Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? (1294 Views)

The Lost Books Of The Bible / Where In The Quran Did It Say The Bible Has Been Corrupted? / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2017
Do the lost books of the Bible prove that the Bible has been altered

These pseudepigraphical and deuteroncanonical books were never considered as scripture by the Christian Church because they were not authoritative, God-breathed, written by either Apostles or Prophets. They do not have the power attributed to the Word of the books of the existing Bible. Since the books are not lost and were never part of the Bible in the first place, they have no bearing on the validity of the Bible. See the link below for reasons why these books do not belong to the Bible.

https://carm.org/do-lost-books-bible-prove-bible-has-been-altered
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
The only lost book I would recommend is the book of Enoch, used by the Ethiopian Orthodox for Centuries.

For the rest, Tread with caution.
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

The only lost book I would recommend is the book of Enoch, used by the Ethiopian Orthodox for Centuries.

For the rest, Tread with caution.

Are you saying that the book of Enoch is God-breathed? undecided
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that the book of Enoch is God-breathed? undecided
Don't know what that means, but;

Are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, & Numbers God-breathed? undecided

I'd put them in the same category.

1 Like

Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

The Pentateuch is God-breathed. Go and do your research. cool
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The Pentateuch is God-breathed. Go and do your research. cool

Good to know,
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by ichuka(m): 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
Muafrika2:

Do you have issues with the Old T?
If Yes,why?
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
ichuka:

If Yes,why?
Why would I?

I find more insight from the old testament than the new, as a matter of fact,
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by ichuka(m): 1:20am On Aug 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

Why would I?

I find more insight from the old testament than the new, as a matter of fact,
Ok
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

Good to know,

You need to repent and believe the gospel for you to be able to come to the knowledge of truth. smiley
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
ichuka:

If Yes,why?

He is definitely not a Christian, probably a Muslim in disguise. cool
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
ichuka:

Ok

For him to admit that he finds more insight in the OT than the NT should tell you that he is not a true Christian because the New sheds more light on the Old Testament.

1 Like

Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by ichuka(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

He is definitely not a Christian, probably a Muslim in disguise. cool
He/She?
I believe he/she is a Christain.we should ignore our 3% different and focus more on our 97% similarities.distraction(3%) in the body of Christ is getting out of hand.100%is/will only be found in Christ.all the first churches has there own little issues then.lets be more focus and less distracted pls.
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Do the lost books of the Bible prove that the Bible has been altered

These pseudepigraphical and deuteroncanonical books were never considered as scripture by the Christian Church because they were not authoritative, God-breathed, written by either Apostles or Prophets. They do not have the power attributed to the Word of the books of the existing Bible. Since the books are not lost and were never part of the Bible in the first place, they have no bearing on the validity of the Bible. See the link below for reasons why these books do not belong to the Bible.

https://carm.org/do-lost-books-bible-prove-bible-has-been-altered

on what basis would you call a book “God breathed"? because many of the pseudographical and apocryphal books can pass as that

1 Like

Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

For him to admit that he finds more insight in the OT than the NT should tell you that he is not a true Christian because the New sheds more light on the Old Testament.

on what basis do you also draw this conclusion??
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
ichuka:

He/She?
I believe he/she is a Christain.we should ignore our 3% different and focus more on our 97% similarities.distraction(3%) in the body of Christ is getting out of hand.100%is/will only be found in Christ.all the first churches has there own little issues then.lets be more focus and less distracted pls.

Shouldn't you first find out from a person whether one confesses Jesus Christ as Lord before you begin to assume their allegiance? undecided
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

on what basis would you call a book “God breathed"? because many of the pseudographical and apocryphal books can pass as that

They would have to have the power attributed to the existing 66 books in the Bible for them to pass as God-breathed to start with. cool
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

on what basis do you also draw this conclusion??

The NT is built on the OT and they explain and reveal the Old. To not see that means one is still groping in darkness.
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They would have to have the power attributed to the existing 66 books in the Bible for them to pass as God-breathed to start with. cool

you didn't get my question.. let me rephrase.. on what basis would you call any book in the Bible or outside the bible God breathed.. on what basis
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The NT is built on the OT and they explain and reveal the Old. To not see that means one is still groping in darkness.

you're repeating the previous statement.. on what basis did you arrive at the conclusion that the new testament explains the old?
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by ichuka(m): 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Shouldn't you first find out from a person whether one confesses Jesus Christ as Lord before you begin to assume their allegiance? undecided
Hmmmm,intresting.
So how else can one find out expect through expression.by expression one is discerned.
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

you didn't get my question.. let me rephrase.. on what basis would you call any book in the Bible or outside the bible God breathed.. on what basis

Check out the criteria in the link below:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-word-of-god/why-66-books/
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

you're repeating the previous statement.. on what basis did you arrive at the conclusion that the new testament explains the old?

The NT clarifies the OT because the Old Jesus is concealed while the in the New Jesus is revealed. You need to be born again so as to get your spiritual understanding enlightened. smiley
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
ichuka:

Hmmmm,intresting.
So how else can one find out expect through expression.by expression one is discerned.

