Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North (33153 Views)

Church Of Satan Blasts Buhari For Describing Benue Church Killings As 'Satanic' / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings, Blames Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Anti-Igbo Song Calling For Genocide In Circulation In Northern Nigeria - Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Kimcutie: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Hate Song Ignited The Rwandan Genocide, Says Goodluck

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has condemned the hate song about the Igbos which is being circulated in Northern Nigeria.

In a post on his Facebook page, Jonathan recalled that a similar song was what led to the Rwandan Genocide in which hundreds of thousands of people were killed. He also used the opportunity to condole with the people of Anambra State over the church attack in which 12 worshippers lost their lives.

He wrote;

"I am also disturbed about the news of a song celebrating hatred against a particular Nigerian ethnic group. Given that a similar song is what ignited the Rwandan Genocide, as a nation, we must not take these reports lightly. I urge the security services to do their utmost to nip this wickedness in the bud.

As I have said previously, we must understand and accept that all Nigerians are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one Nigeria. May this be uppermost in our minds as we pray that God may bless Nigeria."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1590515280998840&id=105479482835768

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by smartty68(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2017
Kimcutie:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has condemned the hate song about the Igbos which is being circulated in Northern Nigeria.

In a post on his Facebook page, Jonathan recalled that a similar song was what led to the Rwandan Genocide in which hundreds of thousands of people were killed. He also used the opportunity to condole with the people of Anambra State over the church attack in which 12 worshippers lost their lives.

He wrote;

"I am also disturbed about the news of a song celebrating hatred against a particular Nigerian ethnic group. Given that a similar song is what ignited the Rwandan Genocide, as a nation, we must not take these reports lightly. I urge the security services to do their utmost to nip this wickedness in the bud.

As I have said previously, we must understand and accept that all Nigerians are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one Nigeria. May this be uppermost in our minds as we pray that God may bless Nigeria."

http://www.thearticle.com.ng/news/hate-song-ignited-rwandan-genocide-says-goodluck-jonathan/

Lalasticlala
It pains me whenever our pasts and present leaders keeps using the term One Nigeria when they've done virtually nothing as leaders to prove that such an entity(One Nigeria) ever existed. I'm not fooled by their condolences no more undecided

97 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by adem30: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Where was he when the hate speeches have been coming from the East since 2015? Just less than a month that the abokis started to reply He now find his voice?

62 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by kokoA(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Kanu has been insulting everybody upandan, what did he say?

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by pryme(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Spoken like a true Slow Poke,
And when Nnamdi Kanu was circulating hate speeches and hate slangs (Zoo, Yooloba etc) among his ibo followers, your head was buried in the sand then? It's you the elders that are the problem, cos a yam can never be bigger than the knife.
Instead of you to call him to order you let the monster that you created become so big that you can no longer control it.

He started something the Northerns are only helping him to finish it.

Ask history cos this has always been the case.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by smartty68(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2017
adem30:
Where was he when the hate speeches have been coming from the East since 2015? Just less than a month that the abokis started to reply He now find his voice?
Don't mind the psychopath, he just found his voice undecided

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by pryme(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2017
kokoA:
Kanu has been insulting everybody upandan, what did he say?

Don't mind the slow poke.
It's cases like this that makes you see being old does not make you wise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by smartty68(m): 11:47am On Aug 09, 2017
See the posters above me attacking Nnamdi Kanu even when the thread topic doesn't concern him.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Kondomatic(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2017
adem30:
Buhari started his own hate speeches in 2011. Four years before Nnamdi Kanu started.

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by adem30: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2017
Kondomatic:
Buhari started his own hate speeches in 2011. Four years before Nnamdi Kanu started.

Okay, then stop crying and let everyone back to his tent

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by adem30: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Someone should ask this Jonathan if the following are the love speeches from Nnamdi KANU

Anybody who voted or supported Buhari, give me a gun, I will shoot the person dead, and go to prison."

-Nnamdi Kanu...speaking to a gathering of Igbo people on World Igbo Day in Los Angeles earlier this year.

"You must come out to support what we are doing. We need guns, and we need bullets...To kill somebody is very difficult for us, so to ask a gathering of igbo people that we need guns and bullets, and weapons would be very very difficult to address, but without it, Hausa people will barrage us."

-Nnamdi Kanu...speaking to a gathering of Igbo people on World Igbo Day in Los Angeles earlier this year.

"If they fail to give us Biafra, Somalia will look like a paradise compared to what will happen to that ZOO (Nigeria). It is a promise, it is a pledge, and it is also a threat to them."

-Nnami Kanu...during an interview with Sahara Reporters in March, 2014

"If they do not give us Biafra, there will be nothing living in that very zoo they call Nigeria. Nothing will survive there, I can assure you...I do not believe in peaceful actualization of what ever the rubbish is called. I have never seen where you become free by peaceful means."

