Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian (22756 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian / 7 Things You Find In A Typical Nigerian Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by MadCow1: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
True
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
U DID NAT LISTED THE TWO WORD NIGERIA, wr u'll hr words lik...

follow follow
copy copy
kumbia kumbia
mago mago
mu-mu
ye-ye, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
fastgyal:
True. pls nominate fastgyal for Miss NL 2017
thanks a lot.

r u a stripper??
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by shevy878: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
No2 is very typical of Nigerians.
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by wordproof: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nice one...
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Childofaking: 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
Bros, uncle is not anything. Because armrobbers self wey wan rob person dey call am bros or uncle.

1 Like

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by naturebase: 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lol very true
I love my people.
One Nigeria.
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Reference(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
Having multiple phones and all the networks is just common sense in my opinion. I have all the networks on seperate phone and two tabs for data. That is six. None is practical, none is reliable. In Nigeria having multiple redundancies is common sense. The service industry is piss poor. Imagine trying to make a transfer over the holidays and the recepient didn't get it till the following day. Why wouldn't you have multiple accounts you can access through multiple networks via multiple devices. I hate failure of any kind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by 50shadesofme: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
First and foremost they are very very loud grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by charlsecy(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
JARUSHUB:
There are certain unmistakable signs that you’re dealing with a typical Nigerian that are hard to ignore. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency....
What is this Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency?
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by kiss4life(m): 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
No be only that two o, what about '' Na'' eg
How far na
Where you dey na

2 Likes

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Afobear: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
nigerians are very loud

4 Likes

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by juman(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Funny. grin

nigerians are wonderful people, but the country always have senseless "leaders".

APC is a curse.
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by cr7rooney10(m): 7:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
God bless nigeria
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Trippledee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
I love Nigeria
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by NCANpatroller: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
fastgyal:
thanks a lot.

Why?
Are you brains with beauty or you just like it from behind?
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
True dat
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by chysam: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
ITbomb:
Typical Nigerians

1. When you call them on phone, if they know you they shout your name first, if they don't know the number, they do 20 questions with you.
You rarely hear a Nigerian answering a call with Good morning or saying his/her name first

2. Normal acceptable greeting: How far
You want to know if there are Nigerians around even outside the country, just say how far and start counting the number of heads turning

3. Starting a conversation
For guys, start with any of these 3
a. Man U fit beat Chelsea
b. Buhari don finish this country
c. Omo, see dat girl yansh

Ever since I got my Gionee M5, na only one phone I dey use. Full charge in the morning takes me all day

you dey craze wella,how much GIONEE pay you for all this advert? Me wey i get GIONEE gan never advertise am reach like this.u dey craze u hear?

1 Like

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Stevengerd(m): 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
fastgyal:
thanks a lot.
Y raise yansh up like person wey wan do the doggy?
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by HajimeSaito(m): 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
There's no such thing as "a typical Nigerian". Some of the attributes the OP mentioned (like owning more than one phone) are more peculiar to a certain cross-section of society while others (like the use of "sha" and "o" ) relates to people of a certain ethnic background (particularly Southwestern Nigeria)
The average Yoruba man who has lived all his life in Ile-Ife has absolutely nothing in common with the Hausa man who has lived all his life in Kano or the Igbo man who has lived all his life in Onitsha.
Nigeria isn't a real country, it's just a union of strange bedfellows.

1 Like

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by jonnytad(m): 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
Synonymous to the southern Nigerian. .... Cuz we know the value of culture and education. But the other people ain't dat friendly. I tell you.
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by wissenschaften(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
devigblegble:
I'm memory of I don't give a F U C K
I don't understand.
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
o boy, this op na werey.....my chest, na laughter go kill me last last.
very true.

1 Like

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by bleskid: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
thesicilian:
Op You are right sha. Welldone o.
omo no kill this your picture haahahaha up naija .. Omo likew that pic

1 Like

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by bleskid: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
AliasJoice:
this is true sha
as she talk say sha ... U come day use that sha again ,,, so u no wan change .. U want to be typical naija .... Ok na your fofo chop
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by attention007(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
steppins:
The last two are for lagosians and south west only.

lai lai ie lai lai
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by mhisterdreezy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
fastgyal:
thanks a lot.
hmm hope you are fast in the other room
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by mhisterdreezy(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
wawu
Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by chiraqDemon(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Alphafeezay:
And we start conversations with apologizing.....

Proudly Naija!!
Bros abeg nor vex I hail u

3 Likes

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by chiraqDemon(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
datola:
After a Long Period of Separation, You’re Greeted With the State of your Weight

A typical Nigerian will break the ice with something like ‘you’ve added weight o!’ or ‘wow, you’re thinner now o, were you sick?’, when you see them again after a long period of separation. This is one of the major ways you’ll know you’re dealing with a typical Nigerian. They just can’t help it.

The most annoying especially by the ladies.

But men when they see after a long time and cannot remember each other's names you hear them scream:

The first person: Chairman!

The other: My oga!
The most annoying one is old women and hairstyle, especially when u r with ur mom.

Mom: this is my son ooo
Woman: enh, this is your son, and you have not told him to cut his hair.
To me: don't you know that the way u dress is the way u r addressed? Go and cut this type of hair.
Me: just bone face look am make e know say e suppose swerve me

2 Likes

Re: 5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian by Lovintus2(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
I rep 9ja!

In other news: Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for my comedy skits. #Lovintus Entertainment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Ife To Gbona / 4 Strange Cultural Practices Associated With Marriage In Nigeria / Obiano's Aide Inducted Into The Prestigious Ozo Society Of Abagana Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.