If a person keeps calling evil good and good evil, wishing that the Qur'an be made compulsory for students in Schools, defending an evil doers because they are popular should be enough for you to discern the authenticity of their claimed profession. For example Barack Obama claims to be Christian but his policies and actions go contrary to the Scriptures and yet you will see some blind folks calling him a Christian. undecided
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by ichuka(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If a person keeps calling evil good and good evil, wishing that the Qur'an be made compulsory for students in Schools, defending an evil doers because they are popular should be enough for you to discern the authenticity of their claimed profession. For example Barack Obama claims to be Christian but his policies and actions go contrary to the Scriptures and yet you will see some blind folks calling him a Christian. undecided
Who are u referring to?Muafrika2 or wilgea7 ?
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:25am On Aug 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The NT clarifies the OT because the Old Jesus is concealed while the in the New Jesus is revealed. You need to be born again so as to get your spiritual understanding enlightened. smiley

before i am born again.. i need to accept Jesus as my lord and saviour.. and before i accept Jesus as my lord and saviour.. i need to see and know the alleged connection between this new testament Jesus and the old testament.. you can't arrive at point 2 without going through point 1... so once again... show me the alleged link between the old and new testament
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:37am On Aug 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Check out the criteria in the link below:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-word-of-god/why-66-books/

i checked it out.. and the site clearly did a bad job of trying to eat its cake and have it.. it mentioned the old testament as the authentic Jewish scriptures... that i agree to an extent.. but it didn't realize that the old testament isn't the only Jewish scripture in use... the Jews have the torah.. tanakh.. halakha .. talmud.. kabbalah etc... i guess we should accept those too right?
also it claims that the books are inspired... then why would God need councils of fallible men to decide which book would enter?? if they are inspired, why not just show it? why rely on men to decide... also... the councils that rejected certain books... are you saying they didn't have the holy spirit or were not born again??
the website also said that the doctrines must be in line with the Orthodox view.. on what authority does the Orthodox stand that it has to be a yardstick?
the website also listed “age" of a document or scripture as a basis for authenticity.. are you saying that God only inspired people in the first century? .. so if God shows something to someone today.. it's not authentic because its not old?.... so many things wrong with the writeup

2 Likes

Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Aug 14, 2017
ichuka:

Who are u referring to?Muafrika2 or wilgea7 ?

Your guess is as good as mine. cool
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52am On Aug 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:

before i am born again.. i need to accept Jesus as my lord and saviour.. and before i accept Jesus as my lord and saviour.. i need to see and know the alleged connection between this new testament Jesus and the old testament.. you can't arrive at point 2 without going through point 1... so once again... show me the alleged link between the old and new testament

The OT was God's promise that He would destroy death. The NT tells us how He did it. Check this link: www.NeedGod.com
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by ichuka(m): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Your guess is as good as mine. cool
Lol
Take a chill bro.
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03am On Sep 11, 2017
ichuka:

Lol
Take a chill bro.

Chill pill you mean. wink
Re: Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? by Ifelove1(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Well, not so difficult. 1cor 10:1-4 KJV:Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2KJV:And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3KJV:And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4KJV:And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

In the first verse, the word our Fathers referred to men under the old testament. Same used in Hebrews 1:1-3

KJV:God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2KJV:Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3KJV:Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

You will notice two things. The fact that fathers were talked about (these epistles were written by Jews). Also, they also spoke about the fulfilment of what spoken about to be Christ Jesus.

Luke24:25-27
25KJV:Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26KJV:Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27KJV:And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Luke24:44-47
44KJV:And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45KJV:Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
So46KJV:And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47KJV:And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The Old Testament books spoke concerning the person of Christ Jesus and what He was going to do via His humanity, death, burial, resurrection and consequently His ascension. The new testament books focus on the fulfillment of these prophecies and what is obtainable in Christ's redemptive work.
I don't want to bore you. let me give you a few prophecies and their fulfilment in Christ Jesus and the example of Abraham.

Christ Jesus' death for sin.
Prophecy
Isaiah 53:7:He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isaiah 53:10:Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Fulfillment:
Romans 5:6-8
[6]For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
[7]For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
[8]But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Christ Jesus'resurrection and consequently ascension.
Prophecy
Psalms 110:1
[1]The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Fulfilment
Ephesians 1:19-22
[19]And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
[20]Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
[21]Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
[22]And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
[1]Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
[2]By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
[3]For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[4]And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

There are also several other prophecies in the old testament books and their fulfilments explained in the new testament. The connection between the old and new testament is the person of Jesus Christ who gave Himself for our sins.

1 Corinthians 1:22-24
[22]For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[23]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[24]But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

About Abraham.. Genesis 15:4-6
[4]And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
[5]And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
[6]And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Genesis 22:1-2,8,14
[1]And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
[2]And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
[8]And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
[14]And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

Abraham's faith was an example written of in almost all the epistles. we see how that he was promised a son from his own seed. And Abraham believed. It was counted unto him for righteousness. We therefore see a pattern that righteousness/justification is by faith and we also are counted righteous when we believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Romans 4:22-25
[22]And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
[23]Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
[24]But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
[25]Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

The example of when he was asked to offer was more of a teaching. Hebrews 11:17-19
[17]By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
[18]Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
[19]Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

On that day when he was to offer Isaac, he actually understood the resurrection. The old testament was written in a form whereby God communicated His plan to save humanity and men could only understand in certain ways.

When we look at the law and sacrifices, they were point to the fact that they couldn't pay for sins on their own, thus requiring a sacrifice for sins.

Hebrews 10:1-14
[1]For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
[2]For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
[3]But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
[4]For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
[5]Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
[6]In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
[7]Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
[8]Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
[9]Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
[10]By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
[11]And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
[12]But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
[13]From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
[14]For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Like I said earlier, the link between the old and new testament is Christ Jesus. In the old testament, He is concealed, in the new, He is revealed. If you are interested. All you need to do is believe in Him.
Any further doubts??

(1) (Reply)

Adebayor Reveals Why He Converted To Muslim / Why You Should Not Pray For Your Enemy To Fall Down And Die. / 10 Richest Pastors In Nigirian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.