Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. (1466 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
http://www.citynews.ca/video/2017/08/10/video-leaving-the-jehovahs-witnesses/

Think twice before you join. Research Research and Research before you join
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
The signs of the times!!!! To whom it may concern take heed.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 6:02am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:
Fall not for their tactics.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

The sign of the time/
Proves gods rule has begun/...in 1914 according to jw.
"Millions now living will never die" according to Jehovah's witnesses in 1925.
No jw rank and file should ask where those "millions" are without being shunned or disfellowshipped.

Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
mikeolu1:

The sign of the time/
Proves gods rule has begun/...in 1914 according to jw.
"Millions now living will never die" according to Jehovah's witnesses in 1925.
No jw rank and file should ask where those "millions" are without being shunned or disfellowshipped.
Should I fry alligator pepper with this?
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
Why are people who disagree disfellowshipped and shunned by friends and families if the Awake said this:

Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
achorladey:

Should I fry alligator pepper with this?

So your second leader used his pictures on his church poster? Interesting.
Why do you live in constant fear sef?
Every time you say" signs of the times take heed". Hope you know your first leader said same and even the others following him?
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So your second leader used his pictures on his church poster? Interesting.
Why do you live in constant fear sef?
Every time you say" signs of the times take heed". Hope you know your first leader said same and even the others following him?

Should I fry okro with this your latest post?
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
Does one who doesn't agree with the governing body teaching need to disassociate, No, just walk away. If you disassociate by writing a letter, you will be disfellowshiped.
Geoffrey Jackson of the jw GB agreed with this fact during his testimonies at the Australian Royal Commission.

Terrence O'Brien said at the Australian Royal Commission - "I think Mr Jackson, in his testimony, made the same point as I did in my testimony, that we don't believe it's an impossible choice. A person can stop associating with Jehovah's Witnesses, have nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses, without taking the step of disassociation. We've tried to make that very clear." (Day 259 transcript page 26536)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWV8YnTFto
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by prinzfavian(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
Your point is exactly what I don't understand?
Are you saying, d disfellowshipping and hence shunning of rebellious witnesses arrangement is not scriptural or what?
And concerning the awake you cited up there, if you had sincerely and patiently gone through it you would have noticed that, it was refferring to a religiously divided home where the child found the truth but the parents are against it.... And not when a former member has been disfellowshipped between families.... Even Jesus said we must love him more than father and mother - Mathew 10:37... So what are you saying exactly... I'll love to understand please...
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2017
achorladey:

Should I fry okro with this your latest post?

Smh.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
prinzfavian:
Are you saying, d disfellowshipping and hence shunning of rebellious witnesses arrangement is not scriptural or what?
And concerning the awake you cited up there, if you had sincerely and patiently gone through it you would have noticed that, it was refferring to a religiously divided home where the child found the truth but the parents are against it.... And not when a former member has been disfellowshipped between families.... Even Jesus said we must love him more than father and mother - Mathew 10:37... So what are you saying exactly... I'll love to understand please...

So why should people leave their religion for your own when they can't leave your religion for other religions

You want parents from other religions to talk to their child who became a Jehovah's witness but your religion will not allow parents to speak to their children if they leave watchtower.
Your religion is a cult GBAM

1 Like

Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
prinzfavian:
When people make a decision to leave, they should not be punished for it. It's a cult behavior to punish those who disagree.
Geoffrey Jackson agreed with that at the commission. Whatch his testimony if you are allowed to.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by prinzfavian(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2017
mikeolu1:

When people make a decision to leave, they should not be punished for it. It's a cult behavior to punish those who disagree.
Geoffrey Jackson agreed with that at the commission. Whatch his testimony if you are allowed to.

You're right, if people want to leave they should and not be punished... It's their choice... But shunning is for unrepentant sinners that are disfellowshipped... And I don't see shunning a person that willingly commits a sin without wanting to change as punishment..... Okay tell me, how will the other people in the congregation guard themselves from the negative influence of such a person.... And also, don't you see shunning such a person as a way of letting the person know that he or she is doing something wrong so such person can retrace their steps... If everything goes on as normal how is the congregation kept safe... I can go on and in just to show that it's a loving arrangement.... But one considerable reason why it's the best thing to do, is cos the Bible says we should do so.... Remove the wicked man from among yourselves it says at 1 cor 5:13)... Even 1 cor 5:11 earlier says..... Not eating with such a man... How do you do that without shunning? If a person willingly disassociates himself from the organization, they aren't shunned until they've been confirmed as no longer part of the organization by the elders... it's announced in the congregation so others can be careful around such ones... And also so that if such ones does something bad, outsiders don't see such ones as one of Jw and thus ridicule our image.... Cos most just disassociates without really denouncing the name....

