Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? (41456 Views)

India Man Installs Lifelike Wax Statue Of Late Wife During House Warming (Pics) / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / My Husband Snatched My Company, Sold My Property To Marry Our Salesgirl (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

If the child had known him as father, if he has given the child his name, if he has signed to be the child's father, he may be forced to pay child support. Law takes the child into consideration in some cases.

Sexual frustration or cheating can happen to males and females. Just like men also cheat esp if the wife's job takes her outside 5he home for extended periods of time and people would say sex is important in marriage, so does a wife also need her husband to have sex with her too. So yes, the temptation may come. You don't blame a cheating man when his wife is a workaholic and is always not around why then do you think the woman should be abandoned in a cold bed and the man feigning he doesn't know she misses sex too?

You just speak my mind. What a wicked world that woman is being judge for d same offense that when man committed will go freely. No one is even considering the situation of the woman. It's a pity!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
majekdom2:
are you for real.... all of those were done in deceit. @ bolded, you are thinking with your p*ssy now. A man is out there struggling to provide for his family and you want to blame him for being away. I fear women like you ooo. If he is broke now, another problem.

If he was jobless and she the bread winner but she has to travel a lot for her job and he does the same thing eg sleeping with house help and impregnating her, would you call him a fool who does not appreciate his wife's efforts? Would you not ask her why she did not find a job that would give her time for her family? Answer me first before I know what to tell you.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Iamsammy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=delishpot post=59315263]

If the child had known him as father, if he has given the child his name, if he has signed to be the child's father, he may be forced to pay child support. Law takes the child into consideration in some cases.

Even wen a qualified medical prational confirm d child not to b mine? Its like ur head is painning sir
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
goldedprince:

lol, i dey tell you. some guys dey Bleep up. any woman wey do that kain nonsense to me or any of my relative, i go sniff her life mercilessly

If she is my person I will hunt your whole generations down even to the 10th. You think only you has monopoly over violence? Shoot! gone re the days o. Just leave her jejely. If she catches you red handed will she kill you? If she does kill you I will personally arrange her jail time or dash her to your family to deal with. All life is sacred.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
Shagati:
Egunmogaji
Come and see Somtin o!

Since it's in Nigeria grin

Eyi ta wi fongbon logbon ngbon, itakun toni kerin ma wodo, toun terin lo nlo, eyin iya mi osoronga.......and so on and so forth wink

vvvvvvvvv

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Iamsammy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
sunkky83:

You just speak my mind. What a wicked world that woman is being judge for d same offense that when man committed will go freely. No one is even considering the situation of the woman. It's a pity!
even to d extent of d bastard child and even made d man believe na em born d pikin?
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=Iamsammy post=59316147][/quote]

This is 2hy Nigeria is so backward. Simple research our youths can not do. What a shame you rather resort to insults than find out things. I pity your future.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

If he was jobless and she the bread winner but she has to travel a lot for her job and he does the same thing eg sleeping with house help and impregnating her, would you call him a fool who does not appreciate his wife's efforts? Would you not ask her why she did not find a job that would give her time for her family? Answer me first before I know what to tell you.
I will call him a fool. Yes, I do not support cheating especially to the face of your partner. It tells loads of wickedness and hate. If you are tempted and want to cheat... your business. But it's best you keep it away, I mean away from your partner for the sake of the marriage. It's obvious the lady gives no Bleep. I am not a male chauvinist that sees no wrong in males and sees all wrong in females. I like to treat people the way I want to be treated. Next time, don't assume everyone on NL is like what you have in your thoughts or encountered.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Prechy08(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Fake story joor, how can this sort happen in 9ja, u lied till you forgot story setting.
First in 9ja nothing like property division.
Secondly if what u say Is true, the wife would be ashamed of herself and will not show her face
3rdly a 9ja guy in Nigeria will just throw her away
I SMELL LIES

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by shortiespro: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
My friend pls hear my own ... this is the reason why you need to go for counseling before wedding then marriage after .... most people don't cherish this things they see it as a waste of time ... well if your friend did court wedding she has a right to some % of his property no matter what ... there's no way the court will end the marriage without her getting a thing from this guy... shikena ... from experience ... take it or leave it .. my advice to your guy... let him have a say of his own and stand on whatever percent he's going to give her ... I don't mean to interfere na online we dey ... if no court wedding she deserve no pin ..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
All the op story revolves around DNA. He must be a DNA marketer
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by king9952: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Wait, is she getting the properties as reward for screwing his life and making a fool of him?

