Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC (33081 Views)

5 Problems Serving Abuja Corpers will likely face after POP / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by paulstrings(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Being a graduate is one of the best feelings you’ll remember for a very long time.

You remember the Final Year Week, The departmental dinners, the Water Baptisms etc.

Fast forward months Later, You are off to serve your fatherland in an unknown state. Then you are back home after NYSC.

one month

Two months

Three Months.

NO JOB!!

Pressure sets in. Here are the types of pressures unemployed graduates face during this period

1. Parental Pressure:

If you decide to go settle back at home, your parents will definitely be concerned about you.

They’ll advise you, ridicule you, pray for you and still be overly concerned about you.

Some will force you to take a job you don’t love especially when you are the eldest and have so many younger siblings and other responsibilities to take care of.

2. Peer Pressure

Peer pressure (or social pressure) is the direct influence on people by peers, or an individual who gets encouraged to follow their peers by changing their attitudes, values, or behaviors to conform to those of the influencing group or individual. – Wikipedia

You have lots of friends and acquaintances. Some will oppress you with their new jobs, cars, clothes, and gadgets. We all have that one friend that got a slot in central bank or NNPC before graduation and you are wondering how you are going to catch up with them.

They throw reunions and other gatherings but you are afraid to attend because you don’t know how to explain the fact that you are jobless.

Peer pressure can either drive you to become better or can make you depressed and desperate. You must learn to believe in yourself and take practical and necessary steps to achieve your dreams.

3. Societal Pressure

Societal pressures are expectations that affect the entire community, or specific parts of it, like the pressure to get married and have children.– Wikipedia

Societal pressures are not really as powerful as the other kinds.

In order to avoid societal pressure, most graduates are forced to relocate to another city. The female graduate is expected to be seen with a serious fiancé and everyone is expecting a wedding date sooner or later. For the male graduates, you are expected to land a big job, drive a car and take up responsibilities immediately.

There are people in your environment always asking and inquiring about what you are currently doing. Most of them don’t even have a solution.

These pressures are just there to urge you to become a better person and achieve great success. Most people especially our friends and family do have great intentions and care in one way or another but sometimes, these pressures might not be helpful. You must not allow them to have a negative impact on you.

Is there any type of pressure we did not consider? Tell us in the comment box below

Source: http://lifeafternysc.com/types-of-pressures-unemployed-graduates-face-after-nysc/

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by esty16(f): 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2017
I thank God for everything

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Caustics: 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
cool graduates from taraba should apply for this job. Here
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by temitimx19(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
So true

1 Like

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by ruggedtimi(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
girlfriend pressure

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
If you have a job thank God. cry cry

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by MhizzAJ(f): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
I think one should just ignore all those pressures coming from every angle and work more on themselves.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by fiftynaira(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Am facing this shit right now

I wan go do m.sc use am dey pass time

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Badmanbay(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Expecially in this country!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by olaagbalagba: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Udonminit

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by rozayx5(m): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hydraulic pressure from ewedu

cheesy

Unemployment is psychological. When you choose to be jobless you remain jobless

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by LadyCherish(f): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
story of my life!

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by excel127(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed

I Blame Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by indoorlove(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
No graduate should just sit at home. Do something no matter how little.

37 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Talk2Bella(f): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
na u wan de pressured na
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Relationship pressure.
Someone up there said; Girlfriend pressure,...lol.
Na who wan keep a serious relationship wt a jobless dude? 1/100.
Funny enough, yawaa go dey sleep na we guys go carry nyanga go wake am.
Girlfriend pressure...really? Untop joblessness? Na die naa.
Xcept say God send you Angel in disguise o who ft dey encourage and support you till that dream job.
Buh sm hrts of men r evil. Will choose to pay you back with attitude when they tnk they've arrived. That's when we'll realize that she weren't our spec. I don't blame the girls tho.
When you don't have a job yet... Cut your coat according to your cloth naa-In everything. We too do. You're jobless yet you want to fake it to impress 'em girls... For what? The remaining energy that should be used to engage in smtn productive, you wasting on slayqueens that will leave u on a snap of rich dude finger.
Here's is a wake up call!
When you're jobless just stay focus in achieving your dreams, when achieved other things shall be added unto thee.

Keedu nwanyi a?
Biko top o top o!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
very true!
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by abdeiz(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
hmm

1 Like

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by iykeflex: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
i remeba when I cameback from NTSC, my younger broda who was doing some stuff told my mum he ll not be providing money to feed his bros(me) I was so ashamed n had to pick up courage n relocate from d huz, it wasn't easy

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by OMOTOWO(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
I am grateful to God .This is my fourth job after passing out in October 2015 ..although ,I am not happy with my income but I am still grateful to God.I pray God settle me soon because my salary can best be described as GONE IN THE TWINKLE OF AN EYE ..

33 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
God over Everything

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by imstrong1: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
No condition is permanent life is full of ups and downs

8 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by lilmax(m): 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
everybody no go blow the same time

8 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Yuji: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Entrepreneurship is bae. Nobody owes you a job. Create one for yourself if you can't get one from them. #QED cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by ehinmowo: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
In the end, there are things beyond mortal control. May God shine light on our path

Guys register with this new site with amazing features. And u can follow '2 odds' group on the site (for those that stake). Cawid.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
E no easy ooooo

Currently @dat stage of life.

No relative wants me in dia abore.

On ur is my state now, God help us all.

#Chilling with one blackbullet here. ...........� lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Kendrick80(m): 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
It's difficult 2 live up 2 everyone's expectations .u've got ur own goals and expectations in life,but a lot of pple don't have faith in you,nor do they believe that u'll make it.

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by PastorOluT(m): 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
This is the more reason u have to get serious with God as "when u were a child u talked, walked and reason as a child, but now that u are an adult u put away childish things". Grow up and grow in God forsaking the elementary things of this world and see the Lord transforms ur life into a brown new one.

11 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by ajeleseujn(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nobody can kill me with pressure o, abeg

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Lytech(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
indoorlove:
No graduate should just sit at home. Do something no matter how little.
that little thing is also a pressure my brother.. You wont be doing the job happily...

I remember when i was still teaching in one primary school....

One of my student i taught while i was doing my teaching practice came to submit cv in the same school am working?

Just imagine she was eventually employed.... We don turn mate be that... Meaning i must respect her by calling her AUNTY(thats the principle of the sch).

God should just pick our call on time...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
You forget lack of money pressure,

That one bad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
I am quite confused as to why you took time to reiterate what everyone already knows.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Things You Must Know Before NYSC Registration / Ex-corper Embarrassed Online While Celebrating His Passing Out.See What Happened / How To Successfully Process Your NYSC Redeployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.