Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Is Your Name Written In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Name Written In Heaven? (2556 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Jesus Name Written On The Sky (video) / Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by PastorAde: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
[b]IS YOUR NAME WRITTEN IN HEAVEN?[/b

And the Lord said to Moses, whosoever has sinned against Me, him will I blot out of my book (Exodus 32:33, emphasis added).

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven (Luke 10:20, emphasis added).
But you are come to mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven….See that you refuse Him not that speaks (Hebrews 12: 22-23a, 25a, emphasis added).

He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels (Revelation 3:5).

God has a lot of books in heaven. One of the books is called the book of life in which are written the names of all that are washed in the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) and are therefore saved.
In the first passage above, God said to Moses: “whosoever has sinned against Me, him will I blot out of my book”. This means a sinner’s name cannot be found in the book of life, but in another book, the book of death and hell. What this tells us is that a lot of people that have died are either in heaven or hell. Understand, O reader, that people only go to heaven if their name is in the book of life. Conversely, people go to hell because they are sinners whose names are not in the book of life, but in the book of death and hell. This statement is true and worthy of all acceptation.

In the second passage above, Jesus told his disciples to rejoice because their names are written in heaven. And in the third passage we are told of the church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven. The word church in the Bible is derived from a Greek word “Ecclesia” which means “Called out ones”. Called out of what? Called out of the world of sinners. How do you get called out of the world of sinners? You get called out of the world of sinners when you hear and hearken to the gospel of the kingdom of God. When you believe and receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you become saved and He, Jesus, writes your name in the book of life. Jesus Himself said in the fourth passage above to him that overcomes: “the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels”. What are we to overcome and be clothed with white raiment and have our names written in the book of life? We must overcome sin, satan, and the world. No man can achieve this by the arm of flesh. Jesus Christ has achieved this feat for all men when He became our substitute on the cross of Calvary. He that knew no sin became a sin offering for us all. He was that Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the whole world (John 1:29). For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16). God has done His own part in giving Jesus for the whole world. We have to do our own part in believing in Jesus who died and rose from the dead. If you believe in Jesus and confess Him as your Lord and Savior, you will not perish but your name will be automatically written in the book of life. Those who don’t believe are condemned already (John 3:18b), and have their names out of the book of life. The greatest achievement of a man in this world is to ensure his name is written in the book of life before he dies. If anyone dies as a sinner he (or she) goes to hell because his (or her) name is not written in heaven. Is your name written in the book of life? If your answer is no or you are not sure, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. Write my name in the book of life in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com.
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by Raylight2(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yes Pastor
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by alimat2(f): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
@Post,

Everybody will surely go to heaven cos its consists of Paradise and Hell,it is now left 4 u to decide where u want ur name to be written and moreover names dnt just get written into any book be it paradise or Hell but it depends on what u are and what u do while on earth.

Raylight_1:

Yes Pastor

I believe u are referring to the Paradise aspect of the heaven,what condition guarantees u that ur name is written there, what hav u done so far 4 God,how many of his commandments hav u obey and how often d u obey d laws etc.So its not by mere words of mouth but actions of good deeds and the mercy of God that will make ones name be written in the book of Paradise and vice verse goes to Hell
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2010
Heaven is not Paradise I see no sense in this, but you are right about one thing though, the Greeks and Christians believe that Paradise is not far from Hell.

Your name cannot be on the list of those that go to heaven because St. Peter would have rubbed spit to clean and re-write it every time you sin and ask for forgiveness grin. he would be a frustrated gate-man by now.

What really happens is everyone's name is on the list of those going to hell (by default all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. pastors and imams included). so when you die, your value as a righteous person is calculated and if you do not make the cut-off mark, you go straight to HELL grin (where Ogaga is waiting for you). If you make the cut-off, then comes the post UME examinations. that you must pass before you enter heaven which is Are you catholic, protestant, Jew, Adventists, Mormon, baptist, Presbyterian, Redeemed, Winners, Celestial, OOO, 700-Club, MFM, Chosen, Jehovah Witness,Methodist, Anabaptist, Pentecostals, Brethren, Amish, Unitarians, Quakers , Charismatics, Anglicans, Episcopal, Coptic, Gnostic etc, If you fail this test, I pity you, you will find yourself back in HELL grin
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by abdulg: 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
this pastor has take time to write this massege. It is now left for us to pray to God to Write our name among those going to hevean shocked
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by orossy: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
For believers it is very important that our name is written in the book of life or heaven. Heaven is so real. We need to keep his commandment and do his will according to the manual of our life which is the bible.  smiley smiley smiley smiley wink grin smiley
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2010
alimat 2:

@Post,

Everybody will surely go to heaven cos its consists of Paradise and Hell,it is now left 4 u to decide where u want your name to be written and moreover names dnt just get written into any book be it paradise or Hell but it depends on what u are and what u do while on earth.

Every body will not go to heaven.

Rev. 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

heaven and hell are not in thesame place.Hell is not in heaven most references suggests htat hell is bellow. people go up to heaven and down to hell

Proverbs 15:24

The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

Isaiah 14:15

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Either it is a figurative expression, one thing is clear, hell is not in thesame place with heaven.
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2010
@ poster

It is not when a man receives Christ that his name get written in the book.Everybody's name is already written in the book of life either you are born again or not. But that does not guaratee that the name will remain there . God does not add name to the book of life ,he only remove names from it . When a man dies without receiving Eternal life in christ by being born again, his name will be removed from the book.God only remove names.

Exodus 32:32-33
Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. [33] And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Rev. 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by Raylight2(m): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2010
Everybody will surely go to heaven cos its consists of Paradise and Hell,it is now left 4 u to decide where u want your name to be written and moreover names dnt just get written into any book be it paradise or Hell but it depends on what u are and what u do while on earth.

Quote from: Raylight_1 on Yesterday at 04:30:28 PM
Yes Pastor

I believe u are referring to the Paradise aspect of the heaven,what condition guarantees u that your name is written there, what hav u done so far 4 God,how many of his commandments hav u obey and how often d u obey d laws etc.So its not by mere words of mouth but actions of good deeds and the mercy of God that will make ones name be written in the book of Paradise and vice verse goes to Hell

I'm by the grace of God saved and I know heaven is my home.
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by alimat2(f): 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
Raylight_1:

I'm by the grace of God saved and I know heaven is my home.

If u choose heaven to be ur home in my own case paradise is my home
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2010
alimat 2:

If u choose heaven to be your home in my own case paradise is my home

Whats d diff btw Paradise and Heaven?
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by alimat2(f): 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2010
@Toba

Read my first post of d thread
Re: Is Your Name Written In Heaven? by vivaladiva(f): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2010
its written on my posts, and thats good enof for me
but cld u sneak in n find out if its written in heaven, but then u wld ave to be dead to be able to do that
so fat chance of me getting a reply

(1) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Prophet David Elijah Who Survived 35 Hot Bullets / Witchcraft And Atheism... / The Real Meaning Of Easter Or Eostre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.