Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,636 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads (1293 Views)

I Need A A Classified Ads Like Jiji Script Or Wordpress Premium Theme / A Classified Ads Website For Sale / Larger Market For Web Developers And Techies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
Please we need honest review to make us better and succeed in Nigeria.

The site is a Free classified ad site - www.yakata.com.ng

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Emmysky(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
It's Nice, A great start
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2017
Emmysky:
It's Nice, A great start

Thank you bro
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by phpfx(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2017
The site is nice and a good startup

but you have moderate users posted ads...make sure you veryfy them first before it goes life on the site. like i posted an ad and it went straight live...spammers would use that to disturb your site

you did a great job bro..how long it took you

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Lagosfinder(m): 9:49am On Aug 13, 2017
The platform is good but moderators are needed to make it great

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2017
phpfx:
The site is nice and a good startup

but you have moderate users posted ads...make sure you veryfy them first before it goes life on the site. like i posted an ad and it went straight live...spammers would use that to disturb your site

you did a great job bro..how long it took you

Thanks bro. I opened it free for now in order to get a number of ads before official launch. There is in-built SMS verification and email verification already- i just disabled it for now. THis is just beta version.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 10:11am On Aug 13, 2017
Lagosfinder:
The platform is good but moderators are needed to make it great

Thank alot man.

I am working on a whole lot of things for yakata.com.ng. I want to make it the most trusted and most secured classified ads site in Nigeria. I have contacted some developers on how to incorporate the latest technology in fraud management and identity management.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Lagosfinder(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
yusufu16:

Thank alot man.

I am working on a whole lot of things for yakata.com.ng. I want to make it the most trusted and most secured classified ads site in Nigeria. I have contacted some developers on how to incorporate the latest technology in fraud management and identity management.

Bro we happen to be on same field, while i run a real estate classified, you running general classified.

One thing about general classified websites, you only minimize fraud, it cant be stopped

All i advice focus on minimizin fraud and do heavy promo cuz that we determine your succeess
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lagosfinder:

Bro we happen to be on same field, while i run a real estate classified, you running general classified.

One thing about general classified websites, you only minimize fraud, it cant be stopped

All i advice focus on minimizin fraud and do heavy promo cuz that we determine your succeess

Thanks man. you are right. Everything in Nigeria now needs trust because of the bad name very few Nigerians created for the vast majority of honests and hard working ones.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Emmysky(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
I forsee this site being as big if not bigger than jiji.
If you have been monitiring JiJi since their launch, You will know that they depended solely on promotions. You often see their ads on Facebook, Instagram, Adsense and others.
So man, Don't let go, Keep moving forward and promote the site wella and sef fit arrange like 1 or 2 MIL for promotional adverts and posts.
On other unrelated but relevant note, I'd like to work with you.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Emmysky(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
yusufu16:

Thanks man. you are right. Everything in Nigeria now needs trust because of the bad name very few Nigerians created for the vast majority of honests and hard working ones.
Seriously, Na so i be wan buy one phone from somebody on jiji and d person say make i pay full then he'll send it via waybill...I say i no gree. Later he said i should pay 2.5k so he can pay for the waybill shipping money and when it arrives I'll give the secretary there and they'll take it back to him.
Thinking it was fraudulent, I called the GiG people and they said they do offer such kind of service. Feeling it was a game of chance, I paid him the 2.5k and he stopped answering my calls...lolz. 2.5k wey pesin tey dey do sub for one month na hin tey do scam.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
Emmysky:
Seriously, Na so i be wan buy one phone from somebody on jiji and d person say make i pay full then he'll send it via waybill...I say i no gree. Later he said i should pay 2.5k so he can pay for the waybill shipping money and when it arrives I'll give the secretary there and they'll take it back to him.
Thinking it was fraudulent, I called the GiG people and they said they do offer such kind of service. Feeling it was a game of chance, I paid him the 2.5k and he stopped answering my calls...lolz. 2.5k wey pesin tey dey do sub for one month na hin tey do scam.

