Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman (5580 Views)

Wearing Buba / Agbada As An American Married To A Nigerian / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
Interesting that what our black sisters (most of whom haven't set a foot outside the country but get their fancy ideas from tv and books) advocate for is what western men preach against. I can easily substitute American women for Nigerian women in this article.

Italian hedge fund manager Davide Serra was recently interviewed and he gave his opinion regarding marriage and Western Women.

And this is a guy we should listen to. He is a rich and successful multi-millionaire who was educated in Italy, Norway and Belgium. He skis, sport fishes and sails his yatch around icebergs in Greenland. When you open a Maxim magazine, this is the guy they’re talking about.

And his opinion of Western women?

“Never, ever marry an American woman. That’s the advice I give my friends.”

Its not his original thought; you’ll hear this sentiment echoed widely in European (and less frequently in American) circles. However, being that it isn’t politically correct, most public people won’t say it to a newspaper or magazine. Davide is quite brash and on top of his game and I suppose that he is able to get away with a little more political incorrectness than the average Fortune 500 executive. Serra runs a hedge fund – for those not familiar with hedge funds, it is a financial fund in which he has a wide latitude for making decisions. In essence, rich people give him their money and he invests it for them. Hedge funds attract a lot of old money and his opinions should tell you a little about the old rich and how they think about feminism and the ails it has brought our society.

I’ve been meaning to write about this subject for some time because I often get asked, “How is it going with Alana?” I get regular hate mail from femi-nazis who are counting the days to the 3 year mark when Alana can run off with her green card. There is a huge stereotype that Eastern European (EE) Women only come west for financial gain. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This is easy to believe for American women who think of marriage as a temporary condition. For such a woman, who thinks that the term on a marriage is similar to a car lease, she just can’t imagine a Woman coming from the East and having a “til death do us part” mentality. But that is exactly what you’re in store for if you marry an EE Woman.

When I met Alana’s parents to ask for their blessing, the first thing that Pop said (and Ma nodded in agreement) was, “We don’t believe in divorce.” He was telling me, “If you plan to marry my daughter, you had better be prepared to stay with her until death.” Think about the societal pressures on a Ukrainian/Russian Woman who’s Parents and Grandparents are looking at her only to succeed in marriage. If she ever comes to them with thoughts of divorce, the entire family will rebuke her. Compare to an American woman who might complain that she doesn’t get enough of this or that and she will hear from her co-workers, girlfriends and maybe even her Mother (who burned her bra in 1964), “Oh, forget him divorce him, get 1/2 of his money and find yourself a new young stud.”
for, then it is as easy as searching in Russia, Ukraine or in other non-Western countries and finding the Woman of your dreams.

Will it be easy? Maybe, maybe not. Will it be worth it? Ask any Man who’s been through divorce court in the US or talk to a Man who is married with 2 or 3 kids to a woman who doesn’t cook, doesn’t clean and is always complaining about how hard her life is. I was just in a Starbucks in Orange County, California and there were 6 or 7 women, all married, all with kids, at 11am and they were all COMPLAINING. One complained about her child’s day care – DAY CARE? You’re not at work, why isn’t your child with you? Another, complained her husband wasn’t attentive enough after a 12 hour work day. No wonder, she sits on her ass gossiping with all of her friends at Starbucks all day. These women all drove Mercedes, Lexus, Range Rover, etc. Their Men bust their ass to give them a huge house in the sunny OC and still they aren’t satisfied. I’m in Spain now, do you know what is the average size of the diamond on a Married Woman’s hand in Europe? None – they wear a gold band.

American women are the most spoiled in the world, have the biggest sense of entitlement, have the worst attitudes, are the most lazy of all the women in the world t should be obvious to all considering the number of Men who go East looking for Wives. Interestingly, American women who work in Russia have almost no chance to land a Russian husband. Why would any sane Man go from a thin, well mannered, feminine Woman to date an overweight self-entitled monster of an American woman?

Like Davide Serra says, “Never, ever marry an American woman.”

Interestingly, American women are the role models of young female Nigerian women. I'm glad most men still want a homely wife and want women who are willing to stay married. What silly Nigerian women don't know is that our society isn't mature enough to accommodate divorced women. Never follow blindly.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
The same western women Nigerian guys use as a model to bash their Nigerian counterpart?.

12 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Best women to marry are the Eastern European, Oriental or Asian. No to African, American and Western European women if you want peace and long life.

5 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by thesicilian: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Each man to his own opinion.
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
Benita27:
The same western women Nigerian guys use as a model to bash their Nigerian counterpart?.

On reddit you'd read cases of western women divorces for filmsy reasons , the red pill is a place for victims of western American ladies and alimony.

2 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by eyinjuege: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Gaggi:
Interesting that what our black sisters (most of whom haven't set a foot outside the country but get their fancy ideas from tv and books) advocate for is what western men preach against. I can easily substitute American women for Nigerian women in this article.