She was caught cheating,
A divorce has been filed,
A DNA test has proven the boy not to be his?

And he is scared she'd get half of his properties..

Your friend is obviously a sîssy!
Sissies don't merit my advice.

Obviously you have showcase your gross ignorance of international law in confluence with civil matters. Infidelity does not exempt husband of his previous responsibilities during marriage agreement neither does it denied the wife of her equal ownership of all their properties even if she did not work for them if the couple happened to live in Europe or North American Continent, except if pre-nuptial agreement was signed before the couple got married. As for this case, the only chance this young man has would be to hire a well seasoned marital lawyer who can prove to the court that the child is not his base on DNA test , that would nullified child support arrangement against him, but the property division and alimony stays with the decision of court if there were non existing pre-nuptial agreement.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
majekdom2:
I will call him a fool. Yes, I do not support cheating especially to the face of your partner. It tells loads of wickedness and hate. If you are tempted and want to cheat... your business. But it's best you keep it away, I mean away from your partner for the sake of the marriage. It's obvious the lady gives no Bleep. I am not a male chauvinist that sees no wrong in males and sees all wrong in females. I like to treat people the way I want to be treated. Next time, don't assume everyone on NL is like what you have in your thoughts or encountered.

Ok. Then we on the same wavelength. 2hat has happened has happened. He has decided to leave. You it was generalising women as being cursed by their vajayjay and I am telling you it's no different from men being cursed by their too if we want to use the same measure for people who cheat on their spouses. That was the point I was trying to make. Besides, I did not assume I clearly asked you to tell me where you stand before I conclude on the answer to give to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by jjjjj2017: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
correctguy101:

Brother I need the contact of the human right activist please. I need professional advice.
Can I pm u?
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Iamsammy(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

This is 2hy Nigeria is so backward. Simple research our youths can not do. What a shame you rather resort to insults than find out things. I pity your future.
so na to collect bastard go make w go forward oga forward match, I rather pity ur future bros coz there's no way I can kip a basterd under my roof thinking he/she is mine. If I want to abduct a child, datz a different ball game Mr no it all

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Iamsammy:
so na to collect bastard go make w go forward oga forward match, I rather pity ur future bros coz there's no way I can kip a basterd under my roof thinking he/she is mine. If I want to abduct a child, datz a different ball game Mr no it all

See the problem again? I clearly said research on the possibility of it happening that a man would be forced to pay child support. I did not say accept a bastard. What is my own with your bastards? Na my mama born am for Una? You see how you may destroy your future with your strong head and bad mouth?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

Ok. Then we on the same wavelength. 2hat has happened has happened. He has decided to leave. You it was generalising women as being cursed by their vajayjay and I am telling you it's no different from men being cursed by their too if we want to use the same measure for people who cheat on their spouses. That was the point I was trying to make. Besides, I did not assume I clearly asked you to tell me where you stand before I conclude on the answer to give to you.
just understand some done communicate as we expect. I would think that the missing word is "some" instead of the generalisation.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

If she is my person I will hunt your whole generations down even to the 10th. You think only you has monopoly over violence? Shoot gone re the days o. Just leave her jejely. If she catches you red handed will she kill you? If she does kill you I will personally arrange her jail time or dash her to your family to deal with. All life is sacred.
stop talking like you know every one. There are women that have killed their husbands because they couldn't cope with his cheating. We should condemn what's wrong and stop this gender thingy.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by marv1: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
What is s woman doing with a man when her toto can not travel with the husband.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by helpee(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

Simple research on Google na! Let me help you half way, type can a 'man be forced to pay child support for a baby that is not his' and you will get some feedback.
statistic which some may find surprising, a full third of all children born in the United States each year are born to unmarried parents. Historically, the only way to definitively prove paternity was for the mother of the child to file a paternity suit, however more recently, the laws have changed to allow either parent to file a paternity suit to establish the father-child relationship. Depending on the results of the DNA test, the child’s birth certificate will be changed to reflect—or remove—the name of the father. If paternity is definitely established, child support will be ordered by the state.

The Legalities of Fatherhood

THIS is what the research on Google brought. Study it well....once paternity is established using DNA, they remove the name of the fathet from the birth certificate and the man is absolved from child support. So brother...nobody can force you to pay child support for a child not yours if you pursue the case

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
majekdom2:
just understand some done communicate as we expect. I would think that the missing word is "some" instead of the generalisation.