Well, all being said.. . We are all entitled to our opinion, we should just make sure our opinion is acceptable before God.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by prinzfavian(m): 10:58am On Aug 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So why should people leave their religion for your own when they can't leave your religion for other religions

You want parents from other religions to talk to their child who became a Jehovah's witness but your religion will not allow parents to speak to their children if they leave watchtower.
Your religion is a cult GBAM
The last time I checked, no one is forced to leave their religion and join ours, we preach to you, you discover yourself that it's the truth.... On your own you decide to leave your religion.... How's that our fault?... And also, people are free to leave also from us to another, cos everyone has a free will and will render an account to God 'individually' not as a group... So I don't know how you came up with your claims...

There are Christians and true Christians.... The difference is the latter follows EVERYTHING the Bible says and stick with it... While the other only follows not all but the ones that are convenient for them... So if parents from other religion chooses not to relate with their kids because of rejecting their own religion.... It's fine as long as their actions can be well backed up scripturally... With time, God himself will make the truth known to whom ever he deems fit....

We are no cult.... We are just honest followers and lovers of the God of the Bible, hence we do everything his words says we should...
Thanks.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by oteneaaron(m): 11:51am On Aug 27, 2017
prinzfavian:

You're right, if people want to leave they should and not be punished... It's their choice... But shunning is for unrepentant sinners that are disfellowshipped... And I don't see shunning a person that willingly commits a sin without wanting to change as punishment..... Okay tell me, how will the other people in the congregation guard themselves from the negative influence of such a person.... And also, don't you see shunning such a person as a way of letting the person know that he or she is doing something wrong so such person can retrace their steps... If everything goes on as normal how is the congregation kept safe... I can go on and in just to show that it's a loving arrangement.... But one considerable reason why it's the best thing to do, is cos the Bible says we should do so.... Remove the wicked man from among yourselves it says at 1 cor 5:13)... Even 1 cor 5:11 earlier says..... Not eating with such a man... How do you do that without shunning? If a person willingly disassociates himself from the organization, they aren't shunned until they've been confirmed as no longer part of the organization by the elders... it's announced in the congregation so others can be careful around such ones... And also so that if such ones does something bad, outsiders don't see such ones as one of Jw and thus ridicule our image.... Cos most just disassociates without really denouncing the name....

Well, all being said.. . We are all entitled to our opinion, we should just make sure our opinion is acceptable before God.

Ever heard of the "context" premising a scripture?....You only quoted 1cor 5: 13 and 1cor 5:11 read the full chapter from the begining and meditate to understand the context.

Shunning has led to suicides did you know that?

Shunning has broken families did you know that?

No matter how fanantical we maybe, we should also give space to reason.

If as a catholic i decide to leave the catholic church and beome a Jw, I'd become celebrated for leaving "babylon the great"....but i suddenly get fed up with the "cultish" activites in Jws and I decide to leave, and then become a "wicked person" ?? And become shunned??

We have to really need to stop thinking with our divks and stop been hypocritical....

Did you know that the Watchtower society wrote a full article denoucing the shunning process the Catholic church practised years ago

"Prove to yourself that what your learning is truth"

1 Like

Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
prinzfavian:

The last time I checked, no one is forced to leave their religion and join ours, we preach to you, you discover yourself that it's the truth.... On your own you decide to leave your religion.... How's that our fault?... And also, people are free to leave also from us to another, cos everyone has a free will and will render an account to God 'individually' not as a group... So I don't know how you came up with your claims...

There are Christians and true Christians.... The difference is the latter follows EVERYTHING the Bible says and stick with it... While the other only follows not all but the ones that are convenient for them... So if parents from other religion chooses not to relate with their kids because of rejecting their own religion.... It's fine as long as their actions can be well backed up scripturally... With time, God himself will make the truth known to whom ever he deems fit....

We are no cult.... We are just honest followers and lovers of the God of the Bible, hence we do everything his words says we should...
Thanks.

The last time I checked we weren't discussing being forced to join watchtower

You see how you guys deviate from topics to cover up the practices you don't want individuals who are not jws to know?

