Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Calabar 'clean And Green' - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Calabar 'clean And Green' (466 Views)

Ovonramwen Nogbaisi: The Oba Of Benin Conquered And Exiled To Calabar By British / Picture Of A Masquerade Pushing A Biker During Calabar Carnival / Calabar Bikers' Carnival 2016 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Calabar 'clean And Green' by goodintensions(m): 8:49am On Aug 05, 2017
ATTENTION
If you reside in calabar, I need your help. I just need you to share this post until it gets to CUDA or anyone who can help us out. The grotesque you are seeing is situated at Goldie market; The first street by Goldie before you get to UNICAL Goldie gate/small Gate.
This refuse plot is much worse than you see, it has a younger sibling in the street opposite it. Apparently, there used to be a large refuse bin in the market but ever since CUDA removed it, residents and market women have had no other choice than to dump their trash in the spot you see in this picture, which in the least say is half way on the road and someone's land. Residents in this area would testify that there is no nearby refuse container, the closest ones are at UWANSE and MOUNT ZION, which are about 500metres away from this area. The closest TRASH container to this place is in MALABOR (male hostel) UNICAL... Come to think of it, we cannot just walk with stacks of TRASH into the male hostel.......

This is an Appeal, it is not one of my humorous post. Residents in this area said they have written to CUDA many times yet nothing has been done. It is also relevant to note that this dustbin is about a year old.....
PLEASE SHARE this post until it gets the publicity that will catch the attention of the CUDA. Keep Calabar clean and Green.
PLEASE SHARE

(1) (Reply)

Hugs Are Too Painful I Hate Them!!! / See How Sahara Reporter's Sowere Defies Culture In His Bide To Take It Back / An African Damsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.