Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Did You Marry The Wrong Person? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Marry The Wrong Person? (13164 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by newcreatio(m): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
I would not say i married the wrong person though we have issues, typically like twice or more a week. I enjoy them despite the heat of it.
I want out though, but she's a lovely person when no issues are headlines!

Sometimes I get furious and want to deal with her, even in that, i can feel her pains as i feel mine.

The thing is we both need to work on each other and let, i don't even know what to say,

Whatever it is LIFE IS GREAT, LOVE IS GREAT, MARRIAGE IS A CHALLENGE! grin
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by Thelmabee: 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
Well said newcreatio
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by newcreatio(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2010
Just today alone I have been so concerned for her welfare
had to walk her to the road and stayed for her to get a taxi and we were laughing and having fun just
standing there, and in the midst of that said, I could jump rite in front of a taxi
Smilingly, she said "it will be a great relief for me if u are dead."
I smiled back, and said "in ur dreams, I ain't goin no where babe!"
We said some other nasty things to each other and we
both knew we didn't mean them.

Maybe marriage is really like a Seasonal movie, some episodes are romantic,
others are thrilling and chilling,, some warfare, tension and character assasination,
and all sorts of really f**ckd up things.

its both fun and not fun men, Lord have mercy on us 9my wife and I) cry
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by Davidandgo: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2010
There is no perfect Husband or Wife. we need God's help and guidance in making the right choices. and for those who made the wrong choice, they can either pray for a miracle or accept what life has dealt them and move on. remember, divorce is bad for children!!!  angry
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by wales(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ femi4love, i have been married for about 7years any thing bad on that.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by Thelmabee: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
@newcreatio
omg, better be careful what you say to her then good or bad, its possible to vexed her earlier .

Man ! truth is; you have all the answers to the puzzle.I've to come to learn that when you sincerely play the fool for your wife seeking happines you most definitely will get it - just allowing a woman be right more than half of the time is the begining of wisdom.
Word!
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by MsTom(f): 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
Thelmabee:

@newcreatio
omg, better be careful what you say to her then good or bad, its possible to vexed her earlier .

Man ! truth is; you have all the answers to the puzzle.I've to come to learn that when you sincerely play the fool for your wife seeking happines you most definitely will get it - just allowing a woman be right more than half of the time is the begining of wisdom.
Word!

so true. works for both parties. I learnt that myself
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by MsTom(f): 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
newcreatio:

Just today alone I have been so concerned for her welfare
had to walk her to the road and stayed for her to get a taxi and we were laughing and having fun just
standing there, and in the midst of that said, I could jump rite in front of a taxi
Smilingly, she said "it will be a great relief for me if u are dead."
I smiled back, and said "in your dreams, I ain't goin no where babe!"
We said some other nasty things to each other and we
both knew we didn't mean them.

Maybe marriage is really like a Seasonal movie, some episodes are romantic,
others are thrilling and chilling,, some warfare, tension and character assasination,
and all sorts of really f**ckd up things.

its both fun and not fun men, Lord have mercy on us 9my wife and I) cry

That is plain scary. I cant say that to any man not to talk of my hubby and he dare not say such to me cos I would be very angry. Change your communication styles please.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by newcreatio(m): 7:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Thelmabee
@Davidandgo

I think u are right. Just this afternoon I got a movie on this whole issue and thot we both
shud watch it,titled "FIREPROOF" abt a couple goin thru dis hell we are talkin about. Went home
for lunch, copied it to her harddrive and while munching lunch, more like "brunch" anyway
she made annoyin remarks about the guy (who was like me accordin to her) and I fired back at the woman (who was like her to me)
in the movie.

I didnt finish the movie cos I had to get back to the office.

