Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos (49634 Views)

The Fish Caught In Oguta Lake I Bought N10,000 (Photos) / Big Cat Fish Caught In Bayelsa (Throwback Photo) / Big Fish Caught In Ajase Ipo Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by seguno2: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
addikt:
What he said wasn't bad, you've seen the Natgeowiders exploring other African countries and places all over the world .is it bad if you watch a documentary about the deep sea creatures in Nigeria on that channel??....

Think twice bro

It is bad that we can't have the capacity to attract National Geographic without begging for their attention.

1 Like

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
modsfucker:

my comment was just a mere joke but you ended up calling me names because of that

don't you have some sense of humor

bro, we good ok? lets go get our share of that fish. (youre cooking though) cheesy
modsfucker:

my comment was just a mere joke but you ended up calling me names because of that

don't you have some sense of humor

bro, we good ok? lets go get our share of that fish. (youre cooking though)
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by modsfucker: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
macbede:

bro, we good ok? lets go get our share of that fish. (youre cooking though) cheesy

bro, we good ok? lets go get our share of that fish. (youre cooking though)

That woman must have collected the lion share cheesy

1 Like

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by DaBillionnaire: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
MrIrohKenedy:
[s][/s]
shutup
who asked you

oga easy na
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by bukatyne(f): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
According to Abel Ifiemi, the Special Assistant to the Governor of Bayelsa State on Social media, this fish was caught in Sangana, Brass local government area of Bayelsa state. According to reports, the area is an island surrounded by water.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/see-type-fish-caught-residents-bayelsa-state-photos.html

@ bold: Lol!

Is there an Island surrounded by sand before?

4 Likes

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by binsanni(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
robonski15:
This was same fish I spotted in Georgia aquarium called manta ray ..People pay just to see these species..
everything in nigeria is food now wink

1 Like

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Highflyer19(m): 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
facts about the manta rays!
1-There are 2 species of manta rays: the reef manta (Manta alfredi) and the giant manta ray (Manta birostris).2- The largest species is the giant manta ray, whose central disc can measure up to 9 meters wide.
3- It possesses gills in the lower body, through which it obtains oxygen from water.
4-Their diet consists basically of zooplankton.
5-It’s distributed only in tropical, subtropical and temperate waters of the Indian, Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
6-They do not represent a significant threat to humans, but may attack if disturbed.
7-Manta rays have the largest brain of all fish.
8-They often visit sites called “cleaning stations” where some fish species are responsible for removing parasites from their skin.
9-They’re ovoviviparous. The female gives birth to live offspring, but these develop in eggs inside the mother.
10-Both species are classified as “vulnerable” in the Red List of the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
11- Their natural predators are large sharks, killer whales and false killer whales.
12- They usually avoid contact with humans.
13-They have been observed jumping out of water, presumably to eliminate parasites or to communicate, although there is also the possibility that the act constitutes a game.
14- They have teeth but only found in the lower jaw.
15-These teeth are used to chew food.
16-Usually, a female only has 1-2 offspring at a time.
17 are not particularly social animals, but often meet when feeding and performing migrations.
18- Their, agile and elegant swimming makes them being compared with birds flapping their wings during flight.
19- They belong to the Elasmobranchii subclass the same class containing sharks.
20- Their skeleton is composed of cartilage and not bone.
21. They lack venomous tail spikes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by smartnero24(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
I eat the dried version of this very sweet fish almost every time I go to my village although not as big. It is not rare at all where I come from.

The wonders of the world beneath the sea's!!
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Ukalejohn(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
i knew it! I've always known that the 'Manta Ray' in Finding Dory would end up inside a Nigeria pot!! grin
Oboy!!
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by decountof(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2017
Manta ray versus Stingray. Manta rays are related to stingrays. Both have flattened body shapes and wide pectoral fins that are fused to the head. One of the biggest differences between manta rays and stingrays is that manta rays do NOT have a tail "stinger" or barb like stingrays.

difference between Stingray and Manta Ray?

• Stingray is a group of rays with about 100 species while there are only two species of manta rays.

• Manta ray is much larger and heavier than stingrays.

• Stingray has barbed stings but not manta ray.

• Stingray could be harmful for humans, but there are no accidental attacks on divers from manta rays.

• Manta rays are found mostly around tropical waters and barely in subtropics, whereas stingrays inhabit tropical, subtropical, and occasionally temperate marine waters.

• Manta rays get their gills cleaned from other fishes frequently but not the stingrays.

