Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) (68195 Views)

Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ / List Of Rice Producing States In Nigeria / Rotimi Williams, The Owner Of 2nd Largest Rice Farm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nextprince: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
What exactly is SE contributing to this Nation, apart from Crime?

These are Osus are nothing but parasite and they are always the first to point accusing fingers at others.
That is the same question I asked, 10 mentions so far, none could explain.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by tiger28: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
opeaceo:

Here they go again! A very beautiful thread to debate on, you couldn't resist the evil urge in you to turn it upside down.

To the topic, if the duties on imported rice stands at 60%, why is the imported rice cheaper than the locally produced ones? Nigeria we hail thee.
Such a special skill in avoiding question BUT if it was question about how the Zoo wiil burn,they will be spittting all over the place.....na dem dem!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by HeavenIsSoReall: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:
What was lost in the SS is more than compensated on the basis of being the home to the major source of nation's income and infact mostly due to oil spillage.

But what I don't understand is what exactly is the SE contributing in this obodo?

What exactly does the word "parasitism" mean?

I am yet to see any shop in Nigeria stocked with these rice. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by stanluiz(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
20CRATES:
Kudos to Ogun State
which Ogun the op is a liar I have Google it now the top three southern state that leads in Rice production is cross river,Enugu and ebonyi.that statistics is lie and propaganda from Yoruba media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Stkilda(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

These are Osus are nothing but parasite and they are always the first to point accusing fingers at others.

Those criminal Osus love you very much. That is why they want to exit Nigeria so as to leave you with more of your paradise :-) Please support them in their quest and stop hating them.

4 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Lloydfolarin: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
opalu:
To be Objective, South South really tried. With the massive negative effect that Oil exploration/exploitation have on farming and aquatic life, I expected zero % in rice farming.
Then due to the small landmass in the South East Region (which is less than size of Kogi state) I didn't know rice farming will be this high there. Kudos to them. No land can be best at everything.

Foolish write up!

So why are they asking for another state when their landmass is of Kogi state?

The moment Igbos are caught in their mediocrity, another excuse ll suddenly surface but we are not buying it.

Igbos are parasites and burden to the rest of the country.

We can't just wait for their unceremonious departure...

I ll do Thanksgiving the very day we part ways with Igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by tiger28: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
opeaceo:

Eeeerrmm, my response was to a certain next.prince and not you.
Can you volunteer an answer though?errrrrrm.....i guess not!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
brainpulse:
Let them go now. We all want them to go misdeeds. The East are the country's parasites, it's revealed.
parasites that you cannot do without,i dont know where you come from but if realy you want easterners to go why not start protesting just like they are doing .by the time all of you online tribalist start protesting that you want igbos to go just like kanu is doing then they will start taking you serious ,forming tribalistic warlords is just the most cowardish way to go about it.
by the time the govt sees the population that want them to go then they will be serious. stop the childishness

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Lloydfolarin: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Esseite:

I think with your rhetorics... its time we let them go..

I am fasting and praying for Igbos to go without looking back in Jesus name. Amen.

We have asked them several times to leave...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
opeaceo:

Here they go again! A very beautiful thread to debate on, you couldn't resist the evil urge in you to turn it upside down.

To the topic, if the duties on imported rice stands at 60%, why is the imported rice cheaper than the locally produced ones? Nigeria we hail thee.

Avoid afonjas so that u will be at peace with ur self.one thing you shud understand abt afonjas is that they where born with wickedness n hatred embedded in their blood stream.

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Lloydfolarin: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Stkilda:

Yet, they are the ones who want their own country. So please support them if you truly believe that they are a burden you.

Nobody is holding Igbos back. Trust me, Nigerians are tired of Igbos.

If Igbos want to go, they should begin to move to their region in millions, trust me, the whole country ll take them serious...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by tarano: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Rice is grown in Southern Kaduna. We are North Central.
Taraba is North Central. We are not north east.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by stanluiz(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

These Osus are nothing but parasite and they are always the first to point accusing fingers at others.
they are contributing crime but those criminal say they want to go but you say no and keep shouting on Nigeria shameless unity begger your stupidity and foolishness is legendary.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by SuperS1Panther: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonecatt:

parasites that you cannot do without,i dont know where you come from but if realy you want easterners to go why not start protesting just like they are doing .by the time all of you online tribalist start protesting that you want igbos to go just like kanu is doing then they will start taking you serious ,forming tribalistic warlords is just the most cowardish way to go about it.
by the time the govt sees the population that want them to go then they will be serious. stop the childishness

Who is holding parasites, pigs idiots and Osus from going.

