Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival (18674 Views)

2018 Nigeria Beer Festival Kicks-off In October / Nigerian Breweries Launches Stella Larger Beer, Many Reconsider Naming Daughters / Lagos State Government Sponsores 1st Ever Beer Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by henrimoto(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2017
snowden9:
Arrggh. No wonder my uncle told me he'll be traveling to Lagos next month. Sometimes I wonder if that man was delivered in a beer parlour.
Haha haha
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by bikefab(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2017
Way to go! I'm guessing the "drink responsibly" clause will be placed on hold.
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2017
mickells:
I'm very sure people from Benue state will be the talk of this festival.
We can drink beer for Africa.
At least Benue people will use this opportunity to drink and forget their akara eating-tears shedding-frog and snake importing-unconditionally incompetent governor for a few days. You won't imagine the relief until you live in benue for one month.
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 9:21am On Aug 08, 2017
ShyCypher:

At least we can all agree on something: Moses, Adam, Abraham, Jesus, David, Solomon, Jesus, Mohammed, Peter, Buddha et al all must have tasted beer at some point in their lives!!!

Chai... grin

Beer is life ...and I hear it's free beer at the festival..the beer companies are Competing
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 08, 2017
BCISLTD:

Beer is life ...and I hear it's free beer at the festival..the beer companies are Competing

Ha! Oshey!!! Dats good news. grin

I've searched for tickets all over the internet, I no see.
That means its an open event, I no want any surprises on that day o
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 9:31am On Aug 08, 2017
bikefab:
Way to go! I'm guessing the "drink responsibly" clause will be placed on hold.

How will it be enforced ..beer go be free for some stands...and new beer tasting
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by marvin902(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2017
nice idea gonna help boost our tourism...
some peeps should think before they talk..
you only see the bad side of it and decide to close your eyes on the economic advantage
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by skedman(m): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2017
omophunky:
Wherey government.

What exactly are they trying to achieve ?
illiterate. Investors are coming however more employment ,revenue and finally lagos becoming a tourist attraction
What do you think illiterate. Go back to school

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by etenyong(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2017
Date and venue saved by me, etenyong. I will be part of the event as a spectator and not as a consumer.
Friends can join me
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Flathead1: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2017
While some people are being roasted like suya somewhere on Oct 1st, afonjas will be drinking beer in lagos that same day cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wetin concern afonjas with wahala

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by thisisme2017(f): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2017
omophunky:
Wherey government.

What exactly are they trying to achieve ?

it's for tourism and it's not the first of its kind...
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Jaymaestro(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2017
Flathead1:
While some people are being roasted like suya somewhere on Oct 1st, afonjas will be drinking beer in lagos that same day cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wetin concern afonjas with wahala
That's how the Yoruba's are ... That's how Lagos is
party rock party roll ... Hakuna Matata.
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by omophunky(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2017
skedman:
illiterate. Investors are coming however more employment ,revenue and finally lagos becoming a tourist attraction
What do think illiterate. Go back to school
This is a welcome development to u

Another way of defending ur ogogoro drinking attitude.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by skedman(m): 10:28am On Aug 08, 2017
omophunky:
This is a welcome development to u

Another way of defending ur ogogoro drinking attitude.
your pastors are collecting more than the government of today because it is not everybody that pay for tax however,vitually everybody pay for tithe ,offering and sow a seed and yet what impact have they made to you.the government of lagos state is striving hard to ensure that lagos state become a mega city .please put your religion some where and embrace the gallour .
we have over 40,000 churches in lagos state.

Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by wolesmile(m): 10:29am On Aug 08, 2017
OKorowanta:

Feb 14,2018
Arrangements is in top gear.
Venue-Elegushi beach.
We dey expect u.
I can't laugh jare, my brother cheesy
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Genea(f): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2017
ShyCypher:

Come... be careful there o!
What do u mean? angry

If it was make-up festival na will you girls complain?
so sorry sir, oya drink responsibly
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2017
ShyCypher:

Ha! Oshey!!! Dats good news. grin

I've searched for tickets all over the internet, I no see.
That means its an open event, I no want any surprises on that day o

It's free but u need to register...Online or at the venue.. u need to be 18+ and drink responsibly within the venue...yeah right
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2017
Genea:
so sorry sir, oya drink responsibly

See ur teeth
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2017
BCISLTD:

It's free but u need to register...Online or at the venue.. u need to be 18+ and drink responsibly within the venue...yeah right

Register where? Drop the link abeg
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by omojeesu(m): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2017
BCISLTD:
http://newsverge.com/lagos-hosts-first-nigeria-beer-festival/

In a bid to stimulate its economic and tourism potentials, Lagos State is set to host the maiden edition of the Nigeria Beer Festival from September 25 to October 1, 2017. The Lagos State government is collaborating with beer brewers in the country and their counterparts across the globe to create maximum excitement during the week-long fiesta that will climax with the Independence Day Mega Concert to commemorate Nigeria’s independence.

