Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back (9472 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan / Where Does "The Young And Chisco Transport Going To Abidjan Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2017
Who would love the idea of a road trip from Lagos to abidjan back to Lagos

Lagos - Cotonou - Lome - Accra - abidjan then abidjan - Accra - Lagos.

A tourist road trip. If interested mention me so we all plan together.

It should be a 2 weeks tour.

Start date should be around 3rd to last week of November

Day 1: Lagos to Cotonou

We would choose 3 locations here to visit, they also have lovely beaches.

We would spend a day and 2 nights here

Day 3: Cotonou to Lome

Same as we did in Cotonou, locations is open to participants choice.

We would spend a day and 2 nights too

Day 5: Lome to Accra

There are lots of options in Ghana. I would update the thread on tour locations while we all read up on it to check if it catches our interest.

We would spend 3 days 2 nights

Day 9: Accra to abidjan

We would contribute on location if you are interested while I get to update the thread as we go

We would spend 2 days 3 nights

Day 12: abidjan to Accra

Day 13: Accra to lagos

Please opinions are welcomed

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by lenghtinny(m): 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
What are the terms and conditions angry
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
I love this idea if 100 grand can take me there I am in
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Nihilist: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
Sounds like a great idea in theory, although I would have assumed that this is the sort of trip you have with close friends, not strangers recruited off the internet...

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2017
Nihilist:
Sounds like a great idea in theory, although I would have assumed that this is the sort of trip you have with close friends, not strangers recruited off the internet...

Bro I really admire the manner you render your opinion, but I actually brought it here so I could share ideas and attract like minds. Close friends might not share your likes you know. All the same I am honored

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2017
Piiko:
I love this idea if 100 grand can take me there I am in

That is why the thread is here, I would do all the ground work, but we do the planning on this thread atleast for now. Thanks for stopping by

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2017
lenghtinny:
What are the terms and conditions angry

You must be above 18 at least for now
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Nihilist: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2017
kagari:

Bro I really admire the manner you render your opinion, but I actually brought it here so I could share ideas and attract like minds. Close friends might not share your likes you know. All the same I am honored

Oh seen. Thanks for the compliment too.

Where would you have in mind in Lagos anyway? I've heard there are some mad beach resorts now

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
Nihilist:

Oh seen. Thanks for the compliment too.

Where would you have in mind in Lagos anyway? I've heard there are some mad beach resorts now

Lagos is another project entirely, yea lots of cool beaches

Won't know about resorts cause you know we tourists work on a budget angry but Lagos has really lovely spots now. But its always tarkwa bay for me.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Still on the travel project, we need opinions here for the thread to move on
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
Like how much should someone budget for this?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Ugosample(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
As an experienced traveller here (pardon me for "bragging" , I can be of assistance to you.

I have one backpacked all the way to almost the Emd of west Africa, so take this as advice from my own personal experience.

Now you said you want a road trip, that is ok and cheaper, because flight rates have gone up (the last time I did LOS-ABJ, I paid almost 150k)

I hope you have an international passport, as this will make this trip easier for you.

Now for budgeting for two weeks, I will advise you go with as much money as you can, starting from N200k because to tell you the honest truth, naira don spoil, but it us regaining strength small by small.

N150k can still try, but you will be constrained.

So this is how you will go......

(stay tuned)

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 8:04am On Aug 11, 2017
Ugosample:
As an experienced traveller here (pardon me for "bragging" , I can be of assistance to you.

I have one backpacked all the way to almost the Emd of west Africa, so take this as advice from my own personal experience.

Now you said you want a road trip, that is ok and cheaper, because flight rates have gone up (the last time I did LOS-ABJ, I paid almost 150k)

I hope you have an international passport, as this will make this trip easier for you.

Now for budgeting for two weeks, I will advise you go with as much money as you can, starting from N200k because to tell you the honest truth, naira don spoil, but it us regaining strength small by small.

N150k can still try, but you will be constrained.

So this is how you will go......

(stay tuned)

Bro thanks, been following your west African comments.

Yea this is a planing stage, and I would appreciate your comments very much. Do you know places to visit in Cotonou and Abidjan. Do you still stay in Abidjan?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2017
Xlpacks:
Like how much should someone budget for this?