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
Nigeria government and their political parties, are not ashamed of themselves in attempt to using this innocent fish for their political campaigns as if they are the ones providing boats, engines, nets, hooks, fuel and all the services (equipments) to these fishermen.

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by gbishman: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
Oh, my world that's a sting ray u bleeps, what amount of pleading can I plea to set it free.
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by ajepako(f): 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
What is strange about sting ray fish?

The fish strong enough to kill Australian crocodile marine scientist called Steve lrwin...
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by JaffyJoe(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
i knew it! I've always known that the 'Manta Ray' in Finding Dory would end up inside a Nigeria pot!! grin

Funny dp. True tho, brazzers xvideos et al.
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by addikt(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
seguno2:

It is bad that we can't have the capacity to attract National Geographic without begging for their attention.

Then that's not his fault ...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Aldebaran:
Manta Ray grin

Exactly. cheesy
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by shepherd003: 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
the fish miss road kpelle

1 Like

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
According to Abel Ifiemi, the Special Assistant to the Governor of Bayelsa State on Social media, this fish was caught in Sangana, Brass local government area of Bayelsa state. According to reports, the area is an island surrounded by water.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/see-type-fish-caught-residents-bayelsa-state-photos.html

Lol. These half baked reporters will be the death of me. Are there any islands not surrounded by water ?

2 Likes

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by nams77: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
modsfucker:
That must be a bat fish cheesy

See the way that woman stood at ease waiting to collect her share
grin
That's a sting ray fish. The tail that guy is holding carelessly can deliver a deadly and potent toxin powerful enough to kill

3 Likes

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by sinistermind(m): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
seguno2:

Any small thing, na to dey hala oyinbo people.
Are we so dumb and inferior?
How come some of our people make 1st class in their schools if we are less smart?

Brother, hardly do Nigerians do things out of the passion for it. How many Nigerian can go deep into Nigerian forests to study its wildlife. And do we even have the equipments for underwater research of educational reasons

2 Likes

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Itydee(m): 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
See the big bros of this baby fish caught by hungry Nigerians. These are actually very friendly fishes.

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
sting ray is now rare ? nigerians self desist from only watching zeeworld

1 Like

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
this looks like a sting ray
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by noscarn91(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
That's a sting ray , that tail that man is holding carelessly is very dangerous, it can kill and it's sometimes has neurotoxins , that's fish is what killed the crocodile hunter guy , don't joke with it
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by harffie(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
That is a ray fish,
Nigerian coastal shoreline so blessed with aquatic biodiversity
Not Ray but it belongs to the Family... Ray has a tail but I can't find here...
Modified....seen other types of Rays... I didn't know this one, now I do.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by nosique: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
PrettyCrystal:

Batoidea fish..also known as rays
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by nosique: 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
decountof:
Manta ray versus Stingray. Manta rays are related to stingrays. Both have flattened body shapes and wide pectoral fins that are fused to the head. One of the biggest differences between manta rays and stingrays is that manta rays do NOT have a tail "stinger" or barb like stingrays.

difference between Stingray and Manta Ray?

• Stingray is a group of rays with about 100 species while there are only two species of manta rays.

• Manta ray is much larger and heavier than stingrays.

• Stingray has barbed stings but not manta ray.

• Stingray could be harmful for humans, but there are no accidental attacks on divers from manta rays.

• Manta rays are found mostly around tropical waters and barely in subtropics, whereas stingrays inhabit tropical, subtropical, and occasionally temperate marine waters.

• Manta rays get their gills cleaned from other fishes frequently but not the stingrays.
this is Rajformes ,thesame family with Batoidea#sharkfamily#

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
I watched this beautiful creature on Nat geo wild and whenever it's caught, it's weight and length measured and thereafter, it's returned into the water. But here in the land of the savage, they kill it for consumption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by ChiefOlabowla(m): 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
JasonScolari:
This fish go make sense with better Banga soup and correct starch............ tongue

Banga soup don dey hungry me now. angry

Chaiyi!! I die here.... Oboy ur head correct I swear...
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by drnoel: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
PrettyCrystal:

That fish is not rare at all. That's a rayfish
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by Truthisit: 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
SKATE
Re: Manta Ray: Fish Caught In Bayelsa State. Photos by delors(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sting Ray. Fish we pay $$$ to see at Ripley's Aquarium eh...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Man At Enugu Restaurant With His Own Food (Hilarious Photo) / Toba Adedeji Journalist Searches For Wife After Burning 3 Pots Of Food In 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.