Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (12231 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / How Often Do You Evangelise? / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by NPComplete: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Says who? We all have the Bible as our central theme. We all believe in Christ. So repeat your point again.

What's today? Thoughtlessness Pride day? I just accused u of being thoughtless and naturally I expected u to exude more caution and thought in your reply to me instead this is what I get: a confirmation that my initial conclusion about u was right.

You do realise atheists also have a collective disdain for religion as their central theme, right? And they all do not believe in any deity whatsoever. So remind me what point you were trying to make by that stupid reply.

Let your next reply to me be more measured and show you have start applying thought to your comments. Here's a method that should help u; don't post the first thing that comes to your mind. Think first. Then just before you post it, think again. Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2017
LightandDarkness:

So we should just forget the old testament?
Abi o grin They are the one That believes Jesus was Yahweh in The OT the blood thirst Bastard then one day the guy just start preaching about LOVE? if we tell them their religion is stupid they would be taking it as an offense all they know how to do is LIE LIE and LIE grin

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by winner01(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2017
LightandDarkness:

So we should just forget the old testament?
no. History is very important in the build up to the present.
The historical background of the Israelites is very important in our understanding of the build up to grace.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by winner01(m): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2017
stephenmorris:
how do u explain this. cc:loj,
He ordered his disciples to kill and so please show me where they killed. He also said he did not bring peace to the world but a sword. Was a sword ever found with Jesus.

I guess that answers your question
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by winner01(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2017
edicied:

I asked you a simple question who made the Law suffer not the witch to live in Exodus and i think you are the one that actually needs to use ur Brain all this beating around the Bush ain't gonna Fly
Read up my previous post over and over again. You'll understand eventually.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by winner01(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2017
edicied:

Abi o grin They are the one That believes Jesus was Yahweh in The OT the blood thirst Bastard then one day the guy just start preaching about LOVE? if we tell them their religion is stupid they would be taking it as an offense all they know how to do is LIE LIE and LIE grin
Okay my religion is stupid. Do you want me to leave it? smiley
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:
Read up my previous post over and over again. You'll understand eventually.
Lol this is not the first time i have had argument with you on NL so i know your ideal cool i don't need to read that crap

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:
no. History is very important in the build up to the present.
The historical background of the Israelites is very important in our understanding of the build up to grace.

So why are the teachings of the old testament not valid, was it not jesus who said he didn't come to change the laws
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:
He ordered his disciples to kill and so please show me where they killed. He also said he did not bring peace to the world but a sword. Was a sword ever found with Jesus.

I guess that answers your question
Oh so those killing in the OT was by who? who asked them to do it for a promise of Milk and honey?

4 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by luvmijeje(f): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2017
NPComplete:

What's today? Thoughtlessness Pride day? I just accused u of being thoughtless and naturally I expected u to exude more caution and thought in your reply to me instead this is what I get: a confirmation that my initial conclusion about u was right.

You do realise atheists also have a collective disdain for religion as their central theme, right? And they all do not believe in any deity whatsoever. So remind me what point you were trying to make by that stupid reply.

Let your next reply to me be more measured and show you have start applying thought to your comments. Here's a method that should help u; don't post the first thing that comes to your mind. Think first. Then just before you post it, think again. Cheers
Wailer. So I've been having a discussion with a Wailer.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Niflheim(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2017
@superhumanist,

Have you heard of "the Satanic Bible" and "the Liber Azerate"?!!!

THE SATANIC BIBLE:........................................."Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs"

LIBER AZERATE:..............................................."Do what you must to silence liars and the lies they preach"

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:
Christ. Jesus Christ. Christ Jesus. That "man" stands against every single thing you have on Christ-ianity. Christ-ians are people that want to be like Christ, that strive to be like Christ. Christ is our standard.

I don't want to speak about the mosaic law because ive done so severally.
There are things called laws and dispensations in scriptures. To know what dispensation we are not, you can refer to Romans 8:2.

But show me where Christ rejected or killed people. We can tell who really is a christ-ian.

What goes on in village churches is not as important as what Christ stood for. Most traditional converts still hold tight their native beliefs and they still engage in heinous acts. I know many so called Christians who still engage in traditional rituals till date. Thanks to Mary slessor, the killing of twins for instance was normal in some parts of traditional religion. Twins were considered evil. I am against several unbiblical acts by Christians. Many of the foreign countries that have more number of religious persons than Nigeria do not engage in these acts. What do we say to that.

Ive forgotten, please who said so?
And why did Paul do otherwise in Acts 19:19.

If you must talk, please put your brains to use.

Sir, witch killing was done in Europe and America in the past by christians. Blaming such evil actions on African traditional religion is not fair. Be honest and admit that christians can do evil as well.

