Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Atheists Spoilt Everything - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Atheists Spoilt Everything (2208 Views)

Man Spoilt By His Girlfriend Shows Off All She Bought For Him As He Advises Othe / Life With Spoilt Neighbours / Life With Spoilt Neighbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Spoilt Everything by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2017
Seeing Explorers topic about the evolution of Bikinis/Beach wears on FP I weep for this world.

Because of this evil beast named atheism the standards for morality have sorely depleted. People dont consider conscience anymore they just go on and do whatever they like so long it pleases them and the law is not in their tails: Stealing is allowed so long you can evade the law (not caught) prostitution and indecency so long you are minding your business and not causing harm to people.

Why should we care about morality since atheism teaches people that there is no God (Al powerful, al knowing holy and uncomproming spotless being), in their ideology the constitution is the supreme power, but since man made the constitution and man can change it then why dont we all strive to be in a position of influencing the constitution to suit us as we wish.

Thereby making all means and vices to get to power blameless because thats all that matters since there isnt any recompence nor reward for evil, makin useless the saying what goes around comes around and the law of karma worthless. Because according to the atheist If the above is not controlled by man then its non-existant.

Think about this
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by ProudtobeaMUMUM(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2017
I wouldn't say the atheists, They have no hand in this, all religion have a hand in this, Atheists have nothing to do with indecency
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2017
ProudtobeaMUMUM:
I wouldn't say the atheists, They have no hand in this, all religion have a hand in this, Atheists have nothing to do with indecency
Atheism set the stage by removing all moral ground to fear the unknown thereby shaking the balance of nature
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by NairalandCS(m): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Atheism set the stage by removing all moral ground to fear the unknown thereby shaking the balance of nature

Its funny how Christians blame everything on Satan, Atheism, etc but themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Goodlyhrt(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2017
NairalandCS:

Its funny how Christians blame everything on Satan, Atheism, etc but themselves.

Do u believe that there is a satan?
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by ProudtobeaMUMUM(m): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2017
Bro just stop all this, am a christian, and I will tell you that we have failed God, we are mostly responsible for all this atrocities evolving in the world, Take a look at what some ladies wear to church
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Davidgrey: 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Seeing Explorers topic about the evolution of Bikinis/Beach wears on FP I weep for this world.

Because of this evil beast named atheism the standards for morality have sorely depleted. People dont consider conscience anymore they just go on and do whatever they like so long it pleases them and the law is not in their tails: Stealing is allowed so long you can evade the law (not caught) prostitution and indecency so long you are minding your business and not causing harm to people.

Why should we care about morality since atheism teaches people that there is no God (Al powerful, al knowing holy and uncomproming spotless being), in their ideology the constitution is the supreme power, but since man made the constitution and man can change it then why dont we all strive to be in a position of influencing the constitution to suit us as we wish.

Thereby making all means and vices to get to power blameless because thats all that matters since there isnt any recompence nor reward for evil, makin useless the saying what goes around comes around and the law of karma worthless. Because according to the atheist If the above is not controlled by man then its non-existant.

Think about this
What now!! undecided

I'm AGNOSTIC

Your ignorance stinks to the high heavens(Metaphor)

Atheism to my verified knowledge about it "doesn't promote moral indecency" that thinking emanates from the literal representation of what you were told by an opinionated subjective man that you never met and his tales written in a book

You can't blame an intelligent person from doubting the existence of a god that the only "proofs" that can be presented are "written text" that were arranged and complied by man(subjective, opinionated and dogmatic)

Having said that......... Atheism has/will never lead to the decay of moral civility, Human being are who they are | If you need the fear of a god and the promise of paradise to be decent then you are clearly not a decent person. #incontrovertible truth

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2017
Davidgrey:
What now!! undecided

I'm AGNOSTIC

Your ignorance stinks to the high heavens(Metaphor)

Atheism to my verified knowledge about it "doesn't promote moral indecency" that thinking emanates from the literal representation of what you were told by an opinionated subjective man that you never met and his tales written in a book

You can't blame an intelligent person from doubting the existence of a god that the only "proofs" that can be presented are "written text" that were arranged and complied by man(subjective, opinionated and dogmatic)

Having said that......... Atheism has/will never lead to the decay of moral civility, Human being are who they are | If you need the fear of a god and the promise of paradise to be decent then you are clearly not a decent person. #incontrovertible truth
You've ended up being more foolish than I thought.

Have you asked yourself what is the origin of morality...

That aside your postulation that Humans can co-habit without the fear of a higher power is flawed and yes humans cannot live moralily without the fear or reward or recompense of a higher power

Look up the word ''conscience''

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by QuietHammer(m): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
Goodlyhrt:

Think about this

This is the dumbest thing I've read this month.
cc: seun, hopefullanlord, hahn, johnnydon22, darkrebel69.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by DarkRebel69: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
QuietHammer:

This is the dumbest thing I've read this month.
cc: sen, hopefullalord, han, johnydon22, darkebel69.

