Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

8 Shocking Obese Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Shocking Obese Kids (2523 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2017
World's Fattest Toddler (140 lbs)

Back in 2010, this three-year-old Chinese boy tipped the scales at a massive ten stone, five times the average weight of the other three-year-olds in his class. Such was the concern over his size that Xiao Hao was banned from several pre-schools because staff believed he posed a risk to classmates.

Doctors think he may have ballooned to the weight of a small adult as the result of a growth hormone disorder. Others say he is a victim of China's "Little Emperor" syndrome—families there are allowed only one child, who is then spoiled rotten by doting relatives.

He eventually found a nursery in Guangzhou, southern China, which was happy to accommodate him, but his mother Xiao Lin has asked doctors to help him lose weight.

http://www.oddee.com/item_100143.aspx

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:27am On Aug 12, 2017
10-year-old Arya Permana (423 lbs)

In 2016, this little boy earned the title of the world's fattest child and was put on a crash diet, as his parents were afraid he would die.

Arya Permana, 10, weighed 192kg and was categorized as morbidly obese. His rapid weight-gain forced him to quit school because he could no longer physically walk.

He ate five meals a day, consisting of rice, fish, beef, vegetable soup and tempeh, which is usually enough to feed two adults.

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2017
18-month-old Aliya Saleem (53 lbs)

This morbidly obese toddler tipped the scales at 53lbs making her one of the heaviest girls in the world for her age. A video about Aliya's ordeal received more than 21 million views on YouTube.

Her parents, who live in Jharkhand, India, were left baffled by what was causing their daughter's insatiable appetite. A pediatrician at the nearby Orchid Medical Centre has formulated some theories about what could be behind Aliya's ever-expanding waistline.

He believes she could be suffering from Prader-Willi syndrome —a rare disorder characterized by learning difficulties, growth abnormalities, and obsessive eating.

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by Ishilove: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2017
Royalblak007, I don't know why whenever I see your username on Nairaland, the image that pops into my head is Kingblakhoc embarassed

Are you kingblakhoc? grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2017
World's youngest person to be diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes

In 2014, a three-year-old girl became the youngest person in the world to be diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes after reaching 75 pounds.

The youngster from Texas, who was not identified, was admitted to an obesity clinic after suffering from extreme thirst and urination, the first signs of the disease. Both her parents are obese, and an investigation into her diet revealed that she had been fed foods which were high in fat and sugar.

Type 2 diabetes, in which the body gradually loses its ability to produce insulin and tolerate high glucose levels, used to be called "mature onset" diabetes because it was associated with the middle-aged and elderly, but in the past 15 years it has been seen in children. (Source)

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by Ishilove: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2017
Nice thread, by the way. Let that lunatic Kemi Olunloyo come and see the true meaning of child obesity.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2017
World's heaviest baby born (16 lbs)

If you think your child was heavy, spare a thought for the mom of this massive baby that weighed a whopping 16lb—over twice the average for a newborn.

Indiana resident Whitney Hallett recently gave birth to baby Waylon Cole and found her son weighed the same as a typical six-month-old child.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the heaviest baby ever was born at 22 pounds in Ohio in 1879.

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2017
11-year-old Li Hang (322 lbs)

In 2016, an obese boy who weighed 23 stone was set on fire in a bizarre bid to lose weight.

Li Hang, 11, was said to be undergoing the traditional Chinese medicine treatment after his weight ballooned while suffering a rare condition.

The treatment included fire cupping—known as "huo liao"—and acupuncture. It was carried out on the boy at Changchun Kangda Hospital, Changchun City, in the northeastern Chinese province of Jilin.

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2017
3-year-old Freddie Hunt (84 lbs)

A three-year-old boy has piled on 84 pounds due to to a rare side effect of brain cancer treatment.

Freddie Hunt is sofa-bound after having surgery to remove a tumor the size of his fist from his brain. His parents strictly control his diet, but Freddie's brain keeps telling his body to store more food after an operation reduced his tumor by a staggering 90%.

Just 20 days after going under the knife, the toddler's belly began to bloat to an unbelievable size, despite a constantly upset stomach and frequent vomiting.

As a result of the invasive brain surgery, Freddie had developed hypothalamic obesity, a condition caused by damaging a nerve in the brain that controls the body's metabolism.

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:34am On Aug 12, 2017
5-year-old Misael Caldogno Abreu (168 lbs)

A five-year-old boy is so large he risks being suffocated by his own bulk. At 168 pounds, Misael Caldogno Abreu is three times the size of other children his age. His excess weight is due to a syndrome which means he is unable to stop eating.

He is so big, he often stops breathing while sleeping, leaving his terrified parents in fear that he may not wake up.
Misael, from Espírito Santo in Brazil, was born a healthy 6lbs 6oz, but immediately started gaining weight.

Doctors believe he is suffering from Prader-Willi syndrome. He now weighs 178 lbs and is still gaining weight despite following a low-fat diet and walking for 40 minutes each day.

Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2017
Ishilove:
Royalblak007, I don't know why whenever I see your username on Nairaland, the image that pops into my head is Kingblakhoc embarassed

Are you kingblakhoc? grin

grin Tßlak!? Nö way

♤ßut I think we share a remarkable resemblance cheesy
Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by RoyalBlak007: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
Re: 8 Shocking Obese Kids by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
And I'm here with my 120 Lbs

(1) (Reply)

My Evil Uncle / Have You Ever Fallen Head Over Heels In Love With Someone Who Never Loved You / A Free Counselling Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.