As we are speaking over 10buses of ekene dili chukwu just arrived in Lagos and another 10 Young Shall Grow bringing your young men into servitude and further causing brain and manpower drain of SE

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by ariesbull: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
If they don't contribute anything....why don't we get rid of them...Grant them their BIAFRA with their Igbo brothers in Delta so that we can atleast have peace[

They are parasite...let's get rid of them.....it's only aan idiot that doesn't want to get rid of parasite....don't you think so quote author=nextprince post=59185588]What was lost in the SS is more than compensated on the basis of being the home to the major source of nation's income and infact mostly due to oil spillage.

But what I don't understand is what exactly is the SE contributing in this obodo?

What exactly does the word "parasitism" mean?[/quote]
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by sukkot: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
dutchnorics:

Avoid afonjas so that u will be at peace with ur self.one thing you shud understand abt afonjas is that they where born with wickedness n hatred embedded in their blood stream.
grin
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by OkoNDOoBo: 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
lols I know the truth about rice production in south east will come out one day.
after all the noise of abakaliki rice being the best and the largest producer Nigeria surprisingly they didn't make the list of largest producers.
anambra and lake rice planted same time however Lagos rice hit the market but anambra rice is no where to be found dgrin.

maybe obiano never sign MOU for harvesting of the ricegrin

4 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by victor8269: 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
brainpulse:
angry. See the southeast/IPODS, they are almost useless at nothing. Very lazy, what they only know is fake things, drug traffic, 419, money rituals & chest beating. The northerners are still hardworking to me producing the country meat, beans, pepper etc.
What's IPAD?. U should first of all ask for the source of this thread. What the publisher stands to gain? Which tribe is its intended target b4 u comment on anything about it.
Now, over to the post, does the SE as a region, have enough farmland to compare with either Borno, Adamawa or Kaduna?. What percentage of FG free fertilizer was sent to the SE?. How many rice seedlings was sent to the zone?. My dear, don't fight both a message and it's messenger, without understanding the intent, it's disastrous
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Lightening: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
scholes0:
For a long time, Nigerians have always been talking and discussing about the need to become food sufficient, especially in some of our most imported agricultural products such as Rice, Wheat, Sugar Etc. So much Ado has been ado concerning the topic, but have you at anytime wondered which states are the top performance in terms of rice production?
Nigeria is one of the largest Rice importing countries in the world. Nigerians' appetite for rice means that the country imported nearly 17 million tonnes of it over the past five years. Duties for imported rice are currently at 60% and consumers have seen the price of a bag of rice double in the past 12 months.

According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the country imported 2.3 million tonnes in 2016, about half of the country's estimated requirements.
The most recent nationwide covering data from all regions of the federation from the Nigerian Agric sector report shows that these are the top Rice producing states and regions in the country.

According to the, 29 of the 36 states of the country engaged in the cultivation of Rice, with total cultivated areas amounting to 2,432.63 thousand Hectares of land, while n average of 4,472.52 metric tons of rice was produced by all the states.

Largest Rice Producing States: (in 000/metric Tons)

1- Kaduna State - 732.42 Metric Tons
2- Ogun State - 636.67 Metric Tons
3- Kano State - 422.05 Metric Tons
4- Taraba State - 401.99 Metric Tons
5- Benue State - 341.48 Metric Tons

Largest Rice Producing Regions:

1- North West - 32% of Production
2- North East - 25% of Production
3- North Central - 17% of Production
4- South West - 16% of Production
5- South East - 9% of Production
6- South South - 1% of Production

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38795673

The Nigerian Agric sectr report:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Nigeria+agric+sector+report&oq=Nigeria+agric+sector+report&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2476.2476.0.2950.1.1.0.0.0.0.302.302.3-1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.r8y10RQGs68

Just like population figures, Nigeria is incapable of provide accurate and honest statistics about anything. This one is just like all the others.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by nototribalist: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
princemillla:

lies ..... I am an event planner virtually all my encounter wit igbo weddin has ofada as one of the food.
you must be madd, I swear
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
stupid fools.
alarmingly focused on their agenda of discord.
SE produces the minds that run your failed local rice mills.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by IgboticGirl(f): 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
afonjsa and their propaganda

ogun state is not even among top 10 rice producers in nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by ExInferis(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Whenever an South Easterner tells you that he produces 1 million tons of something, better be rest assured that it is not more 100 Kilograms.