I get ya.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by AngelicBeing: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
InvertedHammer:

If in USA, he is screwed. A child born in marriage is automatically his child irrespective of what the DNA shows. Had it been they were not married, he could easily wriggle out of it by 1) Challenging the authority of DCSS to collect a debt that is not within its power by the Title IV-D of the Social Security Act of 1975. 2) Using the DNA to file a motion to compel the mother to identify the father of the child.
Some states are no fault state and any properties acquired during the course of the marriage is shared equally between the two parties. What state is this case in? Any property acquired before the date of the marriage cannot be shared whether there is a pre-nuptial agreement or not.

Solution: Have your friend schedule appointments with three different fsmily attorneys who specialize only in divorce. He should use the three different opinions and advices to move forward.
\
Exactly, well said, I know of 2 people that had similar issues, and it went in favor of the useless women sad
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by multicolored(f): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
What's the name of this movie?
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
helpee:
statistic which some may find surprising, a full third of all children born in the United States each year are born to unmarried parents. Historically, the only way to definitively prove paternity was for the mother of the child to file a paternity suit, however more recently, the laws have changed to allow either parent to file a paternity suit to establish the father-child relationship. Depending on the results of the DNA test, the child’s birth certificate will be changed to reflect—or remove—the name of the father. If paternity is definitely established, child support will be ordered by the state.

The Legalities of Fatherhood

THIS is what the research on Google brought. Study it well....once paternity is established using DNA, they remove the name of the fathet from the birth certificate and the man is absolved from child support. So brother...nobody can force you to pay child support for a child not yours if you pursue the case

https://www.google.rs/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4117362/amp/Oklahoma-man-forced-pay-child-support-s-kid-didn-t-girlfriend-cheating-time.html
Thomas did not think his wife was cheating on him when she became pregnant
He asked for a DNA test when the child turned three which proved he wasn't the father
Oklahoma law says someone must ask for a paternity test within two years or be forced to pay child support
An Oklahoma man is being forced to pay child support for another man's child because he ordered a paternity test too late.

Thomas, who did not give his last name, asked for a paternity test for his three year old son when his marriage fell apart.

I want to believe this ops man is abroad and I did not say he will definitely be forced to pay. I clearly said in some instances he may be forced to pay. So it's not impossible.
Plus alimony is not judged by cheating, unless they had a prenup she still could get half of his property depending g on their marriage and things that happened while they were married.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Leebeedo(m): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
dominique:
Since it has been proven that the child is not his, she has no right to anything.
Don't spill out your opinion if you don't know what to share. Posting a comment is not mandatory.
As for the poster, it really depends on the country your friend resides. For the fact that I can see "child support" in your post, permit me to assume that your friend is based in the US. Even of the child is not your friend's, there's a possibility that the wife will most probably get part of his property. I ain't no lawyer, tell your friend to get a lawyer.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Moborlarh(f): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
End time Wife
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Iamsammy(m): 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

See the problem again? I clearly said research on the possibility of it happening that a man would be forced to pay child support. I did not say accept a bastard. What is my own with your bastards? Na my mama born am for Una? You see how you may destroy your future with your strong head and bad mouth?
e b like say frustration dey ur body dz night, wat has destroying of future gat to do with a woman DAT betray ur marital trust to d extent funicating in her matrimonial home, abeg carry ur frustration go front no vex

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by thesuave10(m): 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
delishpot:

Imbeecile

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
Greenbullet:
9ja

People, please read before commenting.

This is in Nigeria and not USA.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
Iamsammy:
e b like say frustration dey ur body dz night, wat has destroying of future gat to do with a woman DAT betray ur marital trust to d extent funicating in her matrimonial home, abeg carry ur frustration go front no vex

Well, it's fun when the insult is first hurled at me right? When I give mine back you call me frustrated? This life sef ehn.... If God starts punishing wicked people who knowingly step on others but cry of pain when you tap their shoulders to say they stepped on your toes.
You dont know foul mouth can destroy someone's destiny? It can even destroy a nation you no know?

See simple advice. You dey tear cloth. I say I weep for you but you take it as insult. Go and sin no more.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
thesuave10:

Imbeecile

Smart pants I sight you. No anointing oil and Holly water for your prayer table?
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by BiiDii(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
Na 4 naija dis 1 dey happen, share property kwa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.