This is another evidence your religion are a cult.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by prinzfavian(m): 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The last time I checked we weren't discussing being forced to join watchtower

You see how you guys deviate from topics to cover up the practices you don't want individuals who are not jws to know?

This is another evidence your religion are a cult.
Smiles, I was only answering your question.... I'm Sorry if I deviated.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by Hairyrapunzel: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
prinzfavian:

You're right, if people want to leave they should and not be punished... It's their choice... But shunning is for unrepentant sinners that are disfellowshipped...

Shunning is emotional blackmail first of all. Why should people be disfellowsipped for doing things not even mentioned in the Bible eg Smoking, blood transfusion, voting, joining military, entering a church, celebrating birthdays, Christmas, easter, Thanksgiving joining a church, people who attempted sucide etc?

And I don't see shunning a person that willingly commits a sin without wanting to change as punishment

Shunning is bad and it is a form of punishment. no normal human being will say it is normal
Shunning people because they don't agree with bible interpretation of 7men in newyork, Nathan knorr and
Rutherford is a crime
The sin you talk of is definitely the sin against disobeying rules made up by these men from 1926 till date.

Okay tell me, how will the other people in the congregation guard themselves from the negative influence of such a person....

watchtower is afraid of people knowing the truth about its origins and non biblical doctrines so they created a boundary so that the in jws don't get to hear its real origins, failed prophecies, its use of logical fallacies in creating doctrines and its use of threat of dying with non jws in Armageddon

Truth is never afraid of any negative influence. Truth fears no form of scrutiny

And also, don't you see shunning such a person as a way of letting the person know that he or she is doing something wrong so such person can retrace their steps...

shunning is emotional blackmail it is same as killing and individual. You shouldn't take away someones number one social support it is a crime against humanity. People only come back because they miss their families. Shunning is practiced only by cults

If everything goes on as normal how is the congregation kept safe...

If you really have the truth you will never be afraid of danger. Like I said is a way to keep jws from people who have discovered watchtower is a fraud. A publishing company trying to sell its books

I can go on and in just to show that it's a loving arrangement....

Shunning is never a loving arrangement it is a hateful one. You shouldn't justify shunning people. It is psychological blackmail

But one considerable reason why it's the best thing to do, is cos the Bible says we should do so....
Bible never mentioned shunning. The first time it is mentioned is in watchtower publications. Nathan knorr started the shunning rule

Remove the wicked man from among yourselves it says at 1 cor 5:13)... Even 1 cor 5:11

What is the definition of the wicked man in the Bible. The Bible never mentioned wicked people as people who don't accept the non biblical teaching of 7 men in newyork. Read 1cor5 from beginning to the end and know what its talking of.

earlier says..... Not eating with such a man... How do you do that without shunning?
You people just believe in fallacies. How is not eating with a somebody the same as not talking to the person?
The verse never said a wicked man is someone who does not believe watchtower non biblical teaching. I think 1cor5 was specific. And from that chapter it never said shun those people.

If a person willingly disassociates himself from the organization, they aren't shunned until they've been confirmed as no longer part of the organization by the elders...

Wow so the shunning starts when the elders or watchtower police have finished investigation? Where is it mentioned in the Bible that you must be part of watchtower organization to be God's people? I think your leaders are delusional

it's announced in the congregation so others can be careful around such ones... And also so that if such ones does something bad, outsiders don't see such ones as one of Jw and thus ridicule our image.... Cos most just disassociates without really denouncing the name....

Cult behavior spotted. So you shun people because they disobeyed non biblical rules made up by 7 imperfect uninspired men who say they are not led by the holy spirit? So you shun people for disobeying rules which can be changed in the future?

Well, all being said.. . We are all entitled to our opinion, we should just make sure our opinion is acceptable before God

So shunning is now acceptable before God because 7 uninspired men in newyork say so. Interesting
Stop justifying non biblical teaching made by men who assumed that the Bible said you shun people who disobeyed Nathan knorr and Rutherfords law.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by prinzfavian(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
oteneaaron:

Ever heard of the "context" premising a scripture?....You only quoted 1cor 5: 13 and 1cor 5:11 read the full chapter from the begining and meditate to understand the context.

Shunning has led to suicides did you know that?

Shunning has broken families did you know that?

No matter how fanantical we maybe, we should also give space to reason.

