Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate (8903 Views)

My Over Zealous Subordinate. / The Ordeal Of A Confused Passing Out Corper. Advice Needed / Should Your Subordinate's Salary Be Higher Than Yours For Any Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by Originalsly: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
I had to pay him half from my pocket because of the pressure he subjected me to; while I seek solution
Pay him first.... then seek solution and restitution later. As it is now...he also has bills to pay and guess a family to feed but he can't because of your "mistake"...pay him complete and not let your mistake affect him.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
oladcity:
You should have notified your accounts department immediately you found out.
Even if you end up paying the money, just pray management does not get to know about it later, you may be punished for trying to handle the matter on your own. It's an integrity issue.
I advise you still discuss it with someone in the accounts department or better still make a formal report.
Ok. Thanks
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:

Ah, it's the igede bush boy that doesn't know tribe n ethnic group ain't same even wen his uploaded proof shows him otherwise glaringly.

Before u finish with legal ish on this matter, u must have spent almost or more than 40k.

It's likely a gone case, just try n threaten him with shrine, he will come thru.
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
400billionman:
Write a formal letter to the bank, informing them of your mistake and the Ex staff denials that he received and withdrew such money.

The bank knows how to tame a fraudulent customer. They will advice you to involve police.

Do not involve your own employers o. You may be SUSPENDED for silliness..
Thanks @400billionman
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thanks sir, I will
IamaNigerianGuy:
Many Nigerians are very bad people and I see this reflected in the contents in this thread. No integrity, filled with cunning and conspiracy. Very many make no attempt to find constructive solutions.

You made a mistake and paid the money into a wrong account. Stuff happens, it's not the end of the world.
The former employee on the other hand committed a criminal offence by withdrawing money he knows does not belong to him.

Take it up officially with him by writing him and the bank. If he denies collecting the money and refuses to pay, invite the police as some other people have suggested.
Bank ATMs have CCTV installed; the bank will be asked to retrieve the official logs and corresponding video footage of that withdrawal. Trust me, by the time you ask for that panic will grip the guy and no bank manager will protect him.
Involve your company management early.
Do not pay the individual from your pocket he is not your employee. Management has to decide on that, and only a bad manager will ask you to do so based on the information you have provided. Besides, as someone else has pointed out, it may be interpreted as collusion by auditors.
I would not be afraid of any reprisal/sanction if I were you. If the management cannot back you up and see this as a simple clerical error on your part, they are not worth working for in the first place.

Keep us posted.
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for your contribution
oyb:
These things happen all the time. People are only human. It is the same way payments are delayed, or double taxed. We had a case where a guy moved to a new role and was paid salaries for his new and old role for 12 months.

Sometimes I see unexpected cash inflows and I call he or payroll.

The only issue here is a dishonest individual.

Report to your boss, take your insult and move on. The sooner the better.

The cover up is always worse than the crime
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Trying my to do that. Thank you sir
Originalsly:
Pay him first.... then seek solution and restitution later. As it is now...he also has bills to pay and guess a family to feed but he can't because of your "mistake"...pay him complete and not let your mistake affect him.
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
LOL. You again Well, as an Igede boy, I could threaten him with akpang. What if he goes like "those that give a Fuc... " complete it as a Nairalander that you are grin
PrecisionFx:

Ah, it's the igede bush boy that doesn't know tribe n ethnic group ain't same even wen his uploaded proof shows him otherwise glaringly.

Before u finish with legal ish on this matter, u must have spent almost or more than 40k.

It's likely a gone case, just try n threaten him with shrine, he will come thru.
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thanks man
jaxxy:

Yh bt if the money was paid into his account by error and he has already withdrawn it there's really nothing d bank can do. Its his account and he has d right to take money from it sofar he wasn't part of d error to hv it paid into his account. If the bank initiated d transaction they can do smtn bt only wen next he has such amount in his account they can take it back or they payback from themselves bt if its u or ur coy then it will take abit more legal instructions which d bank isn't really obliged to bt they cud depends on level of influence and amount involved i guess.

NB: the guy above me advice is in order bt it doesn't change d fact he withdrew from hos own account. U will still have to discuss with him on how to get it back or not unless he clearly has such amount in his account

Cc: Igedebushboy
Re: My Ordeal With A Former Subordinate by poshestmina(f): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I think you are not fit to call them your subordinates.
You should be sacked for your inattention to details.

How can you justify making such mistake?

You wouldn't tolerate it if it were committed by one of your subordinates but the good thing is you admit your salary can take care of this indiscretion so it is not much of a problem afterall.

I'd advise, rather than punish the present staff by delaying his pay (even rationalizing it by implying that since they are friends so he could be in on it too).
Pay the guy from your pocket and you can either write off the other one as a bad debt or institute a legal action against the beneficiary through his bank so as to get a refund/recall.

Because trust me; the times are hard, I truly doubt the possibility of the ex-staff returning it voluntarily because he has nothing to lose.

So you are this intelligent?
We need to beg the old woman stirring your brain in the pot grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maritime Sector Records 6,000 Job Losses / Bankers & Professional Bankers Discussion Thread / Masters From Abroad: Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.