Interestingly, American women are the role models of young female Nigerian women. I'm glad most men still want a homely wife and want women who are willing to stay married. What silly Nigerian women don't know is that our society isn't mature enough to accommodate divorced women. Never follow blindly.

Do you really think any woman whether Nigerian or American would want to get to know you for You, when you regard them as silly?

Are you saying only Nigerian women have the responsibility to make a marriage work?
Nigerian women don't just divorce on whims or even because of a loveless union. Many Nigerian men equally ask for a divorce from their wives too, btw.
You say most men want "homely" women willing to stay married. Do you think the women don't also want "manly" men, also willing to stay married?
How many women wont stay with a man who provides, who's fit, who doesn't cheat and who respects her and doesn't batter her? A man who does the opposite of these things, is he willing to stay married?

If you're truly honest and not hypocritical, you will praise Nigerian women for their long suffering and hard work. Nigerian women are one of the most supportive out there. They definitely don't get divorced on their whims and moods.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by maclatunji: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Gaggi and the age old battle with the 'Kabal' #LOL.

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun. Let's have a front-page level debate.

Personally, I am focusing on me. If there's somebody that I have chemistry with, fine. If not, live my life.

1 Like

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by collinsebuka(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
pcguru1:

On reddit you'd read cases of western women divorces for filmsy reasons , the red pill is a place for victims of western American ladies and alimony.

Bro most white women are deadly.

can you marry an american(white) woman

1 Like

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by bigcp(m): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
The best is to stay unmarried, enjoy ur life to the fullest...if possible have a baby mama....pay her off n enjoy ur life...be happy and live long without high blood pressure...most women of nowadays are something else...i love my peace of mind...Life without women is the best...PEACE OUT
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
collinsebuka:

Bro most white women are deadly.

can you marry an american(white) woman

American no, white well I prefer African someone with same culture but on the fence though
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by collinsebuka(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
pcguru1:

American no, white well I prefer African someone with same culture but on the fence though

Even in this africa(Nigeria) e dey very hard to see a decent and intelligent girl, everyday I keep asking myself what's wrong with our women, I'm 33 and ready to settle yet most girls are either after money or are just too dull and care only about slaying, and I go for intelligence before any other thing but nobody in sight Now I usually advise my guys to lock down any decent and smart girl they see cus they r really rare. This continent just tire me. we go survive sha

6 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by crackhaus: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
Funny stuff
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
collinsebuka:

Even in this africa(Nigeria) e dey very hard to see a decent and intelligent girl, everyday I keep asking myself what's wrong with our women, I'm 33 and ready to settle yet most girls are either after money or are just too dull and care only about slaying, and I go for intelligence before any other thing but nobody in sight Now I usually advise my guys to lock down any decent and smart girl they see cus they r really rare. This continent just tire me. we go survive sha

There are, maybe not single but there are, even on NL I know a smart and intelligent girl here but people don't see that side of her , but you have to carefully vet because there are a lot of girls who might see you as an economic haven or ticket to finance and a lot of shallow girls too. Am actually worried for this generation.
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by crackhaus: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
collinsebuka:

There are decent, smart girls around..

One has to have a keen eye as well as the patience to get to know a person, you can never tell the difference between the really smart girls who have their lives figured out from the countless money-hungry urchins at first sight.
You might even start dating one who you thought had sense until 6months later then you realize she was just wearing a mask. cheesy

Take the time to get to know any girl you're interested in, she might be a slay queen but have a good heart or she might be very decent on the surface but still lack common sense in relationships.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
undecided
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by collinsebuka(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
pcguru1:

There are, maybe not single but there are, even on NL I know a smart and intelligent girl here but people don't see that side of her , but you have to carefully vet because there are a lot of girls who might see you as an economic haven or ticket to finance and a lot of shallow girls too. Am actually worried for this generation.

Lol Base on bro code, you can just tell me her moniker let me take it from there abi
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by collinsebuka(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
crackhaus:

There are decent, smart girls around..

One has to have a keen eye as well as the patience to get to know a person, you can never tell the difference between the really smart girls who have their lives figured out from the countless money-hungry urchins at first sight.
You might even start dating one who you thought had sense until 6months later then you realize she was just wearing a mask. cheesy

Take the time to get to know any girl you're interested in, she might be a slay queen but have a good heart or she might be very decent on the surface but still lack common sense in relationships.

True patience is very important, you have to try not to rush into dating, some girls can disturb for relationship parole tho but patience usually pays
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by zed7: 2:03am On Aug 09, 2017
From my experience they all look decent at first, just when you start getting a little comfortable comes the disappointment. They start making demands, even the working class.
I agree with the Op, chat with any modern Nigerian girl, they no longer want to tolerate the challenges of marriage. Any little thing you'll hear them say "divorce" like it's now a badge of honour. We enjoy copying all the negatives of the whites whilst leaving out the positives. Nigerians are a peculiar set of people i swear. Very soon, just like the man in that article, we will switch to our other African sisters and leave them alone.

