Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World (38981 Views)

240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / Leatherback Sea Turtle Caught In Bayelsa - Foropa Kingdom Island (Photos) / Man Captures Crocodile In Lagos Island. Drags It On The Ground, Police Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Bellfun(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2017
Explorers:

Its not about the length, width, or height but the total available space in the vessel from deck 1, deck 2, deck 3, deck4, deck 5, to the last deck including the open deck on the vessel.

Put together 10 football pitches, fill the space with vehicles, trucks, bulldozers, cars and excavators.

Every thing on that 10football pitches will go into that vessel from deck 1 to the last deck.

The vessel can take almost 9,000 vehicles including heavy vehicles.

Can a football field take 1,000 cars?

Explorers..I know..I pointed it out just for emphasis sake.... nothing more!
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Dexema(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2017
These one's are grandpa ships, making normal ships look like toys.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by tk4rd: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2017
UncleSnr:
After reading all these, someone will come and tell me Noah's ark folklore is real.
Now,, I'm very much interested in this very topic..
Why is it not real.??
Any other person here that thinks the story of Noah is Real or Not-Real should also do so with valid points.
Oga Explorers,, I hope you would help us in this one too
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Explorers(m): 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
hahn:
Don't forget the Ijaw vessels ooo grin

grin

Lalasticlala
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by seunny4lif(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
You no well ooooh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dalek:

A ship shipping ship, shipping shipping ships.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Juliearth(f): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
okotv:
I am very much interested in this cause the marine environment is my domain

You must be a 'Fish.' No pun intended #sarcasm
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by bejeria101(m): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
Explorers:
The Harmony of the Seas, pictured arriving into Southampton, is the biggest cruise ship in the world with a length of 1,188ft, 18 decks and a maximum capacity for 6,780 passengers.

Cost: $1.35 billion (2015).

https://www.nairaland.com/3536241/2016-ms-harmony-seas-worlds

Mother of my ancestors!

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by seunny4lif(m): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
Explorers:
Antartica/Arctic explorer.

One of the largest and most powerful icebreakers in the world.

Russian icebreaker, Kapitan Khlebnikov.

Monster: A lone human stands next to the Russian icebreaker Kapitan Khlebnikov, specially designed to sail in freezing conditions and break through thick ice

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Juliearth(f): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
These vessels are captivating.
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by wink2015(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nigerian leaders have mortgage our future for their own financial gains

We are unable to achieve this great technological feat because of visionless leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
It's stuff like this that drove me to do marine engineering and now I regret it big time.
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by dingbang(m): 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dalek:

grin
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Explorers:
Worlds largest container vessel.

Stretching a quarter of a mile and weighing a mighty 210, 890 tonnes.

The 21,413 TEU OOCL Hong Kong, which can carry up to 21,000 20ft containers.

if this one sink ehnnnn... the suicide wey importers go dey comit ehnn

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Sagay212: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Our own for Africa na to chop, phuck, go to church and mosque, do juju, steal govt money and waste for abroad. May God help us ooo. Abi nor be human beings build all these ships?

6 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by LeoFish92(m): 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
ajalawole:
explorer, pls what are those masts for?
To draw Glo network from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Explorers:
Hoegh Target, the world’s largest car transporter, can carry 8,500 vehicles(Ro-Ro) including bulldozers, trucks, excavators, tractors and boasts deck space the size of ten football pitches.

Vessel's 14 deck is the size of 10 football fields and it can carry 8,500 vehicles measuring 26 miles if put end to end.

ubok Abasiiiiii !!! how many football fields
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by stanisbaratheon: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
Naval architecture is my dream

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dalek:

If not for the white men coming to enslave us, we would have built bigger ships and technologies by now.
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dalek:

If not for the white men coming to enslave us, we would have built bigger ships and technologies by now /s
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Bondesniger(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
imagine a ship carrying 4000 40fit containers
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by rozayx5(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Zetra:

I know of this because it is "Egina FPSO Project".
it will sail to Lagos commissioned at Takawa bay then permanently move to akwaibom...

some part of the module is being built here in Nigeria it started during Gej way of pushing for local content...

wow Akwa Ibom

is it mobil Owned

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by Iamsheye(m): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
It's stuff like this that drove me to do marine engineering and now I regret it big time.
why
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
rozayx5:

wow Akwa Ibom

is it mobil Owned

the name of that ship is "PRELUDE"
The name of the Akwa Ibom own is "Egina" but hv the same design but very different in capacity and production... and it belongs to Total... not Mobil.

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by effty(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
Zetra:

I know of this because it is "Egina FPSO Project".
it will sail to Lagos commissioned at Takawa bay then permanently move to akwaibom...

some part of the module is being built here in Nigeria it started during Gej way of pushing for local content...
Way off the truth.
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by ceragon123: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
Explorers:

Its not about the length, width, or height but the total available space in the vessel from deck 1, deck 2, deck 3, deck4, deck 5, to the last deck including the open deck on the vessel.

Put together 10 football pitches, fill the space with vehicles, trucks, bulldozers, cars and excavators.

Every thing on that 10football pitches will go into that vessel from deck 1 to the last deck.

The vessel can take almost 9,000 vehicles including heavy vehicles.

Can a football field take 1,000 cars?

Simple
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by vuc1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
If men can do these wonderful things imagine how sophisticated my God is.May God help me to utilize at least 70% of my brain capability before I check out of this world.

7 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by vuc1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
If men can do these wonderful things imagine how sophisticated my God is.May God help me to utilize at least 70% of my brain capability before I check out of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
Iamsheye:
why
Very stupid course. Getting an engine cadet position is almost impossible nowadays , if you aren't connected or lucky enough to be placed in college then just forget it. And without the engine cadet position you can't get a license and the degree is totally useless without a license.
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by akaahs(m): 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
Opps what about freedom ship that is tip to be longest nd largest ship in d world.
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by timilehin007(m): 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
Explorer
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by sinaj(f): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
why r u regrettin it?
Re: Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
sinaj:
why r u regrettin it?
I already answered that in my previous post. Check it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area / 20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) / Meet Temitope Ogunsemo, Founder Of Krystal Digital, A $3 Million Edtech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.