Unless it's cocaine.

12 Likes

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by IgboticGirl(f): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
hate against SE go kill all u afonjs
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

That is the same question I asked, 10 mentions so far, none could explain.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
The entire SE is smaller than Kebbi state ,densely populated and ravaged by erosion.Where is the land too plnt rice?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by ucheuzor1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
brainpulse:
angry. See the southeast/IPODS, they are almost useless at nothing. Very lazy, what they only know is fake things, drug traffic, 419, money rituals & chest beating. The northerners are still hardworking to me producing the country meat, beans, pepper etc.
This very lazy, drug traffikers, 419, money ritualists and good for nothing Igbos said they don't want to be one Nigeria again. Oya let them go na, una say no.

I bet you that if the Igbo's leave Nigeria, you will be amazed at what the Igbo's will achieve.
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Electricdanger: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
MasterChen:
Dem just dey tear potor pahent anyhow for this forum grin

Pátá ìdí wọn tí fàya cheesy

Lmaoooo. Den don burst their apa tire. Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Markfemi: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
scholes0:
For a long time, Nigerians have always been talking and discussing about the need to become food sufficient, especially in some of our most imported agricultural products such as Rice, Wheat, Sugar Etc. So much Ado has been ado concerning the topic, but have you at anytime wondered which states are the top performance in terms of rice production?
Nigeria is one of the largest Rice importing countries in the world. Nigerians' appetite for rice means that the country imported nearly 17 million tonnes of it over the past five years. Duties for imported rice are currently at 60% and consumers have seen the price of a bag of rice double in the past 12 months.

According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the country imported 2.3 million tonnes in 2016, about half of the country's estimated requirements.
The most recent nationwide covering data from all regions of the federation from the Nigerian Agric sector report shows that these are the top Rice producing states and regions in the country.

According to the, 29 of the 36 states of the country engaged in the cultivation of Rice, with total cultivated areas amounting to 2,432.63 thousand Hectares of land, while n average of 4,472.52 metric tons of rice was produced by all the states.

Largest Rice Producing States: (in 000/metric Tons)

1- Kaduna State - 732.42 Metric Tons
2- Ogun State - 636.67 Metric Tons
3- Kano State - 422.05 Metric Tons
4- Taraba State - 401.99 Metric Tons
5- Benue State - 341.48 Metric Tons

Largest Rice Producing Regions:

1- North West - 32% of Production
2- North East - 25% of Production
3- North Central - 17% of Production
4- South West - 16% of Production
5- South East - 9% of Production
6- South South - 1% of Production

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38795673

The Nigerian Agric sectr report:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Nigeria+agric+sector+report&oq=Nigeria+agric+sector+report&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2476.2476.0.2950.1.1.0.0.0.0.302.302.3-1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.r8y10RQGs68

Yoruba should leave Nigeria
Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by room089: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

Fake products!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
ariesbull:
If they don't contribute anything....why don't we get rid of them...Grant them their BIAFRA with their Igbo brothers in Delta so that we can atleast have peace

They are parasite...let's get rid of them.....it's only aan idiot that doesn't want to get rid of parasite....don't you think so
If the North says they want to secede from Nigeria, you will see celebrations throughout southern Nigeria. But when the Igbos say the same, people are angry. That makes me think that they really need the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) by IgboticGirl(f): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
mayb afonjas tot is harvesting of skull is the same thing as harvesting rice grin grin grin grin

to afonjas this is not skull mining

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / 179KG Yam Harvested In Akokwa, Imo State (Photos) / This Cow Was Sold For One Million, One Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.