Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:06 PM

Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) (93206 Views)

Pirates In Military Camouflage Seize Bille, Rivers Kingdom, Residents Cry Out / Soldiers Tortured & Punished Man For Wearing Military Camouflage / Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by NairaEffect(m): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
SUPERPACK:
she is nt impersonating anybody with that cloth, when did army men start to wear tight trousers, and who gave the army the right to strip civilians, read the law below.

See Sec. 109 (b). Take note of the word "resembling".
From the pictures, she is putting on camouflage prints. Not even pink, red, purple or any other colour but green.

She could have passed for an Army officer and policemen at checkpoints would just wave her to "advance" not knowing she's a bloody civilian.

The Army has warned the public particularly "celebrities" that they are not to spot camo resembling theirs.
The soldier in the picture may have acted beyond the scope of his powers by asking the lady to strip publicly but the lady is guilty. Whether or not she is aware of the law.

The Latin maxim states "ignorantia juris non excusat" aka "ignorance of the law excuses no one".

Would the lady have preferred to serve the terms of imprisonment or suffer the humiliation? That is for her to answer.

My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by planetx: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
watchindelta:
Is not our law but the army law undecided i put on comouflage here in Italy nobody get ur time not even the army and more over where u wat tey see the army self here. Since i dey here my eyes never see their army shocked
In developed countries you barely see soldiers on the street, they are mainly confined to their bases. The police is the sole authority on law and order not unlike Nigeria where soldiers are everywhere doing police work.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by NairaEffect(m): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
Freeman50:

Wonder what that man is steering at........men will always be men

To know if she wore camo pants too.

falconey:

Op where is the remnants .....where she got naked

Chief WÃNKson... Na there dem go see you. No wonder your Vaseline no dey last 1 week.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Absoj(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
SUPERPACK:
she is nt impersonating anybody with that cloth, when did army men start to wear tight trousers, and who gave the army the right to strip civilians, read the law below.
Its responsible to avoid issues. There are so many clothes with different designs in d market, so what would freak one to start wearing anything military, no be say cloth finish for market o. Na when it happens we go dey extract portions of law up and down to claim right knowing the lapses in our legal system . why not let sleeping dogs lie. If I wear my cloth and soldiers come harass me den na there wahala dey. But make I carry myself go wear army camouflage because I wan show off...who person wan impress sef with military fatiques?
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Absoj(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
NairaEffect:

From the pictures, she is putting on camouflage prints. Not even pink, red, purple or any other colour but green.

She could have passed for an Army officer and policemen at checkpoints would just wave her to "advance" not knowing she's a bloody civilian.

The Army has warned the public particularly "celebrities" that they are not to spot camo resembling theirs.
The soldier in the picture may have acted beyond the scope of his powers by asking the lady to strip publicly but the lady is guilty. Whether or not she is aware of the law.

The Latin maxim states "ignorantia juris non excusat" aka "ignorance of the law excuses no one".

Would the lady have preferred to serve the terms of imprisonment or suffer the humiliation? That is for her to answer.

My humble opinion.
You just hit d point. I still maintain legal hassles can be avoided by simply being sensitive to what's obtainable and not in ones society. With the numerous designs of clothes out there,who is she goina impress with military fatigues ?
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by mytrustee1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=zenmaster post=59280371]
The Nigerian army is weak against boko haram but strong against civilian women.

The nigerian army is a wasted army

it is obvious you speak out of ignorance. why not join the army and be the change you seek.

It is the likes of you that drums for war but takes to their heels on the heard of knock out sound.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by planetx: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
citee:
I am always amazed whenever i see or hear of people being harassed because they wear camo outfits. By the way is camouflage only meant for Nigerian military? In the US they sell camouflage clothing in stores and people wear them on the street without harassment.I would have a problem if any non military person puts on camouflage or any other clothing of the military or any para-military outfit for that matter and goes ahead to parade themselves as military personnel. But from reports we hear this is not always the case. People are embarrassed on the streets for no just cause and i think this has got to stop. Why are always dwelling on minor things in this country?
I think the main difference between Nigeria and countries like the US in regards to civilians wearing camo is that Nigerians will abuse the privilege and start using the camo to impersonate and committing all sorts of crime unlike the US where camo are sold openly in stores and anybody can wear it but nobody uses camo to commit crime because soldiers are not responsible for law and order only police so you cannot harass anyone with military uniform.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
mytrustee1:

it is obvious you speak out of ignorance. why not join the army and be the change you seek.

It is the likes of you that drums for war but takes to their heels on the heard of knock out sound.
Abeg who wants to join a mumu-ism army ?
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by planetx: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
dominion001:
Stupid country. A soldier in Europe will hail you and even buy you beer for wearing camour that is if u even see them on the street with uuniform.
Pls stop talking rubbish no soldier in Europe will hail you or buy you beer for wearing camo, he will not even pay you attention because it is seen as no big deal.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by sweatlana: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
holybabayo:

I did not say arrest, I said stop. We have that right for your info. In fact there is a way we allow a crime to continue that we can become an accomplice to the crime.
Freedom of dressing is not a basic human right.
Right to basic human dignity is!

