Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,956 members, 7,803,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding (3592 Views)

Recommend Site Where One Can Get Web Development Projects For Practice / Challenge For Javascript Beginners/intermidiate / Coding Challenge For Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding by 4our: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
thepussyhunter:

okay
but my phone get issues and na system i dey use log in nl for now sha..............latest friday i suppose get am back
you can delete it, calling you now pls pick
Re: Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
4our:
you can delete it, calling you now pls pick

oh that was you

sorry i didnt pick......dont usually answer calls with unknown numbers after my last experience where a crazy dude called using a hidden number to warn me to stay off his girl

could you try calling back
Re: Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding by orimion(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
deedat205:
There is a stubborn challenge I want you guys to try out on Hackerrank
https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/separate-the-numbers/problem

The challenge was rated easy, but I think medium would have been appropriate to describe its complexity

The challenge is to determine if a string has numbers that are consecutive with a difference of 1.
Example 1234, 91011 and 99100 should all return YES
while something like 101113, 2325 should both return NO

https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/separate-the-numbers/submissions/code/51981004

It was definitely not easy
Re: Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding by deedat205(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding by deedat205(m): 9:04am On Aug 18, 2017
orimion:

https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/separate-the-numbers/submissions/code/51981004

It was definitely not easy

I'm just curious on why u chose Haskell. It has unfamiliar syntax. I use python because of its simplicity. I'm yet to see any language as easy as python
Re: Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding by orimion(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
deedat205:

I'm just curious on why u chose Haskell. It has unfamiliar syntax. I use python because of its simplicity. I'm yet to see any language as easy as python
I'm yet to see one as concise and high level as Haskell, just say what you want. And recursion is sexy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quiting My Job To Venture Into Tech At 28 - Advice Needed. / Sine Wave Inverter Using Arduino / 10 Free Python Ebooks So That People Can Learn As They Make Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.