Its unfortunate that "therapy" doesn't exist here in Nigeria that we could go to.
Everyone seems to talk about goin to church, seein a pastor, and
unfortunately i don't fancy that much. I just want out (am not sure of that either)
Maybe i am just goin thru  A MID-LIFE CRISIS! shocked

Right now, its 7:30pm, am in the office, don't wanna go home cry
PS:
The movie FIREPROOF was acted the by same guys in LEFT BEHIND series, or so I think cause I saw the guy who acted the journalist in it.
It seemed like a xtian movie or something.

Follow this link in case u wanna see the movie http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/

Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by Thelmabee: 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
OMG !
HOW could you do that,
thought we were trying to do damage control here buddy,
don't play games with her(she knows).
Have you heard jordin spark's battlefield? is dt what you are trying to turn your home into?
You guys have to talk,
Like call her into the room,lock the door(ds is to imply that if this problem is not solved ,no one is leaving the room)
an d begin to talk,yes talk, and start from the begining.
Man you have to be sincere about how you want for both of you to be happy again,
and pleassse let me quikly add-DO NOT ARGUE WITH HER.
Let her talk and you lesson more,for God sake this is thesame woman you feel inlove with years ago and YOU, THESAME GUY SHE FELL INLOVE WITH TOO,so hey its easy,it'll take time but you guys will work if u respect each other and you don't play games,don't make that love a battlefield.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by FISAN: 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2010
yes i did and unfortunately i am divorced with a kid.
GOD HELP US angry
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by DeepSoul(f): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
Not married yet.

Supposed to be soon.

My feet feel like ice . . . . .

All these topics on NL arent helping my increasingly frozen feet sad
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by fifi09(f): 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
newcreatio:

@Thelmabee
@Davidandgo

I think u are right. Just this afternoon I got a movie on this whole issue and thot we both
shud watch it,titled "FIREPROOF" abt a couple goin thru dis hell we are talkin about. Went home
for lunch, copied it to her harddrive and while munching lunch, more like "brunch" anyway
she made annoyin remarks about the guy (who was like me accordin to her)] and I fired back at the woman (who was like her to me)
in the movie.

Its unfortunate that "therapy" doesn't exist here in Nigeria that we could go to.
unfortunately i don't fancy that much. I just want out (am not sure of that either)
Maybe i am just goin thru  A MID-LIFE CRISIS! shocked

PS:
The movie FIREPROOF was acted the by same guys in LEFT BEHIND series, or so I think cause I saw the guy who acted the journalist in it.

Follow this link in case u wanna see the movie http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/
@bolded: what if you laughed it off and continue watching the movie, won't that make a difference?

Just because there are issues you don't agree on does not mean that your marriage is over, it's how you approach your marital issues that will make a difference.

Step back and give yourself some time to think. What do YOU really want? What would it be like if you could get your marriage back on track again? Set some time aside for the two of YOU to get to the bottom of what is really going on. It is important that YOU TWO try to focus not just on the words being said, but what may possibly be implied as well.

When you love someone you gotta to love everything about them Not just the good things but the bad things too.
Communication is the key to a succesful marriage. Good luck!
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by guseman(m): 12:49am On Feb 20, 2010
Why do you marry that person in the first place? What makes you feel you are with the wrong person? Please honest answer so that 'we' the potential couples will learn from you guys mistake.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2010
fifi09:

@bolded: what if you laughed it off and continue watching the movie, won't that make a difference?

Just because there are issues you don't agree on does not mean that your marriage is over, it's how you approach your marital issues that will make a difference.

Step back and give yourself some time to think. What do YOU really want? What would it be like if you could get your marriage back on track again? Set some time aside for the two of YOU to get to the bottom of what is really going on. It is important that YOU TWO try to focus not just on the words being said, but what may possibly be implied as well.

When you love someone you gotta to love everything about them Not just the good things but the bad things too.
Communication is the key to a succesful marriage. Good luck!

It s not easy to love the Bad things,Compare itto sombody stabbing u with a knife everyday and U smiling and urging the person to Go ahead.

newcreatio:

@Thelmabee
@Davidandgo

she made annoyin remarks about the guy (who was like me accordin to her) and I fired back at the woman (who was like her to me)
in the movie.

