Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Have you Read the Quran Before? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have you Read the Quran Before? (2751 Views)

Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible / Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / A Must Read: The Dust Raised By John Kumuyi's Wedding! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2005
The Koran is a revelation and a book from God according to the Muslims. It has been read all over the world since it was revealed. I want you to indicate whether or not you have read this book before in any language.

What feelings did it arouse in you? Which chapter or verse did you read? When was that, who introduced it to you and how frequently do you read the book? It would be great for you to share your experience with members of this forum.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by otokx(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2005
i have not read it before.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2005
Nope i havent.....who is the author of the book?
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2005
I have read the Quran several times back to back. The first time I did that was in 1977 in Arabic. I have also read it in English. Having grown up under a christian mother, I found a lot of similarities between the Quran and Bible.

By the way, the Author of the Quran is the Creator of the Universe. You wont but accept this because of lots of secrets revealed in the Quran about the Universe which an arab in the person of Muhammad could not have fathom on his own account without the machinations of the Owner of the Secrets.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by layi(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2005
I have read the qoran. i was born into a muslim household. i only stopped short of doing my wolimat

Anyway i am a christian now.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2005
Layi, It's good to know you read the Quran before. I presume that was done in Arabic with little comprehension of the meanings and messages as is the practice in Yorubaland. Perhaps you should pick a translated copy and see what the experience would be like.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2005
are you presuming if he had read the yoruba version he wouldnt have made a decision as to his present belief stand?
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2005
Even if he changed to his present believe, reading and comprehending the Quran will make him more informed and a better person
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 5:15am On Dec 19, 2005
so so, maybe.....maybe not.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 8:27am On Dec 19, 2005
I think he should try and you too
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2005
I will gladly, if i can lay my hands on one to further strengthen my knowledge of the "prince of this earth"
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2005
You can download a free copy of the Quran from here http://www.submission.org/quran/ . Happy reading
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by layi(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2005
I have an english version but its same. I didnt change because i could comprehend the words. I changed because Islam is pure but empty and thats not what i need. I got real LIFE in christ.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2005
can you be more specific
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2005
nuru i admire your spirit and approach, Layi please be more specific
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by layi(m): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2005
In what ways? I cant put down lots of texts here so i need guidance.

Its empty. Its just a religion with no life/power. Christianity is a way of life not a religion of fanatics. I fellowship with the holy spirit and its made more diff than i had all my life in islam.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2005
It is not about fellowship with spirits, its about knowledge of the Truth and its admission even if one does not follow it. I can bet that at a time you claim to have been a muslim, it was just because your parents lured you in. This thread is an invitation for Self discovery and you cannot do that unless you approach every issue with open mind. At least by reading the Quran and trying to understand it, you would be a more informed christian if you still choose to be one and if God so wish and you reconvert to Islam, you would have gotten a good proof.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2005
It's all about understanding ourselves better for the peace of the world and our personal salvation.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by kismat: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2005
@layi,

It would be nice to understand what made you become a christian. Does reading the bible or/and the concept of trinity make you understand God better than reading the Quran?
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by layi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2005
"The Ends justifies the means"

I found God through Christianity. So much difference in my life. My parents didnt lure me into islam any more than ur parents.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2005
you got that right layi, we were born into a religion but we chose our way of life ultimately and if you stick to one and defend it just because you were born into it and not because you have found life in it, then i must say you are a most miserable one....i pray you continue to increase in the knwoledge of his will, layi.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2005
What we are talking of is the reading of the Quran, you should not be afraid of that. Its not about changing or not changing to islam, it is about being knowledgeable of the tuth it contains. It is only God that gives the grace for one to follow the truth but you should at least try to know it.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nicetohave(m): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2005
Yeah i will read when i get some time to do so, not that its going to change my stand because i already have life in Christ Jesus.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by nuru(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2005
Peace, Love, Respect and Understanding amongst ourselves is important . Anybody else in the House to tell us his experience on the Quran.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by Softee(f): 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2006
We thank God for your life layi! He has BIG
layi:

In what ways? I can't put down lots of texts here so i need guidance.

Its empty. Its just a religion with no life/power. Christianity is a way of life not a religion of fanatics. I fellowship with the holy spirit and its made more diff than i had all my life in islam.

We thank God for your life layi! He has BIG plans in store for you

By the way, i have read parts of the koran
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by TYPOP(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2006
Thank God this did not lead to an arguement
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by mukina2: 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2007
yes i have .and i love it kiss

my favourtie being suratul mariam kiss
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by NiteAngel(m): 12:09am On Feb 27, 2007
I read the Quaran sometime ago while working on a research project. Unfortunately I can't recollect the exact surat that appealed to me but the verse says something like - those who believe Yisa (Jesus) will be more exaulted than others wink I'll look it up again to get the exact quote and surat.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by olutomiwa(m): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2007
layi:

In what ways? I can't put down lots of texts here so i need guidance.

i hope someone is reading this,@mukina,@babs787 and others where una dey?make u shine your eyes before its too late.Layi my brother i thank God for your life,enjoy yourself in christ.
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by DorisB(f): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2007
thanks layi for defeating yourself,sorry to say,islam is not a religion of peace but of conflict,because down here north in Nigeria,they kill human beings like goats,all in the name of their god,it looks like sacrifice to me.is that peace?Nuru pls tell me whats the meaning of Jihad? sad
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by DorisB(f): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2007
thanks layi for defending yourself,sorry to say,islam is not a religion of peace but of conflict,because down here north in Nigeria,they kill human beings like goats,all in the name of their god,it looks like sacrifice to me.is that peace?Nuru pls tell me whats the meaning of Jihad? sad
Re: Have you Read the Quran Before? by mukina2: 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2007
olutomiwa:

i hope someone is reading this,@mukina,@babs787 and others where una dey?make u  shine your eyes before its too late.Layi my brother i thank God for your life,enjoy yourself in christ.

hey look . wont you guys leave my name alone angry
he expressed his own opinion and not  every one's own .
i am a muslim let me be
leave me alone angry
stay where you are . i believe in my Religion
believe in urs leave me alone angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vision Of Ebola: Let Us Stop It With Prayer From Coming Back To Nigeria (urgent) / 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God / Life After Death – What Happens After We Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.