You can't just dismiss the old testament when you like it. The verses are there. I blame christianity for some backwards mentality we Nigerians have.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2017
Niflheim:
@superhumanist,

Have you heard of "the Satanic Bible" and "the Liber Azerate"?!!!

THE SATANIC BIBLE:........................................."Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs"

LIBER AZERATE:..............................................."Do what you must to silence liars and the lies they preach"

I haven't heard of those books. I would not be caught dead reading them here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Says who? We all have the Bible as our central theme. We all believe in Christ. So repeat your point again.

This is not true, ma.

The mormons have their own bible while some other christians believe that Jesus is just a prophet and not a son of God. Christians do not believe the same thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by luvmijeje(f): 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
superhumanist:

This is not true, ma.

The mormons have their own bible while some other christians believe that Jesus is just a prophet and not a son of God. Christians do not believe the same thing.

Then they are not Christians.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by winner01(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, witch killing was done in Europe and America in the past by christians. Blaming such evil actions on African traditional religion is not fair. Be honest and admit that christians can do evil as well.

You can't just dismiss the old testament when you like it. The verses are there. I blame christianity for some backwards mentality we Nigerians have.

Atheists have been more evil. Read my threads for facts.

Point is Christ is our standard and Christ was not evil. And so we can judge anyone who claimed to want to be like Christ if really he is acting Christ-like.

No one is dismissing the Old Testament. It's an important part of the scriptures. Christ-ian's are bounded by a law. I referred you to Romans 8:2.

Paul excercised this law in Acts 19:19.
Seems your bias has gotten the better part of you is there is any.

edicied:

Oh so those killing in the OT was by who? who asked them to do it for a promise of Milk and honey?
Was it done by Christ-ians?

LightandDarkness:

So why are the teachings of the old testament not valid, was it not jesus who said he didn't come to change the laws
The Old Testament is necessary to understand the coming of Jesus Christ. I'm not a Hebrew neither am I a Jew. I am a Christ-ian. Christ-like? How difficult is this for you or do you just not want to accept the fact that CHRIST WAS perfect? grin.

has anyone here bothered to read up romans 8:2.
Only then will you understand why Jesus stood in the way of religious zealots who were ready to stone an adulterous woman. I think the Christians of today can be judged with the life of Christ.
edicied:

Lol this is not the first time i have had argument with you on NL so i know your ideal cool i don't need to read that crap
Okay so you only created a new moniker? I guess you must have like 5 other monikers to team up and like each other's posts grin
Don't worry, the universe will reward you for your efforts grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Then they are not Christians.

It is okay. I'm sure that they too feel that you are not a christian.

"A kingdom divided against itself shall not prosper".

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:

Point is Christ is our standard and Christ was not evil. And so we can judge anyone who claimed to want to be like Christ if really he is acting Christ-like.

No one is dismissing the Old Testament. It's an important part of the scriptures. Christ-ian's are bounded by a law. I referred you to Romans 8:2.

The Old Testament is necessary to understand the coming of Jesus Christ. I'm not a Hebrew neither am I a Jew. I am a Christ-ian. Christ-like? How difficult is this for you or do you just not want to accept the fact that CHRIST WAS perfect? grin.

Only then will you understand why Jesus stood in the way of religious zealots who were ready to stone an adulterous woman. I think the Christians of today can be judged with the life of Christ.
Okay so you only created a new moniker? I guess you must have like 5 other monikers to team up and like each other's posts grin

So yes or no are the laws and teachings of the old testament irrelevant or made obsolete by the coming of Jesus
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:

Sir, you have to be honest to yourself. You can't be judging that people are no longer christians because they do bad things. No one is truly christ-like. Do you not read your bible?

1 John 1:8-10 If we go around bragging, “We have no sin,” then we are fooling ourselves and are strangers to the truth.

To say that Christ is christians' standard is to say that christians have no universal standard because there are different versions of christ. Some christians say that Jesus is the son of God. Some christians say that Jesus is just a prophet.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by luvmijeje(f): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
superhumanist:

It is okay. I'm sure that they too feel that you are not a christian.

"A kingdom divided against itself shall not prosper".

Your quote doesn't make sense.

Who are Christians? Christians are followers of Christ's teachings. So if your belief is contrary to Christ's teaching then you're obviously not a Christian.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
winner01:

Christianity didn't exist at that time and it still doesn't change the Fact that its The Christian God that ask them to kill or does it?

The moniker is my name in reverse and besides what has this got to do with anything?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Your quote doesn't make sense.

Who are Christians? Christians are followers of Christ's teachings. So if your belief is contrary to Christ's teaching then you're obviously not a Christian.

That is the problem. Christians do not agree on Christ's teachings. Some say that Jesus was a rich man, some say that he was poor. Some say that Jesus is a prophet, some say that he is God. etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Strawman: 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
stephenmorris:
how do u explain this. cc:loj,

The dirty tactics some of you desperately stoop so low just to win a petty argument on the internet is sickening.