Waoo what an experience. Sometimes I think the bulk of the work has to do with the buyer. If an offer is too good to be true, then it is most likely a scam. However there are some people who just want to sell their items at a ridiculous price because they need money urgently to solve one or two problems. Either way, I think it is best not to send money to anybody until you see the item or the person physically.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
Emmysky:
If you have been monitiring JiJi since their launch, You will know that they depended solely on promotions. You often see their ads on Facebook, Instagram, Adsense and others.
So man, Don't let go, Keep moving forward and promote the site wella and sef fit arrange like 1 or 2 MIL for promotional adverts and posts.

Waoo thanks bro. Yakata.com.ng is a 100% Nigerian owned company unlike our competitors who are backed by foreign investors. I still believe we can break the market and make Yakata.com.ng a household name among Nigerians. It is people like who believe in Nigerian products and the entrepreneural spirit of Nigerians that will make Yakata.com.ng a success through word of mouth and positive feedback. The latest trend now is the domestication of technology/business. Why most facebook be the default social media for Nigerians, why must google be the default search engine for Nigerians, etc. China have their own version facebook called, weibo; they have their own version of google, they have everything that is peculiar only to them. Russia have their own version of facebook called VK. It is high time we Nigerians begin to think of how we can create something that is perculiar to the Nigerian people. I so much respect Seun who has created Nairaland that is specific to Nigeria and has become successful. Others are Linda Ikeji and I am seeing alot of our youth venturing into the blogging business too.

We can do it as Nigerians. All we need is dedication, persistence and patience. Nothing is impossible in this world.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
Emmysky:

I am also working on marketing campaign for brand awareness. We are still in beta testing.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Emmysky(m): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
yusufu16:

Waoo what an experience. Sometimes I think the bulk of the work has to do with the buyer. If an offer is too good to be true, then it is most likely a scam. However there are some people who just want to sell their items at a ridiculous price because they need money urgently to solve one or two problems. Either way, I think it is best not to send money to anybody until you see the item or the person physically.
True that. I made a huge mistake by trusting the seller but nonetheless Nigerians will soon advert from these their dubious schemes and face the right path to growth and trustworthiness.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Emmysky(m): 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
@yusufu16 Can you give me your email address? I'd like to have a business chat with you.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Lagosfinder(m): 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
Emmysky:

NIGERIANS CAN INFITRATE ANY SYSTEM, SAMMERS HAVE ALMOST TAKEN OVER JIJI, HAVE YOU NOTICE MOST THEIR JOB LISTING ARE FAKE
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Lagosfinder:

NIGERIANS CAN INFITRATE ANY SYSTEM, SAMMERS HAVE ALMOST TAKEN OVER JIJI, HAVE YOU NOTICE MOST THEIR JOB LISTING ARE FAKE

You are right bro. While we cannot completely stop scammers, I believe with technology, we can still reduce the activities of the scammers. What we want to do on yakata.com.ng is to educate our buyers/visitors. I believe if buyers are properly informed, they themselves can easily detect real buyers from scammers. Sometimes, technology is not enough, buyers/individuals can make the difference.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Lagosfinder(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2017
yusufu16:

You are right bro. While we cannot completely stop scammers, I believe with technology, we can still reduce the activities of the scammers. What we want to do on yakata.com.ng is to educate our buyers/visitors. I believe if buyers are properly informed, they themselves can easily detect real buyers from scammers. Sometimes, technology is not enough, buyers/individuals can make the difference.

I have come to discover its not the buyer education thats the problem, its their greed and selfishness that makes them fall easily
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by yusufu16: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Lagosfinder:

I have come to discover its not the buyer education thats the problem, its their greed and selfishness that makes them fall easily

Exactly you are absolutely right. Greed is one of the major reason why many people fall for scammers and 419ners.
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by Emmysky(m): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
You should prolly correct this typo.
Also saw some others oo but didn't SS them.

Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by don4mack: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
I like the theme you're using.

What is the name of the theme?
Re: Nairaland Techies - Need Your Opinion On Yakata.com.ng Classified Ads by melanch(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2018
don4mack:
I like the theme you're using.
What is the name of the theme?
Look for your own theme. That's the name.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Fashion Blog In Nigeria Completete Tutorial By Victor Winners / Hire Me: I Develop Web Applications At Affordable Rates! / We Now Have Cabals On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.