4 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2017
boo hoo! male tears everywhere grin
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Droyal(f): 7:50am On Aug 09, 2017
collinsebuka:

Hard to see a decent and intelligent girl? grin

What people do you mix with, saying most girls are too dull or care about money is on the harsh side. You want a wife you have to "find". Change the company you keep, even change your tactics.

Decent and intelligent girls are everywhere, your eyes has to be sharp to catch them that's all and sometimes you find them in the most unusual places.

Same way people say there are no good men out there, who told you that, you got to screen a lot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2017
maclatunji:
Gaggi and the age old battle with the 'Kabal' #LOL.

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun. Let's have a front-page level debate.

Personally, I am focusing on me. If there's somebody that I have chemistry with, fine. If not, live my life.

Even Nigeria is fighting a cabal. What most men all over the world want is a woman who values her marriage, will support us, will be willing to fight to keep her home. We don't want women who are willing to jump out of the ship at the slightest case of turbulence.
Even the American women whom our ladies look up to are being 'rejected' by their own men. Men need loyalist and not liabilities. I will only support divorce when violence is involved, not because a man is not a stud or has gone broke or was peeping or sniffing another woman's bum... tongue

4 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by KAYD007(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
Gaggi:

Even Nigeria is fighting a cabal. What most men all over the world want is a woman who values her marriage, will support us, will be willing to fight to keep her home. We don't want women who are willing to jump out of the ship at the slightest case of turbulence.
Even the American women whom our ladies look up to are being 'rejected' by their own men. Men need loyalist and not liabilities. I will only support divorce when violence is involved, not because a man is not a stud or has gone broke or was peeping or sniffing another woman's bum... tongue

Seconded!!
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Chubhie: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Back then, I used to think I would end up with a Yoruba girl. My thought pattern was that the ladies were well mannered,Nice ass,Respectful and Loyal.

Enjoyed an handful,broke hearts and had my heart broken while at it before that chapter was closed.

Now,I'm wiser,older and a lil traveled and can tell you that there's lil difference between Moji in mokola and Sandra in Texas.

Women will be women.

1 Like

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by YourCoffin: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2017
I wonder why marriage is still practised there. I just don't get it. Where white men are supposed to be smart, they become stupid and where they are supposed to be stupid, they will be forming smartness.
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by cococandy(f): 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Maybe you're the problem if none of the thousands of young girls in your vicinity are marriageable

collinsebuka:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by cococandy(f): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Aqva:
Best women to marry are the Eastern European, Oriental or Asian. No to African, American and Western European women if you want peace and long life.
Lmao. What's stopping you?

Notice the 'best' women in your definition are those with whom black people have less interactions with? You're just following the band wagon of exotic must be better simple because the grass is always greener on the other side right?

When you guys have had enough interactions with them, you'll realize that you're the common denominator. So maybe you're the problem.

7 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
The average Nigerian man would and may never have physical interaction with a white woman before 40yrs, so what are we even talking about ffs?
Though variety is the spice of life, black is beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by eyinjuege: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
zed7:
From my experience they all look decent at first, just when you start getting a little comfortable comes the disappointment. They start making demands, even the working class.
I agree with the Op, chat with any modern Nigerian girl, they no longer want to tolerate the challenges of marriage. Any little thing you'll hear them say "divorce" like it's now a badge of honour. We enjoy copying all the negatives of the whites whilst leaving out the positives. Nigerians are a peculiar set of people i swear. Very soon, just like the man in that article, we will switch to our other African sisters and leave them alone.

Can you please expantiate on the challenges of marriage?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by zed7: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
eyinjuege:

Can you please expantiate on the challenges of marriage?
Thanks
Challnges vary from lack of money to non performance in bed to anything couples face. Choose your pick.
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by omoharry(f): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2017
Benita27:
abi oo my sister!!

2 Likes

Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by omoharry(f): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2017
bigcp:
The best is to stay unmarried, enjoy ur life to the fullest...if possible have a baby mama....pay her off n enjoy ur life...be happy and live long without high blood pressure...most women of nowadays are something else...i love my peace of mind...Life without women is the best...PEACE OUT
you can not have baby mama and have peace with an American woman..they will drag ur ass to court for a larger chunk of what you are worth just for child support and she will live large on your sweat..if you think Nigerian woman are gold diggers(though you didnt say that) i believe you should try this American dragon queens.
Re: Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman by omoharry(f): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2017
collinsebuka:

Most good girls in Nigeria are not in the spotlight..they have busy schedules and almost fix daily routine: their activities is usually around work to house ,market to house and church to family or friends place , sometimes you can see them when invited to birthday parties;anniversaries, or weddings..they are usually not the selfies or Instagram type nor the face book addict..so dont generalize.Just the way you are complaining about the lack of good and intelligent girls; the same way we girls are complaining about the lack of good, hardworking and honest men with integrity. Seriously, most Nigerian men around are gold diggers or scammers.they are immature to even start something with.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed With Christmas And New Year Food. / If Your Spouse Dies First? / How Nigerians Raise Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.