If as a catholic i decide to leave the catholic church and beome a Jw, I'd become celebrated for leaving "babylon the great"....but i suddenly get fed up with the "cultish" activites in Jws and I decide to leave, and then become a "wicked person" ?? And become shunned??

We have to really need to stop thinking with our divks and stop been hypocritical....

Did you know that the Watchtower society wrote a full article denoucing the shunning process the Catholic church practised years ago

"Prove to yourself that what your learning is truth"

Alright thanks, I will take up your advice...
What you don't know not just about witnesses but about the scriptures too is hopelessly more than you do know about both... So, It's futile going further trying to explain anything to you and your cohorts about witnesses and their practices or core scriptural guidelines and teachings.... So I'll just say.... Namaste.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by prinzfavian(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Shunning is emotional blackmail first of all. Why should people be disfellowsipped for doing things not even mentioned in the Bible eg Smoking, blood transfusion, voting, joining military, entering a church, celebrating birthdays, Christmas, easter, Thanksgiving joining a church, people who attempted sucide etc?

Shunning is bad and it is a form of punishment. no normal human being will say it is normal
Shunning people because they don't agree with bible interpretation of 7men in newyork, Nathan knorr and
Rutherford is a crime
The sin you talk of is definitely the sin against disobeying rules made up by these men from 1926 till date.

watchtower is afraid of people knowing the truth about its origins and non biblical doctrines so they created a boundary so that the in jws don't get to hear its real origins, failed prophecies, its use of logical fallacies in creating doctrines and its use of threat of dying with non jws in Armageddon

Truth is never afraid of any negative influence. Truth fears no form of scrutiny

shunning is emotional blackmail it is same as killing and individual. You shouldn't take away someones number one social support it is a crime against humanity. People only come back because they miss their families. Shunning is practiced only by cults

If you really have the truth you will never be afraid of danger. Like I said is a way to keep jws from people who have discovered watchtower is a fraud. A publishing company trying to sell its books

Shunning is never a loving arrangement it is a hateful one. You shouldn't justify shunning people. It is psychological blackmail

Bible never mentioned shunning. The first time it is mentioned is in watchtower publications. Nathan knorr started the shunning rule

What is the definition of the wicked man in the Bible. The Bible never mentioned wicked people as people who don't accept the non biblical teaching of 7 men in newyork. Read 1cor5 from beginning to the end and know what its talking of.

You people just believe in fallacies. How is not eating with a somebody the same as not talking to the person?
The verse never said a wicked man is someone who does not believe watchtower non biblical teaching. I think 1cor5 was specific. And from that chapter it never said shun those people.

Wow so the shunning starts when the elders or watchtower police have finished investigation? Where is it mentioned in the Bible that you must be part of watchtower organization to be God's people? I think your leaders are delusional

Cult behavior spotted. So you shun people because they disobeyed non biblical rules made up by 7 imperfect uninspired men who say they are not led by the holy spirit? So you shun people for disobeying rules which can be changed in the future?

So shunning is now acceptable before God because 7 uninspired men in newyork say so. Interesting
Stop justifying non biblical teaching made by men who assumed that the Bible said you shun people who disobeyed Nathan knorr and Rutherfords law.
Okay.
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by oteneaaron(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
prinzfavian:

Alright thanks, I will take up your advice...
What you don't know not just about witnesses but about the scriptures too is hopelessly more than you do know about both... So, It's futile going further trying to explain anything to you and your cohorts about witnesses and their practices or core scriptural guidelines and teachings.... So I'll just say.... Namaste.

Trust me. I know way more than what you think.

Cheers !!
Re: The Scars Of Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses. by mikeolu1: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
Here is an example.
In the 30s and down to the 40s, Jehovah's witnesses believed that vaccination is a sin. Despite all scientific publications proving the efficacy of vaccines against germ borne diseases.
"...vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood" (The Golden Age, Feb. 4, 1931:293).

Question is, if a Jehovah's Witness refused this directive and left, he is announced as disfelloshiped, do you call such a man "wicked"?

But you can't blame the leadership in New York, they already said:
"The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction." - Watchtower, February 2017, page 26, paragraph 12.

Can anyone be clearer than that? They said, We make mistakes in doctrinal matters and we are not inspired.
Meaning, we are like the board of directors of [put any company], but even when we make mistakes, you still need to follow theocratic order. Ha ba!

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? / If Adam And Eve Were Light Skinned, How Come We Are Black?? / Muslim Man Destroys Statue Of Holy Mary Mother Of God - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.