Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. (46389 Views)

40-Foot Container Laden With Tramadol & Codeine Intercepted By Police In Lagos / Cooperate Thief Who Stole Jewelry Worth N1.6m At Transcorp Hilton, Abuja Caught / Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by dainformant(m): 3:39am On Aug 09, 2017
The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, has seized 37 assorted Sports Utility Vehicles valued at N1.374bn. Comptroller General of the NCS, Col. Hameed Ali, (Rtd), said this in a chat with newsmen in Lagos on Tuesday. He said that 8 units of brand new 2017 model of Lexus LX570, and 12 units of 2017 model of Toyota Land Cruiser were among the seized cars.

Others were 17 units of Toyota Hilux ranging from 2010 to 2019 models.

The Customs CG said that the seizures were jointly made by the CGC’s Compliance Team and the Roving Team of the Federal Operations Unit in Lagos.

He said, ”Similarly, a total of 12,081 bags of smuggled parboiled rice with a duty paid value of N149m were seized.

”Apart from the seizure of vehicles and rice, the reinvigorated anti smuggling operations yielded another 156 assorted seizures including bales of used clothing, Indian hemp, and used tyres.”

He pointed out that the Federal Government’s policies banning the importation of rice and vehicles through the land borders were still in force.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/customs-intercept-37-suvs-worth-n1-374billion.html

2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by dainformant(m): 3:39am On Aug 09, 2017
cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Jengem: 3:44am On Aug 09, 2017
That customs man with strong face is not playing around o

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Jabioro: 3:45am On Aug 09, 2017
Good one.. leakkages are getting blocked every day...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by odiereke(m): 3:47am On Aug 09, 2017
This is very ridiculous, and people would say there is recession. were the SUV's importer refused to pay the custom duty?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by goodmorning40: 3:54am On Aug 09, 2017
Useless country
It is only how to enslave and impoverish her citizens that they are good at
Look at somebody's hard earned money,
Look at the imported goods that would add meaning to people's lives

Open the borders Nigerians are hungry

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by greatwhite(m): 3:59am On Aug 09, 2017
So what would happen to the SUV after all the charades?

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by waleadex(m): 4:02am On Aug 09, 2017
This is a country where a phone owner will buy casing for #2,000 and find it difficult to buy a charger for #400. That seizure serves them right....

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09am On Aug 09, 2017
who brings in a 40m SUV thru the bush? grin

70 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by infohenry(m): 4:14am On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country
what are you saying that is right to buy cars worth tens of million but refuse to pay the stipulated duty to your country. Brother is not everything we criticise please, in some countries this will attract heavy jail term.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by salford1: 4:29am On Aug 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
who brings in a 40m SUV thru the bush? grin
yahoo bois.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by dyadeleye(m): 4:39am On Aug 09, 2017
I'm working on the release of the bags of rice already...I don't really need the money cos I can spend all within a week grin..anyway, if you talk truth, you die
If you no talk the truth you die.
The owner of the money is........

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by stolenstone: 5:55am On Aug 09, 2017
Greeeeed!!!! The SUV owner don buy market!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by GMBuhari: 6:19am On Aug 09, 2017
Na Prado and Lexus dey rust for ground so ?

Dem no go sell these ones for their padi padi auction

Food no dey but tons of bags of rice dey one place dey waste

I trust My russian friends, people for don visit that port carry three trailer loads

grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 09, 2017
USELESS COUNTRY...DECEIVING MORONS. THE SMUGGLERS WILL MEET WITH A POWERFUL NIGERIA, PROMISE TO GIVE HIM ONE SUV IF HE HELPS TO GET CUSTOM TO RELEASE HIS SUVS. THE CASE WILL BE OVER!
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by slimfit1(m): 6:28am On Aug 09, 2017
infohenry:
what are you saying that is right to buy cars worth tens of million but refuse to pay the stipulated duty to your country. Brother is not everything we criticise please, in some countries this will attract heavy jail term.

My brother I don't even know where to start insulting that guy. We have innocent motor what is wrong with it, we need to start appreciating and encouraging our selves by buying local if you can't good pay the appropriate fees necessary.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by policy12: 6:30am On Aug 09, 2017
Hmmm God help us...no money and SUV 2017 model.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by slimfit1(m): 6:35am On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country

Please go and educate yourself what is wrong is wrong, don't we plant rice in this country ? Don't we make cars in this country? Follow the right channel if you want to enjoy your money. It is because of people like you this country is not working. So what should our farmers be doing with their crops. How can we still be importing rice when we have enough land to grow what we need.

38 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by disloman(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country
If you don't know how countries run,you better be silent than making this useless comment

34 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Biggty(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Kudos to the customs

See bags of rice dey waste wey i never chop this morning

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by gwmlogistic: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country
Disgrace to the nation at large

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by davibid: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2017
It's time the Nigeria be changed to 'corruption'

Smh
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by itsIYKE(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017
G
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by holatin(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017
am back oooo

Thanks to God wey make me dey alive today.

thanks to my dad wey no use condom when he wan sleep with my mum 20 something years ago.

thanks to my mama wey no abort the belle.

thanks to OGA Samuel a nairanlander wey kidnap me since Saturday to his site. God overbless you sir.

thanks to seun for creating this forum, which made a stranger called me for work.

thanks to me too wey God give brain to perform wonder on someone site

and thank you too for sharing my comment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by itsIYKE(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017
The custom bosses don hammer....new ride in the garage
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by holatin(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017
ask saraki,,he may know the smuggler or smugglers involve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by dacovajnr: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2017
angry
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Factfinder1(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2017
Who did they seize them from

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by agarawu23(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2017
Them no see bribe collect on these ones angry

But its crazy to buy a car of over 40m per one and smuggle them through bush. I guess they are stolen cars from abroad.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by rozayx5(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2017
undecided

na wao

paris refund at work

i believe they belong to top govt officials or a Governor

you wont hear about it after today, they will be released to the owner in secret

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Valmesk(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2017
greatwhite:
So what would happen to the SUV after all the charades?
It will be auctioned.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by rawpadgin(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2017
just pay like 10million into the comptroller general's akant, ur goods will be released in no time

this is Nigeria, where money can solve all problems

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Oparaji: Soldier's Tribal Post On Facebook Goes Viral / Man Set On Fire In Katsina Outside His House (Graphic Pics) / How 17-Year-old Girl Killed Her 20-Year-old Boyfriend In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.