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
Tofunmidami:

And like you said in USA is this USA...here in our country day don't put it on get that in your scull and obey....Get sense [color=#990000][/color]

Dindinrin, your country? What have you done for her in your life? Do you pay taxes?

I wear my camos proudly in Nigeria and many others do too. It depends on how you carry yourself I guess.

If you look like an agbero then I can see why you naturally assume your slave mentality.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:

In US its legal to wear it, here its not...
NIGERIA AND US DON'T USE THESAME LAW

And where did I say that they did?

Next time, make sure your dunce brain is ready before you start pounding on the keyboard.

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by redsun(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
Animal, he should be locked up for sexual harassment. Where in Nigerian constitution did it say civilians shouldn't wear camouflage? Lawless zombies.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by holybabayo(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
sweatlana:

Right to basic human dignity is!

Which one be this one again "right to basic dignity'. Bros. There is no such word. Don't follow people wey no know anything talk nonsense. There is not such right in any charter, treaty, or constitution that I know. Though It makes sense sha.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by sweatlana: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
holybabayo:

Which one be this one again "right to basic dignity'. Bros. There is no such word. Don't follow people wey no know anything talk nonsense. There is not such right in any charter, treaty, or constitution that I know. Though It makes sense sha.

See section 34 (1) (a) CFRN 1999.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Analyzing(f): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
have it's nor fair
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by jrusky(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
I know some people will not like this but the reality of it all is that the military has won several time that people should stop wearing Camo. if he or she is not a military personnel this is not about fashion its what the army said though it may sound stupid to some people but in other way it sound some how proper because of the situation in Nigeria at the moment.

We read of a soldier that was butcher along Kaduna Abuja when he was trying to change his bad tyre by the side of the road and so many cases like that please don't just wear it for you own good to avoid this type of embarrassment. I was born in a family A Star General in Nigeria army but I never dare to wear Camo for any reason because my dad always warn us not to wear it to avoid unnecessary tension and embarrassment.

Don't wear Camo if you are not a military personnel take it or bust if you like be talking about US, UK, China, Germany or whatever this is Nigeria and the army said don't wear their uniform take simple instruction and avoid *iron slap* and being *strip unclad* in public it might be too late to see someone to rescue you and if you unfortunate to go and fall to the hand of the wrong ones then trouble has bust because he will not hear stop by the time he descend on you.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by NairaEffect(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
Absoj:

You just hit d point. I still maintain legal hassles can be avoided by simply being sensitive to what's obtainable and not in ones society. With the numerous designs of clothes out there,who is she goina impress with military fatigues ?

Agreed. Some people here be talking about being able to buy and wear camo in the US. That is the US.

The boyfriend probably has a military fetish..
Camo all through... Even the scarf sef. grin
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by NairaEffect(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
jrusky:

Don't wear Camo if you are not a military personnel take it or bust if you like be talking about US, UK, China, Germany or whatever this is Nigeria and the army said don't wear their uniform take simple instruction and avoid *iron slap* and being *strip unclad* in public it might be too late to see someone to rescue you and if you unfortunate to go and fall to the hand of the wrong ones then trouble has bust because he will not hear stop by the time he descend on you.

... By the wrong ones, I'm thinking you mean the ones with thick tribal marks on the cheeks and mouth wielding long rifles.
The ones who only understand one word in English "GO!".
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by ogbonti: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
Eife:
Why will she put it on in the first place, abi is she new to the north??
Nigerians will always abuse the rights given to them.
I grew up in the barracks in the north and I have more than two camouflage but I only put them on within the barrack.
Them no born me well to wear them outside the wall. (it's not that I am scared but I just have to respect myself)
Please let us know our limits.

Shut up... if dem no born you well, that's your head ache. Because you are scared of wearing Camouflage does not prohibit others from wearing it. Where in the law does it state that:

1. Civilians can not wear fashionable camouflage clothing?

2. The military has the right to prosecute, intimidate or punish offenders of civil laws?

If you can't answer these 2 questions rationally, then indeed dem no born you well.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by delishpot: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
lonelydora:
delishpot, come and see oooo. What sayest thou?

I don see am o. Knowing how animalistic these soldiers are concerning civilians wearing Camo, she no get who go advice her before she leave house? Nigerians know by now that wearing Camo is a crime punishable by soldiers without trial in the streets of Naija and it is allowed by the higher authorities. What was she thinking? She felt she knew her right I guess.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by watchindelta(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
planetx:
In developed countries you barely see soldiers on the street, they are mainly confined to their bases. The police is the sole authority on law and order not unlike Nigeria where soldiers are everywhere doing police work.
gbam that just it bro
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Bahddo(m): 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nigerians no dey hear word. We have a crazy constitution put together by the freaking military regime in 1999, and yes it says its a crime to wear anything resembling the military camo. Sad truth is, until that part of the constitution is amended, soldiers can harass you for wearing camo, and get away with it.