The festival, which will promote responsible drinking among drinking-age (which is 18 years and above) consumers at all its touch points, will be held at the Lagos Atlantic City to give it a carnival atmosphere from Day 1 to the very last second. It will be a gathering of the largest community of beer consumers from across the country and beyond.

The organizers of the Nigeria Beer Festival, On and One Event (001) Limited, said that the Lagos State government, which is passionate about tourism, will provide massive institutional support, particularly security, transport and related logistics.

The event, according to the organizers, will see Nigeria enrol into the league of Beer Festivals around the world, and boost the country’s tourism opportunities. Akinola Oluwaleimu, General Manager of 001, revealed that the world-acclaimedOktoberfest (Beer Festival) in Munich attracts more than 50,000 tourists to Germany every year, while other countries in Europe and the Americas have caught the bug.

“Nigeria Beer Festival will be a carnival week of entertainment, sales and marketing and a gathering of the largest community of beer consumers from across the country and beyond with economic value for the brands and the economy at large,” Oluwaleimu assured.

The Nigeria Beer Festival will provide a fitting ambience to showcase fashion and lifestyle, as well as culture in a carnival atmosphere with various beer brands and other alcoholic drinks in Nigeria connecting with their existing and potential consumers.

This culture touch point is in line with the view of social scientists that that beer is among the symbolic vehicles for identifying, describing, constructing and manipulating cultural values and interpersonal relationships. They classify different alcoholic beverages in terms of their social and cultural meanings.

Historians submit that Beer has always been popular – since times of ancient Babylon and Greece, Mesopotamia and Egypt and is one of the oldest beverages humans have produced, dating back to at least the fifth millennium BC.

Anthropologists and archaeologists also believe that it was a taste for beer, not bread that started the cultivation of barley in around 9000BC, known as the agricultural revolution. Beer didn’t just change the world; historians insist it saved it!

Meanwhile partners of the forthcoming Nigeria Beer Festival are also assured of world-standard facilities as the organisers of the Nigeria Beer Festival have partnered with reputable and qualified architects from Europe to design modular stands to fit into any shape or style desired by exhibitors.

Oluwaleimu said that Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is expected to close the festival during the Independence Day Mega Concert that will parade an array of A-list Nigerian artistes, which will feature eye-popping fireworks display.

Oh! No!
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 11:20am On Aug 08, 2017
skedman:
your pastors are collecting more than the government of today because it is not everybody that pay for tax however,vitually everybody pay for tithe ,offering and sow a seed and yet what impact have they made to you.the government of lagos state is striving hard to ensure that lagos state become a mega city .please put your religion some where and embrace the gallour .
we have over 40,000 churches in lagos state.

That's what's killing this country ..everything religion ..they will have a crusade..block roads ..make noise ..thousand will volunteer for Free!!!..only pastors will smile to the bank..

But Lagos state is trying to improve economic activities in the state ..do you know how many business will benefit from this(I just made a few ....myself)..hotels..vendors..even the TEMPS..that will make small something for a whole week..

I tire for my country
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 11:22am On Aug 08, 2017
Mynd44:
Madcow1

Time to show that you are a true Lagosian oooo. Go and display your talent

U no go show?
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2017
How about a food fair that showcases the diverse culinary endowments that Nigeria is blessed with?

A country with a life expectancy of less than 50 years is promoting indulgence on alcohol through the back door.

What tourism? How much have you realized from the Eyo festival, Lagos Carnival et al? I think it's a form of mental laziness to feel that what promotes tourism for the Jones will do same for the African.
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
ShyCypher:

Register where? Drop the link abeg

http://www.nigeriabeerfestival.com

I don't think registration has started yet
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
BCISLTD:

http://www.nigeriabeerfestival.com

I don't think registration has started yet

It must start o! What's the delay for? angry
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Jebosh(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Rapture don near oooo
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Chiccly(f): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nkaa ga dikwaa egwu mehn! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Apipia: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
ODVanguard:
Like Germany's Oktoberfest Beer Festival.
Just what I had in mind,
I and I will be there with my mug.
Eko ni bajeoooooo
Blessed are those who drink their dead cold beer responsibly

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
demarc001:
My country will just copy and paste everything from the whites.
Never bringing up something new and unique to do but just borrowing everything from oyinbo whether or not it reflects or potrays us or our needs.

We can still host Fura and Kendroumo drinking competition grin
That one new naa wink
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Garuna(m): 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
fowosh:
many casualties WL b recorded this time....lemme call on my friends dad in delta...his fud has arrived
Is like something iS doing you!
LMAO
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by Genea(f): 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
BCISLTD:

See ur teeth
so
Re: Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival by BCISLTD: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
Genea:
so

They are beautiful..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? / Man Celebrates New Year With Monitor Lizard (Photos) / 13 Amazing Benefits Of Dates....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.