Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) (68185 Views)

Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ / List Of Rice Producing States In Nigeria / Rotimi Williams, The Owner Of 2nd Largest Rice Farm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by sirfemoz(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
I wonder why a good thread like this has now been converted to bashing thread. If you guys so much hate South East, kindly allow them go and have their Biafra. Let's see if hunger will kill them or whether they will beg for food. Why so much hate, yet we all clamour for one Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
J
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Earthquake1: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
The links you posted doesn't lead anywhere, post the correct link @scholes0
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nototribalist: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
ODVanguard:
Ogun grows all kind of rice varieties… from long grain to ofada… you name it. They just don't make that much noise that's all.
ofada rice smell like cow shitt, who eats that?
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by marvin902(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
i thought the SE was producing @ full max.. undecided undecided
so what am i seeing now..
so after all the talk the north still beat you guys..
by the way never knew ogun was producing rice

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nextstep(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
opeaceo:

Here they go again! A very beautiful thread to debate on, you couldn't resist the evil urge in you to turn it upside down.

To the topic, if the duties on imported rice stands at 60%, why is the imported rice cheaper than the locally produced ones? Nigeria we hail thee.

Well this is part of the debate: why after all the noise made, does SE have such low, actually tabulated, rice production figures? Also it starts to put to question how that region could survive on its own... as in, what else are they touting that is actually not on ground?

But to your question, I imagine it's the cost of production, mechanization, transportation and other efficiency that make imported rice competitive/cheaper. I don't know if it's still the case, but imported rice tended to be old stock - and so discounted.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Catalyst4real: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
And when they come to bash the North. All they can Summon is the almajiris and the @bokis to perpetuate contemptuous insults. But see it there, North is the highest rice producing region.

Tribalism and regionalism is killing this country. No respect

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
brainpulse:
angry. See the southeast/IPODS, they are almost useless at nothing. Very lazy, what they only know is fake things, drug traffic, 419, money rituals & chest beating.

Yep and they love you very much. That is why they want to exit Nigeria so as to leave you with more of your paradise :-)

8 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by ngwaba(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nice to know.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:
What was lost in the SS is more than compensated on the basis of being the home to the major source of nation's income and infact mostly due to oil spillage.

But what I don't understand is what exactly is the SE contributing in this obodo?

What exactly does the word "parasitism" mean?
tribalism is a disease,south east people contribute huge revenue to the nigeria purse.
go to lagos port and find out the amount of containers coming into the country,southeasterners form the financial base of nigeria.the rice you boast of which people dey buy am,the cows are you the ones consuming it?
stop thinking like an illiterate .think straight my friend

14 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Israeljones(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
nototribalist:
This ur comment is enuf for me to say that You cant handle greatness... but can only perceive

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by mostyg(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
I don't trust that statistics, I m fro.Ogun. where is kebbi state who produced lake rice sold in Lagos. We also recently saw the viral kebbu rice pyramid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by SenatorM(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:
What was lost in the SS is more than compensated on the basis of being the home to the major source of nation's income and infact mostly due to oil spillage.

But what I don't understand is what exactly is the SE contributing in this obodo?

What is SW Contributing to the Economy?
You Mention SS who are the SS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by sorry1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
MUMU THEY CONTRIBUTE NOTHING TO THE TABLE BUT ANYTIME THEY WANT TO SECEDE YOU ADND UR EWEDU INDUCED BROTHERS WILL START GIVING THEM 1001 REASONS WHY ONE NIGERIA IS D BEST ....MUMU MAN
nextprince:

6 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Lloydfolarin: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2017

Igbos tribe is the most parasitic tribe in Nigeria.

They have less oil than the remaining two Southern region but make more noise than these two regions(SW & SS)

They don't stay back in their region to use their own social infrastructure but enjoy the same federal allocation with other regions by living in other regions in their millions.

It's high time we begin to tax every Igbo man and child in our regions so as to curb the menace of these cretins.

They don't have anything except chest-beating and war-mongering rhetorics.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

What exactly does the word "parasitism" pmean?

Is it not funny how you tribalize issues that dont favour your alignments.. but the same people tell you what they have is enough for them, 9% from the East whom are predominantly traders and business men scattered all over the world is more than enough if they decide to have their country.

When they ask to leave.. you and your minions scream one Nigeria...

10 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

if you think they are not contributing anything why not allow them go,why are you so pained

9 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Earthquake1: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
Op can you show me the link you got those figures, those you posted there didn't lead me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
Bravo, my state of Ogun, the state with a wonderful, inspirational and motivational Anthem.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by brainpulse: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
nototribalist:
What has you state produced or benefited the country. Parasite east.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by bionixs: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

yet they are not begging and the rice isnt given to them for free. But have you ever wondered why the parasite is begging to be left to go, yet they have to be fought not to go? have you?

7 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by brainpulse: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

if you think they are not contributing anything why not allow them go,why are you so pained
Let them go now. We all want them to go misdeeds. The East are the country's parasites, it's revealed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

They have less oil than the remaining two Southern region but make more noise than these two regions(SW & SS)

They don't stay back in their region to use their own social infrastructure but enjoy the same federal allocation with other regions by living in other regions in their millions.

It's high time we begin to tax every Igbo man and child in our regions so as to curb the menace of these cretins.

Yet, they are the ones who want their own country. So please support them if you truly believe that they are a burden you.

9 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Pecca: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
Can the country just split?

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Stkilda:

Yet, they are the ones who want their own country. So, please support them if you truly believe that they are a burden on you.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Earthquake1: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
[s]
Lloydfolarin:

[/s]

If you could stop spilling trash and realize that the Igbos want seccession. Maybe all your useless rhetorics on how parasitic they are would be avoided.

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by SuperS1Panther: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
What exactly is SE contributing to this Nation, apart from Crime?

These Osus are nothing but parasite and they are always the first to point accusing fingers at others.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by egbabiekperemo1: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
[ cry
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by princemillla(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
nototribalist:

lies ..... I am an event planner virtually all my encounter wit igbo weddin has ofada as one of the food.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by egbabiekperemo1: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

Tribal Bigotry has eaten deep into your blood. You r cursed

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Afam4eva(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
nototribalist:
I just ate it this morning.

5 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

I think with your rhetorics... its time we let them go..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / 179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) / This Cow Was Sold For One Million, One Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.