Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,400 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? (14259 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: We Have Identified Plans To Generate ₦18 Trillion Revenue / Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" / Obiano Tours First Ultra Modern 24/7 Filling Station In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Lukgaf(m): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2017
Great Nairalanders,

The issue of Electricity in this blessed country has been my great concerns especially in the area I found myself. Even, they hardly give 30 minutes power in some places and it is not an overstatement that many places have Electricity only when they (NEPA or PHCN or Distribution Companies or what is their name called) want to distribute Electricity bills. This is annoying a times.

I called a Master in China who said he has experienced uninterrupted power supply since he got there since 3 months ago.

So do you think Nigeria can be like those countries in terms of electricity and what measures do you think we can use?

c

5 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2017
Solar is the way.but should be a gradual process.
In the near future it ll be the cheapest source.
The world is going green

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Biggty(m): 7:08am On Aug 06, 2017
24hours uninterrupted power supply can never happen in this country.

Not everyone can afford solar

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 06, 2017
Let states provide their own electricity.
Delete this national grid nonsense.

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Lukgaf(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2017
9jii:
Solar is the way
The world is going green

but i think this require Money. why can't Federal Government give the money. don't we have the money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Lukgaf(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
But don't we have the money? why cage Federal Government call the Chinese and ask of what they need to make electricity stable. don't we have the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 7:17am On Aug 06, 2017
Lukgaf:

but i think this require Money. why can't Federal Government give the money. don't we have the money
I don't know why federal government can't give money.
But Why the State government can't give money too?
And all sources of power required money and knowledge of maintenance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Bacon21(m): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2017

3 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by slimthugchimee(m): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2017
9jii:
Solar is the way
The world is going green

It costs a whole lot for that........

Coal plant is the way, but our efforts with that is being frustrated by america and the paris climate change agreement

6 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2017
slimthugchimee:

Coal plant is the way, but our efforts with that is being frustrated by america
Yes we should not be contributing in polluting the world. Forget coal

8 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Jbleenk: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2017
federal govt should hands off power generation and supply states should take charge

7 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by ruffhandu: 8:18am On Aug 06, 2017
All you talking of money, if you know how much obasanjo wasted, you will open your mouth and leave it open. Not to mention the one Yaradua and Jonathan added.

Corruption and foolishness/greed has reduced Nigeria to nothing.

I don't know what happened to the money obasanjo voted, but I think they did it like most fg runs, shared it amongst themselves.

I remember when the minister under jona, Nebo, complained of vandalism. The vandals were just doing it mindlessly. I didn't see any gain in it for them, and that made me think they have sponsors: who are either political opositions who just want the govt to fail; or businessmen who want to sell their wares.

My suggestion:
Let what happened in telecommunications industry happen in power sector. Licence small operators and encourage them.
If a small company generates and distributes power to a cluster, he'll be consistent.
Many of such will light up Nigeria. And since there lines do not travel through long lonely distance, the case of vandalism will be curtailed.

Note: Each company can use any preferred means to generate their power.

A case:
Coca-Cola ph generates it's power, with.gas supplied by one of the oil companies. They hace steady power supply, they couldn't afford to lose few seconds of outage. Phed approached to sell some power to phed so phed will in turn sell to the public. I don't know how that panned out.

Politicians are one of our greatest problems, followed by other Nigerians.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by thirty(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2017
Ekinematics:
Let states provide their own electricity.
Delete this national grid nonsense.

You speak my mind 100%.

There is no State that doesn't have resources to provide 24 hours uninterrupted power supply in Nigeria.

South West with water.
Niger deltians with oil, gas and water
North with wind and Kanji dam
East with coal and water.
Lagos with waste disposal. Etc

Fashola's IPP is still working in Lagos
Turbine engine with gas is working in Omoku in river state.

We will be FREE soon.

31 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by walemoney007(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2017
The APC is not different from the PDP,when will Nigeria start progressing sef...osinbanjo is not different from obj,gej and buhari,they all have nothing to offer.

The government of Nigeria is the only government in the world where they don't care about the citizen,what is our crime to our government

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2017
thirty:

You speak my mind 100%.

There is no State that doesn't have resources to provide 24 hours uninterrupted power supply in Nigeria.

South West with water.
Niger deltians with oil, gas and water
North with wind and Kanji dam
East with coal and water.
Lagos with waste disposal. Etc

Fashola's IPP is still working in Lagos
Turbine engine with gas is working in Omoku in river state.