Maybe i am just goin thru A MID-LIFE CRISIS! shocked

PS:

Bros,if a marriage has gotten to that level of u not wanting to go home then there is a serious problem in the air.Try and sit her down and tell her the things that u do not like about the situation.If She TRULY LOVES U,she ll change but if not,talking to her or giving her so many movies to watch will not change the situation.

@ POster
Been married for 2yrs.Felt like that so many times but She is still the BEST for me
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by fifi09(f): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2010
newtontoyo:

It s not easy to love the Bad things,Compare itto sombody stabbing u with a knife everyday and U smiling and urging the person to Go ahead.

I do Not and will Never encourage unhealthy or violent relationships. All i'm saying is that No one has the perfect marriage or perfect spouse. Learn to love that person you married. Good, bad, it doesn't matter (loving the bad things - meaning accepting your partner's flaws. Since no one is perfect, you want to learn to appreciate the differences between the TWO of you. Trying to change her/him after getting married will only make both of you miserable.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by angels1: 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2010
ppl shld learn to love who they marry and not maryy who they love because what we call love most times is lust or obession
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by Akebulan: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2010
angels1:

ppl shld learn to love who they marry and not maryy who they love because what we call love most times is lust or obession

Then maybe what people need to do is learn to differentiate between love, lust and obsession. I'd say, marry who you love.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by GEW: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
angels1:

my lovely ma inlaw said marrying the wrong person is a self inflicted sabotage and a form of self imprisonment.

why would you deliberately torture yourself? is anyone really worth it?
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by ReLaTE(m): 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2010
Everyone is nw claiming married.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by manmustwac(m): 12:59am On Feb 21, 2010
not yet but am about to
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by biina: 9:40am On Feb 21, 2010
I wear my wedding ring on the wrong finger because I married the wrong woman grin
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by H2O2: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2010
I'm not married, yet.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by newcreatio(m): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2010
I wear my wedding ring on the wrong finger because I married the wrong woman

@biina

It didnt occur to me that I could do your style y'know.
In my frustration I threw mine away in a bridge with water flowing under. angry
Now I walk freely without a ring, I think its a beta message than throwing it away.
If i buy anoda one, that is an "if", but if i did buy anoda one, I'll do just like you. wink
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by frankbuchi: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2010
No! There is no wrong person. But a wrong mindset

Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by aseju: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2010
It can cross ones mind as such when the turbulence of marriage gets rough some times. However, if both parties are committed to the relationship, they wont want to crashland together. It has crossed my mind at such times, we survived it. It is a life long project that you work on. It can be gratifying when you look back at the journey. The challenges will surely be there regardless of whomever you take this journey with. I pray mine to be a never-ending one. I am with the RIGHT one.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by ayodele123(m): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2010
I married the right person despite the marital challenges i have.
If you believe that you have married the wrong person, it simply means that you are also a wrong person to your partner.
So, you need to check yourself and put right what is wrong in you as a first duty.
Then you will see your partner as the right person.
As simple as it is.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by sweetliet: 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2010
may God not let us marry d wrong person jare
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by tanimz(f): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
H2O2:

I'm not married, yet.

I asked you to marry me.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by aseju: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
tanimz:

I asked you to marry me.

Is he the right person or you will find that out later.
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by tanimz(f): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2010
aseju:

Is he the right person or you will find that out later.

LOL. . . We (H202 and I) both know the answer to that wink wink wink wink
Re: Did You Marry The Wrong Person? by ekundayok: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
sorry easyman,pls take it easy.  I ve never dated the
                   wrong guy,I am happy to say,I am bless with my guy.He is God
                        sent angel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Dad To Go Through His Daughter's Phone? Could He Be Any More Overbearing? / Corrections Men Hate From Women! / Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.