Below are links to the videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPQOPEH-0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI95DOvNb8Y

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Joeoku5: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Is that all you could say on this serious issue about the hate song against the Igbos in the north that can trigger genocide
You are a former President of Nigeria that ruled with cowardness and up till date you are still afraid to caution the perpetrators of the hate song or even advise the igbos to relocate to their states to avoid massacre as was planned
What a coward Jonathan that cannot hit the nail by the head

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by rusher14: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Jonathan has always been a dundee.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by smartty68(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
Joeoku5:
Is that all you could say on this serious issue about the hate song against the Igbos in the north that can trigger genocide
You are a former President of Nigeria that ruled with cowardness and up till date you are still afraid to caution the perpetrators of the hate song or even advise the igbos to relocate to their states to avoid massacre as was planned
What a coward Jonathan that cannot hit the nail by the head
Our leaders needs jungle juctice

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by smartty68(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
adem30:
Someone should ask this Jonathan if the following are the love speeches from Nnamdi KANU

Anybody who voted or supported Buhari, give me a gun, I will shoot the person dead, and go to prison."

"You must come out to support what we are doing. We need guns, and we need bullets...To kill somebody is very difficult for us, so to ask a gathering of igbo people that we need guns and bullets, and weapons would be very very difficult to address, but without it, Hausa people will barrage us."

"If they fail to give us Biafra, Somalia will look like a paradise compared to what will happen to that ZOO (Nigeria). It is a promise, it is a pledge, and it is also a threat to them."

"If they do not give us Biafra, there will be nothing living in that very zoo they call Nigeria. Nothing will survive there, I can assure you...I do not believe in peaceful actualization of what ever the rubbish is called. I have never seen where you become free by peaceful means."

Below are links to the videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPQOPEH-0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI95DOvNb8Y
Quick questions;
1. What's Nigeria to you?
2. Are you okay with the current situation in Nigeria?
3. What approach should be taken in making Nigeria a better country?

Buhari Hate Speech in 2011
Barely six weeks before the 2015 presidential elections, a new video has surfaced on the Internet which showed Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, inciting his supporters in northern Nigeria for violence after the 2011 presidential election.

According to the 1 minutes 56 seconds clip posted on Youtube.com, the former Head of State was captured on camera calling on thousands of his supporters who gathered at a rally held in Minna, Niger State, to go all out to cast their votes and to kill anyone who stops them from doing this.

It was disclosed that Buhari's call for violence after the 2011 election subsequently led to mass bloodshed in many parts of northern Nigeria after the presidential election that saw the election of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Below is the video posted on YouTube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2Bel548kY

It would be noted that despite the bloodshed that ensued after the 2011 presidential polls as a result of Gen Buhari's call for violence, the APC candidate for next year's presidential election has not come out to deny the allegations.

As a result of this, many Nigerians that commented after seeing the video questioned why a party (APC) that calls for CHANGE would present Buhari as his candidate.

It would be recalled that recently the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Reuben Abati, shared a scandalous extract from the WikiLeaks document, containing numerous allegations related to Gen. Buhari.

According to another portion of leaked documents dating back to 2003, Bola Tinubu (Lagos State Governor at that time) urged the Alliance for Democracy to support Olusegun Obasanjo over Buhari, claiming that Buhari's ethnocentrism would jeopardize Nigeria’s national unity.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by adem30: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
smartty68:

Quick questions;
2. Are you okay in the current situation in Nigeria?

1. Nigeria is my beloved country
2. No
3. Collectively fight our leaders to demand a good governance. Forgetting about ethnicity because those fools only bring in ethnicity and religion when something is not in their personal favour. But united when they are sharing money. Mind you, no leader will succeeded if we don't cooperate with him/her to fight our thieves .

Thanks

24 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by adem30: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
smartty68:

Quick questions;
2. Are you okay in the current situation in Nigeria?

Now help Jonathan to answer my questions

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by TheHistorian(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Leonbonapart(m): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
If they like they should release album... they will be surprised at what is installed for them

Children of Islam everywhere
#Islamabad

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Buhari has not condemned the song

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by KinzyeWriter(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Reoccur - Recur

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
When will he change his Facebook profile picture?

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Donshemzy1234: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
Now that's a leader.

Check my signature to redeem your gift cards. No stories.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Buharimustgo: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
All I see in Nairaland everyday is Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
You could have done better as a president Mr Joe. It's all good though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North by Opinedecandid(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
Always a good man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Kneel Down, Sing & Pray With Riffles Over Deaths / Peter Obi: We Will Decongest Lagos Seaport And Move To Other Seaports / Desmond Elliot Receives His Certificate Of Return (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.