We will be FREE soon.

Indeed we shall be free someday.

4 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by EVarn(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2017
There are many ways to generate 24 hours power in Nigeria:
1.Expand the national grid transmission capacity,and utilize natural resources such as coal and uranium(or thorium to minimize fears of radioactive explosion) to generate cheaper electricity. Loan bankrupt DISCOs funds in order to enable them pay their suppliers and deliver necessary materials such as meters.
2.Scrap the national grid and allow states and local governments to generate and transmit power,probably in conjunction with private investors.
3.Allow generation of power in clusters by private companies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Bacon21:
Sponsoring solar and wind power is best. It is simple, clean, renewable, and not very costly if done right
1 million dollars per megawatt is not costly. Na wa for our education o. We need at least 40 thousand megawatts. That's 40 billion dollars =12.something trillion Naira. Our whole budget is effectively about 5 trillion all used to pay indolent civil servants

13 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
slimthugchimee:

how
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
9jii:

yet USA producer 60 % of their electricity from coal.

7 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
walemoney007:
The APC is not different from the PDP,when will Nigeria start progressing sef...osinbanjo is not different from obj,gej and buhari,they all have nothing to offer.

The government of Nigeria is the only government in the world where they don't care about the citizen,what is our crime to our government
when educated ppl take part in politics

1 Like

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by mikolo80: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
Let's form power users association and build our own gas turbines for our estates, residential and industrial

2 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
mikolo80:
yet USA producer 60 % of their electricity from coal.

And that's why the Big CEOs in usa are fighting trump for not putting US in the Climate change agreement.

2 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by slimthugchimee(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
9jii:

40% of America's power is coal

China 70%

3 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
slimthugchimee:

40% of America's power is coal

China 70%

And you didn't here about the Climate change agreement this year

2 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by EVarn(m): 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
9jii:

And you didn't here about the Climate change agreement this year
Lets not get too emotional with this climate change agenda; 3rd world countries like Nigeria,need a cheap but efficient means of power generation like coal,not waste the little we have on expensive projects like solar,wind and waste; these are technologies that we dont even have the expertise to produce and maintain.
It is the industrialized nations that should scale back on their use of coal,they have the money and resources to seek alternate sources of electricity.Otherwise,they should get ready to fund "clean energy" projects in all developing countries of the world.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by EVarn(m): 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
slimthugchimee:

Nigeria should never have signed the paris climate change agreement.
We cant sign a treaty on climate change and then go ahead to start planning the use of coal for power generation,it just goes to show Nigeria's confused policy direction.
I hope we havent ratified that accord yet.
In any case,if we are genuinely serious about coal,then I think we should look eastward to China,coal plants generates over 60% of their energy.China is a rising power looking to carve out a top spot on the international scene, they would be very willing to assist us in acquiring the skills and components needed for coal power,in return for our diplomatic support.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by 9jii(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
EVarn:
Lets not get too emotional with this climate change agenda; 3rd world countries like Nigeria,need a cheap but efficient means of power generation like coal,not waste the little we have on expensive projects like solar,wind and waste; these are technologies that we dont even have the expertise to produce and maintain.
It is the industrialized nations that should scale back on their use of coal,they have the money and resources to seek alternate sources of electricity.Otherwise,they should get ready to fund "clean energy" projects in all developing countries of the world.

But the nature doesn’t care who is developed or not, if we contribute to ruin our environment the cost will be much more. Especially on us without any backup plan.
Instead of we wait until they perfect the technology of clean energy and make it ready made cheap for us.it's better if we join the developmental stage and in the future it ll be less complicated to us.

We all like it easy and cheap that's weaknesses

5 Likes

Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Lukgaf(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
you people make sense
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Lukgaf(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
I hope lalasticlala and mydn44 will put this up so that our government may see
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by maisauki: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2017
When Our SuperMasters Want Us To Have It
Re: What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? by Blue3k(m): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
● Remove restriction on private power generation off-grid.

● homeowner credit: excess power from solar battery can be injected into grid for credit as tax break or cash.

Mini grids

● Stop flaring potential energy. (Pass law and enforce it.)

● allow states to states set their own distribution and transmission. (Prioritize themselves)

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region / I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom / Sokoto Attack: Your Crushing Defeat Is Near, Buhari Tells Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.