Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:06 PM

Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World (3083 Views)

If The Soul Is Immaterial How Does It Experience The 'heat' Of Hell ? / The Word 'SOUL' Is Of Which Language Origin Or Root? (your Opinion On This Pls) / Which Is More Precious In The Sight Of God? Money Or Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World by PastorAde: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2010
[center]YOUR SOUL IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN THE WHOLE WORLD[/center]

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man, that You are mindful of him? And the son of man, that You visit him? For you have made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet: (Psalm 8: 3-6).

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels (Mark 8: 36-38).

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all the things that are in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God abides for ever (1John 2:15-17).

Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity (Ecclesiastes 1:2).

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice because your names are written in heaven (Luke 10: 20).
God is the Creator of heaven and earth including human beings, male and female. Of all things created, animate or inanimate, man is the king; and has been given dominion over the works of God’s hands. The soul of man is therefore more precious, important, and superior than the whole world created by God. There is nothing in this world that can be exchanged in preference to the soul of man.

Jesus Christ asked a potent question in the second Scriptures above: “What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul?” Everything man gains in this world, be it degrees, fame, riches, or popularity, cannot equal the soul of a man. All the riches or accomplishments a man make in this world will be left behind after death. The Bible tells us the world will pass away and the lust thereof. The soul of man also passes away after death. But while alive you should gain your soul and not lose it. To gain your soul means to save one’s life, while to lose one’s soul means to lose one’s life and perish. But how does a man ensure his soul is saved and his name written in the book of life? There’s only one Savior of the world whose name is Jesus – “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). The only way you can gain your soul is by receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Once you receive Him, He becomes the Bishop (Overseer) and Shepherd of your soul and writes your name in the book of life. Those who will rather gain the whole world would suffer a double loss namely, their soul and the whole world they so craved. The Bible tells us “Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, all is vanity. All the lust of this world is vanity.  It is better to lose the world and gain your soul by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Do you wish to gain your soul and have your name written in the book of life? If so, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. Write my name in the book of life. Thank you Lord for saving my soul in Jesus precious Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World by jagunlabi(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
You are quite right that my soul is very precious.That is why i am not going to hand it over to religion to be corrupted.It is mine, so i am keeping it safe with me where it belongs. smiley wink
Re: Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World by Zodiac61(m): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2010
How much for a prayer? Do the rates depend on what I want, for instance do I pay more for wealth than for deliverance from backache?
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World by jagunlabi(m): 7:11am On Feb 12, 2010
The rate has to be flat like the punishment flatrate for sins, i guess.There is nothing more divine like the christian god's sense of fairness. wink
Zodiac61:

How much for a prayer? Do the rates depend on what I want, for instance do I pay more for wealth than for deliverance from backache?
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Inspires Contina, 2.5yr Old Girl / And Jehovah Lied! / Evidence Of A Culture Of Sexual Abuse At TB Joshua's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.