250000 sir, 4 countries asides Nigeria. Depending on agreement we can do a close-up tour in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Ugosample(m): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2017
kagari:

Bro thanks, been following your west African comments.

Yea this is a planing stage, and I would appreciate your comments very much. Do you know places to visit in Cotonou and Abidjan. Do you still stay in Abidjan?

Well, I hop in and hop out there days.
I don't have a permanent "base" in the interim....
But Abidjan has a special place in my heart.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Ugosample(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2017
kagari:

250000 sir, 4 countries asides Nigeria. Depending on agreement we can do a close-up tour in Lagos.

With 250k, you will be fine, and less constrained too.

In addition, an extra advantage you will get is that three out of the four countries (Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast) use the same currency, so you can change most of your money to CFA and you will be fine.

only Ghana use something different (cedis)

I must warn you tho, Ghana is an expensive place from the eyes of a Nigerian (especially in Accra) so get ready for that, as their currency is higher than ours (1 cedi to N90 +) and some of their stuff are overpriced.

6 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Ugosample(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2017
So places to visit....

In Lomé for example, the night life is okay and stuff there seems affordable, but in terms of fun things to do, nothing much , you could just hang out by the beach, or go to their fetish market to look at some mystical stuff there.
The city is quite small so you can go round it in a day sef

For Cotonou...Let me see...
The night life is electrifying there, certainly bigger than Lome and have more fun things to do, however many of the tourist sites are not In Cotonou proper, but Ouidah, ganvie and Porto novo (which are all in close proximity to each other)
So if you guys can find your way, you can visit the temple of pythons and the historical slave museum both in Ouidah, also in Ouidah is the place of no return, where slaves were passed through and Never came home, there is a monument there, and I also advise you take the journey to that plave on foot, so you have the feel of passing the same route that millions of slaves passed through before they left Africa for good.
Ganvie is floating on water so you guys will go round that place in canoe. You will love that too.

For Accra (Ghana) it is a bigger country than the first two I listed up there combined; So the commute between Accra and another city ( like say Kumasi or Cape coast) will be longer, so what I'll advise here is to just stick to Accra and cape coast.
In Cape coast, you will go to Kakum Natural park or so, it's a Chilling spot, and in addition, you get to do the canopy walk.
Also in Cape Coast you will see the slave castle (Elmina ) and other old buildings of more than 400 years old.
The beach is okay too

Then Accra, you go to the independence square, you will see some tourism stuff there. You can also go to Bojo beach, but the thing is that you have to take a boat to get to that beach, and that beach is cool.
You can also go to the mall, and even hang out in Osu at night

But remember, Ghana is expensive o, jiri nwayoo maka ego grin grin
Use an Uber taxi in Ghana too, it's cheaper, because you will be charged based on the distance and the time it took you to get there (I guess) But don't use uber inrush hour in Ghana o

You will SUFFER

Then Abidjan.....
Well, over there you can visit the beach, take a tour round the city, go to the zoo, enjoy the nightlife etc
You can even take a bateaux bus for the experience, going from one part of the city to the other on the lagoon, that one was so much fun for me, and its even cheap.
The main tourist attraction in Ivory coast is in Yamaousoukro. The biggest church building in the world (you can Google it)
That place and that city is very fine, and it is just like 2 hours away, so its a trip you can go and come back the same day,

Let me get back to work guys cheesy grin

I'll talk about suggestions on how to transport yourself between these countries later on.

Take care

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by megastu(m): 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
I used to be a lover of road trips, but when i tried it in West Africa, i almost regret. Seme border alone was 4 hrs. I enjoyed my stay at Ouidah though.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
kagari:

Lagos is another project entirely, yea lots of cool beaches

Won't know about resorts cause you know we tourists work on a budget angry but Lagos has really lovely spots now. But its always tarkwa bay for me.
any idea if it'll be possible to travel from lagos to accra via road and how much it may cost me?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
any idea if it'll be possible to travel from lagos to accra via road and how much it may cost me?

Very much possible sir
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 12:00am On Aug 12, 2017
megastu:
I used to be a lover of road trips, but when i tried it in West Africa, i almost regret. Seme border alone was 4 hrs. I enjoyed my stay at Ouidah though.