Maybe not dumb, but no doubt a large litter of ignorance. I hope I wasn't quoted because I'm wrongly thought of as an atheist, because I'm not one.

@OP, "Is the Pious pious because he is loved by the gods, or is the Pious pious because he is pious?", said Socrates to Euthyphro.

Ask yourself, which is the nobler of the two, to be good and upright without any promise of happiness nor fortune in the after-life, or to be good and upright only on pain of eternal damnation in Hell?

I think it's been long debunked that morality and religiosity are mutually exclusive as some like to believe, one can surely exist without the intrusion of the other. It's a cognitive failure to think there can be no sense of right or evil without religion. Man has always known it's a crime against Nature to murder his fellow man, even long before the advent of the Bible or Qu'ran. We have our super-egos (conscience), don't we?

A cursory glance at the Nigerian clime would put paid to your irresponsible claims, 'cause what you'll find is a country teeming with churches and mosques, and yet remains rife with corruption, public thievery, and social injustice. Perhaps the dung on the rotten cake is that the executors of these sins are usually of the religious ilk. What happened to religion instilling goodness in people's hearts?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by QuietHammer(m): 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Maybe not dumb, but no doubt a large litter of ignorance. I hope I wasn't quoted because I'm wrongly thought of as an atheist, because I'm not one.

@OP, "Is the Pious pious because he is loved by the gods, or is the Pious pious because he is pious?", said Socrates to Euthyphro.

Ask yourself, which is the nobler of the two, to be good and upright without any promise of happiness nor fortune in the after-life, or to be good and upright only on pain of eternal damnation in Hell?

I think it's been long debunked that morality and religiosity are not quite mutually exclusive as some like to believe, one can surely exist without the intrusion of the other. It's a cognitive failue to think there can be no sense of right or evil without religion. Man has always known it's a crime against Nature to murder his fellow man, even long before the advent of the Bible or Qu'ran. We have our superegos (conscience), don't we?

A cursory glance at the Nigerian clime would put paid to your irresponsible claims, 'cause what you'll find is a country teeming with churches and mosques, and yet remains rife with corruption, public thievery, and social injustice. Perhaps the dung on the rotten cake is that the executors of these sins are usually of the religious ilk. What happened to religion instilling goodness in people's hearts?
My apologies.

I just had to listen to Allegri's Miserere again. Wonderful!
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by DarkRebel69: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
QuietHammer:

My apologies.

I just had to listen to Allegri's Miserere again. Wonderful!

Indeed, it's a wonderful piece of music. More interesting perhaps is the fascinating history behind it.
When Gregorio Allegri composed the piece and after it was performed by the Vatican's choir during the Tenebrae service on the Holy Week, it was so good that Pope Urban VIII banned it from being performed outside the Sistine Chapel. Whoever dared perform it outside of the Vatican walls was to face excommunication from the Church. Copies of the music were given to only three individuals: the Holy Roman Emperor, the King of Portugal, and a cardinal. Even so, the copies given to them lacked the special ornamentation of the original composed by Allegri.

In fact, we are only able to hear of it today because of the initiative and ingenuity of fourteen-year old Mozart. Mozart went to Rome with his dad, Leopold, heard the Miserere for the first time, then went home and transcribed the entire piece from memory. Impressive, innit? He went back on the second day of the Tenebrae so he could hear it again and make corrections, before sending it to Charles Burney in England, wherefrom it spread far and wide. It was only then, when the Vatican's prized musical secret had been leaked by Mozart that Pope Clement IV lifted the sanction that had been imposed on it. Not only that, Pope Clement IV was very impressed with Mozart's brilliance and feat of memory, so that he bestowed knighthood on him.

That version on my profile is Mozart's version, and not quite what you'll hear from the Vatican choir, although it remains mesmeric in its own rights.
Here, I've posted the original version for your benefit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8fI72TFFKY
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Davidgrey: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
You've ended up being more foolish than I thought.

That aside your postulation that Humans can co-habit without the fear of a higher power is flawed and yes humans cannot live moralily without the fear or reward or recompense of a higher power

Look up the word ''conscience''
lol!!! As always unbacked ignorant ramblings

You think that something is true yet have no evidence to support your claims and want people to think that way undecided

You can't impose ignorant gibberish on people and expect people to look away

I don't have issues with whatever form of religious delusion you choose to embed yourself in.......My only concern is correcting your "obvious" lies with "objectively verifiable truths"

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by QuietHammer(m): 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Indeed, it's a wonderful piece of music. More interesting perhaps is the fascinating history behind it.
When Gregorio Allegri composed the piece and after it was performed by the Vatican's choir during the Tenebrae service on the Holy Week, it was so good that Pope Urban VIII banned it from being performed outside the Sistine Chapel. Whoever dared perform it outside of the Vatican walls was to face excommunication from the Church. Copies of the music were given to only three individuals: the Holy Roman Emperor, the King of Portugal, and a cardinal. Even so, the copies given to them lacked the special ornamentation of the original composed by Allegri.

