Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian (569 Views)

Meet The Little Boy Who Recieved Jose Mourinho's Super Cup Medal (PHOTO) / Jose Mourinho Gave His UEFA Super Cup Winners Medal To A Nigerian Boy / The Little Kid Who Got The Super Cup Medal From Jose Mourinho. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian by robosky02(m): 8:49am On Aug 11, 2017
The kid Manchester United manager gave his Super Cup medal to is a Nigerian

The lucky Manchester United fan who got Jose Mourinho’s UEFA Super Cup second-place medal is a Nigerian kid named Deji.

Following Manchester United’s 2-1 loss to Real Madrid in the Super Cup on Tuesday, August 8, Mourinho walked up to the stand in Macedonia, pointed to Deji and gave him the medal.

Pulse Sports have learnt that the kid is a Nigerian and also an aspiring footballer.

Deji's brother shared his photo on Twitter and revealed that won’t be the kid’s last medal as he hopes to win more in his football career.

“Jose's medal wudnt be the last. Wicked left foot. Would post vids once they are back from Macedonia #mufc @ManUtd,” the kid’s brother with the Twitter handle @Souprhim wrote alongside a short clip of the young Nigerian playing football.

Pulse Sports have reached out to the guy for more on the young Nigerian.

In his post-match interview, Mourinho said the medal will mean much to the young fan more than him.

“Look sometimes when I win I don't keep the medals, so imagine when I lose,” the Manchester United manager said.

“And for me the medal will go to some place in my house and for that kid it's for sure something to keep and remember.

“It was a little kid in a Manchester United shirt, I have no idea where he comes from, so I think for the kid it is something he will never forget and for me, I repeat when I win they don't mean much, imagine when I lose.”

This is not the first time Mourinho is giving away his medal to a random fan.

He did it twice during his time at Chelsea, throwing his Premier League winners’ medal to the crowd in 2005 and giving away his losers’ medal after the 2015 Community shield.

cc: lalasticlala,mynd44
http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/man-united-coach-mourinho-gives-nigerian-super-cup-medal-id7127057.html

Re: The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian by kbams241: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Hmm
Re: The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian by robosky02(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2017
the moment Jose Mourinho’s handed the medal to Deji cheesy

Re: The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian by peteregwu(m): 9:04am On Aug 11, 2017
I like morinho, he loves black people. he does not discriminate and not a racist like so many of them. If you notice, even whole in Chelsea and now man united he loves to sign black players the most.

1 Like

Re: The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian by Chubhie: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2017
Jose my guy! This the kinda leader i would valiantly fight for. I feel the pull with him.
Re: The Kid Manchester United Manager Gave His Super Cup Medal To Is A Nigerian by onimama4real(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2017
i love jose for this, is just dat na talkactive

(1) (Reply)

EPL VIDEO: Chelsea Vs Burnley 2-3 Highlight / Neymar, Pogba And Top 100+ Expensive Trasfers Of All Time / Become Self Employed With Yangabet Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.