Please look at Luke 19:11 (you just posted 19:27). That was a parable Jesus told where the king in the story ordered for his enemies to be brought before him and killed. Now you directly purport that quote to Jesus himself; as if he ordered Christians to kill their enemies.

Whether you even believe he existed or not, why desperately try to ruin the name of a good person by twisting the truth? In fact, forget about these arguments on Nairaland, in modern times, people who do what you did to others could end up behind bars, or pay charges till they're abjectly bankrupt, just so you know how disgustingly low your actions here are. Maybe you didn't know it was a parable you quoted, maybe you didn't even care. So do you just blindly support anything out there that is against religion no matter how false and dishonest it is? How does that differentiate you from the people you come here to criticise everyday? The hypocrisy is too much. This is why it's hard to take some of you seriously. I acknowledge the atheists here who actually argue genuinely, but people like you are just low and pathetic.

Winner01 please don't fall for these kind of dirty tactics. Btw, welcome back. Long time. I thought I stumbled into an old thread, didn't know you were actually back.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

The dirty tactics some of you desperately stoop so low just to win a petty argument on the internet is sickening.

Please look at Luke 19:11 (you just posted 19:17). That was a parable Jesus told where the king in the story ordered for his enemies to be brought before him and killed. Now you directly purport that quote to Jesus himself; as if he ordered Christians to kill their enemies.
Stop lying for Jesus i know that verse it Clearly wasnt a Parable!

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Strawman: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
edicied:

Stop lying for Jesus i know that verse it Clearly wasnt a Parable!

Smh now I've been accused of lying.

KingEbukasBlog, felixomor, winner01 etc. if these are the kinds of deluded people you've been arguing with all this while then you've really tried man.

modified: imgur is falling my hands, so I'll just post everything for you

Luke 19
11. While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12. He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13. So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’
14. “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’
15. “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
16. “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’
17. “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’
18. “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’
19. “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’ . 20. “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21. I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’
22. “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23. Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
24. “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
25. “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
26. “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27. But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

KingEbukasBlog, felixomor, winner01 etc. if these are the kinds of deluded people you've been arguing with all this while then you've really tried man.

Calling your gòons abi?

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

Please look at Luke 19:11 (you just posted 19:27). That was a parable Jesus told where the king in the story ordered for his enemies to be brought before him and killed. Now you directly purport that quote to Jesus himself; as if he ordered Christians to kill their enemies.

Whether you even believe he existed or not, why desperately try to ruin the name of a good person by twisting the truth? In fact, forget about these arguments on Nairaland, in modern times, people who do what you did to others could end up behind bars, or pay charges till they're abjectly bankrupt, just so you know how disgustingly low your actions here are. Maybe you didn't know it was a parable you quoted, maybe you didn't even care. So do you just blindly support anything out there that is against religion no matter how false and dishonest it is? How does that differentiate you from the people you come here to criticise everyday? The hypocrisy is too much. This is why it's hard to take some of you seriously. I acknowledge the atheists here who actually argue genuinely, but people like you are just low and pathetic.

Winner01 please don't fall for these kind of dirty tactics. Btw, welcome back. Long time. I thought I stumbled into an old thread, didn't know you were actually back.

Try not to generalise
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Strawman: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Calling your gòons abi?

Lol I don't need them. I've said what I have to say. And kindly refrain from calling them goons.

JackBizzle:

Try not to generalise

I tried as carefully as possible not to. Maybe you didn't see phrases like "some of you" in my post.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

KingEbukasBlog, felixmoron, winner01 etc. if these are the kinds of deluded people you've been arguing with all this while then you've really tried man.

modified: imgur is falling my hands, so I'll just post everything for you
Why didn't you quote me directly abi you day fear ni? grin Ok yeah i admit i was wrong there sorry for calling u a liar embarassed
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

My brother, thank you for exposing his lies and deceit . Those types of atheists are the Stalins , the Maos , the Hitlers of our time . They would just anything to put people who believe in God especially Christians in harm's way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=KingEbukasBlog post=59374620]

My brother, thank you for exposing his lies and deceit . Those types of atheists are the Stalins , the Maos , the Hitlers of our time . They would just anything to put people who believe in God especially Christians in harm's way [/quote

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Strawman: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
edicied:

Why didn't you quote me directly abi you day fear ni? grin Ok yeah i admit i was wrong there sorry for calling u a liar embarassed

Me fear who? You?

Oya check I've quoted you. Nice one sha, apology accepted. Go and sin no more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You / Apostle Paul's Brutal Message To Galatian Christians On The Gospel Of Grace / Pastor E.A Adeboye's 2018 Christmas Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.