In fact, we are only able to hear of it today because of the initiative and ingenuity of fourteen-year old Mozart. Mozart went to Rome with his dad, Leopold, heard the Miserere for the first time, then went home and transcribed the entire piece from memory. Impressive, innit? He went back on the second day of the Tenebrae so he could hear it again and make corrections, before sending it to Charles Burney in England, wherefrom it spread far and wide. It was only then, when the Vatican's prized musical secret had been leaked by Mozart that Pope Clement IV lifted the sanction that had been imposed on it. Not only that, Pope Clement IV was very impressed with Mozart's brilliance and feat of memory, so that he bestowed knighthood on him.

That version on my profile is Mozart's version, and not quite what you'll hear from the Vatican choir, although it remains mesmeric in its own rights.

Mozart was really a musical genius. I still get the chills whenever I attempt his K545.
Unfortunately, as it was in the case of Bach, fascinating compositions like this are forever lost.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by 100naira(m): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
DarkRebel69:

the one I listened to is the Tallis scholars version. Do you know any other songs that are like this? This type of songs soothes my mind.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by DarkRebel69: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2017
100naira:
the one I listened to is the Tallis scholars version. Do you know any other songs that are like this? This type of songs soothes my mind.

Did you listen to the Tallis scholars' version before today?

Sure, here are some you might enjoy, they are all used in Catholic liturgy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3H5f7oePQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Glyu7tEWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xX8tWaTx4
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by 100naira(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Did you listen to the Tallis scholars' version before today?

Sure, here are some you might enjoy, they are all used in Catholic liturgy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3H5f7oePQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Glyu7tEWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xX8tWaTx4
yes since last year.

Thanks for the links
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
Op blame it on we Christians.
We stopped living the Christian life long ago. All what we do now is eye service Christianity.

How pure is you personal life ?

How many of We Christians can claim to be CHRISTIAN ? in all honesty ?
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by hopefulLandlord: 6:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Goodlyhrt:

I see you abandoned your own thread after being whooped but I'm actually very interested in the above

kindly educate us by telling us the origin of morality and provide proof of it, go ahead
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Well more people have been killed in God's name than anything. If anything Atheist are a safe bet than Religious people, God forbid your maker tells you to come for my head.....wait is that Islam or Roman Catholic can't tell they both swing swords over your head the same way lol.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:40am On Sep 23, 2017
Goodlyhrt:

Think about this
beautiful piece. God bless you for this.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by dederocs(m): 6:44am On Sep 23, 2017
The hypocrisy in religion n makes the young upcoming youths disenfranchised from it, it's not real there, it's just tricks....we all can't be blind zombies, some do see.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2017
Joeblack01:
Op blame it on we Christians.
We stopped living the Christian life long ago. All what we do now is eye service Christianity.

How pure is you personal life ?

How many of We Christians can claim to be CHRISTIAN ? in all honesty ?
am not sure you can be the christian the bible teaches you to be without being taged as an extremist.
Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 23, 2017
Athiests made dese guys below commit adultery too. Made apostle suliaman buy car nd house for daniella okeke cheesy

Re: Atheists Spoilt Everything by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I see you abandoned your own thread after being whooped but I'm actually very interested in the above

kindly educate us by telling us the origin of morality and provide proof of it, go ahead
I will oblige you b'cos I know you need help.

For a start do you think that humans are naturally moral? If YES, I think you are wrong because how can you explain people that do evil? If your answer is NO, then why do people do good or are moral. At this juncture you can choose to add the government, law, societal codes and anything that has to do with rules.

You and I know that anything that comes with rules has rewards and reccompense. Dont you think these breeds fear? Then the issue of superstitions is never far behind.

Humans are unreliable, the laws might fail and the questions of 'What ifs' pops up. These are superstitions. Sadly you atheists choose to ignore it, but it is everywhere, uncertainty is everywhere.

Mind you morality started with superstition. Uncertainty birthed the Government and everyother institution, pushing us to know even the unkwnown that we dread, which in itself is superstitious also.

I think I've answered your question and you should now know the relationship between God and superstition.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ loves you beloved / Help A Nairalander Get To This Address In Lagos! / A Secret Sexual Abuse By A Ghanian Tailor (HOT VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.