Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (12059 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by newmaster(m): 3:21am On Feb 13, 2010
Lagos rated ‘fifth worst city’
By Chux Ohai, Published: Saturday, 13 Feb 2010

Lagos City

The city of Lagos has been listed as the fifth worst city in the world, following a survey carried out recently by the Economist Intelligence Unit. This was made known in a statement published online on Friday by Reuters.

According to the survey, 140 cities were ranked 30 factors, such as healthcare, environment, culture, education, and security, to mention but a few.

The Canadian coastal city of Vancouver tops the list of 10 most liveable cities in the world, closely followed by Vienna, Melbourne and Toronto. The others include Calgary, Helsinki, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Auckland.

African cities dominate the list of less liveable cities with Johannesburg, one of the designated venues of the 2010 World Cup occupying the 92nd position.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201002133423215
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Beaf: 3:45am On Feb 13, 2010
Lagos is not Nigeria's capital, while the other cities mentioned are country capitals. So, I hail Lagos grin for getting a mention (or was it done by population? In which case I keep quiet).

Up Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by sandee575(f): 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2010
Tell them "Eko oni baje"
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by dani1luv: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
RUBBISH. .

EKO O NI BAJE 4 REAL
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by naijaswag1: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
Atleast it is still regarded as a city.No wahala! Eko ni ba je ooooo!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by baslone: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2010
newmaster:

African cities dominate the list of less liveable cities with Johannesburg, one of the designated venues of the 2010 World Cup occupying the 92nd position.

Propagander but they still can't take away our World Cup!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by dtwsola(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2010
Straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.eiu.com/site_info.asp?info_name=The_Global_Liveability_Report&page=noads
Ouch! It's getting harder and harder to defend my country when these lists keep on coming out.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nescoemmy(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
I wonder hw they rate this cities but then lagos is not our capital, so i think they shld be applauded.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ayettymama(f): 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2010
WOOOOOOOOOORT

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ITS A LIE??
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ade9ja(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
Only God will deliver us.

[url=http://freebies on www.naijavoice.com]freebies on www.naijavoice.com[/url]
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by dtwsola(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2010
Nescoemmy:

I wonder hw they rate this cities but then lagos is not our capital, so i think they shld be applauded.

Lagos may not be our capital, but it is our largest city and centre of commerce. Who should be be applauded?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by asha80(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
Beaf:

Lagos is not Nigeria's capital, while the other cities mentioned are country capitals. So, I hail Lagos grin for getting a mention (or was it done by population? In which case I keep quiet).

Up Lagos!

Nescoemmy:

To correct an impression here.Not all the cities named here are countries capital.Vancouver,Toronto,Melbourne,Sydney,Perth,Adeliade are not there country's capital

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2010
truth be told:

lagos is a nightmare
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Shoot2Kill: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2010
Beaf:

Up Lagos!

Abeg so siddon ,na now you wan dey patriotic ! Villageman i no blame you, lagos resemble heaven for your eye.Oh boy go get visa make you visit other countries see as human beings suppose to live.Upon all fashola dey do ,lagos still be ghetto.Imagine common Zimbabwe fine pass am!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by monkeyleg: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2010
No surprises, there is nothing great about Lagos, so let us stop decieving ourselves. I saw Harare on telly today, and even after all Mogabe has done to the country, there was senblance of order in the City.

The fact is that the sooner we realise how bad our country is and start fixing it the, the better for everyone.

We do not even have a single centre of excellene in that country. How can Nigeria be earning so much money from oil, yet we cant even have 1, I say 1 good hospital, that our President had to leave to another country for well over 80 days for treatment.

Can anyone really name one thing that works in Nigeria, please just 1 thing, even in Lagos, what works? People come tar small road and everyone thinks they have done wonders.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by jerk: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
Lagos is only good wt its population bt neva a city to count on,very dirty and d traffic hell. D even try to overtake five cities.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by sulad82i(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
As bad as Lagos is, its a city looked upon by lots of people from other countries.
Truth be told, Lagos is a mini New York City. Pple who have been to NY can confirm this

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chidyke77(m): 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
Lagos is nt a condusive city.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by monkeyleg: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2010
@ Sulad82i, are you kidding me? Lagos a Mini NY. Hmm, this is how we have been living a deciteful life for so long. What is wrong with telling ourselves the truth, if Lagos was such a mini NY how come we dont get a mention as a potential tourist destination?

The town is not that great, and frankly a dissappointment to other cosmopolitan cities, maybe to other Nigerian cities it might fair well, but to other international cities, it scores poorly, and by the way I lived in Lagos for years
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
sulad82i:

As bad as Lagos is, its a city looked upon by lots of people from other countries.
Truth be told, Lagos is a mini New York City. Pple who have been to NY can confirm this

You are waaaaaaaaaaaaay off mark,especially for someone who lives in US.

the only similarity between New York and lagos is that they are both cosmopolitan cities,but so are almost all the other cities on that list.

Lagos is almost 85% slum.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by jerk: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
sulad82i:

bcoz they hvn't bn to other cities outside Africa.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
sulad82i:

Gbam!!! I fear for new york city no be small

And we know Lagos is not the best city in naija now, why not chose another city. they just have to make us look bad always,
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ebioloye1: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2010
is a lier i dont believe so lagos is second new york in the world i no that
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2010
ebi_oloye:

is a lier i dont believe so lagos is second new york in the world i no that

You sound confused
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2010
ifedy:

You sound confused

he is
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by atilla(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2010
I knew Lagos was bad but is it thaaaat bad?  5th worst city in the world haba. maybe 25th. na wa
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chidyke77(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2010
Even people in d village that never visited lagos are normally surprise when the visit lagos why? Bcus its below their expectation. Lagos just gt ths cute name bt lives below its name.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by jerk: 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2010
atilla:

I knew Lagos was bad but is it thaaaat bad?  5th worst city in the world haba. maybe 25th. na wa
only cities in europe alone don pas dat 25 my broda.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ReachRich(m): 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2010
If Lagos is the 5th worst city in the world,what would u say about Onitsha, the -203 worst city in the world. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by maedan(f): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2010
How Can ( as my dear Lagosians will say). Is a liiieeee! It's high time we question and investigate these so-called surveys which I feel are very unreliable.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chidyke77(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2010
ReachRich:

If Lagos is the 5th worst city in the world,what would u say about Onitsha, the -203 worst city in the world. grin grin grin
u must be sick in d brain by trying to make ths look like a tribal war here; is onitsha a major city?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senators Indict Governors For Power Abuse; Come Hard On Ganduje, El-Rufai, Bello / 2019: Donald Duke's Name Missing As INEC Releases Final List Of President / Umahi: South East Loses ₦10 Billion Every Sit-At-Home Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.