Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,431 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm (1734 Views)

Honda Accord DC Is Jerking On 3000rpm / Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. / Car Not Accelerating Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello guys,
My '95 sonata is not going above 3000rpm. Not moving either. Any possible suggestions? Wanted to scan the car but the cel is not coming on,so rewire said he can't do anything? TPS, coil and fuel pump pressure had been suggested by the rewire. I need help guys
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by torres89: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
ugreat:
Hello guys,
My '95 sonata is not going above 3000rpm. Not moving either. Any possible suggestions? Wanted to scan the car but the cel is not coming on,so rewire said he can't do anything? TPS, coil and fuel pump pressure had been suggested by the rewire. I need help guys

95 as in 1995

lol

1 Like

Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
torres89:

95 as in 1995

lol
Yes oo. still helping me till the good Lord provides a better one,before then let me be faithful in taking care of the little and learning from it too! #smiles
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by boldx(m): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
ugreat:
Hello guys,

Apart from what you have described, how did it start? Any other issues? performance at cold start up and warm start ups. There is no native doctor here!
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 5:56am On Aug 11, 2017
boldx:

Apart from what you have described, how did it start? Any other issues? performance at cold start up and warm start ups. There is no native doctor here!

was driving one day and the car went off. Started it,it hesitates but then picks up. Doesn't rev above 3000rpm whenever it starts. It drives some meters and goes off.lacks power
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by boldx(m): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2017
ugreat:

was driving one day and the car went off. Started it,it hesitates but then picks up. Doesn't rev above 3000rpm whenever it starts. It drives some meters and goes off.lacks power

Since no your check engine light is not coming up.

a) check your fuel pump pressure and see if its low and also fuel filter.

b) Check your fuel nozzles
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2017
boldx:

a)I will advise you scan and get codes. Post the codes here.

b) Also check your fuel pressure and see if its low.

c) Check your fuel nozzles
Fuel nozzles serviced and ok, Mech says fuel pressure is ok, that two plugs both connected to a coil ain't working. said coil is bad. Check engine light doesn't come on when engine is 'on' to scan the old school way and I don't have the obd1 scanner. Rewire said he has to trace d cel to ecu,I declined.
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by boldx(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2017
ugreat:

Fuel nozzles serviced and ok, Mech says fuel pressure is ok, that two plugs both connected to a coil ain't working. said coil is bad. Check engine light doesn't come on when engine is 'on' to scan the old school way and I don't have the obd1 scanner. Rewire said he has to trace d cel to ecu,I declined.

How can two plugs or coils be bad and check engine light not be on? Is the mechanic OK or he wants to cun you. Guy, you better take your car elsewhere. Except the check engine light is not working. Well if you doubt me, its your ride.

My mechanic cant do guess work on that level. Besides look for another mechanic. You will start buying so many things for your ride as a result of guess work.

Other suggestions here are welcome.
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2017
boldx:

How can two plugs or coils be bad and check engine light not be on? Is the mechanic OK or he wants to cun you. Guy, you better take your car elsewhere. Except the check engine light is not working. Well if you doubt me, its your ride.

My mechanic cant do guess work on that level. Besides look for another mechanic. You will start buying so many things for your ride as a result of guess work.

Other suggestions here are welcome.
Two plugs(middle ones) are connected to one coil and the other two(two extreme ones) are connected to another coil. The two middle plugs lines connected to one coil are not working so the mech said the fault is from from the coil. My check engine light is not working so can't conduct scan with paper clip. The car is not moving, so seeking advice and learning to ascertain fault and avoid these con mechs before i proceed for repairs.
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by boldx(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2017
Now you are talking. So its certain scanning won't work. Well, let the mechanic go on.
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by almsofgold: 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
torres89:

95 as in 1995

lol
I drive a 1993 Honda Bullet. What's the big deal? angry
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by nams77: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
almsofgold:
I tire o! So someone can not drive an older car again? You need to travel out and see@torres89

1 Like

Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by Bizzyliss(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
U can check ur air filter
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by torres89: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
almsofgold:

no big deal really

no mechanic here will touch that car let alone talk about it

that's what I meant
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
torres89:

no big deal really
that's what I meant
Thanks.
Re: Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm by ugreat(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
torres89:

no big deal really
that's what I meant
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Toyota Camry 2005 "Big4nothin" pix / Honda Civic 2007 First Car / Electric Fuel Tranfer Pump For Car While At Home And Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.