Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? (21525 Views)

How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans / Whats The Buzz About 5G, Lets Enlighten Ourselves. / Reason Why Mosquito Buzz Close To Your Ear "Answered " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 08, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by bestspoke: 11:14am On Aug 08, 2017
The wings
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by h20water(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2017
Probably for the same reason why u knock on the door of the toilet before you enter.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by dfrost: 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
ChappyChase:
I am not against mosquitoes bitting me oo, After man must survive (so they need my blood to survive) but til tomorrow, I vehemently stand against Mosquitoes whistling around my ears! JEEZ Can't they just suck my blood without disturbing my sleep

cheesy grin Chappy have keed me ooo cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by fykes(m): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
Pls take time to read about the other Rwandan genocide....comments like this are subtly deadly.
We can blame our leaders all we want for our nations ills, but we don't have to share in their hatred. I am first Nigerian before I am Igbo. Be guided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by sipsip(m): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods.

Wow... Just wow. *reads again* Wow... Real wow.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by chimauga(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2017
And they need your blood abi.. useless f.o o.ls
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by MissRaine69(f): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2017
All Mosquitos buzz but the female has a higher pitched sound than males therefore making it more audible especially when it's near you. Only females come near enough to feed. Human females have been known to do something similar.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by STEVENcrack(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2017
to balance human population
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by smith666999(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2017
xana101:
Infact I've been asking this question too and why did God creat mosquitos.

God created mosquitoes in place of vampires
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2017
They are praying before their meal.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by STEVENcrack(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2017
xana101:
Infact I've been asking this question too and why did God creat mosquitos.
to balance human population
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by amerimex(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2017
Na party tins na, simging dancing n eating
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by anyimontana(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2017
kboycrew:
Try to repel the mosquito with Drugfields Mosquito repellant gel. it works like charm. just apply on the skin and mosquitos will avoid you like a plaque
and thereby making room for skin cancer..I hail
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by NicoBaba(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every time I hear a mosquito's buzz,
It reminds me that some insects have more musical talents than Davido.
Dry as f*ck

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by MRAKBEE(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=leatherman post=59264024]They actually buzz every time, you only hear them when they come close enough.[/quote
Yeah they do but they seem to concentrate on our ears
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by STEVENcrack(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2017
it's because your ear produces a compound.. I have forgotten the name, that stuff u remove with cotton bud. The female mosquito has great affinity for the stuff.. but humans won't allow them have it so instead they go for the blood
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by anyimontana(m): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2017
tonykel1:
They buzz in our ears because of the oily moist inside the ears of human attracts them. By buzzing, they are trying to gain entrance into the ear to have access to the oily substance/moist.
na only u go school,ave bin reading tru to check if anybody get sense.aparently not..Weldon..am surprised that most ppl don't know that its the wax in d ear that attracts them..ppl skipping biology class up and dan

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by benzion72(m): 11:31am On Aug 08, 2017
I love that sound, the more the better.

for people in insecticde biz,
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2017
muller101:
To. Notify u of it's arrival female species always deadly. Female humans, bees, wasp u name them
praying mantis. Kills the male after sex grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by STEVENcrack(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods.
flied... is that the past tense of fly
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by HandelSolomon: 11:32am On Aug 08, 2017
They are singing lullaby for you not to sleep
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Naturalobserver(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2017
They are acting star wars and game of thrones
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Tommfrench(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2017
ChappyChase:
I am not against mosquitoes bitting me oo, After all man must survive (so they need my blood to survive), I will just see it as me doing blood donations(which is highly recommended by WHO) grin grin. But, till tomorrow, I vehemently stand against Mosquitoes buzzing around my ears! JEEZ Can't they just suck my blood without disturbing my sleep
LMAO
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Josmila(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2017
StephDamielola:
THEY ARE VERY UNIQUE CREATURES.

THEY NOTIFY YOU BEFORE THEY EAT YOUR BLOOD.

Mosquitoes are naturally buzzing insects, the buzz actually becomes more audible when they come close to the ears.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by SweetJoystick(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
StephDamielola:
THEY ARE VERY UNIQUE CREATURES.

THEY NOTIFY YOU BEFORE THEY EAT YOUR BLOOD.
Mosquito dey eat blood? shocked smd

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by inioluwaDaniels(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2017
muller101:
To. Notify u of it's arrival female species always deadly. Female humans, bees, wasp u name them
lioness tigress anything female always deadly.fear dem
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by DanTiTa(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
the buzz sound is a distraction!!!!
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Bobnotrouble: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
It buzzs while flying. That sound is from it's wings-gliding.
You only hear it when it's close to the ear due to the ear-function.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by ashybabs(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
A mosquito'fragile wings flaps at a speed of 52 beats per second, it is this nattural activity that causes the soundd
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by fashrola(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
Mosquitoes' wings make that buzzing sound whenever they fly. When they circle your head, looking for a place to land and bite, their buzz sounds louder whenever they're close to your ear. Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide which you exhale. Every breath you exhale alerts mosquitoes to your presence and they come looking for a place where they can land and bite you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliens From Space Visited Igboland 2000 Years Ago.. / Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / World’s Tallest Woman Stands At 7ft8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.