Please do share your experience sir. Would go a long way in guiding us in the thread
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 12:01am On Aug 12, 2017
Ugosample:
So places to visit....

In Lomé for example, the night life is okay and stuff there seems affordable, but in terms of fun things to do, nothing much , you could just hang out by the beach, or go to their fetish market to look at some mystical stuff there.

The night life is electrifying there, certainly bigger than Lome and have more fun things to do, however many of the tourist sites are not In Cotonou proper, but Ouidah, ganvie and Porto novo (which are all in close proximity to each other)
So if you guys can find your way, you can visit the temple of pythons and the historical slave museum both in Ouidah, also in Ouidah is the place of no return, where slaves were passed through and Never came home, there is a monument there, and I also advise you take the journey to that plave on foot, so you have the feel of passing the same route that millions of slaves passed through before they left Africa for good.
Ganvie is floating on water so you guys will go round that place in canoe. You will love that too.

For Accra (Ghana) it is a bigger country than the first two I listed up there combined; So the commute between Accra and another city ( like say Kumasi or Cape coast) will be longer, so what I'll advise here is to just stick to Accra and cape coast.
In Cape coast, you will go to Kakum Natural park or so, it's a Chilling spot, and in addition, you get to do the canopy walk.
Also in Cape Coast you will see the slave castle (Elmina ) and other old buildings of more than 400 years old.
The beach is okay too

Then Accra, you go to the independence square, you will see some tourism stuff there. You can also go to Bojo beach, but the thing is that you have to take a boat to get to that beach, and that beach is cool.

Use an Uber taxi in Ghana too, it's cheaper, because you will be charged based on the distance and the time it took you to get there (I guess) But don't use uber inrush hour in Ghana o

You will SUFFER

Then Abidjan.....
Well, over there you can visit the beach, take a tour round the city, go to the zoo, enjoy the nightlife etc
You can even take a bateaux bus for the experience, going from one part of the city to the other on the lagoon, that one was so much fun for me, and its even cheap.
The main tourist attraction in Ivory coast is in Yamaousoukro. The biggest church building in the world (you can Google it)
That place and that city is very fine, and it is just like 2 hours away, so its a trip you can go and come back the same day,

I'll talk about suggestions on how to transport yourself between these countries later on.

Take care

Thanks sir. Would be expecting

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 12, 2017
kagari:

Very much possible sir
cost of transportation to and fro. And how much equates a Naira with ceedis
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 2:15am On Aug 12, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
cost of transportation to and fro. And how much equates a Naira with ceedis

36000 should do to and fro.

CEDI's should be 85 - 90 naira a cedi
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by DreamDesire(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2017
Ugosample:
So places to visit....

The beach is okay too

You will SUFFER

Then Abidjan.....

Take care

Great information. Please send me a mail: dreamdesiretravels(at)gmail.com I have something to discuss with you. Thank you
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by niffiegee: 5:07am On Jan 21, 2018
Hello, so I'm learning to speak french and I'll be a doing a french immersion pretty soon probably after my B2 exams later this year
So I'd like some information about Abidjan. It's standard of living, hotel costs,places to visit,cost of travel to and fro(by road)

Thanks��
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by popizaino(m): 6:48am On Mar 22, 2018
Ugosample:
So places to visit....

The beach is okay too

You will SUFFER

Then Abidjan.....

Take care
Assinie too is also a very good tourist center.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
i think we would do this tour by jan 2019 and make it a monthly one
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by khatea: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2018
kagari:
i think we would do this tour by jan 2019 and make it a monthly one

Great thread, don't let it die pls. Why not December this year pls? I came into this thread planning against December

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by kagari: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
khatea:

Great thread, don't let it die pls. Why not December this year pls? I came into this thread planning against December

Lets put our contributions on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4284572/tweaking-travel-routes-time-cheap

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by sammystarr: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2019
Great ideas
Re: Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back by jpride(m): 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2021
How much does it cost to travel from Nigeria to Abidjan, and Abidjan to Nigeria by road?
Pls help, it's urgent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas / Europe By Land, A Suicide Mission! / Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.