We can rant all we like about advanced countries being different, and that's true. We are different... We have armed forces that prove their power by harassing unarmed civilians.

So why not just respect yourselves and avoid anything resembling it?
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Mikkyjay17(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
lebete3000:

No he wants to be sure she ain't wearing carmo payint.
I'm sure the army man won't want her to remove the carmo paint too. Wrinkles!
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Mikkyjay17(m): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
dacovajnr:
No thanks wink
the oza room language.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by Eife(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
ogbonti:

Shut up... if dem no born you well, that's your head ache. Because you are scared of wearing Camouflage does not prohibit others from wearing it. Where in the law does it state that:

1. Civilians can not wear fashionable camouflage clothing?

2. The military has the right to prosecute, intimidate or punish offenders of civil laws?

If you can't answer these 2 questions rationally, then indeed dem no born you well.
most people(civilians) now misuse the wearing of this camouflage to scam others or to carry out their evil acts.
Besides the reason why wearing of camouflage by civilian was stop in the north by the army was help in the fight against boko haram so as to know who is who.
Weldone oh Mr ITK abeg how many of Nigeria laws you dey keep to?
Besides I only made me point known
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by demobaba1(m): 3:58am On Aug 10, 2017
Ajewealth123:
we have so many deaf and ignorant people in nigeria.
How many times are they going to sound it that don't put on camouflage if you ain't in the military?
GOD bless you for this comment, why are some Nigerians very stubborn and silly ? You know soldiers won't laugh with you when you put on their camouflage , yet guys still wear it. Why is it that people don't like wearing Police , Customs or Nig Immigration Service camo but na only Army camo dem dey wear. pls continue warring it and you will beaten like a market thief.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by hedonistic: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
demobaba1:

GOD bless you for this comment, why are some Nigerians very stubborn and silly ? You know soldiers won't laugh with you when you put on their camouflage , yet guys still wear it. Why is it that people don't like wearing Police , Customs or Nig Immigration Service camo but na only Army camo dem dey wear. pls continue warring it and you will beaten like a market thief.

Another ignorant donkey fouling up cyberspace with blatant inanity. Do you know the difference between 'camo' and uniform? Research widely and think very deeply about this and then knock yourself out of your stupor.

To the best of my knowledge, no civilian wears even a semblance of Army uniform to parade about the streets - except outright impersonators.

Camo is 'camo' for a reason, hence why it can never be an offence to wear it for fashion purposes.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by chipower: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
NairaEffect:

My humble opinion.

The problems with this country are uncountable. Sometimes I don't understand how nigerians think. Why this kind of abuse will not end in Nigeria is because we always blame the victims instead of the perpetrators. If you refuse to give a police man bribe and the police man slaps you, people will the you. People will say " why did you refuse to give them bribe, it's your fault ". If a girl wears short skirt and in the process she gets sexually harassed. People will blame her for provoking criminals who harassed her.

Consequently, these kind of reactions from the public makes it difficult for victims of abuse to seek for justice because of lack of support. Again, we have a culture of not fighting for our rights. We like to leave everything for God as if God will come down from heaven and fight your battles for you.

The warnings the army have issued to the public has nothing whatsoever to do with this case. If the army felt that the Lady broke the law, they should arrest her and hand her over to the appropriate authority for prosecution. Nobody has the right to strip a citizen of this country naked in the public. To make the matter worse, they striped a woman naked in the public and some people here are even laughing at the whole ugly incident.

One of the problems with Nigerians is that we don't value ourselves. Can an American citizen do this kind of thing to a fellow American.

You said the lady is guilty. How do you know this? Are you a court of law?. Are the soldiers a Court of law. Only the court law can declare the lady guilty or not guilty. This is a clear case of abuse. The poor girl is innocent until the court says otherwise.

It left for the court to decide if she is wearing an army uniform or not. Not me, not you, not the army. Believe me, im very sure the army will lose the case in court because you have to provide a solid defence to prove your case. This is a shameless act coming from our shameless army. Nigeria is a zoo. Most people in Nigeria are animals that was why they couldn't see anything wrong with this act.

I just hope the girl will gather the courage and file a claim for damages.
Re: Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) by alfajet(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2017
redsun:
Animal, he should be locked up for sexual harassment. Where in Nigerian constitution did it say civilians shouldn't wear camouflage? Lawless zombies.

Go and wear it let them see you, idiot, ure here ranting nyenyenyenyenye grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) / Ayoade Akinnibosun, Offa Robbery Gang Leader At A Gym Before His Arrest / 4 Armed Robbers Gang-Rape A Lady In Anambra, Record It, Blackmail Her (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.