgh, and ask the yeye man not to call me his ' dear sister,.

The man is a shameless half educated stupid advocate of Nigeria. He makes SAN really look cheap, I wonder whether there is a provision in the Bar Consituition to recall or demote him from being a SAN
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by preselect(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
i think this apology is the only good thing aond . . . (former AGF) has done since he came to ''power''. it takes a lot to humbly apologise publicy to a lady in nigeria. it is a good thing from him. now he has put burning coal in Dora's hand and she had better accept the apology graciously and move on.

aondokaaa(?) . . score card . .1/100000000010000
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2010
Beaf:

This new dispensation is a wicked one o! grin
They want to disgrace Andoakaa totally. They first made him special duties "minister" (that means he cuts Goodlucks grass, washes Goodlucks car, cleans Goodlucks wife's kitchen etc).
. . .Then imagine leaking a special duties "ministers" "misquoted" letter! grin grin grin grin grin grin

O Aondoakaa, how at the mighty fallen! grin Gboza!

I can't wait for Act 2, Scene 2.
@ beaf, abeg no kill me with laugh for here ooo. cheiiLWKMD grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed grin grin grin
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by safeact(m): 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
So dis man that has held us hostage and has been very full of himself can actually decend so low as par begging a lady. I guess he is dis kind of proud men that when they want to ask a lady for friendship, out of pride they will try and entice d lady with material things,if they see d girl is stuborn,they will come begging on their knees! Up Dora! Up Goodkuck!! up Chelsea!! Excuse me dance jare.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2010
I dont see why people are crowing like roosters here.

When Okonjo Iweala was transferred to foreign affairs or something, what was her offence?

like you people never heard the likes before?
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by coolier(f): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yeye man.
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
The downfall of a man, Aondoakaa u re done for,
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by IFELEKE(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2010
good riddance to bad nonsense. . .
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by egift(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
Power pass power! Na person wey never see who beat am, dey make mouth. Go Dora! And who say a stand by truth no dey pay well well?
Re: Aondoakaa Begs Akunyili, Says I Was Misquoted by Nigerd(m): 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
i no believe am,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Dr Alex Ekueme The Most Educated Man From The East? / APC Will Crumble And Disappear By 2014 - Okupe / Obama's Town Hall Meeting In South-Africa Today At 2:45pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.