Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection (10551 Views)

Bluboo Xfire2: The First Ever Android Phone With 3 Sim Slots And Big Screen / How To Solve Internet Connection Problem On Modern Combat 5 Blackout / His Experience And How He Bought A Fake Mobile Phone With Eba Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by SirKay: 6:42am On Dec 17, 2005
How good is Starcomms mobile phone, its reception around Lagos and elsewhere with internet connection?
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Seun(m): 1:45am On Jan 16, 2006
Multilinks is better for Internet connection.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by mobileuser: 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2006
i am really surprised. i was using multilinks internet connection, and then i switched to Starcomms. Starcomms is definitely better than multilinks any time. There was a time when Starcomms suffered in quality, but now it is quite fast. infact all my colleagues have switched to Starcomms now - they have a very good offer on their Internet cards for the laptops. You actually get it free if you subscriber for 3 months.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by rasque(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2006
I have been using Starcomms for close to a year now and I have no cause for any complaints although they do have their downtimes which is normal...but reception wise and internet connectivity...it has been GOOD!!!

For me Thumbs up for Starcomms.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by bogunbanjo(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2006
Seun, have you been living under a rock angry? Starcomms is miles ahead of all the others in all facets; coverage, speed, options, wider array of devices and they also have a dedicated, 24 hour support line (8041234) to resolve all problems rolleyes now, that's service grin. I have used Intercellular  cry and up until last year I also had Multilinks  embarassed but I have disposed of all of them as Starcomms is delivering the total package
Although they may have the occassional down time but this is not uncommon in telecoms rather it is Starcomms' ability to indentify and rectify that sets them apart and I happen to know that they return lost access days (if the downtime was from them) and most of all they are always runing one promo or the other, so it's very easy to acquire one (I think presently you can get the phone+data pack+15days free 24hr access for just N14,950) you can their customer care line for any info you may require
N/B
dont 4get the innovative "free weekend calls" they pioneered  wink
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2007
Really? You guys are talking about the Starcomms phone card, right?
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Uzzyan: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
No Seun even the normal desk top thing. Mine is quite fast and impressive. So happy i have it. Theeere was a time recently they were upgradin, but now it is beta
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Seun(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
What download speeds do you get on your Starcomms desktop? Is it higher than 8 kilobytes per second (or 64kbps)?
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Busta(f): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2008
how do I call a starcomms line assuming I am calling from ourside Nigeria?
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by DisGuy: 2:17am On Jan 12, 2008
if it is in lagos you 00234-1-the number

e.g
to dial 01749134345
you dial 002341749134345
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by powerblaze(m): 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2008
Multilinks is better than starcomms in terms of dial-up connection speed, But starcomms is superb in broadband
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by MrInfo1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2008
powerblaze:

Multilinks is better than starcomms in terms of dial-up connection speed, But starcomms is superb in broadband

Lier
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by topeteadr(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2008
powerblaze:

Double lie. . wtf?
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by MrInfo1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2008
[center]The fact is that[/center]
they are both good, Sometimes your location and the model of phone you use also matters. But i will advise you to go for multilinks for flexible financial implication. I was at there head office today, they just shiped in Huawei ETS2551 Terminal, am getting mine on monday, i got there too late today, i got there 12:40Pm and i was told they have closed for the day. (they operate 9:00Am till 5:00Pm ( mondays to friday) and (9:00am till 12:00pm). By monday i will post update on the new phone. My current LSP-3000 connects at 115KBPS and but i can't download above 5kb/sec (Too low). With the Huawei ETS2551 phone, i can download at 8kb/sec and it connects at the rate of 153.6 kbps aldo the dfference is not that different i got other personnal reasons why i just want to upgrade to their new introduction. EG backlight displays on the keypad

click here to view more about the huawei ETS2551
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by MrInfo1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
I was at there office today. Got the new phone but yet to config it on my PC

Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by motta(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2008
connecting starcomms huawi phone
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by flyuche(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2008
motta just visit the customer care office.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by ebyeby: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2008
Zain is the best network cus they let from Econet 2 Buddie 2 vodacom 2 V/Mobile 2 Cetel 2 ZAIN they like changing ID I'm sorry for you.Though I know THat they have come to an end cus dem don reach Z.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Mustay(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2008
ebyeby:

Though I know THat they have come to an end cus them don reach Z.

Although this has nothing to do with Starcomms, but that was grin grin
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by adventure(m): 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2008
RELTEL IS THE BEST NOW, CHECK IT OUT,
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by tobidaflava(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2008
Telkom
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by muha(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2008
starcomms in kaduna sucks,i spent 35k to get connected and i get 8kbps using download manager angry
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by phoneworks: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2008
How fast is starcomms in Abuja. Is it as fast as that of Lagos? I I need to buy one if they are as fast as that of Lagos. Please some one let me know.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by MrInfo1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2008
muha:

starcomms in kaduna sucks,i spent 35k to get connected and[b] i get 8kbps[/b] using download manager angry

8 kilobits per second on Multilinks? yet you're complying angry
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by flyuche(m): 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2008
if you intend to use  the phone as a modem, then go for their EVDO modems[usb, expresscards, or pcmcia card]. the speed on the x1 can be very frustrating. they don't have EVDO capable phones yet. with EVDO you  can get download speed above 100KB/sec i.e 800kbps. in Abuja they have EVDO rev .A which promises even higher speed. thats better than mtn or glo 3G
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by packa(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2008
@fluche on which network are u proposing we should go for the EVDO modem starcomms or multilinks?
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by flyuche(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2008
starcomms . @packa
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by sunboy(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2008
Have you guys ever tried MTS firstwireless If not please give a try and experience real browsing at its cheapest. I have been using MTS first wireless over 2yrs, and still loving it.

24hrs is 9k
allnight 12am to 6am---- 2k
6pm- 12 am ----- 2k

Just buy their phone, no internet subscription fee , buy the fone, configure ur laptop or cpu free and pay for ur subscription.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by phoneworks: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
MTS seen to be cheaper. Speed is another thing not just being cheap. Shaa are they in Abuja. All these goodies seem to be in Lagos alone. If they are in Abj somebody should let me know and if they are perfoming. Every body using Multilinks in Abuja is lamenting. The company is really messing. I even bought one of their phone for international call only to find out that it is just empty promises.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by benchella: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2008
Guys please i really do need all your help here.In can't seem to be able to configure my starcomms connection.Please guys does anyone of you how you can configure the Username and password.Because i don't beleive in visiting the starcomms office if you can fix the problem yourself.And as regards their customer service lines,those lines are not 24 hr dedicated.They are hardly reachable.So please people help a brother out.
Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by Mustay(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2008
isp ratings

Re: Starcomms Mobile Phone With Internet Connection by cashful(m): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2008
configuring starcomms phones is not that hard,
i use one\haier dp1200
username-- your number@starcomms.com- eg 7028001234@starcomms.com
password--ur number-7028001234
hope it works out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Link Tariffs / How To Get Any Mtn Sim To Be Eigible For The 1GB @N200 And 4GB @1K Data Plans. / Nigeria To Deploy 5G Technology – NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.